Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone landed this morning in parcel motel in Antrim, what's their normal transport times? Any hope of getting it this evening?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
      Phone landed this morning in parcel motel in Antrim, what's their normal transport times? Any hope of getting it this evening?
      Following morning almost invariably.

Comment

My book landed there yesterday and it was ready for me to collect at 02:45.
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

You do see some very odd houses when doing the auld hunting of same.

Like this place for example. All seems normal enough until you notice they turned the entire fucking back garden into a fish pond. WTF?!
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Booked a table at forest avenue on Sussex Street for.the upcoming anniversary. Anyone been?

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
              Booked a table at forest avenue on Sussex Street for.the upcoming anniversary. Anyone been?
              Yes. There was a mini-HHE event there a while back.

Sitting at a table right at the kitchen is good fun. Chefs quite happy to chat and explain things.

It was perhaps 8/10 overall. Not quite at Chapter One levels of expertise but some good things going on.

Comment

Good synchronisation of HHE posting there.

Think we met the SLA.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                  My men.

Roasted Lloyd's Jets last night as The #1 pick Mayfield came in and outplayed the #3 pick Darnold.

1st win in 2 years! Things looking up.
                  Should have hopped off the saints last week too, Saints didn’t turn up until the 4th quarter but browns collapsed.

Made it great entertainment for those of us in the stadium but as we were leaving a local lad turned to us and said ‘It’s not supposed to be like this against the Browns’

Got 3 tds out of 4 in our end and we were right behind the Hail Mary pass from Taylor and gonzalezes missed kick to tie the game so can’t complain too much about the action.
                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Was just there last week, cool building, can watch the kitchen although my dining companion stole the seat with the view, several really excellent courses on the tasting menu (although slightly odd situation with the cutlery), staff great.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Like this place for example. All seems normal enough until you notice they turned the entire fucking back garden into a fish pond. WTF?!
                      I actually like that. Much better than the optical illusions they have going on indoors.

Frank Slaugherty the stock trader at work. If you haven't seen this movie yet see it.

Comment

@Denny, what was the situation with cutlery? It's not One of these places That Make you re-use your knife and Fork,. Is it?

Comment

725? Dublin is crazy. Think I'm just gonna have to self-build in da country, and have my holidays at the fleadh.

Comment

@Denny, what was the situation with cutlery? It's not One of these places That Make you re-use your knife and Fork,. Is it?
                            Nah, they brought out a chef's roll, think they made a mistake which kinda added to the confusion.

Comment

"no deal better than bad deal" good luck

One of those movie scenes which makes you shout "NO! YOU STUPID BUGGER!" when you watch it for the first time, this scene from 'The Great Escape' sees PoW ca...

Comment

725? Dublin is crazy. Think I'm just gonna have to self-build in da country, and have my holidays at the fleadh.
                                Throw another 100-200k on top for the renovations. It’s hitting close to the million territory before you know it.

Talking to a client yesterday who recently bought a quite lovely townhouse in Dalkey for 990k. Top spec and A rated unlike what RD linked to. Then I realise it’s a terraced house with 2 bedrooms at the end of the day. Crazy times all over again...
                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                  Should have hopped off the saints last week too, Saints didn’t turn up until the 4th quarter but browns collapsed.

Made it great entertainment for those of us in the stadium but as we were leaving a local lad turned to us and said ‘It’s not supposed to be like this against the Browns’

Got 3 tds out of 4 in our end and we were right behind the Hail Mary pass from Taylor and gonzalezes missed kick to tie the game so can’t complain too much about the action.
                                  Nice. What's the MB Dome like? Always thought of it as a shit hole but maybe Hurricane Katrina events influenced.

Not the best game to be at for action but there was some great drama at the end.

Comment

Comment

Is that house much bigger than what you currently have? I think this house hunting thing is going to be pretty painful...
                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

We sat on the table beside the open kitchen. Food and Service was great (bar the dessert)
                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

things starting to finally move on operation BirdCage
                                          Looks like we'll have a start pack of a around €250k from FIL house
                                          I'm currently limiting budget to €425k all in but fear MrsDP might make an addendum or two.
                                          i do kinda like this though
                                          Find End Of Terrace Houses for Sale in Palmerstown, Dublin. Search 2 End Of Terrace Houses for sale on Daft.ie now.
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                            Is that house much bigger than what you currently have? I think this house hunting thing is going to be pretty painful...
                                            Tell me about it.

Although if we buy that one, you can come over for a HHE fishing party.

Comment

Throw another 100-200k on top for the renovations. It’s hitting close to the million territory before you know it.

Talking to a client yesterday who recently bought a quite lovely townhouse in Dalkey for 990k. Top spec and A rated unlike what RD linked to. Then I realise it’s a terraced house with 2 bedrooms at the end of the day. Crazy times all over again...
                                              As the cliche has it, it's all about location*3.

We could take our equity and buy this.

Followed up with several racehorses, a couple of new cars, multiple holidays and topping up the kids college funds.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                I'm currently limiting budget to €425k all in but fear MrsDP might make an addendum or two.
                                                https://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-fo...ublin-1679658/
                                                How can you tell, it's pictures of grass and the outside of a house :P

Comment

I died a little looking at that house in Laois.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                    I died a little looking at that house in Laois.
                                                    I hadn't actually looked inside. Just went, 'ah there's a stupidly large house that's ridiculously cheap by Dublin standards'.

Looks like you would have to spend a fortune to get it habitable. Probably have to get it exorcised too.

Comment

Followed up with several racehorses, a couple of new cars, multiple holidays and topping up the kids college funds.
                                                      Is that where they shot the shining
                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

^^^ The pool of blood never left.

