Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Whats the Nokia story you are envisaging btw? Thought even their network stuff was a bit of an ancient dud at this stage?
    5G
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
      how expensive is malta tony/mrsFD ? also any live stuff coming up soon there ? will be mostly on the coast here in croatia for summer but if the weather is still decent there in winter i might go there for a few months, also if anyone has not been to croatia or is thinking about it for holiday this year i recommend it 100%
      Is it expensive there? We were looking at the idea of doing a bit of a sailing trip around the coast but had been a bit put off by reports that it is.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

hopefully his response was: ha ha! good one! *punch* ya got me! *swift knee in the bollixes* wait till the lads down the pub hear about the hoot yis are! *flying dragon kick*
          Average Irish lad
          Average East European lad

Those moves are only going one way.

Comment

Comment

SPOILER
              article in today’s Irish Times by Chris Fitzpatrick who is a consultant obstetrician and gynaecologist (and former master) at the Coombe Women and Infants’ University Hospital and a clinical professor at UCD’s School of Medicine

‘As I cycle to work foetuses look down at me from posters high up on the lampposts. They are as big as new-born babies. They tell me that their hearts are beating. They tell me that they can kick and yawn. They ask me to protect them. Their words are meant to hit you where it hurts most – in your heart.

The foetuses on the posters have no mothers. They are advanced for their age. They have grown-up thoughts. They choose their words carefully. They know how to get your attention. They know how to make you feel bad. I cycle on.

The images on the posters haunt me throughout the day. I am not thinking about the distraught woman waiting for tablets to come through the letter-box. I do not know about her yet. Her life is too complicated to hang on a street light. She keeps her story to herself. It’s far too long to fit on a poster. It’s longer than a novel.

Unlike the foetus on the poster, she has a million things going on in her head. She cries. She is afraid. She too knows all about the foetus. She has thought about nothing else for days. She calls it a baby in her mind. In her heart too. She knows how many weeks it is. She knows what size it is. It is much smaller than her thumb. She wonders if it is a boy or girl. She wishes things were different. But they are not. She has gone over and over it – a million times.

She has taken the tablets. She is not sure if they will work. She has never bought tablets on the internet before. When the pains start, she prays to God that the tablets are what they say they are on the packet. She tries to remember what she will say if she has to go into hospital. She will have to call a taxi. She has bought lots of pads in case the bleeding is heavy. She wonders what the doctors will say. She rehearses the lines of her made-up story. She will not tell them about the tablets unless she has to. She wonders what they will think of her.

Raw emotions
              I am a doctor. I am supposed to look after people. The woman sitting in front on me is crying. She has had a scan. Her baby’s brain has not developed. The baby will not survive. The woman is 20 weeks pregnant. Her partner has his arm around her. Her mother and father are on their way. Some of her in-laws too. I go over the options. It’s too early to make any decisions. Emotions are too raw. The midwife is very kind to them.

Six things to know about the abortion Bill
              Abortion: The Facts
              Abortion referendum tracker: check your politicians' views

We go through everything again the next day. The woman says she cannot go through the rest of the pregnancy. She is too upset. She is wringing her hands in anguish.

Life doesn’t fit on posters. When you try to oversimplify it you sometimes end up telling lies
              I cannot help her. She will have to go to England. She and her partner will have to make their own arrangements. Of course, I’ll see her back afterwards. She has our number. She will have to talk to the doctors in England about how to bring the baby home. She wants to bury her baby with her grandparents.

The woman is still crying. I offer her a tissue. I have a ticket for the hospital car park. They won’t have to pay on the way out. Inadequate gestures. Cold comfort. There is nothing more I can do. Doctors in another country will look after her. Everyone tells us how important communication between doctors is. I don’t lift a phone. I don’t write a letter. My hands are tied. As they leave, they thank me. I wonder: for what? I close the door of my office. I can hear the woman crying on the corridor.

It has been a long day at work. As I leave the hospital, a woman is getting out of a taxi. She looks pale. She has blood on her jeans. She is upset. A midwife has brought out a wheelchair. She wheels the woman towards the emergency room.

Oversimplification
              The evenings are getting longer. It’s still bright as I cycle home. I look up at the foetuses on the posters. Who put those words in their mouths? Those are not their thoughts or words. They cannot think or speak.

Life doesn’t fit neatly on posters. When you try to oversimplify it you sometimes end up telling lies.

As dusk falls, I look out the window. The streetlights have not come on yet. The noise of traffic has died down. Sometimes you see things more clearly when the light is less intense. The posters have turned grey. I cannot make out their words. They are silent.

