Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    yeah that sweat thing here too!

Word to the wise: the wife has advised me that simply flipping over the duvet doesn't make it clean. Am still seeking independent verification.

Comment

Great entertainer
      "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
      "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
        Great entertainer
        Great start to the 2002 World Cup

Comment

Welcome to Shinnecock
          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

I feel this game will peak at the Russian anthem.
            Profit before people.

Comment

Rory +10...Jaysus.

Comment

Saudi actually technically quite good. Their number 7 seems like a good little playmaker. Zero presence up front though.
                Profit before people.

Comment

Yeeaahhh, we all finally get to say the line

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, Circle-K, Strange things, Humor, 1980s, Movie Quotes

when drunk/stoned

Oooh and probably boo at large multinational who possibly shite to work for!?

Comment

Golf is beautiful when the courses and conditions are like this.

Comment

Surprised Jack wasn't on to tell us that Argentina is closer to killing babies https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-44486190
                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                        Golf is beautiful when the courses and conditions are like this.
                        Dont get to watch much these days but gonna settle down to a few beers and poker in JPs and watch the Woods 3 ball (have Thomas backed) as havent seen Tiger since his latest comeback.

Shinnecock is 5 miles from my Aunts on Long Island, some spot. Proper US Open scoring. Id imagine -3 to win?

Gave aul lad a 100 bank for bets so hopefuuly get him a sweat on Sun night over a few Guinness in the pub for Fathers Day.

Comment

Oxley gin - thanks to whoever recommended that one!
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

If Trump is forced to open the books of his charity you can tear up your re election dockets. Expect him to deflect and deny this as vigorously as the Russia enquiry.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

...BBV help...I'm looking for 2 tickets to the Dublin Leinster final next Sunday...It's for my dad and brother in law who is here from Florida...
                              ...Are they on sale for general public, or could one of the kind people here get them?...Obviously happy to pay a little more than face value if required...

Comment

Happy Birthday President Trump. Hopefully some well earned time off and a rare round of golf.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                  ...BBV help...I'm looking for 2 tickets to the Dublin Leinster final next Sunday...It's for my dad and brother in law who is here from Florida...
                                  ...Are they on sale for general public, or could one of the kind people here get them?...Obviously happy to pay a little more than face value if required...
                                  https://secure.tickets.ie/Listing/Ev...dublin-v-laois

Comment

Soooo took a drunken bet off JP. WC total goals. Blind bet by both tbf...His Pool v my Utd....Who got who on the odds?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                      Soooo took a drunken bet off JP. WC total goals. Blind bet by both tbf...His Pool v my Utd....Who got who on the odds?
                                      Salah (inj & weak team), Mane (weakish team), Firmino (sub) & Defensive players

V's

Lukaku, Pogba, Lingard, Rashford (sub) & Defensive players

You should be good!

Comment

I make it
                                        Mignolet, TAA, Lovren, Henderson, Salah, Mane, Firmino

v
                                        DDG, Jones, Young, Rojo, Lindeloff, Matic, Fellaini, Pogba, Lukaku, Rashford, Lingard. Does Fred of Brazil count for MUFC yet?

United more players but Liverpool marginally more explosive, and Salah might get to play 90 against Saudi Arabia.
                                        United probably favoured but seems a fair enough 50/50 bet.

I've probably missed one or two though.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                          I make it
                                          Mignolet, TAA, Lovren, Henderson, Salah, Mane, Firmino

v
                                          DDG, Jones, Young, Rojo, Lindeloff, Matic, Fellaini, Pogba, Lukaku, Rashford, Lingard. Does Fred of Brazil count for MUFC yet?

United more players but Liverpool marginally more explosive, and Salah might get to play 90 against Saudi Arabia.
                                          United probably favoured but seems a fair enough 50/50 bet.

I've probably missed one or two though.
                                          Missed Marko Grujic for Liverpool

Comment

Not sure about Fred. We said as of start of WC basically. Seems evs enough so...surprised PP or someone didnt have a market so...seems like a publicity puller tbf....

Comment

Anyway was a 3 sided bet with 3 singles....

Pool v Utd
                                              Spain v Argies
                                              Uruguay v Portugal...

All for a few bob (or two)....

Comment

Jaysus, remember this guy?

Former solicitor Michael Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                  Jaysus, remember this guy?

Former solicitor Michael Lynn
                                                  Yep, did a runner back in The Good Auld Days.

Heart bleeds.

Comment

Speaking of bankrupts, WTF?

Comment

Not sure about Fred. We said as of start of WC basically. Seems evs enough so...surprised PP or someone didnt have a market so...seems like a publicity puller tbf....
                                                      You could email them out of interest to see what way they'd price it up.
                                                      You look on the better side of it though.
                                                      I'm going to see if a former employee of JP who is an avid Spurs fan will give me Barca, Madrid or City

Comment

Day 1 of double toilet training weekend blitz...

Hours in - 3
                                                        Scutters done - 2
                                                        Wet couches - 1

Chances of enjoying the football today - 0

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                          You could email them out of interest to see what way they'd price it up.
                                                          You look on the better side of it though.
                                                          I'm going to see if a former employee of JP who is an avid Spurs fan will give me Barca, Madrid or City
                                                          Tell him he still owes me €250 for our Spurs bet

Another former employee was in last night playing and telling me they are having kid number 3 after a ten year break. I actually nearly cried for the man.

Comment

Anyway was a 3 sided bet with 3 singles....

Pool v Utd
                                                            Spain v Argies
                                                            Uruguay v Portugal...

All for a few bob (or two)....
                                                            It’s very wrong to take advantage of people like that you know what Liverpool fans are like. It’s the same with the tiger fans boys, it’s like finding money on the street. Give Jp 2 to 1, it’s only fair.

