Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoa. Now he's done a character assassination on his former best friend. WTF.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Oh, his body language is shocking.

Comment

I actually believe him. Not that it matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
          How did it smell?

Probably a stupid thing to point out but...
          Sometimes the wine is ok
          It actually smells OK

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            It's a message from God.
            I'm firmly in the Lazare camp on the God front!

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
              I'm firmly in the Lazare camp on the God front!
              Exactly.

Comment

If it's not all an act I'd hope someone is keeping him well away from the rope and rickety stool store.
                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I actually believe him. Not that it matters.
                  Really

Maybe he's managed to convince himself that nothing happened or more likely its something he just doesn't remember but he's coming across to me as someone in deep denial and holding on tight to the picture he has created of himself.

She on the other hand came across to me as completely believable and seemed genuine in her motivation.

Trump will probably cut him loose, he laid out the groundwork yesterday and I can't imagine that after this performance the pollsters will be advising him to double down on another pussy grabber.
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

It actually smells OK
                      Just because the cork is gone it doesn't necessarily mean the wine is

May be drinkable, might be cookable, could be kitchen sinkable

If it smell a ok, Give it a little taste

Comment

Just because the cork is gone it doesn't necessarily mean the wine is

May be drinkable, might be cookable, could be kitchen sinkable

If it smell a ok, Give it a little taste
                        Oh, I'm drinking it as it smells and tastes fine. It was just a ball sack filtering it through a sieve several times and then fishing out some of the finer bits of cork.

Comment

Oh, I'm drinking it as it smells and tastes fine. It was just a ball sack filtering it through a sieve several times and then fishing out some of the finer bits of cork.
                          Cool, have dealt with loads of people who assume the worst... As I said, probably a stupid thing to point out

Comment

Shoulda bought more puts

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              Yeah, The Guardian coverage has been spot on. Suggests a whole lot of naivity on the Russian's part that they didn't think the Brits would do their homework before releasing the names (Brit intel have obviously been feeding The Guardian, which is grand, as they have rock solid proof to back it up imo). They seem undeniably the assasins at this stage. And they could have just not brought them on tv and continued blind denial.
                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Happened me before. Ended up sieving glass and lived to tell the tale.... Don't think I'll ever get over the musty taste though 😂
                                Her sky-ness
                                © 5starpool

Comment

Went to see Frank Pig says hello'( Butcher Boy) tonite and was dissapointed. Just a 2 man cast with one of them(John Ruddy) playing every other character which was impressive acting but I always find a 2 person cast exhausting and like to see a variety of cast.
                                  I went to be entertained but there was nothing to laugh at really. Francie was badly lacking the underlying menace and knife edge personality of his tv counterpart. And the killing of Mrs Nugent was a cop out, just one unconvincing stab was all. Couldn't wait until it was over if I'm honest.

Wasn't the worst but it just shows what a masterpiece the film was.
                                  The set is over but I believe they are doing a nationwide tour. Just don't go expecting it to be funny or anything like the film adaptation.

Comment

this is something worth supporting

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I pay all my income tax dues, as a citizen of this republic...
                                      Eh???

What has being a citizen of the republic of Ireland have to do with an obligation to pay income tax in Ireland? That's a weird pedestal you've built there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                        Eh???

What has being a citizen of the republic of Ireland have to do with an obligation to pay income tax in Ireland? That's a weird pedestal you've built there.

There’s a difference between an Irish citizen not paying tax in Ireland due to emigrating for personal reasons versus an Irish citizen who deliberately sets up shop elsewhere to ensure lower taxes - seems that’s what Raoul is hammering away at

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                          There’s a difference between an Irish citizen not paying tax in Ireland due to emigrating for personal reasons versus an Irish citizen who deliberately sets up shop elsewhere to ensure lower taxes - seems that’s what Raoul is hammering away at
                                          I understand the issue regarding tax avoidance through residency.
                                          I'm pointing out that it has nothing to do with citizenship. So using citizen status as part of the argument is odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                            this is something worth supporting

Posts here as Digiman

Comment

I understand the issue regarding tax avoidance through residency.
                                              I'm pointing out that it has nothing to do with citizenship. So using citizen status as part of the argument is odd.
                                              You misrepresent.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                I see Ryanair have removed the free 10KG "carry on" bag from all flights from Nov 1st onwards, will have to pay to put them in the hold or pay for priority. If you just turn up with a bag it's a €25 fee each way.
                                                You'll still only pay €8 on the day if you go through check-in. It's just if you want to skip check-in and take it through security, then you'll pay €25 one way at the gate. Up to you if you want to do the same again on the way back!

