Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    Tesla Chief Accounting Officer gone after a month on the job. I shoulda got more puts

Down nearly 10% today
    Sold my holdings and now buying Cryptomusk. To the moon baby

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
      I know one guy who had been going on about how he was going to be getting into the Ivy when it opened because he knows someone who can get him on the list.

He is exactly the clientele they are looking for; early 30's, well dressed, Southside blueblood, earning good money, always has at least one high maintenance girl on the go but usually a few more and doesn't have a penny in savings. Basically an unmarried Ross O'Carroll Kelly and proud of it.

He thinks it may have been his worst waste of money ever and he is not very good with money.
      I'm a Northsider living on the Southside

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
      Jesus. That's rough. Actually hard to look at the menu too.

The description of the guy above is exactly who they are looking for. Paired with cunts who watch Made in Chelsea.

I've heard it bandied about as a possible destination for a couple of things. I'll be avoiding.
      And Mrs Lao Lao (much to my digust and utter contempt) watches Made in Chelsea

AND

We were recently given a fairly decent amount of a Gift Voucher for The Ivy

On the plus side, Mrs Lao Lao does not take shit food and bad service lightly so when we eventually get around to using it, I may suggest we spend it all on alcohol. Either that or it will be entertaining watching her chastise the poor fookers who are on that night

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Their HR woman was called Chief People Officer.

Comment

Interesting few days on the work front.

Company now offering paid OT and bonus payments for delivery on projects. Project teams will get a large % of each projects bonus figure to divy amongst themselves. AND will be paid OT to deliver. Pretty lucrative albeit 12 hour days to make the dinero. Inherent risk with working for a services firm is the job security although this seems to not be an issue right now.

On the other hand, my old work came back to me asking me to "come home". Offered me 15% less cash than I'm currently on but total comp including bonus and stock/share purchase matching would be 15% more. Job security here is fine.

Any advice on other things to consider here? Whats the right line?
            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              While the market was clearly disturbed, I've never actually heard of a company having a Chief Accounting Officer, so it can't be that important a position. Is that the new upgrade title being offered to Bob from Accounts to make him feel like a team member?
              Chief X Officer where X is something valued by millennial workers and later generations becoming more popular.

Whats your thoughts on this? https://hu-manity.co/
              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                Interesting few days on the work front.

Company now offering paid OT and bonus payments for delivery on projects. Project teams will get a large % of each projects bonus figure to divy amongst themselves. AND will be paid OT to deliver. Pretty lucrative albeit 12 hour days to make the dinero. Inherent risk with working for a services firm is the job security although this seems to not be an issue right now.

On the other hand, my old work came back to me asking me to "come home". Offered me 15% less cash than I'm currently on but total comp including bonus and stock/share purchase matching would be 15% more. Job security here is fine.

Any advice on other things to consider here? Whats the right line?
                Where do you want to be? You clearly left the old job for a reason - was it just more money?

On the other hand 12 hour days are fine for a while but it’s a poor long term plan. Just hire more people and have happy staff.
                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Comment

Comment

Will have a look at that, cheers. I am working on the exact same Squarespace template at the moment, so that was the main thing that caught my eye
                      I think the idea could be massive. Its very topical now in the states and if it gets regulated or put into law... these guys will be the first out the traps.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 07-09-18, 21:43. Reason: Updated for readability...

Comment

I wonder if anyone interested enough would give me their feedback on this? Its a justification for why we are setting up the AI centre that will appear on the website - so its the justification for the whole centre existing.

I've written it in about 30 minutes, so will feel no pain at complete annihilation of my ideas.

My main reason for hoping for a bit of feedback is I'm not sure about the whole tone. Tried to keep it readable, but maybe as a result it reads too simple? Maybe it misses the point.

Will be running it past some fellow profs, but somewhat distrust their ability to guage a good piece of writing
                          Don't forget to include the Elon Musk joint smoking gif at the end.

Comment

RIP Mac Miller.
                            Shame his new album was pretty good. Featured recently in music king
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                              RIP Mac Miller.
                              Shame his new album was pretty good. Featured recently in music king
                              Another few months and he would have been in The 27 Club.

Comment

I wonder if anyone interested enough would give me their feedback on this? Its a justification for why we are setting up the AI centre that will appear on the website - so its the justification for the whole centre existing.

I've written it in about 30 minutes, so will feel no pain at complete annihilation of my ideas.

