Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
    "He hasn't actually done anything to Ireland" - hey that's a reason to welcome that German guy with the tache back in 1940.
    As for the rest I guess we hold America to higher standards than China (or the Vatican) - a beacon of the free world etc, so when America elects a Trump it raises our ire more than the latest Chinese autocrat would.
    This is very true. The cliche about Irish households having pictures of the pope and JFK on the wall is funny, because like any good cliche, it's grounded in some truth.

America used to represent the best of ourselves. Now (huge irony) it's probably Germany we look to for leadership in that regard.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      This is very true. The cliche about Irish households having pictures of the pope and JFK on the wall is funny, because like any good cliche, it's grounded in some truth.
      Seems even more bizarre now than it did at the time, but I knew several people in the 1980's who had pictures of Lenin, Trotsky, and Connolly in their hallways.
      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              Well there was only minor opposition to Reagan when he visited Ireland and he invented dog whistling and was explicitly more dangerous to the world. Now people are entitled to think differently to that generation that turned up to cheer Reagan, but I think Trump is a dangerous domestic idiot and thankfully surrounded by far less capable people than Reagan. By all means knock yourself out booing a pantomime fool whose harming those who voted for him, but it hasn't got any relevance to Ireland and is pointless. I'd be far more keen on booing Teresa May.
              Lock up your pussies . The Ireland of Regan is hardly comparable to Ireland of today. Poor argument Prof. I won't be screen grabbing this one.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                Seems even more bizarre now than it did at the time, but I knew several people in the 1980's who had pictures of Lenin, Trotsky, and Connolly in their hallways.
                That play today was, in light of the above, about an Irish communist.

The only Irishman ever deported from Ireland by an Irish government. I'd say you could have been No 2 if only the Special Branch hadn't been preoccupied by the RA at the time.

Comment

Well there was only minor opposition to Reagan when he visited Ireland and he invented dog whistling and was explicitly more dangerous to the world. Now people are entitled to think differently to that generation that turned up to cheer Reagan, but I think Trump is a dangerous domestic idiot and thankfully surrounded by far less capable people than Reagan. By all means knock yourself out booing a pantomime fool whose harming those who voted for him, but it hasn't got any relevance to Ireland and is pointless. I'd be far more keen on booing Teresa May.
                  Eh, the economic wellbeing of this country is underpinned by American FDI.

Not that I wouldn't mind giving him an auld boo myself.

Comment

Kinda nuts that the bucko and clicki have made the bones of 400 k between them today at poker and very little about it on Irelands only poker forum lol.

Imagine this a few yrs back

Anyhow fair play to them! Unreal result
                    Her sky-ness
                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                      Kinda nuts that the bucko and clicki have made the bones of 400 k between them today at poker and very little about it on Irelands only poker forum lol.

Imagine this a few yrs back

Anyhow fair play to them! Unreal result
                      Hardly even the story of the week to be fair.

Kayroo appeared on the Fitz EOM final table. Like 2007 again.

Comment

Yeah fantastic runs 1 and 2 get 2.4m and 7th n 8th 375k ....Some ladder !!! Well done lads

Comment

Comment

The only Irishman ever deported from Ireland by an Irish government. I'd say you could have been No 2 if only the Special Branch hadn't been preoccupied by the RA at the time.
                            Funnily enough, one of my nephews joined the Gardai a couple of years ago. The only 2 people he was asked about were muggins here and my dead brother ( who would have been fairly active in Sinn Fein in the late 70's).

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Kayroo, Bucko what a comparison 😂😂😂
                              Her sky-ness
                              © 5starpool

Comment

Gave up watching super hero movies a couple of years ago but just got around to watching Wonder Woman this evening, really enjoyed it.
                                My main take away was how is it that one woman can be so incredibly beautiful, that just doesn't seem fair.
                                Last edited by darwinatemyhamster; 01-09-18, 22:18.

Comment

Another hat tip for the Jimmys Hall recommendation. 11 y/o daughter rated it 9.5/10. Nefarious characters encountered at the interval.
                                  Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                  funny, ran into one myself at the interval.
                                  Well ye might at least have said hello

Four of us went tonight and I enjoyed it even more second time around.
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                    There was a family in a village near me who were irrevocably split between a Trotskyist and a Stalinist faction, their council houses, semi detached from each other were heavily decorated with bizarre soviet paraphernalia. Relations were often very tense between the two brothers occasionally descending into post closing time fisticuffs.
                                    There was another brother who lived down the road and was a perennial Sinn Fein electoral candidate and I'm reasonably certain had actual blood on his hands and certainly did a few bank jobs for them.

