Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
      Well I don't claim to know anything about arse cancer but as long as Trump dosn't do anything that leads to a world war it can hopefully be repaired. It'll make people more tolerant I think and that is a good thing. Too much instant impact expectation nowadays, world got a bit too pc as well.

You just have to look at the Brexit reaction to see how things have gone. The anti-Brexit crowd acted like spoiled children in the wake of it. They couldn't hold their shit together and have a bit of common decency. The result of this is that many idiots who voted to leave are even more delighted they did now because of the childish reaction from the pro-Europe side.
      Hilarious stuff.

Comment

The old eagle eye was a better troll. Out of practice
        airport, lol

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
            The old eagle eye was a better troll. Out of practice
            The problem is that everybody realises it now. Thought I had Strewely there for a moment.
            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Smock Alley.

Pros:
              they let you bring drink into the show
              it's a beautiful space

Cons:
              quality of the show is, errrr, variable
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

When you catch yourself winking at a statue, it's probably time to go home.

Life tips #1.

Comment

Is it possible to cast amazon prime to tv. Can't see how

Nevemind blonde moment lol. Have it

EDIT TO. SAY NAH SOUND NO. PIC

watching on phone ��
                  Last edited by SatNav; 04-10-18, 23:35.
                  Her sky-ness
                  © 5starpool

Comment

Moderately dumb question: where does one get dry cleaning done around the IFSC area these days?

Used to be one where Bear is now.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      Moderately dumb question: where does one get dry cleaning done around the IFSC area these days?

Used to be one where Bear is now.
                      Lads I know who work down there get it picked up. Can find out who does it for you if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                        Lads I know who work down there get it picked up. Can find out who does it for you if you want.
                        Good point, someone probably does it in my place.

Old job had a guy who came in twice a week but there were over 2k people in the building so well worth it. New place has gone to 'jeans and a shirt' so newly-purchased suits are only getting wear for client visits.

Comment

So does anyone know what the minimum alcohol pricing might mean for those of us who don't buy the really cheap stuff, but who buy craft beers on special offer (4 for €10, etc...)? Everything to be pushed up by a rising tide?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                Zero reason why anything should rise if it's not affected by minimum pricing. You're already being charged the price that makes sense for the brewery, so why would they charge more if that means less people buy?
                                Won't brands that wish to appear of higher status raise their prices to maintain separation between themselves and the bottom of the market?

Say Dutch is €1 a can and Lech or something benefits from being held in a better regard because it is €1.50. Now the minimum including for the can of Dutch is €2 the can of Lech is going to be at least €2.50 to not be seen as cheap swill.

Same for wine, probably more so.

Comment

Have we had people here giving favourable reviews of the pot luck sales on wineonline.ie?

Got an email that they are having one at the moment and thinking about pulling the trigger.

Comment

airport, lol

Comment

The suit idea is gone indeed. Although love the fact that kids are expected to wear a tie to school - a nice little take the piss gesture there
                                      They are.

Mine just wear normal clothes.

Comment

This is pretty interesting
                                        data on airbnb listings in and around dublin

This website is for sale! wherebnb.io is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, wherebnb.io has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Zero reason why anything should rise if it's not affected by minimum pricing. You're already being charged the price that makes sense for the brewery, so why would they charge more if that means less people buy?
                                          Margin maybe, if MUP means you are making a huge margin on the 'was €6, now €9' bottle of wine then the 'was €9, still €9' bottle starts to look a bit of a waste from the suppliers point of view. So bump up its price to keep the margin similar. Same logic for ales/beer.

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                          Won't brands that wish to appear of higher status raise their prices to maintain separation between themselves and the bottom of the market?

Say Dutch is €1 a can and Lech or something benefits from being held in a better regard because it is €1.50. Now the minimum including for the can of Dutch is €2 the can of Lech is going to be at least €2.50 to not be seen as cheap swill.
                                          I'm not convinced that Dutch Gold continues to exist, its entire reason (cheap) is now gone. So something marginally better might fill the €2 slot, but I agree Lech etc will probably go up also so as not to be seen to be the bottom of the market.