I draw the curtains and turn on the television. Experts are arguing over the referendum. I wish they would stop and agree on something – just for once. In the end I turn it off.

My thoughts turn to the woman in the emergency room and the woman on her way to London. I hope they are alright. I will think about them again when I am holding the pencil in the polling booth. I will think about all the other women too. Then I will look into my heart – and I will vote Yes.’

- Prof Chris Fitzpatrick

Good Times article. What dja think Jacko?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                Is it expensive there? We were looking at the idea of doing a bit of a sailing trip around the coast but had been a bit put off by reports that it is.
                the coast would be more expensive than here in zagreb(city centre obv still more expensive than where i am) but for us its not expensive ive said a bunch of times to friends everything seems free here cos its impossible to spend money, but like max you'll spend for a beer is like 33 kuna which is about 4ish euro, but where i am its 11 kuna for a beer. food etc is pretty cheap too in restaurants weather is amazing would def suggest coming.

Comment

Even String knew not to hold no Nokia shares

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Whats the Nokia story you are envisaging btw? Thought even their network stuff was a bit of an ancient dud at this stage?
                  Think Raoul is a retro trader, he's always been bearish FB, he's bullish Nokia, AIB, he's probably putting some cash aside to get into the eircom floation.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Think Raoul is a retro trader, he's always been bearish FB, he's bullish Nokia, AIB, he's probably putting some cash aside to get into the eircom floation.
                    pets.com is the one for the case loots imo

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                        Heard a story about a lad who got a few quotes for a painting job on a rental a few weeks ago.
                        Lowest quote was 400 from a pair of scrots who he said he wouldn't let near the job. He showed the 400 quote to two Eastern European lads who had wanted 600 but he had used before and knew did good work. They said and I quote "if you want it done for 400 we can do it".
                        Yer man came in when the job was done and sure the walls were painted with cheap paint but all the light switches and skirtings etc were destroyed with paint. The boys just looked at him and said "on 400 job you don't get masking tape"
                        Sounds like both parties in your story are cunts TBF.

The lad getting the job done is trying to screw people he knows, has used before and knows can do a good job. To me, it's even worse that it's a rental as the cost of the work is tax deductable and 200 quid over the lifetime of the rental is pittance.

The lads doing the painting should have just said they couldn't do it at that price and explained why. Instead, they acted completely unprofessionally, could get a bad name and could effect future work with the guy hiring.

Reality is that it's probably just an urban myth spread by tradesman to try prevent a race to the bottom in the industry

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 27-04-18, 13:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                            This though was my fav from yesterday
                            Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                            looks more like an ABBA reunion
                            Is there a single positive thing that Trump has done since he was elected? iyo?
                            Forced this to happen
                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Must break CNNs hearts to have to write this https://edition.cnn.com/videos/world...a-amanpour.cnn

Comment

@ Danny, you won't need to skim your walls before painting. Use an industrial stripper and work from the bottom up. Rising steam makes the job a little easier as you work up. If the top layer isn't coming away easily by hand, score it to allow the steam get behind.

The stripper will allow you to scrape away all the backing but you will need to rub the walls afterwards with a light sandpaper before you can paint as the paste will leave a rough residue.
                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Also, don't skimp on paint. Don't buy Woodies own brand or the likes. It seems cheaper but it's not. You'll need an extra coat with it. Good brands like Dulux will usually coat in two, whereas you'll be putting a third one on to get the same coverage with the cheap stuff.
                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I'm with Danny on this one. Fuck that. Pay a guy to do it. Send herself away for the couple of days it's being done. Say you got a mate over to help.and pass it off as your own. Easy game.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                      I'm with Danny on this one. Fuck that. Pay a guy to do it. Send herself away for the couple of days it's being done. Say you got a mate over to help.and pass it off as your own. Easy game.
                                      It's a piece of piss job with and rented industrial stripper

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

It's going to be amazing. Trump described the Iran deal allowing spot inspections of all Iranian nuclear sites as garbage. So he'll undoubtedly get a much better deal in NK.
                                              Yeah definitely. It just shows the benefits of getting a proven deal maker in rather than a career politician. What an array of great achievements both foreign and domestic so far.

Comment

Anyone who (still) see's anything positive in this man is at best a gowl!
                                                Last edited by Guest; 27-04-18, 20:21.

