Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
    We were in Dublin in 2008 when pride was on. Young fella was 6 maybe? the kids were happy at their snap bracelets they got. Fast forward a week.

Tony is up in LK and I have his CV to give to my neighbours. Two guys who lived together. I had always said they were brothers, more because of the noise that was heard regular and didn't want any questions asked just yet.

I am standing with one of the blokes, Lewis walks up and casually asks if they were gay. I didn't know where to look. None of us knew where to look. I didn't want the guys think I was talking about them in the house and I explained we had been at pride in Dublin the week before
    Are they gay?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
      In fairness that is a bit of a weird outfit for anyone to wear to a presumably family friendly event.
      Weirdness?

Raise.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

And what did you want to be giving them Tony cv for!?

Comment

Best cabin bag for 2/3 day trips pls O BBV?
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
            Weirdness?

Raise.

Classic

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
              Are they gay?
              Yeah, was just caught off guard with the question as I didn't think he knew what it was.

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
              And what did you want to be giving them Tony cv for!?
              Haha, relocating to Donegal obv

Comment

With the final major of the golfing year starting Thursday, has anybody here signed up to Eleven Sport? seen as its not on Sky or BBC

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  IT luggage savage value

Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Yeah, was just caught off guard with the question as I didn't think he knew what it was.

Haha, relocating to Donegal obv
                      You can move to Donegal without giving a cv to your neighbours!?
                      Seriously still dont get it!?

Comment

:
                        Good read by the kid imo

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                          Paging Denny to thread #TSLA

What does it mean apart from bankrupting a lot of shorts?
                          popcorn.gif
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Isn't that close to 100bn to take it private? He obviously has some huge faith in him somewhere as surely he can't finance that himself.

Opr

Comment

One thing I've noticed lately is that a lot of places have cut their standard bag size from 250g to 200 - and remained at same price.

Keep a watchful eye out for such villainy.
                              It's called Smallflation and has been most vividly seen in tins of roses and Quality street at Christmas.

I've generally bought samsonite 4-wheel cases in Arnotts for c. €85, I wouldn't go back to 2 again, and the two-year warranty has proven useful so keep the receipt.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                It's called Smallflation and has been most vividly seen in tins of roses and Quality street at Christmas.
                                The next step is to reintroduce the original bag as 'family size' or similar at an inflated price. In a few months they can get rid of the smaller size again and start the process over.

Comment

I see this is page 1966 of the Moaning/Bad Beat thread, a year that has become synonymous with a bad beat for the rest of the world after the Sasnaighs won the World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                    I see this is page 1966 of the Moaning/Bad Beat thread, a year that has become synonymous with a bad beat for the rest of the world after the Sasnaighs won the World Cup.
                                    I'd guess it's not page 1966 for most regulars tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                      Yes I definitely want the left to stop recreating the second half of Road To Wigan Pier
                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                        Yes I definitely want the left to stop recreating the second half of Road To Wigan Pier
                                        it's been 40 years since i read it, you'll have to remind ne, is that that one where a narsissitic manchild turns 65 years of peace and prosperity on its head ?
                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

WTF?

Comment

Something cheap and cheerful witha hardcase and 4 wheels, this is similar to what I have:

Comment

Elon sure knows how to make that stock price go up. +11% so far, would definitely hit $420 due to mouth foaming in the end.

Any reason to you know, not just buy a load of these shares now?
                                              Also lookng at the various offerings on degiro, why such a disparity in prices from different exchanges? Why not just buy the cheaper? (noob here)
                                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 08-08-18, 00:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

I've generally bought samsonite 4-wheel cases in Arnotts for c. €85, I wouldn't go back to 2 again, and the two-year warranty has proven useful so keep the receipt.
                                                if the warranty has proven that useful how much of a recommendation is this?

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                  You can move to Donegal without giving a cv to your neighbours!?
                                                  Seriously still dont get it!?
                                                  Recruitment consultant!

Comment

This might not be what you looking for, but these to have are fantastic. When we bought they were classed as "maximum capacity hand luggage" only place on ebay with them has them classes as shopping bag.

They are great, holds everything you need for a week away. Can get loads in and they very light.
                                                    We have the grey ones and they are brilliant.
                                                    35l capacity and weighs under 1kg.

Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 08-08-18, 05:49.

