Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Enjoying that GDP book you added to your list a short while ago btw. And how do you identify so many interesting but madly diverse reads?!
    Think I took that from cooker3, ha, I dunno. I'm always on the lookout for recommendations, take them from fs.blog.com/twitter/mentions from books I read/bill gates. It's a blessing and a curse but I've never been able to stick to a few areas of interest.

Goodreads is great though, certainly wouldn't have anywhere near as a good a reading list without it.
    Last edited by Denny Crane; 27-08-18, 23:02.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
      Dunno what United fans were expecting. This happens in season 3 of every club he's been at doesn't it? Thankfully I had my own game tonight so didn't have to sit through that. He'll definitely be gone by Xmas but who else is around. Fans deluding themselves thinking Zidane will come in. Why would he bother with the shite that's going on with the board
      If you had watched the match you would have recognised that Utd were the better team for the majority of the match. A few horrendous errors and some lapse defending in a few key moments were the real difference.

3-0 not a remotely accurate reflection of the game.

Tilts me no end to see people rush to call losing 2 out of 3 games a 'crisis'.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
        If you had watched the match you would have recognised that Utd were the better team for the majority of the match. A few horrendous errors and some lapse defending in a few key moments were the real difference.

Where did I mention the word crisis? Also fail.to see how United could have been the better team and lose 3-0 at home. I suppose they were the better team against Brighton too? Scoring twice actually flattered them in that game.

Comment

Where did I mention the word crisis? Also fail.to see how United could have been the better team and lose 3-0 at home. I suppose they were the better team against Brighton too? Scoring twice actually flattered them in that game.
          No, they were atrocious against Brighton.

Comment

+1 For Yellow Spot and Green Spot. Bullit Rye worth investigating too.
            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
              Sorted my own putting out by making the back stroke much shorter .
              Is that what they are now calling "pop putting"? I did that myself for a while, to be fair I did everything. I was off 9 and flying when I got the yips. Went out to 13 and just couldnt put the ball in the hole.

I tried everything. Kak handed, left handed, belly putter, small putter etc. I just couldnt stop my right hand from twitching at impact. It eventually settled down and kak handed was working OK and I got down to 7. Yips started creeping back in and one day I was putting and just tried the claw grip. It's unbelievable, just takes the right hand out of it completely. Would actually call myself an OK putter now which is a big improvement!

That was last summer an I been steadily coming down to my low point of 5 now.

Putting is like women, FUCKING MENTAL.

Comment

Ah I don't really get that at all.
                Shaw has probably been the best player for them in the opening 3 games.
                Pogba has reverted, Fred looks lost at see, the defense is a liability, De Gea seems to be still suffering from a world cup malaise. If the answer is constantly long ball to fellani, you are not only asking the wrong question, you are not even in the right conversation.
                The approach of try not to lose instead of try to win Jose perfected seems out of touch now. The game has changed, players think and move faster and subsequently work to cover each other more efficiently.
                I get that 3 games is too early to announce a panic or crisis, but bar Shaw there seems to be little in the performances to date to even see where the plan is going.
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

They were the better side in the 1st half. The intensity was up a few notches from previous abject performances. Kanes header was a beauty and right after that Lukaku shot was saved brilliantly.

The difference was in defence, which is not surprising considering the constant changes. I blame Jose and Woodword but to be honest, I’d rather performances like last night and lose that what has previously been on offer.

Jesse Lingard was also in great form and put in a good shift. (normally his biggest critic) He is not world class but when moving at pace can be a handful. The team isn’t that far off from being a decent outfit, needs one or two leaders on the pitch. Currently none. I think Jose needs to step up now . For Liverpool the Lecister match is a big one. Win that and they are contenders in my view, lose it, same ol same ol.

#RESPECT

Comment

Sitting in a barbers getting the young lads 'back to. School' haircut and there's a guy getting his hair cut who Has his eyes closed For the entire ordeal. Looks like A right eejit. Reminded me Of that story hitch was telling us about getting his hair cut.

Is it like a big reveal when you open your eyes at the end?

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                      Sitting in a barbers getting the young lads 'back to. School' haircut and there's a guy getting his hair cut who Has his eyes closed For the entire ordeal. Looks like A right eejit. Reminded me Of that story hitch was telling us about getting his hair cut.

Is it like a big reveal when you open your eyes at the end?
                      I used to do that.
                      Saves me being engaged with talking to barber if I dont want
                      stops errant clippings going in my eyes
                      like wise with sprays.
                      It would enable me to just have 20 mins or so with no outside interference apart from the odd gentle nudge to tilt accordingly for cutting.