Comment

That walk is a lovely moment. I'd imagine this is as significant for that region as the breakdown of German interior borders in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

Anyone who (still) see's anything positive in this man is at best a gowl!
                                                    He's favourite for a Nobel peace prize

Comment

U lumping on ?
                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Meaningless, fucking Kissinger won that shit!

Comment

And favourite to be reelected in 2020

Comment

And favourite to be reelected in 2020
                                                            Trump Trump Trump!

Need The C Kid to come back for 2024

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                              U lumping on ?
                                                              Have enough exposure with my Korea bet

Comment

Have enough exposure with my Korea bet
                                                                Remind us what that was? Unification? Started into a boxset of MASH, and am expecting something major before I get through all 256 episodes.
                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                  Remind us what that was? Unification? Started into a boxset of MASH, and am expecting something major before I get through all 256 episodes.
                                                                  Stop watching about one season after Alan Alda took over the writing!

Comment

I think i lasted 3 episodes, didnt last the test of time imo.
                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

That walk is a lovely moment. I'd imagine this is as significant for that region as the breakdown of German interior borders in Europe.
                                                                      LOL.

Kim is Gorbachev.

You don't really think glasnost and perestroika came out because auld Mikhail was a nice guy? It's because the whole rotten edifice was collapsing from within. As is NK.

Comment

If you add together how successful President Trump has been and the fact that the Democrats are increasingly more and more likely to select an unelectable candidate. Its looking good for 4 more years.

Comment

Stop watching about one season after Alan Alda took over the writing!
                                                                          Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                          I think i lasted 3 episodes, didnt last the test of time imo.
                                                                          Yeah. Only just finished the first season. Loved it as a kid, and so far it's not hitting my nostalgia buttons in a good way at all.

Any of ye watched the first episode of season 2 Westworld?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                            LOL.

Kim is Gorbachev.

You don't really think glasnost and perestroika came out because auld Mikhail was a nice guy? It's because the whole rotten edifice was collapsing from within. As is NK.
                                                                            I find that an odd comparison. NK is hardly collapsing, to misquote Trump it's always been a shithole.

Comment

I find that an odd comparison. NK is hardly collapsing, to misquote Trump it's always been a shithole.
                                                                              Au contraire.

Literally collapsing.

Comment

Abortion "discussion" coming up on the late late with audience participation. Could be car crash TV at its finest.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                  If you add together how successful President Trump has been and the fact that the Democrats are increasingly more and more likely to select an unelectable candidate. Its looking good for 4 more years.
                                                                                  I'm looking forward to some juicy odds on a 'President Anyone but Trump' bet in 2020, given this confidence level.

What are you offering?

Comment

Abortion "discussion" coming up on the late late with audience participation. Could be car crash TV at its finest.
                                                                                    Early not that out there prediction the yes side is loud and boisterous in their applause while the silent majority is quiet and considered.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                      I'm looking forward to some juicy odds on a 'President Anyone but Trump' bet in 2020, given this confidence level.

What are you offering?
                                                                                      You seem to mistake me for a bookmaker a lot. Due to my not been a bookmaker my odds will always be worse than market value so I suggest you shop in the usual spots.

Comment

You seem to mistake me for a bookmaker a lot. Due to my not been a bookmaker my odds will always be worse than market value so I suggest you shop in the usual spots.
                                                                                        Just a bull shitter
                                                                                        Not an odds taker
                                                                                        Good man jack
                                                                                        U and the gump are a good team
                                                                                        Vote jack gump

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Doesn't have to be money jack, we're not mercenaries here. Maybe if he loses you could agree to get a tattoo saying 'i sucked trump off and all I got was this lousy tattoo'. Something simple like that.
                                                                                              Or a charity bet. We're all about the giving.

Comment

Doesn't have to be money jack, we're not mercenaries here. Maybe if he loses you could agree to get a tattoo saying 'i sucked trump off and all I got was this lousy tattoo'. Something simple like that.
                                                                                                Tattoo smattoo...

Comment

Can't help noticing that we haven't yet been updated on which obscure Eastern European racist party is doing VERY INTERESTING THINGS, IT TELLS YOU A LOT REALLY this week. Does Czsetahmastan not have elections?
                                                                                                  Mass RAPES by BROWN immigrants in LONGFORD. Liberals MURDERED the BRAVE REPORTER who tried to raise THIS.

LIBERAL MURDERERS.

Comment

LOL Denny doesn't believe for a second that Trump is in any way responsible for detente in Korea, trolling us about Trump hasn't turned him into a complete fucking moron

Trump has the same level of involvement as Haughay had in Stephen Roche's tour de France
                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I do find it encouraging that most Americans just ignore Trump. And politics generally.

