Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
    Don't even have a notch for this one
    Moscow has appointed US actor Steven Seagal as a special envoy, dealing with humanitarian links with the United States, the Russian foreign ministry has announced.
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
      The only sport that exists due to a missunderstanding of the written down rules

Supposed to be fun if you're really really good at it though!

It is singularly too cold to be shite at running around to even pretend to enjoy anything other than elite sport in Donegal
      They did basketball just and athletics. I was not impressed with what they had to offer. I was kind of spoiled in Scotland (weather crap there too!)
      Had a girls gym, boys gym, swimming pool. Athletic tracks including shot put and long jump pits etc. Football and rugby pitches and a games hall where we trained for high jump, played badminton, basketball, volleyball, tennis (had outdoor court too) and many other things. Loved PE!

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
      I meant from a spectator's pov. Netball just seems like basketball with all the stuff that makes it a good game taken out.
      In my opinion it is more skillful as the rules make it harder. I loved netball and would love to play again, recently found there is a ladies team in malta near me, once I get my ticker sorted out I may enquire

Comment

The hockey girls are due to be in Dame Street at 3pm for anyone around or interested

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
          The hockey girls are due to be in Dame Street at 3pm for anyone around or interested
          Heading in with kids in a while.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
            They did basketball just and athletics. I was not impressed with what they had to offer. I was kind of spoiled in Scotland (weather crap there too!)
            Had a girls gym, boys gym, swimming pool. Athletic tracks including shot put and long jump pits etc. Football and rugby pitches and a games hall where we trained for high jump, played badminton, basketball, volleyball, tennis (had outdoor court too) and many other things. Loved PE!
            I'm guessing that by 'in Scotland' you mean a suburb of Glasgow, you can't really expect the same facilities in a school/community there to be provided in a backwater town in one of the least populated counties of Ireland. Ultimately it's part of the trade off you make of rural v urban living.

But its true sports facilities are generally terrible in Ireland outside Dublin and it's something that governments and councils have managed to get away with.
            To an extent its (unfairly) a 'blame the GAA' thing - they commendably organised themselves to build their own club facilities everywhere but that led to the councils saying to other sports 'why don't you do the same and stop looking for money from us'. But realistically a stand-alone tennis club or athletics track isn't going to be sustainable in 99% of Irish towns.

Whereas in Western Europe I think they tended to use the council/community model so every 10K town in France you pass through seems to have a 10 acre site with a rugby pitch, soccer pitches, outdoor courts for tennis/basketball, a basic running track, bowling area etc and a big shared indoor centre. A much more efficient use of resources than everyone building their own site.
            Maybe I'm wrong and it was just like that in the few town of France/Spain I've been in. Shrap?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
              I'm guessing that by 'in Scotland' you mean a suburb of Glasgow, you can't really expect the same facilities in a school/community there to be provided in a backwater town in one of the least populated counties of Ireland. Ultimately it's part of the trade off you make of rural v urban living.

But its true sports facilities are generally terrible in Ireland outside Dublin and it's something that governments and councils have managed to get away with.
              To an extent its (unfairly) a 'blame the GAA' thing - they commendably organised themselves to build their own club facilities everywhere but that led to the councils saying to other sports 'why don't you do the same and stop looking for money from us'. But realistically a stand-alone tennis club or athletics track isn't going to be sustainable in 99% of Irish towns.

Whereas in Western Europe I think they tended to use the council/community model so every 10K town in France you pass through seems to have a 10 acre site with a rugby pitch, soccer pitches, outdoor courts for tennis/basketball, a basic running track, bowling area etc and a big shared indoor centre. A much more efficient use of resources than everyone building their own site.
              Maybe I'm wrong and it was just like that in the few town of France/Spain I've been in. Shrap?
              it's actually a lot less than that re entitlement. any commune of 2000+ is entitled to sports facilities, usually a "salle polyvalente"which is one of those massive and cheap halls which caters for about 20 different sports, plus is used for social events etc, and you're right, most villages would have a couple of tennis courts and a run down football pitch on the outskirts.

Saw the same in every village in Spain as well.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                it's actually a lot less than that re entitlement. any commune of 2000+ is entitled to sports facilities, usually a "salle polyvalente"which is one of those massive and cheap halls which caters for about 20 different sports, plus is used for social events etc, and you're right, most villages would have a couple of tennis courts and a run down football pitch on the outskirts.

Saw the same in every village in Spain as well.
                That's because you actually pay meaningful property taxes in those countries, which are partly ploughed back into facilities such as those you mention.

But apparently such ideas are insane in Ireland....

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

In Scotland, all schools would have had those sports on their curriculum. We had a pool so that was different, other schools did lessons at the local baths back in the day but myprimary school which was located next door had lessons from the second last year so we could all swim prior to starting.

There are great sporting facilities at the secondary schools here. They do many of the same things we did at school. They do swimming at the national swimming pool for lessons as well.

No clue about othr Countries, but that is Scotland and Malta

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                      He's gone fully unraveled. Doubling down on the pedo stuff
                      Musk with his son, and eh girlfriend.

