Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not completely buying the uselessness of May theory yet. OK calling the election was a monumental mistake but it did at least show that she has a bit of gamble in her. Given the situation she's been in since you could argue that she's done well to not have the whole thing collapse.

Trump apparently cannot handle the fact that she treats him like a real politician expecting him to listen and understand instead of as the egomaniacal manchild he is.
    Sounds to me like she is just ignoring the imbecile and carrying on as if there are adults listening in who can deal with the real work later. So she can't be all bad.

Donald Trump has grown frustrated with Theresa May’s “school mistress” tone, allies of the president have told The Telegraph, as it emerged the pair will not hold formal talks at the G7 summit in Canada.

Nice to see Boris reaffirming his position as the stupidest man at the table with his comments about the border being a non issue like the millenium bug.
    The thing that morons like Boris who think that Y2K was a non issue are too stupid to realise that it wasn't an issue because serious people put a massive investment of time and effort into making sure planes didn't fall out of the sky
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Ah no.

edit: jesus, never expected that to be suicide.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Ah, i had forgotten that bit. Thats a fine selective memory at play on my part!

In kinda related news. At some point they are going to have to have a serious look at disability claimants. That is an absolute cesspit of abuse (as evidenced by the fact that there was an explosion of claimants over last decade, in all disproportion to how sick a nation could suddenly get overnight). It's much handier to get a doctor note saying you can't work and get disability, rather than claim unemployment, as then don't have to show you are looking for work. That's going to cause chaos sorting out that mess though.
        Nearly 1m people have free travel

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
            Nearly 1m people have free travel
            Just another three or four million to go!

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Anthony Bourdain has checked out. Top bloke. His original book Kitchen Confidential is brilliant in case you've never got around to reading it.
                Last Exec chef I had to deal with in London apparently had a pretty bad habit of what looked like passing off Kitchen Confidential stories as his own

Whatever about doing it with Joe Public, he did it with Chefs, who would have read said book and already known the stories

Needless to say, he didn't get a whole lot of respect in Chef circles

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                Ah no.

edit: jesus, never expected that to be suicide.
                He was wrapped pretty tight in fairness

Comment

Anthony Bourdain has checked out. Top bloke. His original book Kitchen Confidential is brilliant in case you've never got around to reading it.
                  that's genuinely bad news.
                  loved those books, really opened my eyes to food and probably helped kickstart the rock and roll chef that ramsay et al inhabit now

here he is in ireland
                  Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

wow suicide. Didn't expect him to go out like that
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Loved Parts Unknown, he had a great way about him with Folk anywhere he visited. Munched my way round in his footsteps in a few Asian Cities
                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Boris for PM obv, or a power share with Rees Moog, popcorn out to watch the place burn
                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                        Last Exec chef I had to deal with in London apparently had a pretty bad habit of what looked like passing off Kitchen Confidential stories as his own

Whatever about doing it with Joe Public, he did it with Chefs, who would have read said book and already known the stories

Needless to say, he didn't get a whole lot of respect in Chef circles

He was wrapped pretty tight in fairness
                        Any decent chef shouldn't have to make up stories anyway.

Comment

One of my heroes.
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Trudeau's Liberals have been wiped out in Ontario which is Canadas largest state and was under Liberal rule for 15 years. The defeat is actually so bad the Liberals won't even have official speaking status. The Progressive Conservatives dominated the vote. The clock well and truly ticking on Trudeau.
                            Last edited by jack90210; 08-06-18, 12:11.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                              Trudeau's Liberals have been wiped out in Ontario which is Canadas largest state and was under Liberal rule for 15 years. The defeat is actually so bad the Liberals won't even have official speaking status. The Progressive Conservatives dominated the vote. The clock well and truly ticking on Trudeau.
                              Hopefully the beginning of the end for politicians thinking they can appeal to the great unwashed by being cutesy about their socks.

Comment

I only want to know about Canadian politics if somebody is smoking crack
                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                  Hopefully the beginning of the end for politicians thinking they can appeal to the great unwashed by being cutesy about their socks.

Oh, Trudeau is a smart guy....
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Canada is probably the most liberal country in the world and this is the start of a firm rejection of those type of policies. Sweden is up then in September with the Swedish Democrats currently leading in the polls.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                      I don't see the connection to his socks...

