Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A great man passed away on Monday. Some of you guys will remember him from the poker tables. His name was Dan Sheridan. Pancreatic cancer took this man from us in his early forties. You'd have met him at the poker events in Galway and at some of the other decent events around the country.

RIP Dan, you were a great friend and a great man.
    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      Haha!!

I expect that its some sort of commercial operation and she has a plan to cash in on it

Well worth reading for fallopian fortitude
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        I expect that its some sort of commercial operation and she has a plan to cash in on it

Well worth reading for fallopian fortitude
        She must have had some craic doing it.

Imagine turning up at it, just blokes everywhere, clinging on to a bit of hope
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            €3k dumped on spending Christmas week in Disneyland. Feel like everything that is both right and wrong with the world.
            going to eurodisney next weekend.
            Send me your secret mickey tips
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

For anyone who has ever done the Sky Sports Super 6 of a Saturday....

Comment

I remember someone posting a few months ago about a gamer that wanted to play Call of Duty full time to win the world championships. He dumped this woman to do so

And he's only gone and lost in the world championships

Have had a quick scan of twitter and a lot of people are having quite the laugh at his expense. What a moron.

Comment

Was that JP in line for the scoop?
                  Sick whoever it was, what's 2nd prize?

Comment

Was that JP in line for the scoop?
                    Sick whoever it was, what's 2nd prize?
                    Yeah.

I think 3 others chopped it with the equaliser.

No 2nd prize.

Comment

Dobby, She might be a pain in the hole!?

If you can pull one 9 you can pull another 9

He should call all the abusers virgins & ask them what it's like dreaming about sleeping with a 3

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                        Yeah.

I think 3 others chopped it with the equaliser.

No 2nd prize.
                        6 or 7 had it right, 3 chopped it with the nearest to golden goal tie breaker

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                          Dobby, She might be a pain in the hole!?

If you can pull one 9 you can pull another 9

He should call all the abusers virgins & ask them what it's like dreaming about sleeping with a 3
                          No doubt. No matter how hot a woman is there's a man somewhere that's sick of her shite. But that wasn't the reason for the break up. Playing a video game was which was just plain stupidity by the chap imo

Comment

A question that maybe no-one knows. If, as seems like a near certainty now, Trump is convicted of violating campaign law, what could happen to him? I presume there's a range of possible remedies from minor to severe that could be imposed on him, but what are they?
                            American legal theory is generally that Trump cannot be convicted of a crime while President.

Impeachment is a political process, not a judicial one.
                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

^^^^ It would be pretty moronic to think somebody is a good gf or person because they are hot. She seems completely self obsessed and I'm sure he can get another girlfriend. It was also a great way for him to get in the news.There's currently a gaming tournament on with a prize of $25,000,000 with millions of viewers and I doubt the players are letting girls get in the way haha.

Comment

Some cunts prefer games to girls. The losers are the ones on Twitter giving him stick
                                airport, lol

Comment

3 Sligo lads in a row defending the fella would dumped a 9/10 for being high maintenance and going after the money instead

Ya; there is a reason a lot of us played poker/signed up here

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                    American legal theory is generally that Trump cannot be convicted of a crime while President.

Impeachment is a political process, not a judicial one.
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                        At the rate he's getting through lawyers, I fully expect Kayroo to get a callup soon.

'Your honour, what is crime? If truth is not truth, then crime is not crime. The defence rests.'
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                          At the rate he's getting through lawyers, I fully expect Kayroo to get a callup soon.

'Your honour, what is crime? If truth is not truth, then crime is not crime. The defence rests.'
                                          I have set out my defence strategy below:

Comment

thats where we're going too. I think you are a long-time disney fanatic, so nothing really to say, except its going to be amazing. Kid is now about 2.5 years? Our 2 year old was in bits over it.
                                            queues food etc?
                                            we are staying in explorers hotel which is near enough but planning on hopping the train to supermarché for full french experience.

The thoughts of going to france and living on mcdonalds and earl of sandwich is filling me with a kind of existential dread

Comment

Have a Canadian colleague heading over to Ireland with a group of 8, all in their 50s. Looking for recommendations on pubs & possibly restaurants in Killarney, Dingle & Belfast, more so interested in good Irish pubs. Anyone from those areas give any shout outs?