My main reason for hoping for a bit of feedback is I'm not sure about the whole tone. Tried to keep it readable, but maybe as a result it reads too simple? Maybe it misses the point.

Will be running it past some fellow profs, but somewhat distrust their ability to guage a good piece of writing
                                Seems way too long. How about 1 line or maybe 2? Anyone can write a long piece can you sell me in one line? This is going on the web not in a novel...
                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Would be next level cool if you got a robot to write it for you while you were at the dole office.
                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 07-09-18, 22:45.

Comment

Castle fucking Rock
                                      Wow.
                                      Me head is still spinning !

Wow is right.
                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

That Obama speech seems very much like coming from a man who could be persuaded, for the good of country, to run in 2020.

That would be quite beautiful.
                                          Pretty sure he can't. Pesky constitution innit.
                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Tesla thread on boards is a bit mad. The guys taking the statement of the guy resigning after a month at face value, and giving out that the poor company is being smeared because a guy didn't like his job. Human nature never ceases to amaze me.

Comment

Who are you pitching to would be my first question? I know it’s for a website but your putting it up to encourage a group to take some action.

If it’s a business case and you will want to monitise the research than some figures for how big the industry is, how many other uni’s have spun out startups and what companies are currently sponsoring campuses and to what levels.

If it’s to justify the courses that will be taught then perhaps a look at how many open jobs in AI, machine learning and deep learning are available. There is a lot written about employment trends on this, we did a tech survey that covers briefly in conjunction with Trinity. If you remind me Monday I will send it on to you.

If it’s an intro to AI than I think it’s a bit wordy to be honest and a bit light on actual insight.

I also think you not supposed to say it used by hr to find the best employees. Everyone is treated like the unique little snowflake they are and valued for what makes them different rather than boxed off into quantifiable traits to be auto sorted. You will definitely have some weirdo complain.

Maybe go with something that’s a little bit more prominent in industry like the unsexy network analytics or the slightly more sexy but perhaps more easy to understand high frequency trading.

I like figures and tangibles so I would load a few in but perhaps I’m not exactly the target group.

Comment

It might be! Its a separate optional page on the website, not the main page (its under 'Why AI-driven Business?' on the website menu below). Was thinking some sort of essay was appropriate there for those looking for a bit of deeper background information on why this type of area matters. The main page does have just a few lines.

Would that change your thoughts, or you'd still be of the same opinion?

Main page text is just this (with name of school removed):

I'm a little bit concerned that I might have switched a bit too much towards a hustler sales pitch in my attempt to avoid the dryness of academia. Plus yep, I write too many words!
                                                  Right so if that’s your current concern than my much more pitch focused changes might not be what your looking for

Comment

Have a fine view over The Ivy from where I am currently sitting.

Wankerology confirmed!
                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

That Obama speech seems very much like coming from a man who could be persuaded, for the good of country, to run in 2020.

Ironically, if he could run, he'd probably have the majorities he was denied last time.

Although most of his energy and political capital would have to be expended on rolling back the Trump rollbacks.

Comment

So is the Chief dead or alive ?

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                          Pretty sure he can't. Pesky constitution innit.
                                                          Michelle could.
                                                          This speech appears to be synchronised with the 'Kitchen Cabinet' op-ed which now appears to be a collective effort trying to reassure the outside world that there are some adults still in the building. I'm reading that they are doing it now as a sign that they are pessimistic about the forthcoming elections.
                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                            Michelle could.
                                                            This speech appears to be synchronised with the 'Kitchen Cabinet' op-ed which now appears to be a collective effort trying to reassure the outside world that there are some adults still in the building. I'm reading that they are doing it now as a sign that they are pessimistic about the forthcoming elections.
                                                            She sold her ass to the processed food companies when she had them up against the wall

She would probably be no use either!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Booked a Virtual Room experience for next Saturday on back of rave personal recommendations. Highly highly excited. See there's loads of them in Dublin - anyone tried them?
                                                                  Did one in Toronto a while back. Quite a unique experience but was very short for the cost. A lot of scope for improvement but fun all the same.
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Just found out the Limerick team were singing Sean South in the changing room after winning the hurling, this has been broadly seen as a good thing in the Irish media

Attack happened in 1957

What am I missing?

The team also sang Zombie

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                      Have a fine view over The Ivy from where I am currently sitting.

Wankerology confirmed!
                                                                      Mirrored walls then?
                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Saw American Animals on a whim last night, very enjoyable two hours.
                                                                          The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                            Just found out the Limerick team were singing Sean South in the changing room after winning the hurling, this has been broadly seen as a good thing in the Irish media

Attack happened in 1957

What am I missing?

