Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only watched the first 2 episodes but really enjoying Killing Eve so far. Got through season 2 of Vice Principals which was very good if not a bit predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
      Well possible. But it'll kill him for someone to say they steered him on anything. Macron went to bed with the smuggest of grins last night.
      He's French, it's how they roll.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Very enjoyable thread on boards for any golfing enthusiasts:

Inspired by a poster in the inter club thread, what’s the worst behavior of an opponent you’ve ever come across in a club (or other kind of) match?

Originally posted by moycullen14
        Club matchplay a couple of years ago against a pair of high(ish) handicappers.
        All going swimmingly, a couple up after 7 or 8 holes.

Then the farting starts. One of them must have been on the sauce the night before, washed down with a couple of vindaloos. Well, he proceeded to fart his way around the course. Not mild, restrained ones; Oh no, massive effort going into these emissions, you could have heard them in the clubhouse.

Crazy thing was his partner didn't seem to notice, he must have been deaf. I wouldn't have gone within 10 yards of him. Anyway, the expected happens, we collapse - just can't concentrate, waiting for the next explosion. They win with a few holes to spare. I couldn't wait to get away in case he - literally - sh*t the course.

Don't know if it was deliberate or not but it was the most effective piece of gamemanship I ever came across. As P Flynn would say, 'Try it sometime'

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
          Saw this on twitter earlier so it doesn't look like it is.

I see the NUI college exams seem to finish at least a week before the vote, could get some students off on the J1s etc.

Severe lack of opinion polls for this referendum.

Comment

What kind of music you after? I've never been but always got the impression Benicassim was Spain's oxygen. Primavera and sonar are both fantastic Festivals in Barca if you aren't tied to a date
            Thats exactly it, dates are deciding it with Gf"s work. Both those were my first preferences, along with BBK in Bilbao and an insane looking one in Iceland.
            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

The best football Ad ever . https://youtu.be/_iU9G9JApFU

Comment

President Trump higher than Obama in the polls at this stage in his presidency!

Comment

Just got tickets to see Pearl Jam outside of Venice in June. Last time I saw them was Austin City Limits where they headlined with Outkast & Eminem

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                    "the polls"
                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                      I take it it is too late to change your address for the referendum by this stage? Can you do an RFA3 still?
                      Last day forms accepted in the office was the 3rd of May i think i read.You def have till end of month
                      airport, lol

Comment

Very enjoyable thread on boards for any golfing enthusiasts:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...p?t=2057855883
                        FML (but tyty). Just reading about golf making me mad.

Got another 15cm of snow here today and way above average snowfall all winter- courses fucked until mid May Id say. Was . +10 on weekend for two days and we still have foot and a half of snow on our lawn.

Im driving a 6 hour round trip on Sunday for 36 holes in a place called Medicine Hat.
                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                          Thats exactly it, dates are deciding it with Gf"s work. Both those were my first preferences, along with BBK in Bilbao and an insane looking one in Iceland.
                          The iceland one where its like 24hrs of daylight? read a review of it before sounded strange with no sunfall people unsure when to start setting it up a gear!

Come back and do Sonar again if its your thing, going for my 5th year of it this year
                          airport, lol

Comment

The iceland one where its like 24hrs of daylight? read a review of it before sounded strange with no sunfall people unsure when to start setting it up a gear!

Come back and do Sonar again if its your thing, going for my 5th year of it this year
                            Where do you stay for Sonar and do you do the days and nights? Was thinking of just going over and doing the 2 nights.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                              SPOILER
                              that Carl was some pussy. Letters were gay. Stfu Carl
                              Walking dead

SPOILER
                              For such a horrible kid and pain in the ass character, he did come into his own the last season and who would have thunk he may be an integral part in the new world, i loved his letters, holding back the tears for all of them.
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Got another 15cm of snow here today and way above average snowfall all winter- courses fucked until mid May Id say. Was . +10 on weekend for two days and we still have foot and a half of snow on our lawn.

Im driving a 6 hour round trip on Sunday for 36 holes in a place called Medicine Hat.
                                Watching a youtuber there and he had freezing rain, get the scrapers out !
                                This too shall pass.

Comment

I've moved address in last year. If I turn up at the polling station with my driving lenience which has my old address on it, is this sufficient ?