Are we first to introduce these sort of price points in MUP, how did it affect the market in Scotland which was much lower MUP but might be a pointer.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                            Margin maybe, if MUP means you are making a huge margin on the 'was €6, now €9' bottle of wine then the 'was €9, still €9' bottle starts to look a bit of a waste from the suppliers point of view. So bump up its price to keep the margin similar. Same logic for ales/beer.

I'm not convinced that Dutch Gold continues to exist, its entire reason (cheap) is now gone. So something marginally better might fill the €2 slot, but I agree Lech etc will probably go up also so as not to be seen to be the bottom of the market.

Are we first to introduce these sort of price points in MUP, how did it affect the market in Scotland which was much lower MUP but might be a pointer.
                                            We'll see. If I was to make a bet it would be that we will end up largely with the same products at the same 'level' in the market with the prices all rising to keep them positioned the same relative to one another.

Comment

That wine thing sounds fun for a group.

Friend rushed into surgery last night in Mater, her brand new phone was taken off her as she was being wheeled in as well as all other belongings. Phone nowhere to be found today with all other stuff being fine, staff started off by saying she didn't give it to them and doubting everything she said (I was in there, head of the ward is some yoke). They have no idea where she was taken, who was dealing with her, where the piece of paper is that had her belongings written on it by the staff as they were taking it.

Pretty shit one as she is quite poor and her last new phone was violently mugged off her two weeks ago. I got that one for her. Before that she'd been using the same phone for like 6-8 years.
                                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 05-10-18, 12:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                That wine thing sounds fun for a group.

Friend rushed into surgery last night in Mater, her brand new phone was taken off her as she was being wheeled in as well as all other belongings. Phone nowhere to be found today with all other stuff being fine, staff started off by saying she didn't give it to them and doubting everything she said (I was in there, head of the ward is some yoke). They have no idea where she was taken, who was dealing with her, where the piece of paper is that had her belongings written on it by the staff as they were taking it.

Pretty shit one as she is quite poor and her last new phone was violently mugged off her two weeks ago. I got that one for her. Before that she'd been using the same phone for like 6-8 years.
                                                Tell them you bought the phone, you will be getting the Po Po involved and they will be looking at security footage in the hospital

Also tell them you will be going to the board of the hospital before getting in touch with department of health

Comment

ooh and Tar, at the right time give it about 15% "aaah hey sham"

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                    Leinster v Munster tomorrow - were there any of those cheapy 10 quid tickets doing the rounds? I've been out of the loop and only just realised the match was taking place. Don't fancy 70e tickets.
                                                    Yeah I scooped 3. Claimed at the minute unless I get a last minute cry off.
                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                      TSLA up a billion in pre-market again - some sweat
                                                      And nearly back to the recent low again. Some stock.
                                                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 05-10-18, 16:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                        And nearly back to the recent lower again. Some stock.
                                                        There's a guy at work who must have a big wedge in them who keeps me updated agonising over whether to sell them or not. I'm getting great amusement watching the swongs!

Comment

Work selling off some old macbooks. We are apple partner so get new laptops for employees every year.

Macbook Pro Retina 2015 8gb ram, 256gb HD, i5 2.7ghz (early 2015) for 800cad.
                                                          Seems to be a decent deal given some small research I've done.
                                                          In great nick given the are used and refurbished in house for app development.

Anyone know if thats a decent deal?

Obv, if anyone here is interested I can hook up too. Not sure how shipping would work but I'm sure its a solvable problem.
                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

There's nothing quite like that warm fuzzy feeling of working late on a Friday, crunching the numbers of customer credit and rebills for the previous month and how that has an impact both financially and from a productivity point of view.

I mean, sure, some people would rather be in the pub having a few pints and the craic but I think we can all agree that they are the ones missing out...

Comment

Works out at about €500 so it's a pretty decent deal. Had a quick search on eBay.com and similar macbooks are definitely more expensive. Spend a few quid to double the ram to 16gb when you get it.

Comment

Stumbled across this in the other place, some great old pics of Dublin boozers. Prob one for Solks....

A small selection of pubs that served the city, some had last orders called years ago.

Comment

Smock Alley.