Also, it was a surprise at the end
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

I'd find it excruciatingly awkward to sit there for half an hour saying nothing.
                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                          IIt would enable me to just have 20 mins or so with no outside interference apart from the odd gentle nudge to tilt accordingly for cutting.
                          Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                          I'd find it excruciatingly awkward to sit there for half an hour saying nothing.
                          Nice '50% more hair than DP' dig there Lazare.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                            €50 a head - we'll go on the honour system

Winner is first team to 15 EPL total goals at the end of a match.

If more than one team reaches it in the same matchweek it will go on -
                            A) which match was played first
                            B) minute the 15th goal was scored if matches kicked off at the same time

If your team goes over 15 during a match your next target will be 30.

5 teams not included - Brighton, Watford, Huddersfield, Cardiff & Fulham.

Think that's everything - glgl (sent Flushdraw a pre-randomized list as a neutral observer)
                            Update on this although unless City get exactly 6 next weekend first proper sweats should be after international break...

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                              How the fuck would it take 30 mins to get your hair cut? You have short hair.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                How the fuck would it take 30 mins to get your hair cut? You have short hair.
                                All the chatting.
                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Ya can't even get yer haircut these days without the IPB police judging you.
                                  I'd say Lazare has the barber's worn out . We cut your hair yesterday. Just in for a chat lads

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                    Nice '50% more hair than DP' dig there Lazare.
                                    That is...doubtful
                                    maybe it takes longer to find

Comment

Hi all, any good live tournaments around dublin tonight?
                                      Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

We watched different games. Thought United were awful and looked, Lukaku miss aside, a million miles from scoring.

Dont think people are referencing losing 2 out 3 a crisis, more so that he has clearly lost the dressing room and has had his legs cut by the board.

The days of siege mentality and attacking players to get the best out of them are gone. Chelsea when it worked were a young team and they bought into it. Guys who are earning half a million a week are just totally over it. There is a reason the longer he stays the worse his results get.

Hope he stays as with Jose at the wheel laying United every game is money.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                          We watched different games. Thought United were awful and looked, Lukaku miss aside, a million miles from scoring.

Dont think people are referencing losing 2 out 3 a crisis, more so that he has clearly lost the dressing room and has had his legs cut by the board.

The days of siege mentality and attacking players to get the best out of them are gone. Chelsea when it worked were a young team and they bought into it. Guys who are earning half a million a week are just totally over it. There is a reason the longer he stays the worse his results get.

You were watching the result not the game . Lukaku missed 3 . Deflection just wide. Lingard miss . Few saves etc etc. It's the media who lead ya.

Comment

You were watching the result not the game . Lukaku missed 3 . Deflection just wide. Lingard miss . Few saves etc etc. It's the media who lead ya.
                                            Dele Alli could have had a hattrick in the match but for some last ditch tackles and poor finishing. The scoreline didnt particularly flatter Spurs at all despite them being far from their best.
                                            Last edited by The Situation; 28-08-18, 15:27.
                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Nope, watched the game and United were dreadful,perhaps we have differing opinions, if you want to argue they were good on the back of a home 3/0 defeat thats your business. Media, droolers that they may be have correctly identified Jose, due to his hugely abbrassive and confrontational style loses dressing rooms after a certain stage. Are there still united fans out there who genuinely are happy with Jose as the boss and his god awful style of play!

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                Dele Alli could have had a hattrick in the match but for some last ditch tackles and poor finishing. The scoreline didnt particularly flatter Spurs at all despite them being far from their best.
                                                Lol tis all. 3-0 was a travesty but sure different opinions. Not happy with Jose but ye guys are clouded by the obvious. Watch it again and this time turn the volume down. It will help you concentrate .

Comment

5:20 AM this morning and the President of the United States of America was busy googling his own name to see who has been saying nice things about him.

Meanwhile as Rome burns he hasn't denied this story yet

Last edited by Strewelpeter; 28-08-18, 16:17.
                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                    5:20 AM this morning and the President of the United States of America was busy googling his own name to see who has been saying nice things about him.

You'd do the exact same to be fair, I know I would.
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

We're all prone to Googling ourselves from time to timeYour favorite shows, movies and more are here. Stream now on Peacock: www.peacocktv.comWatch 30 Rock o...

Comment

Wine distribution behind the scenes!

Dear Newbridge Wine Buff supporter

Lots to report in this month’s newsletter, so let’s get started…

At The Wine Buff, we go to extraordinary lengths to source great wines. We have no mass produced industrial wines, simply crafted vintages from superb small vineyards. But our best efforts don’t always go according to plan: take this attempt to bring in a shipment of Pinot Noir from Mendoza, Argentina in the foothills of the Andes Mountains. Several weeks ago, we received this message, along with some alarming photos:

”We have a problem with this shipment due trucker can't retire container of depot, due to truck crashes at mountain high and row endless, problem is kept yet. Please find attached.