The team also sang Zombie
                                                                            He was a Limerick man.

Zombie is a song by a Limerick band.

Standard enough to sing songs about/by people from your county I'd have thought?

Comment

Jimmys Hall was excellent and Pho Viet was decent too, massive portions would definitely go again.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                He was a Limerick man.

Zombie is a song by a Limerick band.

Standard enough to sing songs about/by people from your county I'd have thought?
                                                                                Seriously?

Comment

Booked a Virtual Room experience for next Saturday on back of rave personal recommendations. Highly highly excited. See there's loads of them in Dublin - anyone tried them?
                                                                                  This sounds even more wankery than Raouls Ivy, dont like food presented like confectionery. (unless Ivy has mirrored walls).
                                                                                  As for Jimmys Hall, dont like the sound of all this singing,dancing and general disobedience.

Comment

Seriously?
                                                                                    Are you gonna come out and say why it's such a bad thing that matters so much or keep talking in riddles?

Comment

Are you gonna come out and say why it's such a bad thing that matters so much or keep talking in riddles?
                                                                                      There is no riddle in my first post!

Sean South, 1957 attack across the border, sang in the home of a 32 county sport, by a team that are supposed to be from a (partially state sponsored) all inclusive sport

Zombie... Anti IRA(and the rest) song

What riddle?

Comment

Was looking into a floating tank session, doesn't seem to do much for mental agility judging by the details on their website

One Hour Floating Session €60
                                                                                        3 x One Hour Floating Session €120
                                                                                        5 x One Hour Floating Session €250

Comment

There is no riddle in my first post!

Sean South, 1957 attack across the border, sang in the home of a 32 county sport, by a team that are supposed to be from a (partially state sponsored) all inclusive sport

Zombie... Anti IRA(and the rest) song

What riddle?
                                                                                          Dya feel better now getting that off your chest? Happy to help.

Limerick team sing songs about Limerick people. Shocking Joe

Comment

Dya feel better now getting that off your chest? Happy to help.

Limerick team sing songs about Limerick people. Shocking Joe

SPOILER
                                                                                            You're killing me 5Star

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                              You're killing me 5Star
                                                                                              Tbh I don't see why it matters so much

Comment

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

To quote a local serial killer:

"That sounds like a U problem"

Comment

To quote a local serial killer:

"That sounds like a U problem"
                                                                                                    Lol, nah. I don't care what they were singing. Let them off and enjoy themselves. Can't see how it's bothering you at all

Comment

It's a jaunty tune in fairness.

Comment

Not seeing an issue either, probably sang the anthem before the game too.

Comment

This nations league will cause hilarious confusion among players when it gets down to the playoff stages. We can lose every match in the next two years and still almost certainty end up in a league A playoff spot despite being in League B and relegated to league C for the next tournament.
                                                                                                          Last edited by The Situation; 08-09-18, 18:34.
                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

A google image search for 'bad taxidermy' is an amusing way to pass a bit of time.

Comment

Mirrored walls then?
                                                                                                              Why you little....

More of a commentary on the kind of twats who dress up to the nines for brunch. We're back!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                Was looking into a floating tank session, doesn't seem to do much for mental agility judging by the details on their website

One Hour Floating Session €60
                                                                                                                3 x One Hour Floating Session €120
                                                                                                                5 x One Hour Floating Session €250
                                                                                                                I'd love to know how many people saw that proposed pricing before it was published.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                  I'd love to know how many people saw that proposed pricing before it was published.
                                                                                                                  People are simply dumb.

Reminds me of the time I asked for €20 phone credit in Dunnes and the oul wan said 'sorry, we only have €10 ones'
                                                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                      People are simply dumb.

Reminds me of the time I asked for €20 phone credit in Dunnes and the oul wan said 'sorry, we only have €10 ones'
                                                                                                                      Maybe she spied the kids section threads you were sporting and for your own good thought it better to try to down-sell you!?.

Comment

James Ryan about to lose his second professional match.

That Gareth Davies is one of those lads who looks great when there's no pressure. Useless when there is!

Comment

He's pointing out the incongruity of singing a rabble rousing dirge that celebrates a terrorist as a hero and is normally sung only by intellectually retarded drunken fools alongside another song that is a powerful response to the kind of morons that sing songs the celebrate low life murderers.
                                                                                                                          Hope that helps explain it to you
                                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X