Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    Could be something to do with building regs that made them put in just the one pipe but you can just fit a T piece to it and run both.
    Is there not a hot fill for the Washing machine either ?
    Don't most washing machines only have cold water pipes now?

Comment

Delayed for 5 hours on the short flight from Derry to Scotland. My pal sent me the link to claim compensation. Filled it in Saturday and got the email today to say they paying me €750 into the bank.

Flying home tomorrow, funking for a 3 hour delay

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
        Don't most washing machines only have cold water pipes now?
        Thats right, my washing ,machine expertise is 30 years out of date
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
          Delayed for 5 hours on the short flight from Derry to Scotland. My pal sent me the link to claim compensation. Filled it in Saturday and got the email today to say they paying me €750 into the bank.

That was quick. Could you post the link please, I've a couple of delayed flights from last year I've been meaning to chase up but forgot about until your post!

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
            Stopping into beshoffs Clontarf and sitting at the waterfront to eat it was a fantastic way to spend an hour.
            Did the same on Sunday, 'twas a great way to chill out. Gave Elbows a shout on the way down to see if he was about and he was out that way with the family so he gave me a tour of the potatoe room, it's absolutely class!

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
              Did the same on Sunday, 'twas a great way to chill out. Gave Elbows a shout on the way down to see if he was about and he was out that way with the family so he gave me a tour of the potatoe room, it's absolutely class!
              Glad you enjoyed the tour.
              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                Originally posted by elbows View Post
                Glad you enjoyed the tour.
                I take back what I said about dubs being sound. Yer a bunch of cunce

Comment

FB value just dropped 100BN

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                    No difference for you. Huge difference for businesses / military / science etc.
                    Can you give examples, genuinely curious.
                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                        An headline from eight hours earlier: "Facebook hits an all-time high ahead of earnings". Oohh that's going to sting the FAANG nutters.
                        ...I'd imagine the insider trading was through the fucking roof in this one...

Comment

An headline from eight hours earlier: "Facebook hits an all-time high ahead of earnings". Oohh that's going to sting the FAANG nutters.
                          A few people in work talking about our share price hitting an all time high. A few with the "if it hits X I can retire" and they're not too far off, 2.5x in <2 years.

I assume the optimal is max out investment at the discount and offload asap.

Comment

Interesting poker mud slinging contest going on at the moment between JNandez and Doug Polk/Upswingpoker.

Very quick cliffs:
                            • JNandez starts making PLO videos for Upswing.
                            • Towards the end, he gets a bit pissed off at the deal he has, and how Joey Ingram is getting a huge piece of the piece through his affiliate signups.
                            • In the ~14 months he was there, he made ~$220k but believes he is owed another ~$100k
                            • Decides to quit, and releases a video talking about his situation.
                            • Doug Polk hits back in typical Doug Polk style categorically denying this, and posts contracts, bank statements, chat logs etc and says JNandez also broke his contract and he will be seeking legal advice.
                            • JNandez calls out Doug saying he made up the numbers and it's not true, and challenges him to a 50k boxing match, and to stop being a bitch hiding behind the camera.
                            • JNandez owes some oulwan for 100 hours work making scarves
                            • Neither Polk nor JNandez come out of it really any better off, but it's been interesting following it.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

In the airport, about to fly out to New York for 5 nights. 3 days at Panorama and then a couple of days to relax / recover.

Sure it's 5 o'clock somewhere in the world, be rude not to!

SPOILER

Comment

New 2 hour Deadwood episode, might please some here.
                                HBO‘s Deadwood reunion movie is at long last a go. HBO president Casey Bloys announced Wednesday at the Television Critics Assoc. summer press tour that the long-gestatating project will, as TVLine first reported last year, begin shooting this fall. “We are greenlit on the Deadwood movie,” he said. “We’re looking at an October start date. It has […]

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                  Interesting poker mud slinging contest going on at the moment between JNandez and Doug Polk/Upswingpoker.