Such a silly move, as its just making it a real extra cost of booking flights and you also feel you are being conned out of the money. I'd imagine a lot of people will feel more comfortable paying a bit extra for another airline as it seems a slimy way of extracting cash. We'll see of course, but think they'd have been better off just hiking flight cost by 10% if thats their motivation.
                                                Aren't planes built to carry 180 carryon bags though. No other airline seems to have the problem. It was only when they introduced the second smaller bag that they ran into problems. Meh, i don't know. Normally think all their ideas make sense, but this one seems to not make sense. E.g. I don't think you can even carry on a normal rucksack now.
                                                You can defo still carry on a rucksack. I've always taken a laptop bag (big bag that holds 2 x 17inch laptop and others) without any issues, and they are still allowed.

I wish they wouldn't try to package it as if they are doing us a favour, and that most people are happy changing a 20kg for a 10kg at half the price. They also say it won't affect 60% of people. That's another joke.

The previous changes were fantastic, especially for families. A couple of years ago, it was a struggle trying to get a few 10kg bags onto a plane if you didn't pay priority, so you had to pay it to make sure you got overhead space near where you were seated.

The next changes were great. Rock up with some 10kg bags, and they get tagged and taken off you free of charge, and you just sat, relaxed. Why would you pay for priority when you didn't have to fight over overhead space. No brainer.

Now, it's all about money. Either you pay €6 per person for priority and you still have to drag the bags onto the plane, or you pay €8 to put them in the hold (but now you need to go through the checkin desk, and not just head through security) so that's another ballache. Plus, i have only ever had one 10kg checked in years of travelling. It's almost never been over 10kg, but i've never had to worry about it before.

In almost every flight i've done with Ryanair over the past couple of years, the non-priority passengers have had their bags tagged while in the waiting area, in the queue, and the last few at the desk. It didn't delay flights by any longer than before they brought that in. Yeah, you get what you pay for, and you can't have it every way. I'd be quite happy to pay priority, and have a choice of taking my bag on the plane, or get it checked in. Not huge issues when travelling alone, but it's when you travel with kids, there's a few more issues you need to contend with!

Comment

golf is good

Comment

Any (iPad compatible) links for the golf?

Comment

Spieth killing out there
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Krakow advice. I see flights dirt cheap for Nov 3rd. Loads of lovely hotels extremely cheap too on booking. Com

Anyone been before that could recommend something central and safe for myself and Mia. Sightseeing break.

Also is airport far from krakow etc

Any advice appreciated ty
                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                          Krakow advice. I see flights dirt cheap for Nov 3rd. Loads of lovely hotels extremely cheap too on booking. Com

Anyone been before that could recommend something central and safe for myself and Mia. Sightseeing break.

Also is airport far from krakow etc

Any advice appreciated ty
                                                          We stayed in this place - http://www.palacbonerowski.com/

It's right on Main Market Square which is probably the best place to stay. Loads of options around there. I found it very safe when we were there, people very friendly.

Comment

Where's a decent/the best off license for wine in town, I want to get someone a present of a couple of bottles, I.e. somewhere I can tell the person behind counter I want to spend x and they'll recommend, as I know feck all
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                              Where's a decent/the best off license for wine in town, I want to get someone a present of a couple of bottles, I.e. somewhere I can tell the person behind counter I want to spend x and they'll recommend, as I know feck all
                                                              fallon & byrne had a lovely wine cellar downstairs with some very nice bottles. Is it still there?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                We stayed in this place - http://www.palacbonerowski.com/

It's right on Main Market Square which is probably the best place to stay. Loads of options around there. I found it very safe when we were there, people very friendly.