We will not arrive on time to stacking so we should be rollover booking next vessel.”

SPOILER

SPOILER

Comment

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

The Micko documentary on RTE is very good.
                                                              What a man

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                I now reluctantly try to keep the eyes open (not always successfully as its become a reflex action - sit down in barber chair - shut eyes), and it has ruined haircuts forever! Used to be lovely dozing off for a bit mid-afternoon and waking up looking a bit better.
                                                                Do you keep your eyes open at the dentist? I find the dentists chair to be sleep-inducing above all others.

If I was a dentist, I'd definitely keep a few appointments open for napping.
                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                  Do you keep your eyes open at the dentist? I find the dentists chair to be sleep-inducing above all others.

If I was a dentist, I'd definitely keep a few appointments open for napping.
                                                                  Usually a big fucking light shining on your face so hard to keep the eyes open ime

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                    Ah I don't really get that at all.
                                                                    Shaw has probably been the best player for them in the opening 3 games.
                                                                    Pogba has reverted, Fred looks lost at see, the defense is a liability, De Gea seems to be still suffering from a world cup malaise. If the answer is constantly long ball to fellani, you are not only asking the wrong question, you are not even in the right conversation.
                                                                    The approach of try not to lose instead of try to win Jose perfected seems out of touch now. The game has changed, players think and move faster and subsequently work to cover each other more efficiently.
                                                                    I get that 3 games is too early to announce a panic or crisis, but bar Shaw there seems to be little in the performances to date to even see where the plan is going.
                                                                    If you watched the game yesterday, United were playing to win, instead of not to lose. Yes Mourinho has pissed me off no end in most of the matches against the big teams, setting up to nullify the opposition and playing boring football. Yesterday was one of the rare occasions where we didn't do that, and as I said, were objectively the better team for most of the game.

Shaw has looked the best player so far, I'd agree. Fred looks promising, but hasn't set the world alight yet. Pogba has been underwhelming so far. Wouldn't be remotely concerned about De Gea.

Nope, watched the game and United were dreadful,perhaps we have differing opinions, if you want to argue they were good on the back of a home 3/0 defeat thats your business. Media, droolers that they may be have correctly identified Jose, due to his hugely abbrassive and confrontational style loses dressing rooms after a certain stage. Are there still united fans out there who genuinely are happy with Jose as the boss and his god awful style of play!
                                                                    Yeah not sure what game you were watching? Some bizarre opinions there to be honest.

I hate Mourinho for the record. Every time United play I just wish we had Pep instead.

Comment

Usually a big fucking light shining on your face so hard to keep the eyes open ime
                                                                      Plus the fact that you'd be staring right at the dentist pretty close up.

Comment

I find getting my haircut absolute torture since my 6 weeks in a dark room crippling hospitalised migraines. I twitch and move like a retard so move about hairdressers now

Anyone else hate them? Find their muscles tightening and twitching? It's like a minor panic attack at times,dry mouth, palpations. 1 in every 10 or so is grand and not a bother. Used love getting my hair cut.

Comment

Some great suggestions for the start of Whiskey Wankery Collection. My Issue will be not buying something every time i pass a shop.

I'm a Film Wanker a lot longer, anyone who likes a good coming of age film, will love 20th Century Women on Netflix. Outstanding performances all round, and the best of this type of film i've seen in a while.
                                                                          sigpic
                                                                          Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Ah last day of summer and kids returned to the care of the Department of Education tomorrow - thank fuck.

Last year they are in the same school. Eldest is under strict notice that she is responsible for getting herself to secondary school when she starts.
                                                                            Have been told it's 'child abuse' to make her cycle a gentle 4km. I like to think of it as character building.

Comment

Ah last day of summer and kids returned to the care of the Department of Education tomorrow - thank fuck.

Last year they are in the same school. Eldest is under strict notice that she is responsible for getting herself to secondary school when she starts.
                                                                              Have been told it's 'child abuse' to make her cycle a gentle 4km. I like to think of it as character building.
                                                                              my youngest starts secondary school next week. tbh, he's been going and coming back to/from school on his own for the last 2 years.

we've been using an app called life360 which just lets us know when they get to school, when they get back home etc. very handy for peace of mind.

Comment

You monster!