Very quick cliffs:
                                  • JNandez starts making PLO videos for Upswing.
                                  • Towards the end, he gets a bit pissed off at the deal he has, and how Joey Ingram is getting a huge piece of the piece through his affiliate signups.
                                  • In the ~14 months he was there, he made ~$220k but believes he is owed another ~$100k
                                  • Decides to quit, and releases a video talking about his situation.
                                  • Doug Polk hits back in typical Doug Polk style categorically denying this, and posts contracts, bank statements, chat logs etc and says JNandez also broke his contract and he will be seeking legal advice.
                                  • JNandez calls out Doug saying he made up the numbers and it's not true, and challenges him to a 50k boxing match, and to stop being a bitch hiding behind the camera.
                                  • JNandez owes some oulwan for 100 hours work making scarves
                                  • Neither Polk nor JNandez come out of it really any better off, but it's been interesting following it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjQwPTWdMpE
                                  Is this the poker version of traveller fight videos calling each other out?

Comment

Is this the poker version of traveller fight videos calling each other out?

You don't see it too often (Lex Veldhuis fought Elky in kickboxing, and Olivier Busquest fought JC Alvarado in an MMA cage fight i know of), but the boxing challenge smacks of self-promotion from JNan and i seriously doubt Polk will entertain him.

JNandez disabled likes/dislikes and comments on his youtube video so you have to assume he was worried about the backlash. It's good to see, from a business POV, the breakdown from Polk about how much money he pays for content, the contract he writes and the terms etc

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post

link please?
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

People who post pictures of themselves having "obligatory airport pints" would be the first against the wall for me.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                            People who post pictures of themselves having "obligatory airport pints" would be the first against the wall for me.
                                            Make sure you have the passport in the photo with the boarding card just sticking out so the destination can be seen. Cunt posting 101
                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                              Dunno why you spend so much time following it
                                              Maybe ask my friends and colleagues who had to go back to a Tehran this week where the Mullah's have been strengthened and all hope drained from the people by his unilateral reneging on the nuclear deal and the defacto war he has declared on them.

Them or the 400 children still in custody, cruelly separated from the parents he deported without any due process and still separate today in defiance of a court order to reunite them.

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                              Super Cliffs;
                                              National Enquirer hired playboy model to do columns out of the blue. Turns out there was a bit of a scheme going on with trump and cohen paying them to pay her so she wouldnt go public about their affair. Of course he has denied everything until now.
                                              And of course it doesnt matter.

@Denny: I can't help it, I have TDS. We are living in extraordinary times.
                                              Freedland had an article yesterday with the headline "The latest Trump scandal would have destroyed any other president
                                              ". Only giving it a brief thought I came up with a half a dozen specific things from the past month that he could be talking about. Kidnapping and torturing children would have been close to the top of the list and paying off playboy models right down the bottom.
                                              But hey its the fucking playboy models that play worst with the collaborators!

This weeks lowlight is the editing of transcripts and videos to edit out of the record Putin's answers that Trump lied about later.
                                              Nothing matters, facts are lies and lies from the POTUS are fact, we are now living deep in the reality of unspeak.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                Nothing matters, facts are lies and lies from the POTUS are fact, we are now living deep in the reality of unspeak.
                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Apartment signed. Thats an hour saved each morning and evening hefting kids around on buses and footpaths. Will assign the time productively for sleep. Although am now 40 minutes away from work as opposed to 10 mins, so might have to cut back the visits to the workplace if this is to work out as an overall win.
                                                  40 minutes is the perfect distance imo. Kinda counts as exercise and gives you alone time to listen to a podcast.

Comment

Camile Thai have €3 vegan mains all day today instead of €13, whole work ordered. Sweet deal! Got an aul pad thai sitting in the fridge for tomorrow too.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                      that's some Orwellian shit right there.

I do sometimes feel I'm a little hyperbolic about all of this but I think it's important not to suffer outrage fatigue. I know personally I can have no effect on us politics really but it jars me daily, in a witnessing the fall of Rome kinda way
                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Excel question. I have a table of data, answer to questions all yes/no.
                                                        I have data validation for a drop down y/n in each cell.