Comment

Canada is probably the most liberal country in the world and this is the start of a firm rejection of those type of policies. Sweden is up then in September with the Swedish Democrats currently leading in the polls.
                                        IDK this seems very melodramatic. Admittedly I don't spend much of my time checking for updates on local elections in different countries, but I'm fairly confident it's been an ongoing feature of democracy since day dot that when one crowd have been in charge for a good while the other crowd will get the next swong.

N'est-ce pas?

What do you think is actually happening here? I get the impression you think there is some global wave about to break but I am fairly clueless about what it is projected to contain - are we expecting tax cuts for corporations, anti-immigration, banning abortion, banning gay marriage, anti-globalisation, protectionism, etc etc?

You post this sort of stuff fairly often so I'm sure you are trying to get across some narrative, but I'm none the wiser what the implications are meant to be. Interested to hear.

Comment

I don't see the connection to his socks...
                                          Neither do I. You're the one who brought up his undergarments.

Comment

On some run of results jack, basically 100% if you exclude the ones which went against you.

Comment

Never understood the big deal about that.

I'd be shocked in someone like Bertie came out with that, but not a young PM.

Comment

IDK this seems very melodramatic. Admittedly I don't spend much of my time checking for updates on local elections in different countries, but I'm fairly confident it's been an ongoing feature of democracy since day dot that when one crowd have been in charge for a good while the other crowd will get the next swong.

N'est-ce pas?

What do you think is actually happening here? I get the impression you think there is some global wave about to break but I am fairly clueless about what it is projected to contain - are we expecting tax cuts for corporations, anti-immigration, banning abortion, banning gay marriage, anti-globalisation, protectionism, etc etc?

You post this sort of stuff fairly often so I'm sure you are trying to get across some narrative, but I'm none the wiser what the implications are meant to be. Interested to hear.
                                                I'll try reply later.

Comment

I'll try reply later.
                                                  Please do, I'd like to try and understand your viewpoint.

I can't relate to you at all with this stuff at the moment, why you care about the Quebec or Slovenian legislature, what picture you think these results are painting, what impact it would have on any of us etc. I just don't get it as such.

Comment

Please do, I'd like to try and understand your viewpoint.

I can't relate to you at all with this stuff at the moment, why you care about the Quebec or Slovenian legislature, what picture you think these results are painting, what impact it would have on any of us etc. I just don't get it as such.
                                                    jack's tribe is winning!

the nasty globalist liberals (a surprisingly large category) are dooooooooooomed, doomed I tells ya.

That seems to be the jist of it, don't go looming for any intellectual underpinning whatever you do.

Comment

It's a local election ffs, get a grip.

What, do you think Sweden and Canada are going to start erecting walls and concentration camps for brown people?

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                        I only want to know about Canadian politics if somebody is smoking crack
                                                        It seems to be the crack smokers brother who was the winner.

Hope this piques your interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                          That song needed more love on Music King

Comment

jack's tribe is winning!

the nasty globalist liberals (a surprisingly large category) are dooooooooooomed, doomed I tells ya.
                                                            Well yeah I gathered that part of it, it's the perceived implications I'm interested in. Like, I don't know what that particular tribe are specifically (or even generally tbh) against, what they are in favour of etc. How these election results play into this sense that things are about to turn in their favour, what they want to see happen, what they expect to see happen.

We seem to get these slightly gloat-ish updates about seemingly very random political climates in various places and I can never tell what they are supposed to be suggesting to me :-/

Comment

Comment

Comment

reminds me of someone...
                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                    Here is a special treat for the Peterson fanbois

#PrayForRigger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LqZdkkBDas
                                                                    That was very enjoyable and contained some (SOME!) valid criticisms. Thanks for posting it.
                                                                    Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 08-06-18, 13:26.
                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Going to the shops. Back in a bit m8s.

Comment

Comment

This has me in knots here, mostly because it's exactly accurate

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                            Will you get me a loop the loop. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                              Will you get me a loop the loop. Thanks
                                                                              They still make that lame icepop, and the Wibbly Wobbly Wonder is gone the way of the dodo.
                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Whole fucking reason i went was to get a Brunch and they had none so I got a pepperoni pizza, large sparkling water, diet coke and 2 Maxi Twists.

Back safe and sound anyway.

Comment

N'est-ce pas?

I would say there will be different outcomes in every country but there is no doubt there is a growing trend.

