Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
      Hope they took the money

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        There yet be consequences from it so I better wait a while before turning it into a good yarn but I'm ashamed to say that I fell right into the trap offered by those scumbag American tourists and their chopped up fetus posters the other day by giving them the reaction they were looking for.
        Not my finest moment by any means but give me positive result and a few weeks to calm down about it and I'll post the TR

Comment

For any of the gamers, I saw Total Biscuit died of Colon Cancer last night. RIP.
          Shocking thing is he waited a year before going to the doctor with his symptoms because it was embarrassing and he was guessing it was other things. probably happens often.

Him talking about his cancer recently:

We thought this clip was important to post and hope that it helps at least one person out there who is suffering or knows someone suffering from cancer. If y...

Comment

One of those kids charged with murder

Comment

Somebody started an "exit poll" thread on boards. Currently 80/20 in favour of yes. Would assume it's mostly young people living in Urban areas on it so that's expected but a good start.

Comment

Ipsos/MRBI doing an exit poll for the Irish Times too https://www.irishtimes.com/news/poli...ight-1.3508503
                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                  Somebody started an "exit poll" thread on boards. Currently 80/20 in favour of yes. Would assume it's mostly young people living in Urban areas on it so that's expected but a good start.
                  Exit poll on boards is stupid. I'm surprised it is only 80/20.

Comment

Turnout slowing significantly. The good weather could be a blessing and a curse...
                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                      Icarus doing his FAS painting course that week I guess.

https://www.google.ie/maps/@52.16287...i6656?hl=en-GB

I heard that.
                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Just voted, was the only person in the polling station apart from the people working there.

Parked the car in the church car park before walking around the corner to vote Yes.

Felt good.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                          Just voted, was the only person in the polling station apart from the people working there.

Parked the car in the church car park before walking around the corner to vote Yes.

Felt good.
                          Saw a tweet earlier from a primary school in Walkinstown. Cunts had a big Mary statue with rosary beads right at the entrance. If everything works out the way we hope tomorrow the next battle is getting them out of our education system. A lesser battle but still a really really important one.
                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                            Saw a tweet earlier from a primary school in Walkinstown. Cunts had a big Mary statue with rosary beads right at the entrance. If everything works out the way we hope tomorrow the next battle is getting them out of our education system. A lesser battle but still a really really important one.
                            That has already started. The community hospital in Killarney was asked to remove their statue from above the front door. Met with strong opposition. "Negotiations" are ongoing

Comment

Just took delivery of my premium Moonshine Apache pizza.

Guy arrived on bare horseback with heavy false tan and a feather head dress.

Tasty.

Comment

Dublin way ahead of marref in turnout, rest of country on a par.

That's good news.

Comment

I was sent 2 polling cards for 2 different polling stations. I went to vote in one and just ignored the other but I presume if this is happening regularly across the country its open to abuse? Or if I registered in 2 polling stations would it flag something?

Comment

Going with 52% no.
                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Landslide for Yes according to Pat Leahy of the Irish Times.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                        Landslide for Yes according to Pat Leahy of the Irish Times.
                                        68% exit poll (IT)

Done deal on betting exchanges.

Comment

Interesting scene in Eastenders tonight where a woman is pregnant by a married guy, meets him to tell him and he wont leave the missus so she stroppily demands money to "get rid". Remarked to the wife how topical it was but then realised it was on BBC and that RTE had shelved it till 10.05pm.

Comment

And yet there's a woman who sees angels on national primetime TV.

Comment

I can't. I just can't. 68%
                                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

The people of Ireland have voted to repeal the Eight Amendment by a landslide majority, an exit poll has predicted. According to an exit poll conducted for The Irish Times by Ipsos/MRBI, an overwhelming majority of people have voted Yes in the Referendum today. The poll suggests that the margin of victory for the Yes […]
                                                Her sky-ness
                                                © 5starpool

Comment

A higher margin than they got in '83 would be such a magnificent bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                    And yet there's a woman who sees angels on national primetime TV.
                                                    Seriously obnoxious shit. This fool has been on before as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                      I can't. I just can't. 68%
                                                      well done!

Comment

Fuck Yes!! That's how you close the book on a terrible legacy.
                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Do you know what that was? And turnout?

Comment

Do you know what that was? And turnout?
                                                            Yes 841,233 66.90%
                                                            No 416,136 33.10%
                                                            Valid votes 1,257,369 99.32%
                                                            Invalid or blank votes 8,625 0.68%
                                                            Total votes 1,265,994 100.00%
                                                            Registered voters/turnout 2,358,651 53.67%
                                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

68% is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                68% is amazing.
                                                                It's hard to believe is what it is. It seems inevitable that even if it is inaccurate that the result won't actually be in doubt, but I'd still be flabbergasted if the result was that high. It would be absolutely fantastic though.

