Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
      How?
      I pay all my income tax dues, as a citizen of this republic. What I do with my cash thereafter is up to me.

JPM has chosen to relocate to Switzerland, precisely so he doesn't have to pay income taxes here. Yet he still masquerades as a citizen and, nauseatingly, drops his patronage on the peasants of this fair land, who tell him what a great lad he is. He's trying to have his cake and eat it.

Compare and contrast with someone fairly universally held up as a bollix - Mick O'Leary. He's paid nine figures worth of tax here down the years.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        I appreciate the point, but I think there are battles to be chosen and it's also very context dependent. Its a particular job that is most effective when people follow you than when you order them to do something. Being viewed as a prick isn't an advantage. Mainly because it makes you look anti-intellectual (in this environment) and that's the cardinal sin in a company of professors. Bear in mind that one of the main reasons I have this job is that I helped create the image that the previous guy was an unhinged lunatic. So I know how effective a story that is to spread.
        Might be time to deploy some soft power.

Comment

I just watched about half an hour of Trumps press conference.
          I'm really not politically inclined but it's amazing that he gets to talk like an ape time after time and gets away with it.
          How the fuck is this allowed to go on, it's absolutely bizarre?

Comment

Trump's extended open question press conferences are the best.

Comment

He's the GOAT

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                He's the GOAT
                He's an autist. Just like anyone who goes out of their way to love or hate him.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                  He's an autist. Just like anyone who goes out of their way to love or hate him.
                  Edgy
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Trump's extended open question press conferences are the best.
                    Possibly the highlight of the whole circus so far

"They weren't laughing at me they were laughing with me"

Any idea why your propaganda channel edit out the mocking you pathalogically insecure assclown?

I hope he believes it, the last time he became self aware enough to realise people were laughing at him he ran for president and stumbled into the job by accident, this time he will probably start a war.
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                      Possibly the highlight of the whole circus so far

"They weren't laughing at me they were laughing with me"

Any idea why your propaganda channel edit out the mocking you pathalogically insecure assclown?

I hope he believes it, the last time he became self aware enough to realise people were laughing at him he ran for president and stumbled into the job by accident, this time he will probably start a war.
                      I didn't see any of it, but I must get around to watching it. I think with those pressers you really can't take single lines out, or even clips, has to be seen in context.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                        Good thread on boards

tl;dr
                        SPOILER
                        Guy buys a watch at a car boot sale. Ends up at the bottom of a junk box for years after. Finds it again. Rolex worth around 20-30k

Opr
                        I noticed a guy wearing a fake Rolex in a work context, either he's doing it because he thinks other people are mugs, or he's no issue being a bit of a fraud. Thought it was a curious choice. Or maybe he just bought it on holidays somewhere for cheap and didn't put any thought in it, but none of those reasons are positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                          As for flying I like to be in an airport 3-4 hours before a flight. I'm mostly just waiting around to go to the airport when I'm flying, so I might as well be there and in a comfortable perch reading or whatever.
                          Meh, leave it late and just flag the plane down if you miss it.

Comment

I didn't see any of it, but I must get around to watching it. I think with those pressers you really can't take single lines out, or even clips, has to be seen in context.
                            President Trump is holding a rare open-ended press conference in New York after the United Nations General Assembly. This comes as his Supreme Court nominee,...

there ya go.
                            It's fucking bizarre.
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

there ya go.
                              It's fucking bizarre.
                              Do you think your fake news from earlier in the week will come to pass today?

Rosenstein gone.
                              nah it's everywhere...was a resign pending firing...looks like he's not going quietly
                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I noticed a guy wearing a fake Rolex in a work context, either he's doing it because he thinks other people are mugs, or he's no issue being a bit of a fraud. Thought it was a curious choice. Or maybe he just bought it on holidays somewhere for cheap and didn't put any thought in it, but none of those reasons are positive.
                                I'm guessing he doesn't care as you can get a pretty indistinguishable rolex fake for like $300 that would fool 99.9% of people, depending on which model you want a fake of. Rep market for products is huge these days, I got some fake shoes for $30 as I didn't want to spend $1000 on a real pair, everybody admiring them.

Comment

I see Ryanair have removed the free 10KG "carry on" bag from all flights from Nov 1st onwards, will have to pay to put them in the hold or pay for priority. If you just turn up with a bag it's a €25 fee each way.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                    I see Ryanair have removed the free 10KG "carry on" bag from all flights from Nov 1st onwards, will have to pay to put them in the hold or pay for priority. If you just turn up with a bag it's a €25 fee each way.
                                    I think European competition authority(could just be Italian) is taking them to task on the issue, something about a carry on would be considered standard travel accoutrements, its akin to them charging you extra for your €30 shoes.
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                      https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2018...ublin-airport/
                                      Seems like a lad you'd like to have a few G&Ts with tbf...