Comment

An important thing about a Trump protest is to keep it low key until the day.
                                      He is coming here to rustle up a few Irish American votes in a crucial election for the future of democracy. If the assclown thinks there will be a big protest he won't show up in Dublin but if he does come and vast crowds turn out against him then the message might just get through a few thick american skulls that this orange fool is simply not an acceptable person to lead them.

Comment

x

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                        Kayroo, Bucko what a comparison 😂😂😂
                                        To be fair when i took him out by the roots.....

Yeah but i think im in a pretty unique spot from doing the rankings to get to know people. Its a scale from 1-1000. Not 1-100.

Its fun.

Anyone who was any good when i was 25. Is better now. I started poker at 26.

Comment

To be fair when i took him out by the roots.....

Yeah but i think im in a pretty unique spot from doing the rankings to get to know people. Its a scale from 1-1000. Not 1-100.

Its fun.

Anyone who was any good when i was 25. Is better now. I started poker at 26.
                                          Diice are ya all right old chap ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                            Diice are ya all right old chap ?
                                            Not quite sure where i was going with that one alright....must be delerium creeping in with lack of sleep?

Comment

Not quite sure where i was going with that one alright....must be delerium creeping in with lack of sleep?
                                              Ah thank God. I thought you were having a stroke

Comment

Get ye in the mood. Up Dublin

Comment

...I have 1 spare ticket to the gaa, face value, upper Hogan...not sure if it'll last long if anyone wants...
                                                  Last edited by luckforsome; 02-09-18, 13:04.

Comment

Westworld... jeez, what a great mindfuck that this. Brilliant show.
                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

It was nice to get a hint of what a competitive game might have looked like

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                        It was nice to get a hint of what a competitive game might have looked like
                                                        Couldn't understand people saying things like if Tyrone could stay with them for 60 minutes it would be close coming to the end. Have they not watched these two teams recently. Result was never in doubt. This could get absolutely embarrassing for Tyrone.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                          Couldn't understand people saying things like if Tyrone could stay with them for 60 minutes it would be close coming to the end. Have they not watched these two teams recently. Result was never in doubt. This could get absolutely embarrassing for the GAA.
                                                          FYP IMO

They may as well have left the altar up on Hill 16 for Tyrone to be sacrificed on as this years offering to the god of professionalism.
                                                          For the foreseeable future All Ireland's are a competition to be second. No one will even dare think about doing something about it until we are closing in on a Dublin 10 in a row

Asides from the glaring problem of there being one team of full time professionals representing 35% of the population taking on the rest the game itself needs to be fixed.
                                                          Simple enough way to do it but 0.0001% chance of it happening is to change the scoring:
                                                          Make a goal worth 5 points, move the D out a meter or two and make a point from outside 2 points and 1 from inside.
                                                          Last edited by Strewelpeter; 02-09-18, 16:05.

Comment

Right, gonna need Kerry Mayo Tyrone Donegal anyone else to find a Seamus Darby character for next year.

Comment

Pending appointment of suitable manager I will be loading up on KY for next years All Ireland.
                                                              I wish I had your confidence.

Peter Keane will (should) be the next manager. Any other appointment won't make any sense and would be a step backwards.

Comment

Cluxton's speech's are a bit special
                                                                "It was nip and tuck"
                                                                They put us to the pin of our collar"

Comment

Pending appointment of suitable manager I will be loading up on KY for next years All Ireland.
                                                                  Lol pending lmao

Comment

A Kerry Dublin final next year would be some occasion.

Comment

Embrace your lovely capital city . Keeping ye in Louis Copeland threads .

Comment

Thread title change .

Hail to the Dubs

Comment

Cluxton's speech's are a bit special
                                                                          "It was nip and tuck"
                                                                          They put us to the pin of our collar"
                                                                          And James McCarthy, it's special to win after a close battle like that

Their media team have the clichés well drilled into them anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                            Get ye in the mood. Up Dublin

https://youtu.be/34bqPyteAMQ
                                                                            Thanks for this. So so good.

