Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Literally everything falling right for England here.

(Sorry Solks)
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Only the Russian chemist can stop England making the final

Croatia gonna be like the walking dead after this

Comment

его возвращение домой

SPOILER
        it's coming home in Russian

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
          Yep, went to laytown this morning about 11am. The tide was a mile out so didn't go all the way out but put him on the sand and paddling in some pools of water for a bit. He seemed suitably puzzled and happy with it all. We had a 99 and then went home.
          Nice one. What's Laytown like?

Speaking of a 99. I was delivering to some building in city west on Thursday, the building across the way had an ice cream van down. The lady I was delivering to went over and bought me a 99. Lovely touch by her.

Comment

It's gods will that Croatia make the final. 3-0 victory on Weds

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
              Nice one. What's Laytown like?

Speaking of a 99. I was delivering to some building in city west on Thursday, the building across the way had an ice cream van down. The lady I was delivering to went over and bought me a 99. Lovely touch by her.
              99's are the best ice cream by far imo.

Laytown is a great beach for walking dogs, it's huge. Laytown itself is dated and small enough though.

Comment

Laytown is a great beach for walking dogs, it's huge. Laytown itself is dated and small enough though.
                Well I was delighted to see her coming with one for me lol.

That sounds grand, will head out there next time so. Ty

Comment

You'd have to fancy England with those lads having ran around the place for an extra hour.

FRA ENG final.

3-2 France for a cracking final.
                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                    Sonia's daughter will most likely declare for Australia when the times comes
                    She was running with the Australians up until this year. So maybe she will stay Irish now.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                      She was running with the Australians up until this year. So maybe she will stay Irish now.
                      Chance to run in the Euro's

I think she doesn't have to decide until finishes with under 18's

Good luck to the girl whomever she chooses to run for anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                        Here ye go Willie, you'll love this

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                          Am selling an Audi A4 2.0 TDI 2008 if anyone here might be interested. Have to fix the aircon before I stick it online.

Looking for €6500.

Shoot us a pm if interested.
                          Does it have a Driver's Prayer card in the glove cpt?

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
                            Irish athletes have won gold twice
                            already at the European Junior championships.
                            Be nice if this was the beginning of a revival
                            in a sport we can be competitive at world level.
                            Sonia O'Sullivans daughter is there,
                            won her heat of the 800m impressively.
                            ...Sarah Healy is a little bit special...Won her 1500m semi final heat, then went and pissed the 3000m final by about 50 metres...Final of the 1500m tomorrow, would be amazing for her to win a double gold...

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                              Does it have a Driver's Prayer card in the glove cpt?
                              It has a glove.

Comment

what a fucking cracking night in zagreb, decided to not go to the centre and stay local, found myself screaming at top of my lungs for each goal scored and every penalty scored and saved(tbf have done this everygame but more so tonight), was on a small strip of bars and every bar the place was going mental flares going mad, songs being sung beers fucking everywhere, tears, joy, exhaustion from everyone around me. its coming home and that home is Zagreb !!!

reality: croatia were bollixed second half manager made dumb as fuck subs, started that ridic 4231 foramtion when modric rakitic brozovic is the absolute obv selection allowing modric to do his thing and having mandzukic up front instead of kramaric v a 40yo cb was just retarded, tough test v england to come for them and im worried the manager makes the same mistakes again especially since croatia are terrible at defending set pieces, my opinion is lump the wife on england raping them from corners and free kicks

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                  my opinion is lump the wife on england raping them from corners and free kicks
                                  ...Quote of the day goes to...

Comment

Music has always been a big love. People find it hard to understand the love for music which seems dark but spurred by SP's Gandhi like post marriage post I thought I would give some thoughts on one of my favorite songs. Yes, the pain resonances but with incredible beauty in the song which is fucking flooring. Each cord as this song starts kills me, I mean it flows to my head and down through my body like water giving me life, I feel life affirmation in the pain. His voice breaks into the song adding this human instrument to this alien beat that rocks my body in ways I can't describe. It's not dark but bloody life-affirming. A friend made a film recently about art changing the world but what the hell is the point if we don't give people the tools to help appreciate it enough to change it.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Opr
                                    Last edited by Opr; 08-07-18, 06:39.