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                        I think European competition authority(could just be Italian) is taking them to task on the issue, something about a carry on would be considered standard travel accoutrements, its akin to them charging you extra for your €30 shoes.
                                        They'll probably try and counter with their new increased size free small bag being enough. Not that anybody actually has a bag that size or you can fot anything in there. Thus have the audacity to try and say they will make less money doing it.

Pricing up some flights now and aer lingus are only 10/15 more so they are the better bet
                                        Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 27-09-18, 12:04.

Comment

Good work by the lads who exposed the poor, confused Russian 'tourists' in Salisbury as senior GRU operatives.

Comment

Moving back to Ireland next week after 4 amazing years aboard. Mixed feelings to be honest.

Best way to ship my aussie money to ireland? Just do bank to bank or is transfer wise better? Heard of it but never used it... or are there better options?
                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Have been using TransferWise for 5 years odd now for ROI/UK/Europe transfers and it has added up to a huge chunk of savings vs Bank with no hassle much at all. A few times bank security stopped the money being sent to transferwise and had to call to authorise, no problems on the Platform itself. I am sure you could setup dummy transfers from foreign bank to see if the difference is worth your while or not
                                              Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                              https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2018...ublin-airport/
                                                Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                Seems like a lad you'd like to have a few G&Ts with tbf...

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...444.html?sdfds
                                                He was probably returning a briefcase left behind by a lady he fell in love with

Or maybe trying to win back the love of his son and estranged wife who were off to a new life with the Dread Pirate Roberts

Jim Carrey is a menace in airports

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                  Good work by the lads who exposed the poor, confused Russian 'tourists' in Salisbury as senior GRU operatives.
                                                  GRU agents can be friends and go on holidays to look at marshy cathedrals.

Comment

Some uncomfortable viewing here
                                                    I'll be honest, I was finding the accusations against Kavanaugh hard to believe, but this woman seems like the real deal.

Comment

All my Russian friends were sure that they were GRU after watching their RT interview but qualified with the caveat that they were pretty good actors too

Also it is a non story inside Russia, this is a story that is for international consumption

Comment

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-us-canada-45668820

Some uncomfortable viewing here
                                                        I'll be honest, I was finding the accusations against Kavanaugh hard to believe, but this woman seems like the real deal.
                                                        I can completely understand how anyone would have difficulty reporting at the time or since but would want to now with the prospect of him being a SC Judge

I was underneath one of them, they were laughing... two friends having a good time with each other
                                                        very telling line

IMO its as good as 0% chance she is lying, the only question is should it matter now and that is a difficult question.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                          GRU agents can be friends and go on holidays to look at marshy cathedrals.
                                                          And any Novichok poisonings in the vicinity at that time are....purely coincidental....

Comment

In the context of he is at best a fucktarded spoilt child with a degenerative mental disease!?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                              In the context of he is at best a fucktarded spoilt child with a degenerative mental disease!?
                                                              This is why he so rarely does press. He gets exposed.

Comment

Have to say im glad i never had to, or will ever have to run for high office...

Comment

You'd love for Kavanagh to man the fuck up and say, hey I was a dumbass kid and so drunk on that and many other nights that I could have done anything, and follow up with a decent apology.

Comment

You'd love for Kavanagh to man the fuck up and say, hey I was a dumbass kid and so drunk on that and many other nights that I could have done anything, and follow up with a decent apology.
                                                                    If the gang raping stuff is true, an apology isn't really going to fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                      Have to say im glad i never had to, or will ever have to run for high office...
                                                                      Yeah. Sure P&F accused you of all sorts already lol

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                        If the gang raping stuff is true, an apology isn't really going to fly.
                                                                        Jaysis.

I had assumed it was hormonal drunk teenager stuff. Cliffs please as haven't seen the very fake lying news media today.

Comment

Jaysis.

I had assumed it was hormonal drunk teenager stuff. Cliffs please as haven't seen the very fake lying news media today.
                                                                          OK, that was from a third accuser Julie Swetnick, not the woman who was being questioned today. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...chael-avenatti

Swetnick, 55, said she was at parties where Kavanaugh and his friend Judge were involved in situations that resulted in women being gang-raped.

She wrote: “I witnessed efforts by Mark Judge, Brett Kavanaugh and others to cause girls to become inebriated and disoriented so they could then be ‘gang-raped’ in a side room or bedroom by a ‘train’ of numerous boys…”

“In approximately 1982, I became the victim of one of these ‘gang’ or ‘train’ rapes where Mark Judge and Brett Kavanaugh were present.”

