Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
    Anyone out there ever used one of those mobile phone bags that you can use in water? Needing something for the Caribbean/Miami as we don't want to leave any valuables lying around. We def want to take one of our phones for photographs though, so leaving it in the room is not the answer.

Thanks!
    Thinly veiled brag Gilser.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
      Was out in Sandymount earlier doing the aul trail walk that leads to the poolbeg pier. There was a father and two kids on scooters slightly ahead. As we entered slightly rougher terrain on the walk the kids became a bit disgruntled as they weren't getting much momentum going on the scooters. The girl gave up efforts and cried to the dad "can you hold this for a while" to which he replied in the strongest Dublin 4 accent you can imagine, "just fock it away loike". So both kids picked up their scooters, gave them a few heave ho's and threw them off the hill and all three of them burst into hysterical laughter.

We're obscenely back!
      I'll give ya a tenner for the two

Comment

Booked Jimmy's Hall after relentless praise of it here.

I like the voluntary donation instead of booking fee they use on their site, is that common? Haven't seen it before, wonder if that works out more profitable for them.
        Profit before people.

Comment

Our eldest is going to see Hamilton when she goes to London in September, she has been raving about it for a while.
          I saw the London production. It is superb. Really quite extraordinary. She must have ID and the card she bought the tickets with. They don't mess around with that stuff.
          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

I like the voluntary donation instead of booking fee they use on their site, is that common? Haven't seen it before, wonder if that works out more profitable for them.
            Was wondering the same. We booked two €20 tickets and left a fiver donation. Missus booked it and booked the wrong Saturday. Rang to see if we could switch dates and they said there's normally a fee but wouldn't charge it cos we made a donation so they seem to appreciate even small ones.

Prefer that way to the way the olympia does it and sticks an extra euro or two on top of an already expensive booking fee.

Comment

Bad beat city!

Comment

Well The Abbey will receive over 10% of the entire Arts Council funding this year, so they could easily give you the fiver and still be sitting pretty.

Speaking of theatre, I saw a great Midsummer Night's Dream at the Kilkenny Arts festival a couple of weekends ago. Was just looking at Footsbarn Theatre who are doing a version of it here over the next while. Highly recommend them, so if you're around any of their venues I suggest going:

Might make it to Clonakilty Guitar Festival in a few weeks, as I'll be living in Cork by then.

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                  SO... the missus drags you to Britney fucking Spears

What do you do?

Well if you are from Sligo...

Obviously... watch the highlights of de Rovers win away in Limerick
                  Only one Rovers in LOI, back in your box there country boy.

Comment

Was out in Sandymount earlier doing the aul trail walk that leads to the poolbeg pier. There was a father and two kids on scooters slightly ahead. As we entered slightly rougher terrain on the walk the kids became a bit disgruntled as they weren't getting much momentum going on the scooters. The girl gave up efforts and cried to the dad "can you hold this for a while" to which he replied in the strongest Dublin 4 accent you can imagine, "just fock it away loike". So both kids picked up their scooters, gave them a few heave ho's and threw them off the hill and all three of them burst into hysterical laughter.

We're obscenely back!
                    Finished up a bit early at the office on wigmore st in london today. Decided to walk through Mayfair to Victoria station rather than get the tube. Down past Claridges and numerous other ultra high end establishments. We’re in the ha’penny place compared to over here. The wealth is unreal and regular working millionaires are nothing but Joe Schmoes.
                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                          I'm sure we also could have fancy Claridges & co, if we were also so warmly welcoming of corrupt money from abroad. 90% of Brits earn less than £50k a year though so the average Brit isn't getting much of a chance to shop in those places.
                          Ah yes but there is something about the concentrated wealth in London which is just surreal. My place has about ten guys who earn a million a year. They’re only well off in this town.
                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                              Wicklow Shams.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                Wicklow Shams.
                                Forgot im prob outnumbered here alright...

My Uncle and family ended up in Strandhill back in the mid 80s. He was staunch Rovers from living in Milltown.