Comment

4 days left for IPB FPL entries...

...also running a draft version (€20 entry, winner takes all) only 4 spots left and only open for entries for another 24 hours.

click on the link in my sig for full details of league spots and entries
                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

While the picture makes her look much younger, she is 30 so hardly adds to unraveling.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                            While the picture makes her look much younger, she is 30 so hardly adds to unraveling.

Opr
                            Ya, true, but at the same time, maybe don't go screaming pedo when your 30yr old girlfriend looks about 15 and is 17 years younger than you already

Comment

This 200 lap cycling relay race is confusing.

Comment

Seems strange to me to hold one position on Musk - him being a complete fraud and then the opposite on Trump - a proven fraudster.

This is just my opinion, but I do think that many of Musk's projects and initiatives can result in making the world a better place. I wouldn't think of him as being perfect by any means.

I just think it's hard to square the disdain with which you hold for Musk and the lack of it for which you hold towards Trump. Just my opinion though.

Trump is a repulsive and morally repugnant human being with very few redeeming features, if any. Can't imagine holding Musk in the same regard though.

Comment

Opr
                                  I thought the problem was that she looked like a ginger.
                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

One fucked up looking hand on her

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                      Seems strange to me to hold one position on Musk - him being a complete fraud and then the opposite on Trump - a proven fraudster.

This is just my opinion, but I do think that many of Musk's projects and initiatives can result in making the world a better place. I wouldn't think of him as being perfect by any means.

I just think it's hard to square the disdain with which you hold for Musk and the lack of it for which you hold towards Trump. Just my opinion though.

Trump is a repulsive and morally repugnant human being with very few redeeming features, if any. Can't imagine holding Musk in the same regard though.
                                      I see it as Denny feeling he should be the antidote to the prevalent thinking here. We love musk, we hate Trump. On that note, what happened to Jack?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                        Heading in with kids in a while.
                                        That was a nice event. Only bum note was Shane Ross.

Girls had clearly celebrated well!

Comment

That was a nice event. Only bum note was Shane Ross.

Girls had clearly celebrated well!
                                          This is Raouls understated way of saying they were in a jocker lads.

SPOILER
                                          [IMG]https://static.gofugyourself.com/uploads/2016/11/the-crown-recap-season-1-episode-4-7.40.03-PM-1200x664.png
                                          [/IMG]

SPOILER
                                          Girls had clearly celebrated well

Comment

Hockey girls giving it the full Ole Ole Ole on the news there. Why do Irish people persist with that shite after all this time. It's the same at any concert or large gathering of people. Pure stupidity.

Comment

Hockey girls giving it the full Ole Ole Ole on the news there. Why do Irish people persist with that shite after all this time. It's the same at any concert or large gathering of people. Pure stupidity.
                                              I'm sure you find stuff to moan about when Kerry win Sam.

Comment

'Chef of the century' Joel Robuchon is dead at 73.

Funnily enough i didn't really like his famed mashed potatoes - too watery for me.

Some feed in his Las Vegas establishment though.

Comment

I'm sure you find stuff to moan about when Kerry win Sam.
                                                  Yeah, usually when the rose of tralee gets blasted out through the pa system. Another terrible song

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                    On that note, what happened to Jack?
                                                    I think he decided it was too hostile in general here for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                      4 days left for IPB FPL entries...

...also running a draft version (€20 entry, winner takes all) only 4 spots left and only open for entries for another 24 hours.

click on the link in my sig for full details of league spots and entries
                                                      I'll take a draft spot depending on what day the draft is on? Will sort you on with money in the next few days!

Comment

Great to have my annual BBV catch up.

Comment

Yeah...you think you have an issue with it !
                                                          Last edited by oleras; 06-08-18, 22:45.
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                            Yeah...you think you have an issue with it !

Comment

Anywhere online in Ireland/UK to order a small bag of decent coffee?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                We are not your average coffee roaster or cafe. We put an insane amount of energy into sourcing environmentally friendly packaging and applying best practice to everything we do. We are focused on providing consistent next level coffee that you won't find in most places. We only use traceable speciality grade coffee.

Small roasters in Clane supplying a few places, slightly more expensive than a few more well known roasters such as 3fe, cloud picker but definitely worth it. I probably buy a bag every ten days, bob o link is their standard which is really nice

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                    https://pscoffeeroasters.ie/our-coffees/

Small roasters in Clane supplying a few places, slightly more expensive than a few more well known roasters such as 3fe, cloud picker but definitely worth it. I probably buy a bag every ten days, bob o link is their standard which is really nice
                                                                    One thing I've noticed lately is that a lot of places have cut their standard bag size from 250g to 200 - and remained at same price.

Keep a watchful eye out for such villainy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                      This coffee is excellent from Hackney Coffee Company, you can order it to parcel motel for £1.50 + parcel motel fee otherwise shipping is £18
                                                                      Our stunning and versatile E2 venue offers the perfect backdrop to your event. From weddings to corporate days, you can hire The Hackney for any event.