Comment

You're really pushing the cognitive behavior type posts hard of late OPR
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                        You're really pushing the cognitive behavior type posts hard of late OPR
                                        Why not? I am just trying to be a little more honest. I am far happier for it. Life it fucking wonderful when you let a little passion in and honestly while it it may seem like as you suggest 'cognitive behavior;, it is just real fucking passion for what I am talking about.

Opr

Comment

This place still is great it but used to be full of non-facey conversational people. It was populated by people who thought about the world a little differently because poker attracted those people but unfortunately many of the good ones have left or been run out of town. I still love this thread but it is much, much poorer for the lack of people who don't really get and many of the assholes have been let run the show. Just an observation.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                            This place still is great it but used to be full of non-facey conversational people. It was populated by people who thought about the world a little differently because poker attracted those people but unfortunately many of the good ones have left or been run out of town. I still love this thread but it is much, much poorer for the lack of people who don't really get and many of the assholes have been let run the show. Just an observation.

Opr
                                            Hmmm. I tend to agree with the overall point about the thread waning but...

Who has been "run out of town"?
                                            Who are the "assholes running the show"?
                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                              Hmmm. I tend to agree with the overall point about the thread waning but...

Who has been "run out of town"?
                                              Who are the "assholes running the show"?
                                              That post is full of the dramatics. Sorry, I should have inserted some smiles for dramatic effect Grains of truth but the post itself is way over the top.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                ...Sarah Healy is a little bit special...Won her 1500m semi final heat, then went and pissed the 3000m final by about 50 metres...Final of the 1500m tomorrow, would be amazing for her to win a double gold...
                                                Ya her natural talent will be wiped out when she hits senior.
                                                Most other athletes will be so drugged it will be hard for an honest athlete to succeed.

Comment

Why not? I am just trying to be a little more honest. I am far happier for it. Life it fucking wonderful when you let a little passion in and honestly while it it may seem like as you suggest 'cognitive behavior;, it is just real fucking passion for what I am talking about.

Opr
                                                  No reason why not, just find you one of the more intriguing posters around here. You don't seem to do half measures, you go through cycles of getting very intense and obsessive about a particular thing, and reality is often bypassed, eg Suarez or crypto content.

Latest consumption obv a more healthy pursuit but still can't help feeling a bit unsettled/concerned reading some of the stuff, that Joy Division post is borderline manic.
                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Laytown is grim.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                      No reason why not, just find you one of the more intriguing posters around here. You don't seem to do half measures, you go through cycles of getting very intense and obsessive about a particular thing, and reality is often bypassed, eg Suarez or crypto content.

Latest consumption obv a more healthy pursuit but still can't help feeling a bit unsettled/concerned reading some of the stuff, that Joy Division post is borderline manic.
                                                      That is constructive so thanks. I'm in a better place than I have ever been. I have some hard decisions to make at the moment but with choices and circumstances that I know aren't available to most people so I consider myself extremely fortunate. I do have quite an obsessive nature but I am aware of it which makes it something which I can use to my benefit. Crypo, football are interests, unhealthy ones at times.

What spills over in that post about music is passion. I think it is mainly passion for people as that sense of connection I draw from myself, people around me, books, films, music. I can be floorer in music by the gravity of lyrics, by the connection to someones voice or just the sound of the music. That is being alive to myself. You see it as bordering on mania but if you have ever had a conversation with someone who is truly passionate about something you can see them popping out of themselves. I don't view that as a bad thing.

Opr

Comment

Was going to suggest to Sitch that some thoughts are best kept in your head, but you answered it with beautiful honesty and maturity.

Keep it up opr, I'm enjoying this 'new' you.

Comment

Comment

...Already 6 of the 12 children rescued in Thailand from the cave...Amazing how quickly it's all happening today...