Settled down and ended up a Sligo fan with the 2 young lads and brought them up to RDS back when Rovers were there. We all had asome grub and some of us a few pints and headed to the game.

His eldest(my cousin) was probably about 14 at the time and despite culchie reputations hadnt had a pint but hr can be a thick fucker even to this day.

Anyway walking just before the ground a gang of maybe 20 Rovers lads (fairly iffy tbf) spot the 4 Sligo jerseys behind me and the aul lad and start with the sheep sounds. Uncle is laughing it off but there is almost steam coming out of the young lads ears.

Course he loses the plot aftee 2 mins and goes for them solo lol. Which be grand except for the 20 random Sligo lads about 30 yards behind.

Riot ensues.

Comment

Need a few more votes for match 3 & 4 of the Music King quarter finals...some great music!

Will vote myself later

Comment

I looked at a house share in Miltown once, fella told me house was built on the pitch, pissed myself laughing and told them I was gonna build a mini showgrounds in the garden if i moved in

Was in the Foggy Dew after a cup final one night and started getting this guff a few shams fanboys, started saying we were obsessed and other such shite

I started laughing and pointed out the obsession was theirs

One questioned me so I offered to fly him to Leeds, we go to the pub nearest the ground and he had to say "there was only one United, Man United" and see what happened, following week I would pick him up from hospital and we could do the same down West Ham or Newcastle depending on which he preferred

I then asked him was it that bad that we called ourselves de Rovers and them Wickla Shams

errr um... no guess not

Few pints, good laugh had

Forgot im prob outnumbered here alright...

Anyway walking just before the ground a gang of maybe 20 Rovers lads (fairly iffy tbf) spot the 4 Sligo jerseys behind me and the aul lad and start with the sheep sounds. Uncle is laughing it off but there is almost steam coming out of the young lads ears.

Course he loses the plot aftee 2 mins and goes for them solo lol. Which be grand except for the 20 random Sligo lads about 30 yards behind.

Riot ensues.
                                    And now ye live halfway up the Wickla mountains, alanis morissette would probably have something to say about that

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                      I looked at a house share in Miltown once, fella told me house was built on the pitch, pissed myself laughing and told them I was gonna build a mini showgrounds in the garden if i moved in

Was in the Foggy Dew after a cup final one night and started getting this guff a few shams fanboys, started saying we were obsessed and other such shite

I started laughing and pointed out the obsession was theirs

One questioned me so I offered to fly him to Leeds, we go to the pub nearest the ground and he had to say "there was only one United, Man United" and see what happened, following week I would pick him up from hospital and we could do the same down West Ham or Newcastle depending on which he preferred

I then asked him was it that bad that we called ourselves de Rovers and them Wickla Shams

errr um... no guess not

Few pints, good laugh had

And now ye live halfway up the Wickla mountains, alanis morissette would probably have something to say about that
                                      Go shag a sheep up Ben Bulben

Comment

Go shag a sheep up Ben Bulben

Comment

Comment

HorseHead elite appearing on bigtime american TV

SPOILER

Comment

This pope thing sounds like it is going to mess up the city for the weekend. Why can't you Catholic types host him in the field they use for the ploughing championships so that we other deviants can enjoy the civic amenities unmolested by pilgrims in bad clothes?
                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                I saw the London production. It is superb. Really quite extraordinary. She must have ID and the card she bought the tickets with. They don't mess around with that stuff.
                                                Oh shit, I have no idea if I paid for the tickets with my card or she did. I am going on holiday at the same time and taking my ticket. She will have ID on her though. I will check with her as soon as she gets up. I know I booked her Phantom tickets, but not sure about Hamilton. She is going with three of her Maltese friends, so will find out. I hope one of the parents didn't book them!

Thanks for letting us know, we have time to try and sort it out now.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                  This pope thing sounds like it is going to mess up the city for the weekend. Why can't you Catholic types host him in the field they use for the ploughing championships so that we other deviants can enjoy the civic amenities unmolested by pilgrims in bad clothes?
                                                  The pope mobile is traveling around some of my cycle commute.