For each question I would like to have a percentage of yes/no at bottom.

Is there an easier way than assigning a value of one to each answer and pivot table at the end?
                                                        This can only really be done when all data is gathered. I would prefer a "live" percentage like a formula would give, as I'm setting it up for somebody who doesn't understand any of the above
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                          Camile Thai have €3 vegan mains all day today instead of €13, whole work ordered. Sweet deal! Got an aul pad thai sitting in the fridge for tomorrow too.
                                                          What replaces the eggs out of curiosity?
                                                          airport, lol

Comment

slap on the wrist for mcgregor 5 days community service and anger managemnet course, expect something to be announced regarding khabib soon, although i couldnt give a bollix about him anymore.

Comment

that's some Orwellian shit right there.

I do sometimes feel I'm a little hyperbolic about all of this but I think it's important not to suffer outrage fatigue. I know personally I can have no effect on us politics really but it jars me daily, in a witnessing the fall of Rome kinda way
                                                              Meh.... its half the indie lyrics of the late 80's and 90's

old news!

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                slap on the wrist for mcgregor 5 days community service and anger managemnet course, expect something to be announced regarding khabib soon, although i couldnt give a bollix about him anymore.
                                                                The UFC have fucked themselves with the full on WWE shit since the takeover, they need to make back the money and will attract that crowd for a bit but...

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                  Shit tons of estrogen

Comment

Always...

Always first!

SPOILER
                                                                    4 in a row... hitch would be proud

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                      The UFC have fucked themselves with the full on WWE shit since the takeover, they need to make back the money and will attract that crowd for a bit but...
                                                                      agreed im just not interested in seeing conor fight again its been way too long but very possible i get sucked into the hype train again looking forward to this weekends card should be really good

Comment

No idea! Never made a pad thai and didn't eat it yet! Had a great one in Cook Daily in London but couldn't tell you what was in it tbh.
                                                                        I had the pad prik haeng today which was quite nice.

Comment

The Beto O'Rourke hype train is really taking over Texas, he's only 2 points behind which is unheard of, (IMO if he does win the senate seat, he will be president nominee). The cities are sprawling at an astonishing rate so he should win all of them easily except for the permian basin and up into amarillo.

Conservative friends I know are upset with Trump, Ted Cruz and the way things are going he might be able to break away those traditional republicans and squeak out a win if its not too gerrymandered.

Texans really hate being told what to do, they dislike wearing seatbelts for instance, they dislike being used and made fools off such as the FB fake news and Cruz being Cruz

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                            Anyone interested in another Music King? I'm happy to run it
                                                                            I solved that.
                                                                            "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                            "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                              No idea! Never made a pad thai and didn't eat it yet! Had a great one in Cook Daily in London but couldn't tell you what was in it tbh.
                                                                              I had the pad prik haeng today which was quite nice.
                                                                              Do you eat shellfish? Tom Yum soup with noodles is the one. Most Thai dishes work well with tofu anyway.
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

My expensive food boner has just gone off the charts

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                                                                                  I solved that.

Comment

Warms the cockles

Comment

Fucking Ryanair cunce, ugh, cunce.

Got to payment page and made a mistake with the PayPal password, it brought me back but the page had all errors, I hit refresh and didn't fix it, hit the back button and fucking thing cleared everything and brought me right back to the start.

Flights have now gone from €570 to €690. Wtf?

If I use a different computer tomorrow will they still fuck me?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                        Fucking Ryanair cunce, ugh, cunce.

Got to payment page and made a mistake with the PayPal password, it brought me back but the page had all errors, I hit refresh and didn't fix it, hit the back button and fucking thing cleared everything and brought me right back to the start.

Flights have now gone from €570 to €690. Wtf?

If I use a different computer tomorrow will they still fuck me?
                                                                                        Use incognito mode now to check. Should be the same as a different computer.

Comment

Use incognito mode now to check. Should be the same as a different computer.
                                                                                          Yep, and use Lastpass or something for passwords!!