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                              Was golfing this morning, arrived to Tulfarris at 7.20am and Garda Helicopter was flying overhead. I went to clubhouse and am met by the lady who runs the place. She tells me a 3yo kid is missing from the hotel since 4am and is handing me a key to a buggy and asking me to go searching the course and that there are a few people gone ahead of me. Keep in mind the course is built around lake. Thought I was going out to find a body! Thankfully kid is found about 20 minutes later by one of the members in the woods off the 17th hole. What we weren't told at time was that her dad had taken her. Apparently history of mental health issues and he was after having some sort of a breakdown. My heart was thumping out of my chest driving around searching. Hell of a start to a Sunday morning but thankfully all ok to finish.
                                                              How did you play?
                                                              Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

San Sebestian is a little bit of heaven, wish I had longer here.

Raoul, Shrap or anyone, where should I eat?

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                  How did you play?
                                                                  ...Think it's pretty obvious from his excuse how he played lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post

Dont forget the Donostia part. They are big about Donostia in the name. I ruled that constitution square for the few hours I was there. Say 'Grande' and you get the larger beer.

Did you find it mad that its the done thing that people just litter the floor of tapas bars in Bilbao and San Sebastian as a matter of procedure?. Even normal drinking bars Its almost frowned upon that you keep your paper napkin on your plate or table once finished. Go into any bar even the more upmarket ones and the floor is riddled with cast off napkins and rubbish assortments. And its not like bar staff are periodically cleaning the floors or anything!. I wasnt there long enough to make inroads on this but next time.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                      Dont forget the Donostia part. They are big about Donostia in the name. I ruled that constitution square for the few hours I was there. Say 'Grande' and you get the larger beer.

Did you find it mad that its the done thing that people just litter the floor of tapas bars in Bilbao and San Sebastian as a matter of procedure?. Even normal drinking bars Its almost frowned upon that you keep your paper napkin on your plate or table once finished. Go into any bar even the more upmarket ones and the floor is riddled with cast off napkins and rubbish assortments. And its not like bar staff are periodically cleaning the floors or anything!. I wasnt there long enough to make inroads on this but next time.
                                                                      I'm sitting in a bar now by the beach, just looked at the floor. I count 8 napkins and there is about 12 tables, that's mad and something I probably wouldn't of picked up on.

Actually enjoying the glasses over the pints in the heat, stays fresher, service doesn't suit it doh.

I will 100% return and stay longer.

Comment

Stung by a jellyfish today, what a jerk

Comment

I'm a few pages behind on this, are we in agreement that DC is the goat?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                            Just leaving the 40 foot now, water was absolutely glorious, almost as nice as the west coast. Overheard a few of the lads saying that there was a few jellyfish about but thankfully I didn't come across any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                              Can piss on you if needed m8

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                Just leaving the 40 foot now, water was absolutely glorious, almost as nice as the west coast. Overheard a few of the lads saying that there was a few jellyfish about but thankfully I didn't come across any of them.
                                                                                Was nearby at Seapoint, wasn't one of the lionsmanes thankfully

Comment

I'm a few pages behind on this, are we in agreement that DC is the goat?
                                                                                  He might well be, was some result. Main card was great except for the obviously awful fight

Comment

The old town is great but the area we stayed in had some great bars - Gros. Just across the river. Everywhere is good, try to avoid the most touristy spots in the Old Town.

We had lunch here one day - Gerald's Bar. 3/4 courses for about €20 and superb lunchtime fare. The picture of Tony Cascarino over the bar elicits a good tale.

Restaurants at lunch, bars in the evening is the optimal play.
                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Was going to suggest to Sitch that some thoughts are best kept in your head, but you answered it with beautiful honesty and maturity.

Keep it up opr, I'm enjoying this 'new' you.
                                                                                      Thanks for that but it isn't like he is pointing out stuff I haven't thought about quite a bit myself which is why I can answer in that fashion and I must say in the initial stages some of the feelings felt quite overwhelming. I would rather people challenge me and that fact he came at it from a place of caring was extremely nice.