Very sensible. Great, great people. Beautiful people. Winning!

Comment

The young woman on the Late Late is very impressive.

Comment

Can we not turn the BBV into a twitter feed of the Late Late Show?

Comment

reminds me , had to post a card on wed past an oul biddy in the pissing rain , handing me a leaflet vote no. nah sorry no interest i said and walked off , get back here now she goes and we will talk about this . sorry in a rush I said no interest etc

came out of post office an ould fella tried to grab me same shit, I said sorry no not listening. walked off . The same ould wan got me again as had sky uniform on and said we need to talk , I said its like this I AM VOTING YES now fuck off !

I was prob a bit out of of line tbf as she was an aul biddy and had her beliefs as I had mine but jesus I was so fucking annoyed , her fucking leaflet with the usual dead feotus on full display on front cover .

should have maybe opened liveleak and made her watch a 14 yr old being raped and impregnated or something just to fucking annoy her
                                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                              Can we not turn the BBV into a twitter feed of the Late Late Show?
                                                                                                              Ya, fuck off to mumsnet the lot of ye
                                                                                                              Last edited by Guest; 27-04-18, 22:58.

Comment

...

Comment

Hey, hey you, ya, that's right you... fucktard!

President Trump calls into "Fox & Friends" and treats the hosts to an epic, incoherent rant about everything from Melania's birthday to his war against the "...

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                                                                    how expensive is malta tony/mrsFD ? also any live stuff coming up soon there ? will be mostly on the coast here in croatia for summer but if the weather is still decent there in winter i might go there for a few months, also if anyone has not been to croatia or is thinking about it for holiday this year i recommend it 100%
                                                                                                                    Depends what you mean by expensive. We found it a bit more expensive making the move from Letterkenny, but if you're making the move from Dublin or London, then it would be really cheap.

Average wage over here is about 18k p.a. but it's probably a lot lower than that in reality. Min wage is 4.40 or something, and there's lots of workers on not much more than that (builders, taxi, doormen, pub/restaurant staff). If you're in the gaming industry, then you can add 4-5k to that as non-customer support with some small experience.

To buy a plus 2-3 bedroom apartment in the top spots in the country will set up back €450k+. Rent on these properties starts at €1600 but can go up to €3k. Where we live, and almost all of the Irish and igaming contingent (Swieqi, St Julians, Sliema) is not cheap to live. You'll get a decent room for 400-700pm, a 1 bed for 600-1000pm, a 2-3 bed for 900-1400pm.

We live within a 10 min walk from the 3 casinos in the area, the cinema, the bowling alley, the beach, all the pubs and clubs. Pick up some of these apartments/houses and put them in the north/south or inland, and you can knock 25% off the price.

Taxis are cheap enough. 5-7e local in the evening. 19e to the airport (20 mins drive). Buses are 1.50 per trip in the non-summer months. (2e after that). You can use your ticket continuously for 2 hours without being charged. If you use a bus card, you can't pay more than 26e per month.

Doctors/hospitals are really cheap, especially if you want o go private.

You'll pay between 1.50-4.50e for a beer depending on where you go. Double vodka and coke will usually set up back 2-3e. Cocktails are usually 3-8 depending, but would average about 6.50e. Loads of happy hour though, so buy 1 get 1 free.

Cigarettes are 5.50-6.50e for packs of 20.

Fruit and veg can be expensive, and frozen stuff/meats are pretty expensive.

If you want to 'buy' a passport, it will cost you about €650k, but you'll need to buy property for €300-400k too.

For upcoming poker events.

Unibet Open starts 16th May - There's 10 events including a €220, €330 and an €1100 Main Event. Not sure if there's a guarantee on it.

Battle of Malta 25th October - €550 buyin with €1m gtd. Also a range of side events from €100-€300 plus a €1300 HR

Malta Poker Festival Nov 1st - €550 buyin with €500k gtd. Similar range of side events to the Battle of Malta.

The Battle of Malta has got 1800-2100 runners for the past 3 years, but this year it solds it's concept and brand to Casino Malta for €300k. Not long after it was sold, the old owners of the Battle of Malta announced an almost identical schedule 1 week later, hence 2 big games on in such a short space of time.

Comment

The young woman on the Late Late is very impressive.
                                                                                                                      Should get yourself out there too and stop hiding behind an online name.

Comment

Hey, hey you, ya, that's right you... fucktard!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTzM5MjGV-0
                                                                                                                        Awfully successful fucktard TBF

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X