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                Have a Canadian colleague heading over to Ireland with a group of 8, all in their 50s. Looking for recommendations on pubs & possibly restaurants in Killarney, Dingle & Belfast, more so interested in good Irish pubs. Anyone from those areas give any shout outs?
                                                There's load of good pubs in Dingle. Murphy's does good food, liked Foxy Johns too

Comment

Looks like an idiot, talks like an idiot but don't let that fool you...

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                    Yikes, wrote more than I expected so spoliered for boringness

SPOILER

Killarney Pubs, The Laurels (market suqare), lively for good music and craic, lovely little pub with nice staff too.

Tatler Jack (plunkett street) one of the later bars, would have lively music from 10pm ish, walls covered in GAA memorabilia,

The Laune (new street) always popular with golfers of similar age to your colleague looking for a quiet drink after a day on the course, no music but would have whatever sport is happening on telly, staff always very obliging too.

Dunloe Lodge (plunkett street) proper old man dive bar, sticky floors and smelly toilets. One man band playing music so loud you'd hear it before seeing the pub. Don't go there myself but tourists used to love the "experience" of a shit hole pub. (Based on a small sample size when I worked in a hotel)

The Failte (college street) my local when I'm home and used to work there. Staff are very good, have music from 6pm through to closing, best of the bunch being two sisters whose names escape me now but worth seeing. Big bar so you'd be comfortable even if it's busy.

Murphys Bar (college street) another nice little bar with good staff, music from about 9.30. Good local traditional musicians. Decent pub grub too.

Killarney Restaurants, Lord Kenmares, above Murphy's bar, same owners. Have never eaten here myself cos it's on the pricey side but parents have been a few times and always impressed.

Bricin (high street) pronounced brickeen, again I've never been here cos it's pricey but anyone I know always recommends it.

Robertinos Italian (high street) one of my favourite restaurants, any time I'm home I try to go either there or Salvadors next door, same owners, same kitchen but robertinos is a little more "fancy"

Macs on main street, never had a bad experience here. A favourite with locals.

Casita Mexicana is located behind the glebe car park, a small place owned and run by a husband and wife, he's the chef, she's the waitress and they're lovely people and food is pretty good. They'll make it as hot as you like.

Treyvauds (high street) top quality stuff here. Run by two brothers. A place I always try and find and excuse to go to cos it's on the pricey side for me but definitely worth it.

Everywhere there is town centre, need any recommendations further out just shout.

Dingle I'm not too familiar with but Murphy's bar for food or drink won't see you wrong.

Heading to Paidi O Se pub in ventry is an absolute must. Even just to look at all the photos. Irish and American politician's, sports stars, movie stars, it's amazing to think all those people visited that little pub.

Comment

Looks like an idiot, talks like an idiot but don't let that fool you...
                                                      it's great stuff

The Marx Brothers, 'A Night At the Opera', another fine moment with Groucho and Margaret Dumont (mrs.Claypool) remember that this picture is made in the earl...
                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Think this is genuinely the beginning of the end for Trump. Fox News interesting for a half hour there, going to try and deflect this as partisan nonsense and keep trying to drum home that this has nothing to do with Russian collusion. But look, this is a crime he's been directly implicated in. Meuller has been handling this like a mob investigation, gradually bringing down lieutenants until someone sings. I think the momentum on this will just build.
                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I predict it won't matter much at all.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                            I predict it won't matter much at all.
                                                            I understand that, and it certainly seemed like the old rules about what you say and being caught in outright unashamed lies no longer mattered. But this is a crime - he would have been charged today if he wasn't sitting President. This is definitely beyond the line that matters, even in Trumpian times.
                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                              I understand that, and it certainly seemed like the old rules about what you say and being caught in outright unashamed lies no longer mattered. But this is a crime - he would have been charged today if he wasn't sitting President. This is definitely beyond the line that matters, even in Trumpian times.
                                                              On this thing of not prosecuting him for a crime, if he outright murdered someone, took out a gun and shot someone on live TV, could he not be prosecuted then? Would it take impeachment before he could be prosecuted for it,or even then would it not be possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                ^^^^ It would be pretty moronic to think somebody is a good gf or person because they are hot. She seems completely self obsessed and I'm sure he can get another girlfriend. It was also a great way for him to get in the news.There's currently a gaming tournament on with a prize of $25,000,000 with millions of viewers and I doubt the players are letting girls get in the way haha.
                                                                First CHD and now Gary is moving on. Whats the world coming to.