When I describe the feelings towards that song I completely get how it sounds like mania because no one can possibly live in a place that feels that deeply. It isn't somewhere I live but a place I can visit when in the right frame of mind. It is kind of like meditation in many ways for myself. I think people try to enjoy Art in general on a visceral level with their eyes and ears and forget that real connection through emotion is what really moves you as a person or at least it does myself. Someone here pointed out recently that they found Sam Harris quite interesting. I think he is pretty amazing. He has quite a clever view of culture and why he thinks it is so important to us as people. He views it as a way we as people try to repair the world around us to a place our mind want to be in which I think is a pretty beautiful way of describing it all.

Opr

Comment

...
                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                            Was speaking to someone back in Ireland who is pre-approved for a quite big mortgage but isn't taking a holiday this year as he's a bit scared they might take back the approval if they spot a few grand leaving his account to pay for a trip. That's just weird. And he wouldn't be the type of lad to overreact either.
                                                                                            People are so brainwashed around mortgages. Regular terrified posts on boards asking will a €2.50 direct debit to buy a lotto ticket once a month cost me my mortgage.

Meanwhile here's me with six figures through my accounts to every gambling site under the sun and literally wasn't even asked about it.
                                                                                            Last edited by Keane; 08-07-18, 21:10.

Comment

...

Comment

Thanks for that but it isn't like he is pointing out stuff I haven't thought about quite a bit myself which is why I can answer in that fashion and I must say in the initial stages some of the feelings felt quite overwhelming. I would rather people challenge me and that fact he came at it from a place of caring was extremely nice.

When I describe the feelings towards that song I completely get how it sounds like mania because no one can possibly live in a place that feels that deeply. It isn't somewhere I live but a place I can visit when in the right frame of mind. It is kind of like meditation in many ways for myself. I think people try to enjoy Art in general on a visceral level with their eyes and ears and forget that real connection through emotion is what really moves you as a person or at least it does myself. Someone here pointed out recently that they found Sam Harris quite interesting. I think he is pretty amazing. He has quite a clever view of culture and why he thinks it is so important to us as people. He views it as a way we as people try to repair the world around us to a place our mind want to be in which I think is a pretty beautiful way of describing it all.

Opr
                                                                                                What you actually have is an ability to verbalise how you feel when art moves you.

I'm listening to Astral Weeks right now, sitting outside, buzzing on Zinfandel, swallows dancing above me. I'm bursting with positive thoughts. Can't lay them down though.

It's not manic. It's human, you just know how to express it.

'In the viaduct of your dreams'

Comment

What you actually have is an ability to verbalise how you feel when art moves you.

I'm listening to Astral Weeks right now, sitting outside, buzzing on Zinfandel, swallows dancing above me. I'm bursting with positive thoughts. Can't lay them down though.

It's not manic. It's human, you just know how to express it.

'In the viaduct of your dreams'
                                                                                                  That sounds like a pretty great buzz. This weather helps finding that place you describe so much easier. Maybe, although I am not sure if people can't verbalise it or in some cases don't appreciate it but maybe that is me judging and even if they don't then I am sure they have other things in life as we are all not made of the same stuff. I just find it odd when I meet someone who can talk about music in a technical way, can rhyme lists of artist they like but when you ask them how it makes them feel, they look at you like you have two heads

Opr

Comment

Did you go to Michael Buble Laz? Reckon he'd stir some emotions.

OPR
                                                                                                    what's your favourite Lyric and how did it make you feel? Does poetry move you as much as music ?

Comment

Speaking of Van the Man, I'd always assumed that he'd written 'Here Comes the Night'. Turns out it was written by Bert Berns, and a version was released by Lulu a year before Them

My animated video for Lulu's original version of "Here Comes the Night" using scans of my drawings, and no actual animation program. I don't own the copyrigh...

Though it's no 'The Man Who Sold the World'

Brilliant track from the 70's."The Man Who Sold The World" by Lulu was released in 1974 on the Polydor record label.David Bowie wrote the song and also produ...
                                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I know I'm 20 years too late but the fastest finger round on who wants to be a millionaire makes me feel dead inside. Scrap it imo.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                          Speaking of Van the Man, I'd always assumed that he'd written 'Here Comes the Night'. Turns out it was written by Bert Berns, and a version was released by Lulu a year before Them

My animated video for Lulu's original version of "Here Comes the Night" using scans of my drawings, and no actual animation program. I don't own the copyrigh...