In Europe. Austria, Switzerland, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Slovenia, Czech Republic we have seen these parties become the largest. In France, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Finland they are the second largest. In America we got President Trump. In Canada the opinion polls and the recent Ontario vote point towards a changing tide there too.

That's a lot of people voting for change.
                                                                                  Last edited by jack90210; 08-06-18, 16:02.

Comment

I would say there will be different outcomes in every country but there is no doubt there is a growing trend.

In Europe. Austria, Switzerland, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Slovenia, Czech Republic we have seen these parties become the largest. In France, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Finland they are the second largest. In America we got Trump. In Canada the opinion polls and the recent Ontario vote point towards a changing tide there too.

Would you nearly go as far as saying predominately wealthy right wing and conservative movements are successfully targeting elements of society with a message of fear and blame?

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                      ...Was worried this was gonna be one of those "dad went the shops 16 years ago for a packet of cigarettes so should be back soon" type thing...Glad you're back m8...
                                                                                      ...Heading to Kodaline, looking forward to it...

Comment

In Europe. Austria, Switzerland, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Slovenia, Czech Republic we have seen these parties become the largest. In France, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Finland they are the second largest. In America we got President Trump. In Canada the opinion polls and the recent Ontario vote point towards a changing tide there too.

Sorry if I was unclear but a list of countries where something undefined might happen is not what I was looking for at all.

What connects the people in Canada to the Slovenians and the Italians you have been talking up lately? Do they have common problems, policies - what is the trend? Changing tide from what to what?

I still have no idea what the problem is meant to be and what changes are hoped for or expected from these results you are posting.

Comment

This has me in knots here, mostly because it's exactly accurate

Yeah, it was his Layover episode of Dublin that I was going to post earlier but can't find a version on line at the minute - it was brilliant.

Am actually shocked to hear that he's committed suicide.

Comment

Sorry if I was unclear but a list of countries where something undefined might happen is not what I was looking for at all.

What connects the people in Canada to the Slovenians and the Italians you have been talking up lately? Do they have common problems, policies - what is the trend? Changing tide from what to what?

I still have no idea what the problem is meant to be and what changes are hoped for or expected from these results you are posting.
                                                                                            The most common theme is the growth of previously small non established parties although there are some differences where in the US where President Trump was a non established voice in a established party. Its a rejection of the previous couple of decades of what was considered "normal".

Comment

The most common theme is the growth of previously small non established parties although there are some differences where in the US where President Trump was a non established voice in a established party. Its a rejection of the previous couple of decades of what was considered "normal".
                                                                                              To what end?
                                                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                Yeah, it was his Layover episode of Dublin that I was going to post earlier but can't find a version on line at the minute - it was brilliant.
                                                                                                This the right one? I haven't seen it.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                  To what end?
                                                                                                  Who knows, no one can predict what the future holds.

Comment

Who knows, no one can predict what the future holds.
                                                                                                    You agree broadly with the position adopted by the non-traditional parties right?
                                                                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Nah that's a different show. Layover isn't readily available online, on netflix though, and I'm sure the cousins have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                        You agree broadly with the position adopted by the non-traditional parties right?
                                                                                                        Not necessarily there's many variables at play in each situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                          This the right one? I haven't seen it.

Opr
                                                                                                          No, The Layover is just Dublin based and is more recent. Think it was 36 hours and he hits up a few pubs and restaurants, The Chop House, Gravediggers and a few other places

Comment

Seems strange to me that I've never even heard that guy's name before.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                              Seems strange to me that I've never even heard that guy's name before.
                                                                                                              I'd never heard of Kate Spade before.

Comment

Nor me until I read your post!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                  Would you nearly go as far as saying predominately wealthy right wing and conservative movements are successfully targeting elements of society with a message of fear and blame?
                                                                                                                  Generally with ties (sometimes blatantly so) to.....

Comment

I only realised in the last year or so that Kanye West was some class of musicaner.
                                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                                      I only realised in the last year or so that Kanye West was some class of musicaner.
                                                                                                                      I thought he manufactured tuna, like his brother John.

Comment

...

Comment

Putin has a stated aim to weaken EU, so that would definitely make sense.

I firmly believe he had no real influence in US. That was just Americans being dumb Americans. I'd say the real story is around Brexit.
                                                                                                                          He influenced both. Did you miss all dem Roossians being indicted by Mueller?

I know Mrs HH is FSB so your postings are monitored.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X