Comment

On this thing of not prosecuting him for a crime, if he outright murdered someone, took out a gun and shot someone on live TV, could he not be prosecuted then? Would it take impeachment before he could be prosecuted for it,or even then would it not be possible?
                                                                  I think, but could be wrong, that it's more of a practise than a constitutional law that a sitting president is not indicted. I'd guess there's a seriousness bar.

In your hypothetical he would certainly be arrested.
                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

Comment

Hat tip for the recommendation to go see "Jimmy's hall". Great show really enjoyed it.

Comment

We went there at same time as you (2nd sept last year) and it was packed solid as its the last week before school starts here, so i'd definitely book anywhere you want to eat in the park in advance.
                                                                          That is good to know. Thought it was the weeks after schools went back so expected a bit quieter

Comment

Absolutely shameless

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                              I think, but could be wrong, that it's more of a practise than a constitutional law that a sitting president is not indicted. I'd guess there's a seriousness bar.

In your hypothetical he would certainly be arrested.
                                                                              US Department of Justice guidelines state that the President cannot be indicted. There are practical reasons for this including that he has direct command control of the United States Armed Forces, a dedicated protective branch of the US government in the Secret Service and the power to commute his own sentence if charged with a federal crime.

He also has the hangover from Crown Prerogatives and the general legal theory is that he could not be arrested for any crime. The US Constitution provides that impeachment must come before anything else.

Comment

See some lunatics covered the temple bar Somebody's Child memorial, how on earth did they think they'd get away with that!
                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

US Department of Justice guidelines state that the President cannot be indicted. There are practical reasons for this including that he has direct command control of the United States Armed Forces, a dedicated protective branch of the US government in the Secret Service and the power to commute his own sentence if charged with a federal crime.

He also has the hangover from Crown Prerogatives and the general legal theory is that he could not be arrested for any crime. The US Constitution provides that impeachment must come before anything else.
                                                                                  So in theory he could start randomly shooting people, and the secret service would either have to go against their official mandate and sworn duty, or else he could continue to keep shooting people until Congress impeached him.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                      See some lunatics covered the temple bar Somebody's Child memorial, how on earth did they think they'd get away with that!
                                                                                      That was manix Flynn, defo a lunatic but he is definitley not a fan of the church. He is putting up something else for the popes visit and I can’t wait to see what it is.

Comment

So in theory he could start randomly shooting people, and the secret service would either have to go against their official mandate and sworn duty, or else he could continue to keep shooting people until Congress impeached him.
                                                                                        I'm not an expert on this, just to be clear.

However, as I understand it the Secret Service can restrain the President in certain circumstances (for his own safety for instance).

Honestly, I think it is something so entirely beyond the pale that the US constitution never considered the possibility. The safeguard to having a lunatic president was supposed to be the electorate, the electoral college and the Senate.

When all three fail, then it's anybody's guess.

Closest we have to precedent is Vice-President Burr shooting Alexander Hamilton in 1804 in his penultimate year in office. He was actually charged but never tried and the charges were later quietly dropped.

Comment

Closest we have to precedent is Vice-President Burr shooting Alexander Hamilton in 1804 in his penultimate year in office.
                                                                                          Never came across Burr before, thats quite a story.

I guess Pence is far to ineffectual for us to be holding out any hope for him

Comment

I'm not an expert on this, just to be clear.

However, as I understand it the Secret Service can restrain the President in certain circumstances (for his own safety for instance).

Honestly, I think it is something so entirely beyond the pale that the US constitution never considered the possibility. The safeguard to having a lunatic president was supposed to be the electorate, the electoral college and the Senate.

When all three fail, then it's anybody's guess.

Closest we have to precedent is Vice-President Burr shooting Alexander Hamilton in 1804 in his penultimate year in office. He was actually charged but never tried and the charges were later quietly dropped.
                                                                                            Is it technically a military position?