I must say. The place is gleaming. At least some good has come out of it. There's loads out picking leaves off the streets.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                    I must say. The place is gleaming. At least some good has come out of it. There's loads out picking leaves off the streets.
                                                    Can't be having the grand wizard seeing the things that his boss put there.

Comment

One of our own Themadchef from Achill Island has recently got her book published. She has just had it confirmed that Easons in Ballina and Castlebar and will also feature on their website. For those who were at Tony and I's wedding, you would have met her in person.

Hopefully some of you can support her and get the book, even if it is for your teen!

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                        Was just looking at Footsbarn Theatre who are doing a version of it here over the next while. Highly recommend them, so if you're around any of their venues I suggest going:

Might make it to Clonakilty Guitar Festival in a few weeks, as I'll be living in Cork by then.

SPOILER
                                                        Footsbarn are fantastic.

SPOILER
                                                        Moving out to the Beara peninsula perhaps?

Awaiting the dissenting opinion with baited breath
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Dublin bus seem to have gone a bit overboard alright. Bad enough that there will be diversions, but you'll also have to go back to a time when you just waited for a bus with no clues as to when it might arrive.
                                                          There will be no Real Time Information available on street or on the Dublin Bus app on Saturday 25 or Sunday 26 August as major traffic diversions will be in place due to the visit of Pope Francis. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                            Footsbarn are fantastic.

Awaiting the dissenting opinion with baited breath :p
                                                            The Italian production is way better to watch.

Im working with an Abbey productions hater. Bit odd

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                              Dublin bus seem to have gone a bit overboard alright. Bad enough that there will be diversions, but you'll also have to go back to a time when you just waited for a bus with no clues as to when it might arrive.
                                                              I still on occasion put my hand out for the Luas to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                That has to happen with diversions unfortunately - the RTPI system works on the basis of buses always using the same route and estimating the time based on how long it usually takes to travel each section. We get the same 'no RTPI' on St Patricks Day.
                                                                They really should have a 'show where the 46a/39/145 buses are now' facility instead, albeit it could only work online rather that the on-street displays.

Comment

One of our own Themadchef from Achill Island has recently got her book published. She has just had it confirmed that Easons in Ballina and Castlebar and will also feature on their website. For those who were at Tony and I's wedding, you would have met her in person.

Hopefully some of you can support her and get the book, even if it is for your teen!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...rina+gallagher
                                                                  will BUY this book.

Out of interest which format/store is best for author?
                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                    No, I couldn't handle that - I'm a city person (or at least that's the story I have in my head, always feel much better after a retreat in the country). I'm going to Cork city.

I suppose it's tricky to get the balance right of being isolated in the arse end of Cork not seeing other people, and seeing lots of other people but they are Corkonians.

Comment

No, I couldn't handle that - I'm a city person (or at least that's the story I have in my head, always feel much better after a retreat in the country). I'm going to Cork city.

I suppose it's tricky to get the balance right of being isolated in the arse end of Cork not seeing other people, and seeing lots of other people but they are Corkonians.
                                                                      Good luck with the language, you'll probably need a translator for the first few months.

Comment

The Pope's a cunt
                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                          The Pope's a cunt
                                                                          I will pray for you my child

Comment

The bastard better not interfere with my brunch.

TBF he seems like a grand pope compared to the other popes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

Weren't one lot of popes big into binge drinking and riding? The Avignon Popes iirc

Comment

my favourite Pope

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

Not a great benchmark seeing as they all chose to take top spot in a toxic organization responsible for disgusting crimes and cover ups
                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                    The Pope's a cunt
                                                                                    Ironic that it’s the one thing his church forbids him getting close to.

Comment

Some clever design by Time
                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                          will BUY this book.

Out of interest which format/store is best for author?
                                                                                          Amazon would be the best way online and then you can do a review, as that is what she will need to get herself off the ground. I have it on my kindle, ready to read as soon as I finish the one I am on.

Comment

Jason Hunter is an experienced international trade negotiator who has taken to challanging brexiteers with facts and data and general reality.