Comment

Conversation with my just turned 4 year old daughter the other day...

Her - 'Dada, do you know what can kill you?'

Me - 'huh? Umm, what?'

Her - 'Seven'

Me - 'Really? Why?'

Her - 'because it has no hands'

Must cut back on those pre bedtime horror movies.
                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                Thanks for this. So so good.
                                                                                It warms the cockles . Ronnie Drew

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                  Conversation with my just turned 4 year old daughter the other day...

Her - 'Dada, do you know what can kill you?'

Me - 'huh? Umm, what?'

Her - 'Seven'

Me - 'Really? Why?'

Her - 'because it has no hands'

Must cut back on those pre bedtime horror movies.
                                                                                  It's bad when I have to ask for a 4 year olds joke to be explained, but I do. Please explain.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                    It's bad when I have to ask for a 4 year olds joke to be explained, but I do. Please explain.
                                                                                    Must be some variation on the 'why is six afraid of seven?' joke

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

That's two kids jokes that now need to be explained! I get the 69 bit obv, just not the role of seven.
                                                                                            Seven eight nine

Comment

I'm looking for you guys to explain it to me.
                                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

What’s a good gift for a couple that got engaged? Party for them next week - would know the girl well

Comment

Are there any good sites with a list of everything that's going on in Dublin? I had no clue that swim in the Liffey was happening on Saturday until I stumbled across it.

Need a good site for all the shit that does be going on
                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                                    What’s a good gift for a couple that got engaged? Party for them next week - would know the girl well
                                                                                                    In a big Circle of Friends. Most have gotten engaged, Married, baby and or new home over the last 5 years.

Always got gifts for Wedding(obv) , Baby and New home. Don't think there was any engagement gifts dished out.

Comment

Never played that tournament before. Final tabled. Easy game.
                                                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Champagne was what everyone gave us, not even a bottle of prosecco in sight.

Comment

If they are from different places you Could get 2 old pictures of their home towns from historical picture company and get them framed. 60 eu would cover it. Got them for mate and they loved it.

Comment

Can't see Peter Keane getting Kerry job. Jack again I reckon.

Roar for four done. Drive for five next then the pricks for 6
                                                                                                            Superb team. No weakness at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                              In a big Circle of Friends. Most have gotten engaged, Married, baby and or new home over the last 5 years.

Always got gifts for Wedding(obv) , Baby and New home. Don't think there was any engagement gifts dished out.
                                                                                                              Engagement parties and presents are a swizz.

Comment

We're looking at having engagement drinks towards the end of the month. One of my mates asked me if I had any suggestions for an engagement present. I told them, under no circumstances, was anybody to buy us an engagement present. The drinks thing is really just an excuse to get all our friends together for a piss up and also to help each other's friends to get to know each other a bit ahead of the wedding as think it makes the day better when people know each other a bit.

Comment

Plus, you know loads will bring a present anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                                    We're looking at having engagement drinks towards the end of the month. One of my mates asked me if I had any suggestions for an engagement present. I told them, under no circumstances, was anybody to buy us an engagement present. The drinks thing is really just an excuse to get all our friends together for a piss up and also to help each other's friends to get to know each other a bit ahead of the wedding as think it makes the day better when people know each other a bit.
                                                                                                                    Been to a few gigs like that and it never even entered my mind that anyone might be expecting a gift.

Comment

Been to a few gigs like that and it never even entered my mind that anyone might be expecting a gift.
                                                                                                                      Bottle of booze maybe. That'd be it.

Comment

Plus, you know loads will bring a present anyhow.
                                                                                                                        I'd genuinely prefer if they didn't - We don't need anything so presents that are bought are often a waste.

Bottle of booze maybe. That'd be it.
                                                                                                                        This being the prime example. I've lost count of the amount of presents over the years that has been a bottle of booze of some sort and the vast majority, I either don't drink or it is average at best so you're left with a load of booze that you won't drink - I think I have about three bottles of Brandy that I got in the last year alone

Comment

Just say '500 quid or nothing, your choice' on the invite . I got nothing but twas a good night
                                                                                                                          Only the guarded few didn't turn up.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X