731 for 3 nights. Way over budget. Saw lovely places for less than 200 for the 3 nights.

Radison 283 for 3 nights 0.4 kms from place you recommended

I'd like obv to keep low as possible.

This Only 130 breakfast Inc for instant. Doesn't look hectic but if a good area I'd take it as plan to do alot of stuff during day.

Like this looks amazing 135. Lounge apartments, Just unsure of areas

Last edited by SatNav; 28-09-18, 09:44.
                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                  fallon & byrne had a lovely wine cellar downstairs with some very nice bottles. Is it still there?
                                                                  Yeah it's still there, probably a good place to start!
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

I use baggot wines and the guys are good. Don’t expect a bargain tho as there is a bit of a d4 tax

Comment

I was thinking 50-60e, 2-3 decent bottles, am I way off?
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Got Metallica tickets, seems a lot of people I know are so should be great craic.

The Corkscrew is one of the best places to buy wine and champagne online with over 800 labels from more than 30 different countries, there’s something to suit all budgets. Next-day delivery available.

Comment

Wow. Surely no point in putting Kavanaugh in front of the hearing after that. He's done.

Imagine going on with this and trying to force Republicans to vote to confirm him. They'd be crushed in November (and may well be anyway).

Delicious.
                                                                          lose the battle win the war

Who gives a bollox if you lose the mid terms, even both the house and senate, who cares if trump loses all influence for the remainder of his administration, who cares if he gets impeached.
                                                                          You have control of the SC for the next 40 years and THAT is where the real power in shaping the country lies.

He's getting in, no doubt about it. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't. It'd be interesting to see how is waiting in the wings as well. SOMEONE is getting that SC spot before the dust is settled in November.
                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

731 for 3 nights. Way over budget. Saw lovely places for less than 200 for the 3 nights.

This Only 130 breakfast Inc for instant. Doesn't look hectic but if a good area I'd take it as plan to do alot of stuff during day.

http://www.booking.com/Share-4Gbshi
                                                                            Asked a couple of Polish in my job. Will PM you.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                              Asked a couple of Polish in my job. Will PM you.
                                                                              All booked. Thanks to GAB.

The price dropped from over 300 odd to 260 in approx 1 hour. So booked it.
                                                                              Less than 500 quid myself and Mia flights hotel 3 nights.

Nice surprise for her!
                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Stayed on that street twice, its fine. It's residential more than touristy so you have to walk (5/10 minutes) to the tourist area/bars/main square etc.

Comment

All booked. Thanks to GAB.

The price dropped from over 300 odd to 260 in approx 1 hour. So booked it.
                                                                                  Less than 500 quid myself and Mia flights hotel 3 nights.

Nice surprise for her!
                                                                                  Dammit. Now wishing I had gone for this instead of Edinburgh at half-term.

FUSN. First world problems.

Comment

Corkscrew on Chatham St. Paul and the lads in there will sort you out and can run through loads of options/ price points. They always give really good advice rather than trying to sell top price point.

Comment

Corkscrew on Chatham St. Paul and the lads in there will sort you out and can run through loads of options/ price points. They always give really good advice rather than trying to sell top price point.
                                                                                      I notice Sheridans (was in there earlier getting the weekend's cheese supplies) have an interesting wine selection now. If one wanted to procure both simultaneously.

Comment

I notice Sheridans (was in there earlier getting the weekend's cheese supplies) have an interesting wine selection now. If one wanted to procure both simultaneously.
                                                                                        Haven't been there is a while, have defaulted to Fallon & byrne on the cheese front lately and then invariably pick up something else that I didn't need or didn't want but it tastes good.

Must pop in and have a look see!

Comment

Customer : Can we just not tell Customs what we're bringing it in for and not pay VAT & Duty or maybe declare it as less than it actually costs and pay less VAT & Duty than we are meant to?