Comment

Sam Harris' newest podcast has Yuval Noah Harari on it, and a Q&A with an audience, probably would be of interest to some here.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

In this episode of the Waking Up podcast, Sam Harris speaks with Yuval Noah Harari about his new book 21 Lessons for the 21st Century. They discuss the importance of meditation for his intellectual life, the primacy of stories, the need to revise our fundamental assumptions about human civilization, the threats to liberal democracy, a world without work, universal basic income, the virtues of nationalism, the implications of AI and automation, and other topics.

Yuval Noah Harari has a PhD in History from the University of Oxford and lectures at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, specializing in world history. His books have been translated into 50+ languages, with 12+ million copies sold worldwide. Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind looked deep into our past, Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow considered far-future scenarios, and 21 Lessons for the 21st Century focuses on the biggest questions of the present moment.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Such a silly move, as its just making it a real extra cost of booking flights and you also feel you are being conned out of the money. I'd imagine a lot of people will feel more comfortable paying a bit extra for another airline as it seems a slimy way of extracting cash. We'll see of course, but think they'd have been better off just hiking flight cost by 10% if thats their motivation.
                                                                                    It feels more to me like they are really trying to get people to stop bringing bags rather than trying to get people to give them money for bags. Maybe the time, hassle, fuel savings are the main factor.

Comment

Wow. Surely no point in putting Kavanaugh in front of the hearing after that. He's done.

Imagine going on with this and trying to force Republicans to vote to confirm him. They'd be crushed in November (and may well be anyway).

Delicious.

Comment

...

Comment

Wow. Surely no point in putting Kavanaugh in front of the hearing after that. He's done.

Imagine going on with this and trying to force Republicans to vote to confirm him. They'd be crushed in November (and may well be anyway).

Delicious.
                                                                                          His defence is to shout loudly that her friend not remembering him is proof of his innocence.

Everything else is a political conspiracy by the left... Well, Duh!

Pathetic creep.

Comment

Delicious.
                                                                                            He's sounding like a right tool. No wonder the Donald likes him.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                              He's sounding like a right tool. No wonder the Donald likes him.
                                                                                              This is going to sound very cruel - but at this point the facts don't matter.

Politically, he's a lost cause.

Comment

He's whinging about reaping the whirlwind....

Here is the memo he wrote to Starr before Clinton was questioned

SPOILER
                                                                                                Memorandum Office of the Independent Counsel
                                                                                                To Judge Starr Date 8/15/98
                                                                                                All Attorneys
                                                                                                From. Brett M. Kavanaugli-BK
                                                                                                Subject Slack for the President?
                                                                                                After reflecting this evening, I am strongly opposed to giving the President any "break" in
                                                                                                the questioning regarding the details of the Lewinsky relationship -— unless before his questioning
                                                                                                on Monday, he either (i) resigns or (ii) confesses perjury and issues a public apology to you, I
                                                                                                have tried hard to bend over backwards and to be fair to him and to think of all reasonable
                                                                                                defenses to his pattern of behavior. In the end, I am convinced that there really are none. The
                                                                                                idea of going easy on him at the questioning is thus abhorrent to me.
                                                                                                What has especially convinced me of the appropriateness of obtaining his "full and
                                                                                                complete“ testimony regarding the precise details of the relationship are the sheer number of his
                                                                                                wrongful acts. The President has disgraced his Office, the legal system, and the American people
                                                                                                by having sex with a 22-year—old intern and turning her life into a shambles —- callous and
                                                                                                disgusting behavior that has somehow gotten lost in the shuffle. He has committed perjury (at
                                                                                                least) in the Jones case. He has turned the Secret Service upside down. He has required the
                                                                                                urgent attention of the courts and the Supreme Court for frivolous privilege claims —— all to cover
                                                                                                up his oral sex from an intern. He has lied to his aides. He has lied to the American people. He
                                                                                                has tried to disgrace you and this Office with a sustained propaganda campaign that would make
                                                                                                Nixon blush.
                                                                                                He should be forced to account for all of that and to defend his actions. It may not be
                                                                                                ourjob to impose sanctions on him, but it is o_urjob to make his pattern of revolting behavior
                                                                                                clear --piece by painful piece -— on Monday. I am mindful of the need for respect for the Oflice
                                                                                                of the President. But in my view, given what we know, the interests of the Ofiice of the President
                                                                                                ,'
                                                                                                would be best served by our gathering the full facts regarding the actions of this President so that
                                                                                                the Congress can decide whether the interests ofthe Presidency would be best served by having a
                                                                                                new President. More to the point: Aren't we failing to fulfill our duty to the American people if
                                                                                                we willingly "conspire" with the President in an effort to conceal the true nature of his acts?
                                                                                                ***
                                                                                                In light of all ofthat, I suggest at least some questions along the following lines (I leave
                                                                                                the best phrasing to others).
                                                                                                Did you tell Monica Lewinsky that she should deny the nature of the relationship that you
                                                                                                and she had?
                                                                                                If Monica Lewinsky says that you agreed to lie about your relationship with her, would
                                                                                                she be lying?
                                                                                                Would Monica Lewinsky be lying if she said that you told her after her name appeared on
                                                                                                the witness list: "You could always say you were coming to see Betty or that you were bringing
                                                                                                me letters"?
                                                                                                IfMonica Lewinsky says that you inserted a cigar into her vagina while you were in the
                                                                                                Oval Ofiice area, would she be lying?
                                                                                                IfMonica Lewinsky says that you had phone sex with her on approximately 15 occasions,
                                                                                                would she be lying?
                                                                                                IfMonica Lewinsky says that on several occasions in the Oval Office area, you used your
                                                                                                fingers to stimulate her vagina and bring her to orgasm, would she be lying?
                                                                                                IfMonica Lewinsky says that she gave you oral sex on nine occasions in the Oval Office
                                                                                                area, would she be lying?
                                                                                                IfMonica Lewinsky says that you ejaculated into her mouth on two occasions in the Oval
                                                                                                Office area, would she be lying?
                                                                                                IfMonica Lewinsky says that on several occasions you had her give her oral sex, made her
                                                                                                stop, and then ejaculated into the sink in the bathroom ofi”the Oval Office, would she be lying?
                                                                                                IfMonica Lewinsky says that you masturbated into a trashcan in your secretary's office,
                                                                                                would she by lying?