Comment

All knowing BBV, I am looking for holiday insurance for my upcoming cruise in the Caribbean. I used to use insureandgo and they were really reasonable, used them for Vegas etc.

This time they are a fortune!
                                                      Anyone have any other they recommend, that isn't tied to their bank?

Thanks

Comment

All knowing BBV, I am looking for holiday insurance for my upcoming cruise in the Caribbean. I used to use insureandgo and they were really reasonable, used them for Vegas etc.

Thanks
                                                        Just use travelsupermarket to find the best deal

Comment

Comment

For two or three days surely you are better off with a duffle? It won't be taken off you in the queue like the wheeled bags are and if you can't carry it comfortably on your shoulder then you have overpacked.

I have one of these I'm quite happy with https://herschel.eu/shop/duffles/nov...10026-00055-OS

I always find there's something a bit undignified about a man wheeling around a tiny carry-on suitcase.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                Elon sure knows how to make that stock price go up. +11% so far, would definitely hit $420 due to mouth foaming in the end.

Any reason to you know, not just buy a load of these shares now?
                                                                Also lookng at the various offerings on degiro, why such a disparity in prices from different exchanges? Why not just buy the cheaper? (noob here)
                                                                If the market actually believed him it would be a lot higher.

Pretty amazing that a guy with a long history of fraud and broken promises manages to sell having even less public oversight as a positive thing for shareholders.

Can't wait for this to all unfold in years to come, gonna make a great documentary. You'd like to think in this day and age that such a level of fraud and delusion isn't possible but Theranos and Musk show how long these things can go on.

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                Isn't that close to 100bn to take it private? He obviously has some huge faith in him somewhere as surely he can't finance that himself.

Opr
                                                                70bn + 9bn in debt, for a company that's borrowed against everything, even from it's own customers, that's burning through cash, is about to lose the federal subsidy for electric cars, and which is facing more and more competition. It's crazy.

But look how long these things can go on for:

Theranos (/ˈθɛrənoʊs/) is a privately held health technology corporation[3] known for its false claims to have devised blood tests that only needed very small amounts of blood.[4][5] Founded in 2003 by then-19-year old Elizabeth Holmes,[6] Theranos raised more than US$700 million from venture capitalists and private investors,[7] resulting in a $10 billion valuation at its peak in 2013 and 2014.[8][9][10] Investors and the media hyped Theranos as a breakthrough in the large blood-testing market, where the US diagnostic-lab industry posts annual sales of over $70 billion. Theranos claimed its technology was revolutionary and that its tests required only about 1/100 to 1/1,000 of the amount of blood that would ordinarily be needed and cost far less than existing tests.

A turning point came in October 2015, when investigative reporter John Carreyrou of The Wall Street Journal questioned the validity of Theranos' technology.

In July 2016, Theranos received sanctions from the CMS, including the revocation of its CLIA certificate and prohibition of Holmes and other company officials from owning or operating a lab for two years.[13] Theranos announced it would close its laboratory operations and wellness centers to work on miniature medical testing machines.[14] In April 2017, Theranos said it had reached a settlement agreement with CMS.[15] Following the CMS sanctions, the Walgreens pharmacy chain terminated its contract with Theranos and filed a lawsuit claiming continuous breaches of contract. The suit was settled out of court, with Theranos compensating Walgreens for a much smaller amount than the claimed $140 million, reported at about $30 million.

On March 14, 2018, Theranos, Holmes, and former company president Ramesh "Sunny" Balwani were charged with "massive fraud" by the SEC.[16]
                                                                And Theranos had some sophisticated investors and board members, not like the huge amount of fan boys and retail investors that follow Musk.
                                                                Last edited by Denny Crane; 08-08-18, 08:01.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                  Are u shorting it Denny?
                                                                  Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                  Tell us more please?
                                                                  Yesterday another good example of why despite thinking that Tesla is going to zero I've been holding off. Musk is just so good

Comment

Mrs is on a few weeks hols and went down to the sticks with me to follow Friday.

She was taking a video with the kids and selection of her parents, aunts, uncles etc when the young lad pipes up "the zip is broken on my ducking jacket mammy"...

Mother in law "what did you say?"

2yo.."ducking jacket"

MIL.. "thats a silly word, we wont say that"

2yo.."daddy says it"

Daddys in ducking trouble on Friday id say.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane
                                                                      Would be the greatest short squeeze of all time, genius if he can pull it off.
                                                                      Any decent spots to read a bit more on details?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                        Mrs is on a few weeks hols and went down to the sticks with me to follow Friday.