Pros:
                                                                  they let you bring drink into the show
                                                                  it's a beautiful space

Cons:
                                                                  quality of the show is, errrr, variable
                                                                  That Hamlet was an enjoyable enough way to pass a few hours of an evening. Really didn't think it was anything special though.
                                                                  The rush to get home and have an early dinner meant I had the kind of indigestion that could easily be mistaken for a heart attack, which was a bit of a distraction. That, and the fact that I find it difficult to sit still for more than 30 minutes didn't help.

Just a reminder that it does indeed start at 7. Don't be one of the gobshites that misses the first half
                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Does anyone know of a short course/night course in Python/SQL/R programming that might be suitable for a business person?

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                      Does anyone know of a short course/night course in Python/SQL/R programming that might be suitable for a business person?
                                                                      http://automatetheboringstuff.com/ is good, decent udemy course on same content.

Think code academy do a decent python intro too.
                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                        I've made peace with a large fire and relaxing on the couch.
                                                                        A big weekend planned here.

Rugby, attending the local tractor run and Lisa Hannigan at the NCH. A cultural milieu!

Ulster v Connacht is quite the entertaining game with the fire heating my bones here too.
                                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                          Stumbled across this in the other place, some great old pics of Dublin boozers. Prob one for Solks....

https://www.danodublinimages.com/ONE...E-B%C3%93THAR/
                                                                          It really was some shithole in the 80's. Mostof the rest of the country was worse though, which says a lot about why so many were leaving.

Comment

Connacht not really playing well, giving so many penalties away - Ulster not up to too much either. Physical match. 58 years so long to wait for a win in Belfast!

Comment

LOL Reverse BBVed myself there At least I think there's not enough time for Ulster to come back now!

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                    That Hamlet was an enjoyable enough way to pass a few hours of an evening. Really didn't think it was anything special though.
                                                                                    The rush to get home and have an early dinner meant I had the kind of indigestion that could easily be mistaken for a heart attack, which was a bit of a distraction. That, and the fact that I find it difficult to sit still for more than 30 minutes didn't help.

Just a reminder that it does indeed start at 7. Don't be one of the gobshites that misses the first half
                                                                                    Speaking of which...

I had a cardiac MRi a few weeks ago, got the results last monday.
                                                                                    After the bypass, 2 angiograms, 8 or 10 stress tests and numerous ecg's in the last 6 years cardiologist tells me it appears i had a heart attack at some stage before the bypass...none of the previous tests showed anything like that before, i did have a serious "indigestion" episode a few months before the operation and there was a time when i was driving to work when all one side of me went numb and pain in my jaw etc.

Doesnt change much really but now i need to cop myself on, will be cutting back on the booze and upping the exercise.
                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                      Speaking of which...

After the bypass, 2 angiograms, 8 or 10 stress tests and numerous ecg's in the last 6 years cardiologist tells me it appears i had a heart attack at some stage before the bypass...none of the previous tests showed anything like that before, i did have a serious "indigestion" episode a few months before the operation and there was a time when i was driving to work when all one side of me went numb and pain in my jaw etc.

Doesnt change much really but now i need to cop myself on, will be cutting back on the booze and upping the exercise.
                                                                                      Why wouldn't you have had a heart attack before the bypass? From the state mine was in they were pretty sure I'd had several.

Started eating Shredded Wheat with lactose free milk for breakfast last week, while simultaneously reintroducing weekend whiskey. No clear winner yet.
                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Speaking of which...

Take care of yourself Ole.. Surprised it didnt show before.. Back in the clinic for the mri?

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                          Why wouldn't you have had a heart attack before the bypass? From the state mine was in they were pretty sure I'd had several.

Started eating Shredded Wheat with lactose free milk for breakfast last week, while simultaneously reintroducing weekend whiskey. No clear winner yet.
                                                                                          They were always under the impression i hadn't and it was purely preventative. came as a bit of a shock tbh.
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                                                                            Take care of yourself Ole.. Surprised it didnt show before.. Back in the clinic for the mri?
                                                                                            No Mike, the hermitage above in dubland, its only them and blackrock carry out the procedure, would give the clinic a run for its money !

Its the shock i needed to be fair, been playing fast and loose like i was bulletproof the last few years.
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Very few things genuinely shock anymore but this is just...

Comment

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-37390015.html
                                                                                                Ah FFS, remind me to take a few days off seeing the news whenever that comes to court
                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

They are.