Comment

Slightly suspicious of the fact there are no interior photos. I smell eviction.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                            How can you tell, it's pictures of grass and the outside of a house :P
                                                            I have a weird aversion to housing estates or cookie cutter builds.
                                                            I know saying that I'm BBV'ing myself to live in one but a man can dream.
                                                            I like this too but it's a little out of the way for my liking
                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

It's been a while since I was there but it's a solid option. Very good food and service, don't think you'll come away disappointed.

Comment

buy it, do not change a thing.
                                                                Purchase olive trousers and mustard jacket and vice versa.
                                                                Wear them constantly.

Comment

Slightly suspicious of the fact there are no interior photos. I smell eviction.
                                                                  might get a few quid off so.
                                                                  I imagine it hasn't been renovated since the 60's and smells of a million old sunday dinners

Comment

I have a weird aversion to housing estates or cookie cutter builds.
                                                                    I know saying that I'm BBV'ing myself to live in one but a man can dream.
                                                                    I like this too but it's a little out of the way for my liking
                                                                    The other thing to bear in mind (imo) is that Dublin's congestion problems will only get worse before they get better. If indeed they do ever get better.

With that in mind, I'd rather be closer in to the city with more transport options. Schools\college accessibility also something to think about.

Comment

...Just heard Teresa Mays latest speech...She's really planted her 2 feet down, and doesn't seem to be budging on it...Kinda laid down an ultimatum to the EU, and not sure who will or can blink first...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                        ...Just heard Teresa Mays latest speech...She's really planted her 2 feet down, and doesn't seem to be budging on it...Kinda laid down an ultimatum to the EU, and not sure who will or can blink first...
                                                                        Even if the EU caved and agreed to everything she wants, which it obviously won't, she wouldn't get her own party to agree to it anyhow.

Comment

I generally get the text and email about it being ready for collection about 9pm the day of notification of it being in nordie land.

Comment

She has an impossible job. Literally cannot make any good come of the situation so her job should be to cut the least worst deal - except her own party won't let her do that.

Comment

What size is that yard to rear, serious potential with that for that price, you dont need to look inside to realize it needs renovation as the BER is E2!

A man who needed to work from home could have a sweet office out the back and then into office in the city for a day or 2 a week.

Comment

I can’t see her surviving much longer. The EU has been clear all along and certainly since December. She’s wasted the last 9 months by not preparing the groundwork for a cave in so now she’s being “defiant” to try and survive her next party conference. I think there’ll be a heave shortly as she’s completely boxed herself in. Otherwise it’s an election and the conservatives certainly don’t want that right now.

She’s basically hung her hat on saying Chequers is the best option she has to pass something through parliament and thought that the EU would say well that’s acceptable so. Instead the EU said we don’t give a fuck and the UKs pain will be more severe than the aggregate pain across the EU.

In reality the EU had said all along its EEA membership or a Northern Ireland carve out and the rest fuck off or else no deal and good luck. A certain section of the Tory party just haven’t been listening.

Comment

looks like the people behind fair city have made a tv show about the bailout

Comment

This is a reasonably good (long) timeline summary of Russian interference.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

It's already happened, just the markets catching up

I transfer €50 to Stuntman in March 16, cost £41.65, that same €50 cost me £45.45 in March 17

Comment

I can’t see her surviving much longer. The EU has been clear all along and certainly since December. She’s wasted the last 9 months by not preparing the groundwork for a cave in so now she’s being “defiant” to try and survive her next party conference. I think there’ll be a heave shortly as she’s completely boxed herself in. Otherwise it’s an election and the conservatives certainly don’t want that right now.

She’s basically hung her hat on saying Chequers is the best option she has to pass something through parliament and thought that the EU would say well that’s acceptable so. Instead the EU said we don’t give a fuck and the UKs pain will be more severe than the aggregate pain across the EU.

In reality the EU had said all along its EEA membership or a Northern Ireland carve out and the rest fuck off or else no deal and good luck. A certain section of the Tory party just haven’t been listening.
                                                                                        The shortlist of who gets the reins after May get's no-confidenced ( ) is pretty terrifying

Comment

The shortlist of who gets the reins after May get's no-confidenced ( ) is pretty terrifying
                                                                                          It'd be like being appointed chief of the German armed forces upon the death of Hitler.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                            It's already happened, just the markets catching up

I transfer €50 to Stuntman in March 16, cost £41.65, that same €50 cost me £45.45 in March 17
                                                                                            Your annual subscription to my tipping line is overdue.

Comment

It'd be like being appointed chief of the German armed forces upon the death of Hitler.

Admiral Doenitz is named as successor to lead Germany following the death of Hitler. From That Mitchell and Webb Look.

Comment

...
                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Your annual subscription to my tipping line is overdue.
                                                                                                  Your keep your money in England tip didn't go so well judging by my previous post

Comment

Looking at dem house prices, looking at the GBPEUR rate, looking at my savings account (£).
                                                                                                    Maybe I shouldn't have bought them avocados.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Human nature though innit, few will appreciate or truly notice the benefit, but the few with a slightly diminished service will be vocal and be the roadblock. Yeah it's better for most people but what about my 41 Joe.

Comment

The same as the reaction to every change to everything everywhere in the world ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                              Might help explain why health service is one of the most expensive in world and delivers one of least value for money. Wonder how many billions are being lost there for simple lack of common sense.
                                                                                                              We have a €2.5m piece of equipment sitting gathering dust since July because Ireland.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

That was the pic you posted back then? Jaysus.
                                                                                                                    Yeah forgot I posted it. Consultants, procurement, tenders, safety audits and still nothing actually done.

Comment

This is one of the rare times your wrong. Generally people allow experts to do their jobs and don't assume they have equal expertise.
                                                                                                                      video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

...
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 21-09-18, 19:44.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X