She was taking a video with the kids and selection of her parents, aunts, uncles etc when the young lad pipes up "the zip is broken on my ducking jacket mammy"...

2yo.."ducking jacket"

2yo.."daddy says it"

Why is he not saying fucking jacket?
                                                                        Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                          Why is he not saying fucking jacket?
                                                                          Coz hes 2 i guess and cant pronounce it correctly. I'll work on it over the weekend for you and report back.

Comment

Been discussing this on a Scottish debating forum. Interesting to hear everyone's thoughts.

Comment

Thanks
                                                                              I pretty much never get travel insurance, other than for skiing holidays - anyone else the same, or does everyone get insurance?

Just feel like medical insurance abroad is the most important aspect of it, and that's already covered if you have private health insurance.

Comment

Been discussing this on a Scottish debating forum. Interesting to hear everyone's thoughts.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/primar...cide-1-4779133
                                                                                I think being too proactive and actually going out asking young children to consider these issues isn't necessary and will lead to more problems than solutions. For this issue that impacts a tiny % of the population, surely being reactive to the handful of children that have questions is much better than bringing it to the attention of every single young kid out there?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

2yo.."ducking jacket"

2yo.."daddy says it"

My kids love the word 'gobshite' and use it liberally.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                    I pretty much never get travel insurance, other than for skiing holidays - anyone else the same, or does everyone get insurance?

Just feel like medical insurance abroad is the most important aspect of it, and that's already covered if you have private health insurance.
                                                                                    My worry is something happening in the US and not having it. And on a cruise ship if god forbid something happens.

I think being too proactive and actually going out asking young children to consider these issues isn't necessary and will lead to more problems than solutions. For this issue that impacts a tiny % of the population, surely being reactive to the handful of children that have questions is much better than bringing it to the attention of every single young kid out there?
                                                                                    Totally, unless they ask or say, then don't! leave to the parents discretion maybe.

Comment

My worry is something happening in the US and not having it. And on a cruise ship if god forbid something happens.

Totally, unless they ask or say, then don't! leave to the parents discretion maybe.
                                                                                      Did you get revolut? Premium comes with travel insurance.

Girls play with dolls, boys play with guns and are mean to girls they like is bad teaching that clearly leads to issues. I don't know where the line is but change seems good. There has obviously been some movement anyway with Disney princesses no longer waiting for someone to come and kiss them while they sleep etc. Seems good that it's being debated and also looks like a bit of scaremongering from tabloids and the usual suspects on worst case scenarios.

Comment

My kids love the word 'gobshite' and use it liberally.
                                                                                        Call me old fashioned if you like but I think they should call you Daddy or something more respectful

Comment

...

Comment

If you were to discuss teaching religion to kids if it had never been done before it would be very easy to fill the papers with news that we are going to be teaching 5 year olds about some of the darkest weirdest shit in the bible but that's obviously not how it works.

Comment

I used to never get it but Mrs Lao Lao has insisted on it for every holiday we've ever gone on together, was a bit suspicious at first, especially when we were near the edge of cliffs

I suppose it's a small price to pay for peace of mind

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                  I used to never get it but Mrs Lao Lao has insisted on it for every holiday we've ever gone on together, was a bit suspicious at first, especially when we were near the edge of cliffs

I suppose it's a small price to pay for peace of mind
                                                                                                  We travel so much that it was easier to buy a multi-trip policy with the AA. Didn't get US cover as it's not on our radar but they offer that too.
                                                                                                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                    Did you get revolut? Premium comes with travel insurance.

Girls play with dolls, boys play with guns and are mean to girls they like is bad teaching that clearly leads to issues. I don't know where the line is but change seems good. There has obviously been some movement anyway with Disney princesses no longer waiting for someone to come and kiss them while they sleep etc. Seems good that it's being debated and also looks like a bit of scaremongering from tabloids and the usual suspects on worst case scenarios.
                                                                                                    I have a revolut business account, so not sure if that applies there. yes, the account is in my name etc as a company Director, but not used it properly yet.

Comment

I'd wager it's not just US politics that has been impacted

Take the Trump-lite from across the water saying women in burkas look like bank robbers or post boxes
                                                                                                      and now wont apologise for saying it
                                                                                                      The former foreign secretary stands by his remarks despite the Tory chairman telling him to apologise.