I buy it every time I'm in London for a friend here. It changes seasonally but is always excellent. Also if you visit the place in hackney they do great cocktails and aren't afraid to go off menu.

It's the dreaded 200g bags though

Comment

Does Google maps use Dublin Bus real time info or the schedule?

Comment

Comment

Best way to get to red cow hotel? M50 South bound or our that other road where you have to turn around etc
                                                                            Have to be there no later than 8.15 am in morning. Leaving Newbridge at 7.15 ok?
                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                              Best way to get to red cow hotel? M50 South bound or our that other road where you have to turn around etc
                                                                              Have to be there no later than 8.15 am in morning. Leaving Newbridge at 7.15 ok?
                                                                              Get off M50 @ Ballymount. Left at the exit., left at the roundabout.
                                                                              You'll be there 90 seconds after you've left the M50.

Comment

Does Google maps use Dublin Bus real time info or the schedule?
                                                                                i'd imagine real time, just like citymapper does

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                  Interesting paragraph from a book I'm reading, especially the last bit as the first bit is obvious.
                                                                                  What book is that?

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                    If you are coming up the M7 you have to go past the M50 roundabout and get into the Left lane for turning on to the Long Mile road and loop around back on to the Naas road.
                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                      What book is that?
                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Fucking hell, I can't even ...

German couple who sold son to paedophiles on darknet jailed

Comment

Meanwhile some provo idiot on Twitter associates pride parade with peadophilia while unironically having PH Pearse as his profile pic

Comment

In fairness that is a bit of a weird outfit for anyone to wear to a presumably family friendly event.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                              In fairness that is a bit of a weird outfit for anyone to wear to a presumably family friendly event.
                                                                                              not sure how it is in Ireland, but a pride march is always full of drag queens in full regalia and men in skimpy leather shorts or outfits. Very family friendly atmosphere, but not always for child viewing (nothing sordid either, but will generate a lot of questions you may not want to answer just yet ).

Comment

not sure how it is in Ireland, but a pride march is always full of drag queens in full regalia and men in skimpy leather shorts or outfits. Very family friendly atmosphere, but not always for child viewing (nothing sordid either, but will generate a lot of questions you may not want to answer just yet ).
                                                                                                These two things don't go together.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Others on trial included a 44-year-old German who was given access to rape the boy but was prevented by the mother from carrying out his wish to kill him.

Comment

Depends on the family?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                      These two things don't go together.
                                                                                                      you think a 6-10 year old kid sees a difference between someone in a tight leather short and a speedo (other than seeing poor dress sense in both)? kids couldn't care less, it bothers some parents moreso
                                                                                                      Last edited by shrapnel; 07-08-18, 13:47.

Comment

you think a 6-10 year old kid sees a difference between someone in a tight leather short and a speedo (other than seeing poor dress sense in both)?
                                                                                                        I'd worry if they didn't..

Comment

You can't say the word Speedo without the word Peedo .

Comment

...

Comment

Meanwhile some provo idiot on Twitter associates pride parade with peadophilia while unironically having PH Pearse as his profile pic

Looking over the timeline, I'd imagine this guy is still in if not just out of his teens.
                                                                                                              He's a bit all over the map in his ideology
                                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Maybe he's reclaiming the pedophile term. And he just means people who really love kids
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

The likes of him would have been an ignored no-mark gowl pre the invention of twitter/facebook, I fail to see why he is not an ignored no-mark gowl post...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                    It's very good. About 60% through it in two days. A ropey opening chapter, but then grows into itself very nicely.
                                                                                                                    The increasing number of threads on Reddit from people who have found ways to almost entirely automate their work is quite funny. The problem is they generally still need to clock in and out so they spend the day meaninglessly doing nothing. I read his essay on which the book is based many years ago. Must pick up a copy of the book. The larger ideas of social control and how we have developed a belief system where work is an end in itself regardless of value to society are the most interesting parts of the picture.

Opr

Comment

The increasing number of threads on Reddit from people who have found ways to almost entirely automate their work is quite funny. The problem is they generally still need to clock in and out so they spend the day meaninglessly doing nothing. I read his essay on which the book is based many years ago. Must pick up a copy of the book. The larger ideas of social control and how we have developed a belief system where work is an end in itself regardless of value to society are the most interesting parts of the picture.

Opr

The ruling class has figured out that a happy and productive population with free time on their hands is a mortal danger
                                                                                                                      Kinda find this angle hard to take seriously.

Comment

Comment

We were in Dublin in 2008 when pride was on. Young fella was 6 maybe? the kids were happy at their snap bracelets they got. Fast forward a week.

Tony is up in LK and I have his CV to give to my neighbours. Two guys who lived together. I had always said they were brothers, more because of the noise that was heard regular and didn't want any questions asked just yet.

I am standing with one of the blokes, Lewis walks up and casually asks if they were gay. I didn't know where to look. None of us knew where to look. I didn't want the guys think I was talking about them in the house and I explained we had been at pride in Dublin the week before

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X