Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    I agree in general where we really need to build upwards, radically and quickly is between the M50 and the Canals.

But you are still a Nimby
    Those faux Georgian apartments are awful.
    But Dublin/Ireland really needs to modernise its idea of high-rise. 6 stories is nothing.

Comment

I can’t believe Bing Crosby abused all those wimmin with his dirty drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
        If the earth is flat why has no-one set up observation points on the edges where we can just look into space from the sides?
        Ice Wall yo
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Google has banned all abortion referendum ads
          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
            Definitely not Kilternan FFS, it's so rural around the proposed development it's more country than Dublin, even if it is in Dublin 18 (as is Glencullen I believe). It's crazy enough to see the apartment blocks up around Stepaside, and then the reluctance of various NIMBYs to have the same in vast swathes much closer to the city centre. Start by building more apartment blocks in Ballsbridge, Donnybrook, Terenure, etc... and come out to Kilternan in 50 years or so
            Looking at a place in Ranelagh on 1 acre on the market for 4.5m. No PP but expected to yield 18 units. Went for 8.9m so before you turn a sod you are looking at 500k at site. That might explain it....

Comment

First Music King semi-final is away:

Get yer votes in if you can folks

Comment

In my uneducated opinion, we should aim for mainly 8 story plus buildings in between the canals, and lots of multi-use developments with apartments in 4/5 story blocks, town houses, 3 bed and bigger houses from the canals outwards. Skyline won't change too much with far more 10 story buildings in town, will it?

It just seems absurd to have 6 story multi-block developments of this kind in Stepaside, literally on the side of a mountain, and loads of 2 story detached houses in various spots within two or three miles of O'Connell or Grafton streets... My friends owned a standard 2-bed apartment in Stepaside previously and it was an urban living space, not much storage, etc but miles from anything resembling a true city environment!

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                    Looking at a place in Ranelagh on 1 acre on the market for 4.5m. No PP but expected to yield 18 units. Went for 8.9m so before you turn a sod you are looking at 500k at site. That might explain it....
                    Whereabouts was that?

Never mind, just seen it on line, sad that it doesn't really surprise me for that area. If they go with 18 units, it'll be 1.5 million minimum which seems standard now for there.

There's 3 new townhouses going up right beside me, will be interesting to see what they are pitched at
                    Last edited by Lao Lao; 09-05-18, 14:17.

Comment

Tremendous article about an intelligence officer for the CIA who became a beat cop: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...-who-came-home

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                        Definitely not Kilternan FFS, it's so rural around the proposed development it's more country than Dublin, even if it is in Dublin 18 (as is Glencullen I believe). It's crazy enough to see the apartment blocks up around Stepaside, and then the reluctance of various NIMBYs to have the same in vast swathes much closer to the city centre. Start by building more apartment blocks in Ballsbridge, Donnybrook, Terenure, etc... and come out to Kilternan in 50 years or so
                        ABP refused a scheme in kiltiernan last week because it wasn't dense enough at about 40 units per hectare so expect a lot more apt applications there. Made the case it's close enough to luas that higher density is required

Also that article is just wrong, other developments have been granted up there with apartment blocks but just not built yet.

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                            Vote Yes to Bilbao.

Fully booked up, flying to Santander Friday to Sunday. Tickets sorted and staying 6 mins walk to stadium.

No just have to get through a 5 day stag in Marbella, fly out tomorrow.
                            Alive somehow, lucky have a few days to recover.

Newcastle for next years final is some difference to Bilbao, might book now to avoid the hassle and to post a few smug Raoul brags.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                              Tremendous article about an intelligence officer for the CIA who became a beat cop: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...-who-came-home
                              Mate, be very careful reading the new Yorker, it's not an UNBIASED SOURCE, just to warn ya there cheers.
                              airport, lol

Comment

Alive somehow, lucky have a few days to recover.