Boris gets front page exposure for saying something stupid, idiots lap it up because he is just "saying what we all think". The tolerant view is seen as the enemy telling people how to think, and before you know it British politics is no longer a debate about Brexit, taxes, worker's rights, the economy etc but a pitched battle between tolerance and intolerance, and the actual important stuff is no longer deemed worthy of discussion.

The notion of politics has changed from who has the best ideas to who has the best soundbite, be it stupid or not.

It's fucking infuriating.
                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                        Call me old fashioned if you like but I think they should call you Daddy or something more respectful
                                                                                                        The day must be coming soon where your adorable young lad decides to try out the idea of calling you a 'fucker'.

Call me back then.

Comment

Tesla is childs play next to the VW short squeeze of 2008.

The Hunt Bros silver short squeeze is a decent contender even if it ended in disaster for them. (not the best article on the issue, but Beyond Greed is a brilliant read on it.)
                                                                                                          The first of those was tremendous entertainment!

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                                            We travel so much that it was easier to buy a multi-trip policy with the AA. Didn't get US cover as it's not on our radar but they offer that too.
                                                                                                            Yeah, we changed to yearly after the first 18 months or so as it was less hassle and better value. Think we did one through the VHI and then Allianz.

Comment

The day must be coming soon where your adorable young lad decides to try out the idea of calling you a 'fucker'.

Call me back then.
                                                                                                              I'm sure he will and I will be agast. It's his younger brother I'm more concerned about . He bypasses such pleasantries and just loafs me.
                                                                                                              I expect death by misadventure long before I join SP in his retirement village.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                I'd wager it's not just US politics that has been impacted

Take the Trump-lite from across the water saying women in burkas look like bank robbers or post boxes
                                                                                                                and now wont apologise for saying it
                                                                                                                The former foreign secretary stands by his remarks despite the Tory chairman telling him to apologise.

Boris gets front page exposure for saying something stupid, idiots lap it up because he is just "saying what we all think". The tolerant view is seen as the enemy telling people how to think, and before you know it British politics is no longer a debate about Brexit, taxes, worker's rights, the economy etc but a pitched battle between tolerance and intolerance, and the actual important stuff is no longer deemed worthy of discussion.

The notion of politics has changed from who has the best ideas to who has the best soundbite, be it stupid or not.

It's fucking infuriating.
                                                                                                                In fairness the tolerant view thinks that teaching kids that they can pick their gender is a good idea while parents are spending their time trying to teach boundary’s.

Comment

Call me back then.
                                                                                                                  My 2 year old has started saying bye bye poo poo head as I head off to work.
                                                                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Signed up to Eleven Sports on Android for the PGA. I see people crying in the reviews that Chromecast / Smart TV support is not available yet. Can anyone confirm? This is commercial suicide if so. The option to cast your screen may be there but I, like everyone else, likes to respond to messages, take calls and arse on here and Twitter when watching 8 hours of straight Golf.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                                      Signed up to Eleven Sports on Android for the PGA. I see people crying in the reviews that Chromecast / Smart TV support is not available yet. Can anyone confirm? This is commercial suicide if so. The option to cast your screen may be there but I, like everyone else, likes to respond to messages, take calls and arse on here and Twitter when watching 8 hours of straight Golf.
                                                                                                                      1st 2 rounds free on Facebook

Comment

Speaking of Coffee, this is a decent Bargain - https://www.coffeeclick.ie/product/l...modo-mio-minu/

LOVECOFFEE10 for another 10r off.

€24 is a steal.

€6 delivery charge or buy pods to bring you up to the free delivery mark.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                                          In fairness the tolerant view thinks that teaching kids that they can pick their gender is a good idea while parents are spending their time trying to teach boundary’s.
                                                                                                                          I think you have missed my point.
                                                                                                                          2nd paragraph probably does it more succinctly.
                                                                                                                          either left or right, the views need to be radical to be heard and so balanced views and actual important points about education, health, tax etc etc etc are lost.
                                                                                                                          Is it more important we talk about education standards and improving methods of teaching
                                                                                                                          or telling preschoolers they can choose their gender? Obviously one is a radical view and as such garners media attention, clicks and views and the important one is pushed aside for another day.
                                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X