Comment

The best possible outcome for the Dems is that the GOP ram through his confirmation and the entire November contest turns into a sleazefest centred on Kavanaugh.

"How can you stand here today looking for the votes of women from the great state of X when you voted to confirm Judge Kavanaugh?"

etc

Comment

And he's turned on the waterworks again.

Comment

Aren't planes built to carry 180 carryon bags though. No other airline seems to have the problem. It was only when they introduced the second smaller bag that they ran into problems. Meh, i don't know. Normally think all their ideas make sense, but this one seems to not make sense. E.g. I don't think you can even carry on a normal rucksack now.
                                                                                                      They'll have to roll back on this shortly, affecting it's share price. Concerted effort over the last 12 months to deflate share price so it's cheaper to complete it's buy back scheme before next year's shambles

Comment

Oh man. This is unbelievable. All an act. Its pretty uncomfortable.

He refers to the calendars he has submitted to the committee, which he claims document the summer on 1982 when the alleged assault took place. Kavanaugh begins to break down again as he describes his reasoning for keeping a calendar, which he says is to copy the practice of his father.

“Mine are not as good as my dad’s,” he says, holding back tears, then pausing for a moment to collect his breath.
                                                                                                        He now states that the calendar entries suggest he was out of town for most weekends in the summer of 1982, and suggests that Dr Ford has alleged that the party she was assaulted at took place during a weekend. Ford has not specified a day when the assault took place.
                                                                                                        He acknowledges that the calendars are not complete as they do not show him attending church every Sunday.

“Going to church on Sundays was like brushing my teeth, automatic. It still is.”
                                                                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Quality, quality entertainment.

Comment

After a cluster fuck of a day in the most cluster fuck of weeks, I consoled myself all the way home with the thought that I was cracking open a really nice bottle of red and was going to savour every drop....

Sigh

SPOILER

Comment

This is rivetting, Ryder Cup will do well to be this compelling.

The arrogance and entitlement is pure Trump.
                                                                                                              Everything about this statement reeks of someone who has been caught but is certain that they can't get hard evidence against him.
                                                                                                              The emotion is real but it is pure self pity.

Comment

He picks the best, the greatest people.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                                  After a cluster fuck of a day in the most cluster fuck of weeks, I consoled myself all the way home with the thought that I was cracking open a really nice bottle of red and was going to savour every drop....

Sigh

SPOILER
                                                                                                                  How did it smell?

Probably a stupid thing to point out but...
                                                                                                                  Sometimes the wine is ok

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Sigh

SPOILER
                                                                                                                    It's a message from God.

Comment

Picking this lawyer to ask the questions for the GOP was an awful idea.

Comment

Now we're into 'she said, he said'.

Unwinnable politically.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                          Yeah. Sure P&F accused you of all sorts already lol
                                                                                                                          Lol yeah just goes to show.

Now ive not read up on Trumps latest buddys indiscretion but if some woman/man/pansexual/trisexual or whatever can claim to have seen u drunk in niteclub in the 80s pinchin someones ass id imagine we'd all be fooked tbf....

(for ref she accuzed me of stuff and ranted on till she realised it wasnt me)

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X