Next priority (should have been done years ago) is to remove religion from schools. Not teaching about religion as there is merit in learning about them (although I'd be happy if they were abolished altogether) but religious instruction. Anyone that wants communion/confirmation or anything else should not get instruction on it during school hours unless the school is receiving no public funds, in which case they can do what they want.
                                                                Last edited by 6starpool; 25-05-18, 21:44.

Comment

...Wow...That is a phenomenal % saying yes...It's a real statement by Ireland...I'll be interested to see the breakdown of ages, I'd imagine the younger generation must be about 75%...I'm glad it has passed, but I know it means a huge amount more to some people here...So for the likes of Sod, Lazare, and Mrs Flushdraw, I'm eextremely happy for all of you...

Comment

That is class. Felt a sense of pride heading in to vote today.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                        Haven't looked at it in any depth but yes is about 1/100 right now if those polls are in any way accurate.
                                                                        Current price on bf

Comment

Comment

Not a bad day.

Trump utterly humiliated and exposed as a childish imbecile who was played for a dummy by the Chinese, Brexit was pushed out at least three years not least because of our governments steadfastness and it would seem that some of the extremists have suddenly realised their stupidity.
                                                                            It seems misogynist / religious bigot axis that has dominated Irish culture couldn't raise 1/3 of the vote against a fundamental no brainer proposition for their cohort.

None of them will have gone away... not just yet.
                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

...

Comment

Can I steal this and pass it off as my own AJ or shall I insert a copyright symbol?

Comment

Can I steal this and pass it off as my own AJ or shall I insert a copyright symbol?
                                                                                  Lol, take it away.

Comment

Late Late poll 69.4% yes

Comment

We are class.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                        Agree. The surprise after this referendum will be the winning margin for yes.
                                                                                        .

Comment

Fucking excellent!!! What a moment
                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                              ...Wow...That is a phenomenal % saying yes...It's a real statement by Ireland...I'll be interested to see the breakdown of ages, I'd imagine the younger generation must be about 75%...I'm glad it has passed, but I know it means a huge amount more to some people here...So for the likes of Sod, Lazare, and Mrs Flushdraw, I'm eextremely happy for all of you...
                                                                                              Younger voters (18-25) went 87% Repeal in IPSOS poll
                                                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                Fucking excellent!!! What a moment
                                                                                                I agree it’s like Italia90.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                  I also remember that well as I painted the irish flag on my face in reverse colours pmsl
                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                    Younger voters (18-25) went 87% Repeal in IPSOS poll
                                                                                                    ...Feck, that is unreal...It shows how much Ireland has changed in the last 3 or 4 decades, complete 180... Granted I'm early 30's so not basing that on real life shite...
                                                                                                    ...In other news, playing poker tomorrow for first time in long time...Odds are I don't last long, but if anyone somehow knows me do please say hello!!!...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                      ...Feck, that is unreal...It shows how much Ireland has changed in the last 3 or 4 decades, complete 180... Granted I'm early 30's so not basing that on real life shite...
                                                                                                      ...In other news, playing poker tomorrow for first time in long time...Odds are I don't last long, but if anyone somehow knows me do please say hello!!!...
                                                                                                      Will say hello tomorrow. Will pop over to your table and ask about the riding blog. Should make for some interesting take discussion lol

Comment

I'll be shocked if it's anything like 68%

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                          It is to be celebrated Mick.

They're nothing now. Get them out of our schools for the last nail.

They've had their boots on our necks for generations.

Comment

Possibly a lot of shy No voters. Citizens assembly was 68% so maybe not.

Gonna pluck 66.4%

Comment

Yarp, Maggie Thatcher won 3 general elections while never doing numbers in opinion polls

Comment

It is to be celebrated Mick.

They're nothing now. Get them out of our schools for the last nail.

They've had their boots on our necks for generations.
                                                                                                                No celebration imo, carry on as if it was expected, no need to rub the act of abortion in anyone's face

Comment

Zoinks, that is some margin. Pretty much the same as SSM?
                                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                    Zoinks, that is some margin. Pretty much the same as SSM?
                                                                                                                    That was 62-38.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                                      No celebration imo, carry on as if it was expected, no need to rub the act of abortion in anyone's face
                                                                                                                      I would however be fully behind a fuck you renua/Iona bastards parade

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                        That was 62-38.
                                                                                                                        Big win for Leo. All the mo with the progressives and FF look majorly out of touch.
                                                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                          I also remember that well as I painted the irish flag on my face in reverse colours pmsl
                                                                                                                          SPOILER

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X