Comment

So... the guardian is finally dead

When a country’s self-esteem is shattered on the pitch, race usually plays a part in the search for scapegoats, writes the Guardian columnist Gary Younge

Every decision ever taken in the world is racist or sexist or something ist

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Day 1 of double toilet training weekend blitz...

Hours in - 3
                                                                  Scutters done - 2
                                                                  Wet couches - 1

Chances of enjoying the football today - 0
                                                                  It’s bad enough with one without double team shit and piss bonanza
                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Comment

Soccerball scumbags

Comment

Anyone in here know much about Marcelo Bielsa? Appointed Leeds boss today and I'm over the moon based on Leeds-biased posts and articles. Think we're taking a massive gamble but one more than likely to work at our level.

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                                          Anyone in here know much about Marcelo Bielsa? Appointed Leeds boss today and I'm over the moon based on Leeds-biased posts and articles. Think we're taking a massive gamble but one more than likely to work at our level.
                                                                          No other club in the championship would have had the pull the get him (maybe Villa)

He won't take any shit from the board, as likely to quit as he is to be sacked

Enjoy!
                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 15-06-18, 11:42.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                              I played yesterday evening and I really enjoyed it. It's my first game in months, I haven't been to the range at all. It went as expected but I was solid enough off the tee with the driver.
                                                                              Plenty of water throughout and it's certainly challenging in that regard. I was a member of a nice parkland in Dunmurray but as the guy I was out with mentioned, the difference is the spacing between holes. You don't really see other groups playing different holes which I thought was nice.
                                                                              It's quite long and another 13/14 it's quite difficult with one 600+ yard hole. You'll certainly enjoy it, it seems in decent nick too. I believe they've pumped alot more money into in recent times.
                                                                              You're playing alot more than me so you'll pick up alot more subtle aspects you like/dislike but I thought it was worth the money and I'd definitely try to play it again.
                                                                              Played here this morning. Shot 97 . Course is a monster but an absolute beauty, really cant speak highly enough of it. Greens are excellent and the fairways are cut out beautifully. Kept in some nick for the size of it, must cost a bit to maintain. Unreal piece of land. Hard to believe it only went for 8mil.

No hesitation saying that course would be a premium course in the States/Canada. If they can get the course another 5 or so years of maturity it'd be a great place to hold a bigger event, loads of room for grandstands and its a joy to stroll around.
                                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Anyone interested in the darker harder end of electronic music might enjoy this...not for the feint hearted!

Almost one hour of very hard, very modern techno. One or two classics of the genre thrown in for good measure. Tracks by Blawan, Stranger, Bryan Chapman, Dax J etc

Comment

Well fuck me... The trumpster has fallen hard for Kim
                                                                                  Watch out Muller they're coming to get you and 'at least' fire you.

/

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                      Update: I said to the hairdresser 'do what you feel is right'
                                                                                      Was what they felt to be right right?

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                          Played here this morning. Shot 97 . Course is a monster but an absolute beauty, really cant speak highly enough of it. Greens are excellent and the fairways are cut out beautifully. Kept in some nick for the size of it, must cost a bit to maintain. Unreal piece of land. Hard to believe it only went for 8mil.

No hesitation saying that course would be a premium course in the States/Canada. If they can get the course another 5 or so years of maturity it'd be a great place to hold a bigger event, loads of room for grandstands and its a joy to stroll around.
                                                                                          It's a lovely piece of land as you said. I think it was around 1200-1300 for membership relatively recently.
                                                                                          The day I was out we got it for 32e but guy I was with arrived before me and said 2 guys mentioned they got it for 25e each. Unbelievable track for that type of money. Almost as good as the time I played Portmarnock for free

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                            Well fuck me... The trumpster has fallen hard for Kim
                                                                                            Watch out Muller they're coming to get you and 'at least' fire you.
                                                                                            Paul Manafort has his bail conditions revoked, off to a cell

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

DJ taking the piss

Comment

Didn't take long to make things interesting

Comment

Some finish.

If VAR overturns that it can fuck off. Pepe being a gobshite.

Edit. Just pepe being a gobshite

Comment

Good to see the Northside influence is taking an effect on HJ.
                                                                                                    He will be celebrated as the James Joyce of the electronic music world in the fullness of time.

Comment

Is it just me or is the quality of the pictures from Russia a bit shit ?

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                        Some finish.

If VAR overturns that it can fuck off. Pepe being a gobshite.

Edit. Just pepe being a gobshite
                                                                                                        Why?
                                                                                                        Wasn't it a clear foul that should have been a free out?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                          Why?
                                                                                                          Wasn't it a clear foul that should have been a free out?
                                                                                                          No imo. Both going for the ball and you cannot jump with your hands by your side. I know Costa can be a dirty fucker but after watching replays eyes on the ball and just a collision.

No foul, pepes a gobshite (bounced up straight away too ), good finish.

Comment

Currently at a country and western night in lanza. Its fucking horrific!

And no getting out. Only starting
                                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

What. A. Hit!!

Comment

At The National, looks like I'm missing a good game.

Have it recorded so looking forward to watching it later

Comment

Ah for fuck sake. What a fucking goal. What a game. Hello world cup 2018

Comment

One of the all time world cup games. Can't see anything in group A stopping either of them reaching the quarters.
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

And quite possibly goal of the tournament too. Excellent game.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                                          At The National, looks like I'm missing a good game.

Have it recorded so looking forward to watching it later
                                                                                                                          Going tomorrow, hope it's decent. Might just go for the national tho, not listened to any of the support befire

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X