Though it's no 'The Man Who Sold the World'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyFAnA9oPRE
                                                                                                          KURT COBAIN nailed it .

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                            Did you go to Michael Buble Laz? Reckon he'd stir some emotions.

OPR
                                                                                                            what's your favourite Lyric and how did it make you feel? Does poetry move you as much as music ?
                                                                                                            I talk about the National quite a bit. Those early albums, Boxer, Aligator and Sad Songs for the Dirty Lovers are all albums which I revisit with frequency. I think music is often quite a personal experience when it comes to lyrics so whatever resonates with you. He is a young man who writes openly and honestly not just about struggles but love, friendship and all that shit. We find it hard to bare ourselves as people but Matt leaves it all out their in some of those lyrics and his voice cracks with emotion, anger and fear in those early albums.

I haven't give poetry a proper chance but maybe I should

I have been giving Art, Art more of a go recently. I was in the Frances Bacon exhibition in Dublin. It was quite a surreal and haunting experience. The studio he worked in is on display, it was a complete mess with writing across the walls to the effect of he works best in chaos. Just looking at the studio and reading that made me feel uneasy. When I moved in to look at his work. I lack maybe the skills to appreciate it aesthetically but that shit was dark. Too dark and I had to leave pretty quickly. You reminded me I meant to dig into finding out a little more about him.

Opr

Comment

Had a fucking fantastic steak, a plate of meat, lots of beer and couple of bottles of red in an establishment with more tissue on the floor than tiles.

Tis great.

If I get bit by a bull Tuesday I'll die happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                People are so brainwashed around mortgages. Regular terrified posts on boards asking will a €2.50 direct debit to buy a lotto ticket once a month cost me my mortgage.

Meanwhile here's me with six figures through my accounts to every gambling site under the sun and literally wasn't even asked about it.
                                                                                                                My missus is like the boardsies while pre student life I was like you. I actually decided to test it last week to convince her, its actually quite easy to get a loan.

I have a chunky enough student loan, no income at present but I have a job offer secured. I need a new car so figured I'll check if i can get something on HP on the strength of my offer letter. Popped up to main dealer around the corner, yeah 5k scrapage on my own, calls 3 hours later, finance secured on 25k car. It felt very we're back.

I didn't buy the car though I can't stomach the depreciation on a new car

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                  Had the meeting on this in a park today. Awkwardness all round, but kid played a bit of a blinder by giving a two piece best friends forever necklace - so each keeps one half. We thought it would be cheesy and were trying to suggest she shouldn't do it, but the kid herself loved it. Our kid may be an absolute lunatic at the best of times, but turned up today with her A-game charm. She was almost like a politician the way she was working the scene. The main driver was that she was scared her other friends might turn against her which wasn't really the best reason to turn away from a life of racism. I expect great, but possibly sociopathic, things in her future.
                                                                                                                  Please never stop posting. Your ability to deconstruct these events with self-deprecation and humor I find amazing. The line about her motivations for leaving a life of racism has left me laughing since I am now replying.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Hsbc Malta wanted to see a year's worth of revolut statements along with going through my account carefully for a 500 overdraft and a 1500 credit card. I have disposable income of around 1500 a month. Got Refused.

Comment

Was at Queen and Adam Lambert in Marlay Park this evening. That guy has an amazing voice. Support from the Darkness was only 30 minutes but they put on a good, fun show. Boomtown Rats were shite and Geldof kept referring to the band as mega. Had two clips with Freddie Mercury on screen which was pretty cool. Fun night.

Comment

Bencb streaming live on twitch now. The man is on a different level.

Comment

Riots in the halls of Westminster today I think.

David Davis has just resigned.
                                                                                                                          Meanwhile rumours of a major marital scandal in those god fearing MPs of the DUP involving IPJnr which could lead to them pulling the plug on the support arrangement.

TMPM has shocked me with her survival through many a crisis, this looks the one though.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X