Comment

If only take into account one clearly biased source

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                      Walking dead

SPOILER
                                      For such a horrible kid and pain in the ass character, he did come into his own the last season and who would have thunk he may be an integral part in the new world, i loved his letters, holding back the tears for all of them.
                                      SPOILER
                                      I couldn't stand CORAL until his death scenes, then I liked him. I found it quite sad when he died and I liked his letters too

Did you watch the season finale yet? Don't want to write something in case...

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                        Where do you stay for Sonar and do you do the days and nights? Was thinking of just going over and doing the 2 nights.
                                        I usually do the days and the nights but to be honest you'd be grand with just the nights. And there's plenty of off sonar party's of you wanna keep going during the day.
                                        We get an apartment usually somewhere not too far from the day Festival which is in the middle of the city.
                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                          If only take into account one clearly biased source

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.90278a6d702c
                                          Yes because the Washington Post is a bastion of impartiality not controlled by a zillionaire with dodgy business practices who President Trump is openly challenging.

Comment

Yes because the Washington Post is a bastion of impartiality not controlled by a zillionaire with dodgy business practices who President Trump is openly challenging.
                                            Even if he is ahead, it's the equivalent of Stoke shouting about being on top of the league after the first game.
                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                              1 night probably more than enough. Plenty of other parties on around bcn over sonar. Stayed in the diagonal Mar area any time I was over for sonar.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

I could Google it but more fun to ask you to perform the etymology.

Why is it called Medicine Hat?

Comment

I'd say if you polled the US public any time after a military action and asked them what their approval ratings were for the Prez, the answer would be 'high'.

Launching missiles is to the yanks what winning a match in a World Cup is to the Irish.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                    When is this? Might influence certain choices
                                                    This will be July. Hoping to do Pamplona and San Sebastian pre Bilbao which gives 6 nights for France. 3 destinations for 2 nights be ideal, will prob drive so can check places out on the way too.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                      When is this? Might influence certain choices
                                                      This will be July. Hoping to do Pamplona and San Sebastian pre Bilbao which gives 6 nights for France. 3 destinations for 2 nights be ideal, will prob drive so can check places out on the way too.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                        1 night probably more than enough. Plenty of other parties on around bcn over sonar. Stayed in the diagonal Mar area any time I was over for sonar.
                                                        I wouldnt agree with that. The night is too good, still plenty of time for other parties if you're over for a few days.
                                                        Lineup for night looking great this year too. Plus bumper cars
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

538 has Trump behind every president for the last 50 years.

FiveThirtyEight is tracking Donald Trump’s approval ratings throughout his presidency.

Comment

FiveThirtyEight is tracking Donald Trump’s approval ratings throughout his presidency.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                              SPOILER
                                                              I couldn't stand CORAL until his death scenes, then I liked him. I found it quite sad when he died and I liked his letters too

Did you watch the season finale yet? Don't want to write something in case...
                                                              Yes !
                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Because Obama had used up all his political capital trying to introduce Universal Health Care for the greater good
                                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

@Tar: there’s no way they have correct planning permission to be converting places to Airbnb, and they’re dopes for openly stating it. Tell your mate to report to DCC, inform his LL that he has done same and has no intention of moving. Make it a battle of wills and the LL likely fucks up and does something that gives your mate leverage in PRTB / Court.
                                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                    Because Obama had used up all his political capital trying to introduce Universal Health Care for the greater good
                                                                    There is no greater good in democracy, you do what the people elect you to do. Greater good is reserved for undemocratic systems (usually doesn't work out well).

Comment

Severe lack of opinion polls for this referendum.
                                                                      all say the same thing though

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                        all say the same thing though
                                                                        Nearly a month since the last one! A lot could have changed since then.

Comment

We need a Rasmussen poll obv

Comment

We need a Rasmussen poll obv
                                                                            What do you want to know ?
                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

I think it is obvious the No side is running a more effective campaign so far would be interesting to see if it has had any effect.

Comment

I think it is obvious the No side is running a more effective campaign so far would be interesting to see if it has had any effect.
                                                                                Obvious how? Because they got their opus dei money in early and put up loads of posters?

Also, isn't your boy Donny a big fan of pointing out how wrong polls were?

Comment

Quick question for the DIY people, would there be much of a difference between renting a wallpaper stripper from the likes of Sam Hire or a store bought one?
                                                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Sitting in the airport, the airplane hasn't arrived yet and there's a giant queue of people.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                      Obvious how? Because they got their opus dei money in early and put up loads of posters?