Mine just wear normal clothes.
                                                                                                  Do they go to an Educate together?
                                                                                                  I love having a uniform, saves the whole "she has better clothes than me" shit. There is one supplier of the uniforms here and it is all very reasonably priced. I even get the leather school shoes from there which are great quality. Didn't the first year and she went through 3 pairs of designer ones. Got the leather ones for €25 and they are still perfect. Just too small now.

They only wear a tie when they wear the "winter" uniform where they have a shirt, tie and jumper on. They wear that from November until Easter.
                                                                                                  The summer uniform is a polo shirt and a skort for the girls and the shorts for the boys.

Speaking of which...

That is scary!

I am waiting for the cardia MRi myself at the moment. What does it entail? is it another injection type? How long does it take? I know I have been given two tablets to take that day to slow my heart down. Can't be worse than the injection of the radioactive shit that they do to you, with a mask and gloves on

Comment

Looking at a mobile for one of the kids as their phone is fucked. What model of the Motorola is it everyone raves about? not particularly looking for the cheapest phone, but heard so many mentions of the Motorola on here.

Thanks!

I seen this one local

Comment

...Actually the most disgusting thing I've heard in my life...Seen pics of the accused floating around with the baby...Just heart breaking and sickening to the core...I really hope it's not publicised too much because I really don't want to know the details...

Comment

A rare biscuit recommendation, but if you ever get a chance to try these they are phenomenal despite their seeming simplicity.

Would usually bring home about 30 packets of galettes, palets and sables from each trip. That Normandy butter is just ludicrously good.
                                                                                                        Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 06-10-18, 09:10.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                          Do they go to an Educate together?
                                                                                                          No. Local CoI primary.

For some reason, Prod prinary schools seem to be uniform-free.

Comment

So I am going to Galway next weekend with my rugby-trip crew, heading on the train. All set for the usual wine and cheese consumption onboard.

Or so we thought.

Nanny state bullshit!

Comment

What a sick cunt, I can't believe what I just read. I wonder if the guy will make it to trial...

No. Local CoI primary.

For some reason, Prod prinary schools seem to be uniform-free.
                                                                                                              Not in Donegal, the Prod kids had a uniform as well. All non denom schools in Scotland had uniforms too.

Comment

Not in Donegal, the Prod kids had a uniform as well. All non denom schools in Scotland had uniforms too.
                                                                                                                Northern Prods are very partial to uniforms.

Comment

Northern Prods are very partial to uniforms.
                                                                                                                  It aint just Northern... there are ones all over. Have a look at Cork etc. It seems Dublin are the odd ones out

Comment

I am waiting for the cardia MRi myself at the moment. What does it entail? is it another injection type? How long does it take? I know I have been given two tablets to take that day to slow my heart down. Can't be worse than the injection of the radioactive shit that they do to you, with a mask and gloves on
                                                                                                                    Takes around an hour, lots of scans, then scans with you holding your breath, pull you out and hook the canola you had inserted previously up, back in the tube then a remote pump injects the contrast and hold your breath for more scans.

I may have fallen asleep at one point....
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Takes around an hour, lots of scans, then scans with you holding your breath, pull you out and hook the canola you had inserted previously up, back in the tube then a remote pump injects the contrast and hold your breath for more scans.

I may have fallen asleep at one point....
                                                                                                                      Did you have to take tablets to slow the heart down too? I am terrified about the whole thing!

Comment

I've seen that posted in a few places, but have refused to read the body of the article - from the headline I'm 1,000,000% sure I don't want to know the details and have more of my faith in my fellow humans sucked out of me Excepting the fact that mistakes can happen, the wrong person convicted, etc... and so it's not really an option anymore, the death penalty is surely perfect for people like that. There is no redemption possible, eliminate the problem and move on...

So I am going to Galway next weekend with my rugby-trip crew, heading on the train. All set for the usual wine and cheese consumption onboard.

Or so we thought.

Nanny state bullshit!
                                                                                                                        We've had enough of your Dublin stags arriving in the fair city of the Tribes already drunk - please save your drinking for the fine establishments of Galway!

Comment

Did you have to take tablets to slow the heart down too? I am terrified about the whole thing!
                                                                                                                          I didnt, just told to avoid caffeine that day.
                                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X