I would presume there is some sort of military protocol for relieving a superior officer if he goes completely insane or is otherwise unfit for duty. Films have told me this is the case but who knows the reality.

Comment

I guess Pence is far to ineffectual for us to be holding out any hope for him
                                                                                              Pence would have the US in a handmaids tale world if he could.
                                                                                              I think he would be potentially worse tbh
                                                                                              unless your hope was he pulls a gun on Donnie, in which case not a hope

Comment

I've an Excel query that I can't figure out if anybody would know the answer please?

I have a spreadsheet with a lot of tabs. Is there a way to add in double arrows (front and back) that bring you from the 1st tab to the last tab rather than having to click on the single arrow which bring you along one tab at a time?

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                  I've an Excel query that I can't figure out if anybody would know the answer please?

I have a spreadsheet with a lot of tabs. Is there a way to add in double arrows (front and back) that bring you from the 1st tab to the last tab rather than having to click on the single arrow which bring you along one tab at a time?
                                                                                                  something like this?

Comment

Literally the plot of the musical "Hamilton" which is, in my estimation, the best stage musical I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                      Is it technically a military position?
                                                                                                      He is the commander in chief of the United States Armed Forces. That's not an honorary title either. Michael D is technically the head of the Irish Defence Forces but its subject to legislation and he has absolutely no command control.

The US President has actual command authority over the US military.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                        something like this?
                                                                                                        That works perfect, thanks - I thought you could insert double arrows but the Control and click works just as well, ta very much!

Comment

SO... the missus drags you to Britney fucking Spears

What do you do?

Well if you are from Sligo...

Obviously... watch the highlights of de Rovers win away in Limerick

Comment

He is the commander in chief of the United States Armed Forces. That's not an honorary title either. Michael D is technically the head of the Irish Defence Forces but its subject to legislation and he has absolutely no command control.

The US President has actual command authority over the US military.
                                                                                                            So in the case of being unfit for duty and being made stand down it could be done through the military rather than just the civilian impeachment?

Again not likely that the generals would do it but it does seem like the easier option, would be better pretty funny if he was Dishonorably Discharged from the military and thus not allowed to be president.

As dp said tho Pence would be worse potentially allowing the murder of black farmers in the south rather than tweeting about the murder of white farmers in South Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                              So in the case of being unfit for duty and being made stand down it could be done through the military rather than just the civilian impeachment?

Again not likely that the generals would do it but it does seem like the easier option, would be better pretty funny if he was Dishonorably Discharged from the military and thus not allowed to be president.

As dp said tho Pence would be worse potentially allowing the murder of black farmers in the south rather than tweeting about the murder of white farmers in South Africa.
                                                                                                              No, he is Commander-in-Chief by virtue of his office as President. The military has no authority over him.

Comment

You think somebody would just nudge him down a stairs or something to clear up complications and speed up the inevitable.
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                  You think somebody would just nudge him down a stairs or something to clear up complications and speed up the inevitable.

If the November elections do not result in him being a lame duck then IMO his days are numbered.

Comment

Literally the plot of the musical "Hamilton" which is, in my estimation, the best stage musical I've ever seen.
                                                                                                                    Our eldest is going to see Hamilton when she goes to London in September, she has been raving about it for a while.

Comment

If the November elections do not result in him being a lame duck then IMO his days are numbered.
                                                                                                                      How many times have you called it now?

Comment

Was out in Sandymount earlier doing the aul trail walk that leads to the poolbeg pier. There was a father and two kids on scooters slightly ahead. As we entered slightly rougher terrain on the walk the kids became a bit disgruntled as they weren't getting much momentum going on the scooters. The girl gave up efforts and cried to the dad "can you hold this for a while" to which he replied in the strongest Dublin 4 accent you can imagine, "just fock it away loike". So both kids picked up their scooters, gave them a few heave ho's and threw them off the hill and all three of them burst into hysterical laughter.

We're obscenely back!
                                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Anyone out there ever used one of those mobile phone bags that you can use in water? Needing something for the Caribbean/Miami as we don't want to leave any valuables lying around. We def want to take one of our phones for photographs though, so leaving it in the room is not the answer.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X