Newcastle for next years final is some difference to Bilbao, might book now to avoid the hassle and to post a few smug Raoul brags.
                                watching the clock now....Biarritz for lunch tomorrow

Weather forecast for Sat is terrible btw.
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Shout out to who recommended "Atlanta" here few weeks back. Brilliant show that I don't think I'd have come across without the rec here.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                    Shout out to who recommended "Atlanta" here few weeks back. Brilliant show that I don't think I'd have come across without the rec here.
                                    Is it back? 2nd season like?
                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                      I'm about halfway through season 2 and it just gets better.

Comment

It's been excellent, final ep is this week. Couple of random eps focusing on other characters and one ep in particular paying homage to a popular Oscar nominated film.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

it's the rainiest part of France. standard.

i remember going to the basque country on holidays as a kid. you sometimes went 2 weeks without seeing the sun.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                              I'm about halfway through season 2 and it just gets better.
                                              Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                              It's been excellent, final ep is this week. Couple of random eps focusing on other characters and one ep in particular paying homage to a popular Oscar nominated film.
                                              First season was great, looking forward to tucking back in cheers
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Seen that alright, but I'm happy enough as I may have fell asleep in the Sun on the Stag.

Hopefully the Rugby village down by the river is covered as from what I hear all the bars are tiny.

Do you plan on going to Friday's game?

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaMan
                                                  Paperboy haircut episode is just about perfect 25minute tv
                                                  You are in for a treat
                                                  Immo

Comment

Can charitable donations be used to offset tax in Ireland or is that just an American thing?

EDIT: I have googled this but am not following what I've found very well.
                                                    Last edited by Keane; 09-05-18, 15:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                      Can charitable donations be used to offset tax in Ireland or is that just an American thing?
                                                      yes they can and that's pretty much standard everywhere nowadays (the countries i've been in anyway).

Comment

EDIT: I have googled this but am not following what I've found very well.
                                                        Yes. If it’s over 250 a year to a single charity. However if you are affected by Rev Max limits you may be restricted on the reliefs. Probably not a problem though.
                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                          where would I be able to buy a flip chart, not online, like in real life?
                                                          Viking.
                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

where would I be able to buy a flip chart, not online, like in real life?
                                                            It would be somewhat of a guess but local enough to you I'd imagine Farrell & Nephew in Newbridge might be your best bet.

*On second thoughts and again local, the art & hobby shop in the Whitewater too
                                                            Last edited by Guest; 09-05-18, 16:21.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                              Yes. If it’s over 250 a year to a single charity. However if you are affected by Rev Max limits you may be restricted on the reliefs. Probably not a problem though.
                                                              As in if I donate over a million? Maybe next year

Comment

Excel advice required -

I have a column full of numbers where i want to put 000 in front of each in one go, is this possible?

For example - the number 58943, I can manually put '000 in front of it and its sorted but I need to do it for a few hundred.

Comment

Been watching this a lot over the last few days.
                                                                  Just cannot get it out of my head.

Comment

Excel advice required -

I have a column full of numbers where i want to put 000 in front of each in one go, is this possible?

For example - the number 58943, I can manually put '000 in front of it and its sorted but I need to do it for a few hundred.
                                                                    Not sure about excel but gvim is godlike for stuff along these lines.

Comment

Excel advice required -

Put 000 into a cell, say A2.

Then type A$2$&B2 and copy your full list down (if you started in B2 for example)

Comment

Excel advice required -

convert to text and then concatenate

Comment

So sweet to hear McGuirk crying about this now on the Last Word.
                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

The polls obviously scaring them. Fully informed people is not whey they want.

Comment

FYI Jack - lots of posts today so it would be easy to miss these one. Just making sure that you don't.
                                                                              Type the words "18 months voting Ireland" into google and enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                Type the words "18 months voting Ireland" into google and enjoy.
                                                                                No no no. That’ll give us random things.

Let’s have the things that YOU read that gave interpretations of the Electoral Act, 1992.
                                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

The polls obviously scaring them. Fully informed people is not whey they want.
                                                                                  The polls scared Google?

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                    No no no. That’ll give us random things.

Let’s have the things that YOU read that gave interpretations of the Electoral Act, 1992.
                                                                                    I'm actually more interested in your intrepetation of the Act. Is it your own opinion or did you any sources yourself?