Also, isn't your boy Donny a big fan of pointing out how wrong polls were?
                                                                                      They will be wrong with a margin, they seem to underestimate conservative candidates and issues. They aren't going to be 20% wrong though.

Comment

They will be wrong with a margin, they seem to underestimate conservative candidates and issues. They aren't going to be 20% wrong though.
                                                                                        How would a poll underestimate anything if they're just reporting on the data?

Generally I have think the flaw with them is people's reluctance to say they're on the unpopular side even to a total stranger

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                          How would a poll underestimate anything if they're just reporting on the data?

Generally I have think the flaw with them is people's reluctance to say they're on the unpopular side even to a total stranger
                                                                                          You just answered your own question.

Comment

Same Sex Marriage polling just prior to the vote underestimated the No side by around 13%.

http://www.thejournal.ie/marriage-re...09857-May2015/

Comment

Same Sex Marriage polling just prior to the vote underestimated the No side by around 13%.

http://www.thejournal.ie/marriage-re...09857-May2015/
                                                                                              Interestingly:

There is no way of accurately calculating how many ‘shy No voters’ there are. Red C attempted to figure it out by asking the people they polled last week what they believe the outcome of the referendum will be – as distinct from which way they will vote. The result was 61 per cent of likely voters saying they think the referendum will be passed, while 38 said they think it will be defeated.

Comment

Interestingly:
                                                                                                Very interesting! Would be great if they did something similar this time.

Comment

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/
                                                                                                  Don’t tell jack

Comment

The Trump administration has been an absolute shitshow, disaster week in week out. Hannity stuff is interesting in he was attacking the DOJ/special council about the Cohen situation but doesn't digress he's repped by Cohen, shady shit.

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                                                      Don’t tell jack
                                                                                                      Hmm not sure that site has any credibility anymore https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...tion-forecast/

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                        @Tar: there’s no way they have correct planning permission to be converting places to Airbnb, and they’re dopes for openly stating it. Tell your mate to report to DCC, inform his LL that he has done same and has no intention of moving. Make it a battle of wills and the LL likely fucks up and does something that gives your mate leverage in PRTB / Court.
                                                                                                        Cheers, I must check is there a way for him to know. I'll pass on what you and Keane said.

Comment

Hmm not sure that site has any credibility anymore https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...tion-forecast/
                                                                                                          You surely realise on a poker forum that people have some understanding of probabilities, odds and aggregation - up your game.

Comment

You surely realise on a poker forum that people have some understanding of probabilities, odds and aggregation - up your game.
                                                                                                            They weren't even close in their estimation.

Comment

Seems they've set up this over the past few years to rent out the apartments:

Comment

538 'Who will win the presidency?':

Electoral votes
                                                                                                                Hillary Clinton

302.2

Donald Trump

235.0

Evan McMullin

0.8

Gary Johnson

0.0
                                                                                                                Rasmussen 'Our Final 2016 Picks':

Clinton 322, Trump 216; 50-50 Senate; GOP holds House
                                                                                                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

538 'Who will win the presidency?':

Rasmussen 'Our Final 2016 Picks':

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You do realise I am not a massive Rasmussen supporter or something right? It was a like with like comparison with Obama. Polls always underestimate conservatives so probably you can add some extra points onto Trump and he is ahead even more.

Comment

Do people generally change their opinion on abortion?

Idk I don't think pro-life people are as likely to be shy voters.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                      Do people generally change their opinion on abortion?
                                                                                                                      Even with the polls you posted there is a substantial number of don't knows.

Comment

You do realise I am not a massive Rasmussen supporter or something right? It was a like with like comparison with Obama. Polls always underestimate conservatives so probably you can add some extra points onto Trump and he is ahead even more.
                                                                                                                        My post has a like for like comparison of electoral college predictions. You have just said 538 have no credibility based on predictions far superior to Rasmussen's, who's poll you are happy to stand over. You must surely realise how one-eyed this comes across?

'538 have no credibility because they called the election wrong, says man who credits poll from organisation who called the election wronger'.

You appear to credit or discredit polls, aggregators etc based on whether they reflect your viewpoint.

Comment

FAO DeadParrot etc I've been trying out realdebrid for a little bit and it seems to work spot on, would suggest giving it a lash.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X