Comment

Someone I was chatting to mentioned that they heard the chief had died. Is this true? Could have been mentioned ages ago and it bypassed me, or it could be false. Any poker players confirm or deny?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

we've been using an app called life360 which just lets us know when they get to school, when they get back home etc. very handy for peace of mind.
                                                                                    Reminds me of that Black Mirror helicoptor parenting episode.

I'd have hated if my parents knew where i was at all times at that age.
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

The kid is due to start school tomorrow and now he has chicken pox. POX on this. I guess he can’t start for a week now. Timing Schiming.

Comment

Someone I was chatting to mentioned that they heard the chief had died. Is this true? Could have been mentioned ages ago and it bypassed me, or it could be false. Any poker players confirm or deny?
                                                                                        Ah no. I hope not.

Comment

Possibly in the market for a new bike after getting knocked off mine yesterday. Any Dublin recommendations for a particularly good physical shop that participates in the bike to work scheme?

Comment

Originally posted by aidankk View Post
                                                                                            Some great suggestions for the start of Whiskey Wankery Collection. My Issue will be not buying something every time i pass a shop.

I'm a Film Wanker a lot longer, anyone who likes a good coming of age film, will love 20th Century Women on Netflix. Outstanding performances all round, and the best of this type of film i've seen in a while.
                                                                                            Great film!

Even more of a drinks wanker these days as I drink so rarely that it has to be something wanky.

Comment

No sign of any matching report on Rip.ie

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                Reminds me of that Black Mirror helicoptor parenting episode.

I'd have hated if my parents knew where i was at all times at that age.
                                                                                                at 8-10 years old? seriously? couldn't care less personally.they can go where they want as long as they let us know where they're going.

as i said,it's peace of mind in a big city.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                  Even more of a drinks wanker these days as I drink so rarely that it has to be something wanky.

Asking for a craft beer in some pubs in dublin or indeed any whiskey that isn't jameson or paddys will get you some funny looks.
                                                                                                  For that matter, asking for a slice of lime in a jameson and ginger is likely to get you a lemon in most pubs in ballyer

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                                    Possibly in the market for a new bike after getting knocked off mine yesterday. Any Dublin recommendations for a particularly good physical shop that participates in the bike to work scheme?
                                                                                                    Have used Bikeworx in Celbridge for staff, but also know of a place in city centre that said he'd put through two bikes as one for invoice if you wanted for B2W scheme. Could PM the shop name if that was of interest. Haven't taken him up on the offer but definitely would if I got any interest. Even at half price a bike would be wasted on me.

Comment

More of these should be encouraged in certain spots?

Comment

Amen. My two are ready to kill each other after 8 weeks of spending every waking hour together. Nice and awkward for the first month where she finishes at 2 and he finishes at 12 for two weeks and then 1 for two weeks.
                                                                                                        What age can they walk themselves to and from school and beyond that, be trusted in the house from 2-5pm on their own?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                          Amen. My two are ready to kill each other after 8 weeks of spending every waking hour together. Nice and awkward for the first month where she finishes at 2 and he finishes at 12 for two weeks and then 1 for two weeks.
                                                                                                          What age can they walk themselves to and from school and beyond that, be trusted in the house from 2-5pm on their own?
                                                                                                          If you ask me - 9.

If you ask my social worker wife - 15.

Comment

I often get them to walk to school on their own btw, as a group so Big looks after Small.

Again, I'm sure this is deeply evil on some level.

Comment

No, just Waterford.

Joking aside, its a great festival, running a few years now and really onto something big

Comment

Ah no. I hope not.
                                                                                                                You say that now but some night you'll be sitting with the virtual nuts on the flop and you'll be delirious when someone shoves with 3rd pair and in the moment you snap call you'll realise that its the Chief and you'll know your fate is sealed and after you have been runner runnered hear "Did you not notice that the 7's were running tonight"

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                  You say that now but some night you'll be sitting with the virtual nuts on the flop and you'll be delirious when someone shoves with 3rd pair and in the moment you snap call you'll realise that its the Chief and you'll know your fate is sealed and after you have been runner runnered hear "Did you not notice that the 7's were running tonight"
                                                                                                                  It's more fun when you decide to commit suicide and run a bluff on the Chief.

Comment

That's class, should defo be more around the country. For a second I thought that Dan Kitchener was half of KozyandDan but that's Dan Kitchens, love their stuff too!

Comment

Waterford council law much different than Dublins which makes it much easier. It's such a fantastic idea to run a festival like that.
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

can we see a normal non processed pic of that? doubt it looks any where near as good

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                          can we see a normal non processed pic of that? doubt it looks any where near as good
                                                                                                                          Here's a quick vid of it being done, might give a better idea. Else get Kev out with the camera

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X