Comment

I'm actually more interested in your intrepetation of the Act. Is it your own opinion or did you any sources yourself?
                                                                                      Haha sweating. Your group will have you sent for retraining
                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Haha sweating. Your group will have you sent for retraining
                                                                                        I've stated the generally accepted definition of the Act, Kayroo has sought to redefine it the onus is on him to prove it.

Comment

Do you plan on going to Friday's game?
                                                                                          No. Staying in San Sebastian so no point.

Comment

As you’re aware, I was born yesterday and therefore fall for this sort of bullshit redirect.

I don’t care what interpretation you or I give the act. The simple fact, which you have never once been able to counter, is that there is no evidence of electoral fraud in Irish referendums, nor is there a credible suggestion that any might occur in this one.

The reason that s11 interpretations are unhelpful? It’s never been before a court as best I can tell. Not once. Which is, to a certain extent, my point. You allege electoral fraud will occur with zero basis for that belief beyond anecdote.

But let’s accept your world view for a moment. Even if you’re 100% right and even if this is as close as the tightest referendum in Irish history it would still take in excess of 10,000 illegal votes to sway the result. Ten thousand. That would be a change from no credible electoral fraud to over 10,000 illegal ballots. Even on your version of things it’s just not a real issue at all.

Comment

I've stated the generally accepted definition of the Act, Kayroo has sought to redefine it the onus is on him to prove it.
                                                                                              The onus of proof is on the person asserting an opinion??

This coming from you????

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                But let’s accept your world view for a moment. Even if you’re 100% right and even if this is as close as the tightest referendum in Irish history it would still take in excess of 10,000 illegal votes to sway the result. Ten thousand. That would be a change from no credible electoral fraud to over 10,000 illegal ballots. Even on your version of things it’s just not a real issue at all.
                                                                                                10,001 illegal ballots if someone illegally votes the wrong way.

Comment

I gave it the most generous conceivable interpretation for Jack’s benefit.

Like all nonsense conspiracy theories they fall apart completely when you look into them even a tiny TINY bit.

Comment

I think I saw somewhere that there are 40k eligible voters abroad. I wonder what sort of numbers are likely to travel home and vote?

Say there are another 40k potentially 'ineligible' who might still come home and do it on top.

Would you ever get 10k out of 80k? No idea what a likely number is.

Comment

Sheesh. Illegal voters only vote one way.

Didn't you read the manual?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                        You are in for a treat
                                                                                                        Immo
                                                                                                        florida man username. Lovely stuff

Comment

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that a criminal would tick the wrong box by mistake? I'm just asking questions.

Comment

Was running the @Ireland twitter account the other day - https://www.facebook.com/LdnIrishU4L/

One of my favourite papers - https://www.thecatholicuniverse.com/...e-eighth-16042

Another must read - https://www.christian.org.uk/news/ch...and-abortions/

Comment

Iwobi just had the worst shot on goal that i have seen in the history of football. Please take him with you when you go Wenger!

Comment

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that a criminal would tick the wrong box by mistake? I'm just asking questions.
                                                                                                                Yes. Unless it was a ballot paper.

The GlobaliberaleliteMSMsnowflakes don't leave this stuff to chance.

Comment

Excel advice required -

*1000

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                    Iwobi just had the worst shot on goal that i have seen in the history of football. Please take him with you when you go Wenger!
                                                                                                                    It's even worse when you watch it again

Comment

I think I saw somewhere that there are 40k eligible voters abroad. I wonder what sort of numbers are likely to travel home and vote?

Say there are another 40k potentially 'ineligible' who might still come home and do it on top.

Would you ever get 10k out of 80k? No idea what a likely number is.
                                                                                                                      I heard a figure on Newstalk yesterday that I was genuinely astonished at. 150k 'young people' not registered.

It put back in my head the argument that it should be a requirement to register and vote.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 09-05-18, 21:12.
                                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                          Heh. You've still got it strew!

Edit: no you don't. He wants the 000 in front not at end
                                                                                                                          Deadparrot nailed it. Simples

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X