Comment

Cheers guys, I'll try.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

You don't see it too often (Lex Veldhuis fought Elky in kickboxing, and Olivier Busquest fought JC Alvarado in an MMA cage fight i know of), but the boxing challenge smacks of self-promotion from JNan and i seriously doubt Polk will entertain him.
                                                                                              How could you forget Gus Hansen vs Theo Jorgensen, especially with Gus' entrance in a wheelchair and Culture Clubs Do you really want to hurt me playing.

Comment

Vegans, Bankers, Feminists!

Comment

Yahoo, it worked, cheers lads.

Was actually cheaper.

Feels like I stole from those cunce, and it feels good.

Comment

Was actually cheaper.

That is genuinely fucking amazing. That cannot be legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                                                                                      That is genuinely fucking amazing. That cannot be legal.
                                                                                                      I'm surprised what they're at is legal tbh. Yeah it's still cheaper now to get a family of four to Spain than it was years ago blah blah blah, but using algorithms to fuck people over is scumbaggery.

It was actually much more of a thieving than I had said, went from €507 to €690.

Ended up paying €465. Saving is due to me scrutinising their hand baggage and baby gear policies while fuming.

Was happily paying them an unnessesary €42 the first time around. Feels good.
                                                                                                      Last edited by Lazare; 26-07-18, 22:09.

Comment

Was actually cheaper.

...Insert rubbing extra $$$ on tits GIF here...

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                                                                                          Vegans, Bankers, Feminists!
                                                                                                          There'd be only you and me left.

Comment

Was actually cheaper.

Well played 5starlaz

Comment

...
                                                                                                              Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 26-07-18, 22:54.

Comment

They were bottles m8, not pints. Wouldn't lower myself to that level.

Comment

Was actually cheaper.

I'm on Ryanair daily.... Booked futureventua again for Sept 120 odd return. Went in through app every day at least 3 times price didn't change. Boom. 3rd hol coming up.
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Excel question. I have a table of data, answer to questions all yes/no.
                                                                                                                    I have data validation for a drop down y/n in each cell.

For each question I would like to have a percentage of yes/no at bottom.

Is there an easier way than assigning a value of one to each answer and pivot table at the end?
                                                                                                                    This can only really be done when all data is gathered. I would prefer a "live" percentage like a formula would give, as I'm setting it up for somebody who doesn't understand any of the above
                                                                                                                    Hitch shaming me ;pac:

quick answer but would something like this help?
                                                                                                                    Assuming answers are in column B
                                                                                                                    Code:
                                                                                                                    =IF(A$1$="Q1",COUNTIF(B2:B100,"Y")/COUNTA(B2:B100),0)
                                                                                                                    then do the same for Q2 q3 etc?

Comment

Not directly trump related, but pretty funny all the same

Comment

Hitch shaming me ;pac:

quick answer but would something like this help?
                                                                                                                        Assuming answers are in column B
                                                                                                                        Code:
                                                                                                                        =IF(A$1$="Q1",COUNTIF(B2:B100,"Y")/COUNTA(B2:B100),0)
                                                                                                                        then do the same for Q2 q3 etc?
                                                                                                                        Cheers man, will give that a try
                                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

I currently have eighteen entrants for greatest music based game on earth...Music king. Anyone else want to join this prestigious group of musical afficianados? I'd love to get a few more. Starting tomorrow!

Code:
                                                                                                                          Nuck Chorris
                                                                                                                          Trippie
                                                                                                                          Mike Bullocks	
                                                                                                                          Enzoscifo
                                                                                                                          Strewelpeter
                                                                                                                          Arazi
                                                                                                                          Benny hifi
                                                                                                                          Elbows
                                                                                                                          Deadparrot
                                                                                                                          Cardshark202
                                                                                                                          brady23 
                                                                                                                          eamonhonda
                                                                                                                          lazare
                                                                                                                          keane 
                                                                                                                          shrapnel
                                                                                                                          denny crane
                                                                                                                          ionapaul
                                                                                                                          balfejohn

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X