His Twitter@JasonJHunter is well worth a look as is this gem from just after the rebels shafted May's Chequers plan where he exposes Farage on his own show. Farage basically hangs up on him
                                                                                            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Former trade negotiator to Hong Kong Jason Hunter tries to debunk Brexit - as Brexit Central Editor Jonathan Isaby gives a positive outlook...

Comment

There is a great irony in NI screwing the Brits over in the way it has for Brexit.

But its almost a shame for anyone who would want a united Ireland. I don't think there would be an appetite in the Republic for it right now given the potential costs involved and the shitstorm and work needed to get it there.

I do think though that if we never had the collapse and crisis, or if our boom time was handled better, that there would be a far greater chance of seeing it. Hindsight is 20/20 of course.

Me posting this from Canada is also not lost on me.
                                                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I'd love a united Ireland if it weren't for all the people living up there.

Comment

Trying to strike that balance of not wanting to be the first person to turn up for work drinks but at the same time getting there early enough to ensure an ample amount of free alcohol is consumed can be tricky!

Comment

I see Trump's money man flipped on him today. Between him and Cohen, they know where all the bodies are buried.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                      Trying to strike that balance of not wanting to be the first person to turn up for work drinks but at the same time getting there early enough to ensure an ample amount of free alcohol is consumed can be tricky!
                                                                                                      Trickier to still to manage a graceful exit the minute the free booze is withdrawn....

Comment

I see Trump's money man flipped on him today. Between him and Cohen, they know where all the bodies are buried.
                                                                                                        I tried to put myself into the mindset of a Trump supporter today and I mistakenly stuck a fork in my eye eating my soup.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                            I'd love a united Ireland if it weren't for all the people living up there.

But why ?

A sketch taken from Harry Enfield and Christmas Chums 1997.

Comment

This is a potential revolutionary race - Beto O'Rourke vs Ted Cruz. Beto wins this and I'd imagine he will wipe Trump like slime on his shoes in 2020. The guy has ALL the talking skillz and doesn't suffer from the do-gooderyness of Boston Warren. Now can he actually manage to beat one of the most powerful Republicans in most of the most strongly Republican states at a time when Republican voters know that hands control of Senate to Democrats? Who knows. But he's making a very decent run of it so far.
                                                                                                              Depressing post

Comment

This is a potential revolutionary race - Beto O'Rourke vs Ted Cruz. Beto wins this and I'd imagine he will wipe Trump like slime on his shoes in 2020. The guy has ALL the talking skillz and doesn't suffer from the do-gooderyness of Boston Warren. Now can he actually manage to beat one of the most powerful Republicans in most of the most strongly Republican states at a time when Republican voters know that hands control of Senate to Democrats? Who knows. But he's making a very decent run of it so far.
                                                                                                                That question he got the viral video from the other day was the most teed up question I've seen since Fianna Fail used to have party apparatchiks planted in the audience of Questions and Answers

Great subject to pick and very well presented retort tbf to him, anyone who has a functioning brain and hears him will understand in their heart and soul that their response is pure unadulterated racism.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III
                                                                                                                I wonder if he actually has? It all appears quite complicated.
                                                                                                                If he has then the way the fake charity has been used as a slush fund could be a straightforward path to the exit door.

Comment

Weisslberg has been given immunity into the Cohen investigation, which will extend to a single question "did trump authorise you to make that payment?" of which he will say "yes" and escape charges for his part in that. It won't dig up any other dirt from teh last 20 years.
                                                                                                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Just rewatched Shane meadows' Dead mans shoes. Christ what a show.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                                      Weisslberg has been given immunity into the Cohen investigation, which will extend to a single question "did trump authorise you to make that payment?" of which he will say "yes" and escape charges for his part in that. It won't dig up any other dirt from teh last 20 years.
                                                                                                                      Would there not be fun questions asked about how exactly Trump has been financing his endeavours since no bank would touch him with a bargepole?

Cough, cough oligarchs cough.

Comment

...

Comment

...
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 24-08-18, 21:27.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X