Me : You could do that but it is completely illegal and if you want to go down that route, I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to represent you.

Customer : Who said anything about doing anything ileagal? I was not suggesting doing something illegal, it was more that...you know...I wasn't sure...I wasn't sure of the process...

Me :

Comment

Haven't been there is a while, have defaulted to Fallon & byrne on the cheese front lately and then invariably pick up something else that I didn't need or didn't want but it tastes good.

Must pop in and have a look see!
                                                                                            I like to give my cheese business to Sheridans, proper Irish company.

F&B have had some dodgy shit in their past.

Comment

Can't remember the details but was there not an empolyee (possibly part owner) who was fiddling the books that got them into trouble but thought the current couple who own it were clean and not part of it.

Or maybe, I have the whole thing arseways?

Comment

You misrepresent.
                                                                                                I don't think I am. You used the word citizen two or three times. It's an odd choice of word in any context related to the matter.
                                                                                                The logical word is resident. But obviously you can't use that. Part time resident?

Comment

I don't think I am. You used the word citizen two or three times. It's an odd choice of word in any context related to the matter.
                                                                                                  The logical word is resident. But obviously you can't use that. Part time resident?
                                                                                                  aaah, go easy on him, it's his first attempt at socialism (i'm assuming the kids are getting expensive), he was searching for a non-classist version of proletariat

Comment

Can't remember the details but was there not an empolyee (possibly part owner) who was fiddling the books that got them into trouble but thought the current couple who own it were clean and not part of it.

Or maybe, I have the whole thing arseways?
                                                                                                    Fiddling the books during boom and the owners kept their hands clean. He did say he likes it because it’s a proper irish business

Comment

There is no perfect word, citizen is fine as it gets the idea of what he meant across, it has more than one meaning and thus is also a synonym of resident, inhabitant etc.

Comment

aaah, go easy on him, it's his first attempt at socialism (i'm assuming the kids are getting expensive), he was searching for a non-classist version of proletariat
                                                                                                        We are all citizens comrade.

Comment

Grassley is such a weasal
                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Comment

Stayed in Hotel Pod Wawelem. Very happy, good location near a few different areas including the main square. Rooftop bar too looking out over the river. Make sure to wander around Kazimierz are for food and drink at some stage. Old Jewish Quarter, very cool. Also shop around for currency exchange if doing any there, every ATM has very different rates!

Says 160 for your 3 nights here: https://www.ebookers.ie/Hotel-Search...ected=1531164&

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                                                                                Stayed in Hotel Pod Wawelem. Very happy, good location near a few different areas including the main square. Rooftop bar too looking out over the river. Make sure to wander around Kazimierz are for food and drink at some stage. Old Jewish Quarter, very cool. Also shop around for currency exchange if doing any there, every ATM has very different rates!

Says 160 for your 3 nights here: https://www.ebookers.ie/Hotel-Search...ected=1531164&
                                                                                                                Thanks for that. Have it all booked though already. Forgot its not euro so must exchange a few bob in the credit union before I go
                                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                  Shoulda bought more puts
                                                                                                                  ...Just the 13% down today, they are being absolutely slaughtered!!!...The film betting on zero comes to mind...

Comment

Probably not healthy to have your entire dinner consist of cheese and wine.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                                      ...Just the 13% down today, they are being absolutely slaughtered!!!...The film betting on zero comes to mind...
                                                                                                                      Hopefully it works out a bit better than that now! Although, Ackman isn't a million miles away from Musk. It's entirely mad, plenty of people seeing it as an opportunity to BTFD (actually probably telling that none use that phrase), bagholderquotes is worth a look on Twitter. Have never seen such irrationality outside of sport and politics. Humans are mad and entirely illequipped for reality.
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 28-09-18, 19:09.

Comment

Hotel recommendations for London anyone for family city break. Close to action. What is the best airport to fly into? Cheers

Comment

My sister worked in F&B on the cheese counter for a few years.

She’s the manager in Butlers Pantry in Raheny.

She is a real cheese snob.

Her name is Aimee, you should pop in and say hello.
                                                                                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X