Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
    Anyone read the Irish Times weekend Review piece on O’Brien and INM? Feels like this should have major repercussions. What am I missing?
    Very well put together.

INM: Hey Leslie, how much, should we pay DOB, you know, the guy who nominated you on our board, for his loss making company Newstalk, €35 mil or €14 mil as advised by Davy?

Leslie: €35 mil of course. "Do you not get it lads?"
    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
      Yeah exactly, Sexton was getting game time and developing at an impressive rate.

Yes, one of my thoughts was send him to play in NZ for a year, write off ireland and come back much better, kind of like what Haskell did a few years back.
      There's no way he will be let go to NZ as he is the heir to throne (even if it might be in his best interests). If this was 2016 he might have had a chance of that.

There's no way hes getting out of IRFU control. Most likely scenario is obviously sticks with Leinster but Sexton starts all Champions Cup and Ireland games if fit (bar maybe a dead rubber Australia test, one of the Autumn internationals and at severe push the Italy 6 nations game). Best he can hope for is a few inter-pro starts and hopefully a few competitive other Pro 14 games although Leinster seem happy to stick with Ross Byrne for the most part at 10 as he is the one running the show on the international windows.

Munster have two adequate 10's and Keatley is probably our number 3 outhalf at the moment. Connacht play nice rugby (althought not very successfully this year but will improve) maybe more suited to Joey but no Champions Cup. Hence, your left with Ulster (who I believe will be a lot better next year). Although not guaranteed a Champions Cup slot it is likely.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            I've actually used a few valuation reports of theirs as teaching case studies in quite a few countries at this stage - UK, Germany, Slovenia, France, Ireland - on how bad analysts are at valuing companies. Like I use their reports at undergrad and MBA (aka worse than undergrad) level because it's so obvious the flaws. You couldn't show them to Masters students as the flaws are so basic.

/a tangent, I know, but the gravitas given to Irish brokers irks me immensely!
            The thing about all these things its usually of case of here is what we want please produce the report/analysis etc to get this result.

Comment

it's a golden era for feminist. No wonder the men are trying to nuke each other.

Comment

Not sure what prompted the Leone love-in but the IFI are showing the Dollars trilogy over the next 3 Sundays
                Last edited by Ed; 14-04-18, 22:54.

Comment

I'd imagine the lower value makes more sense, but can't let slide the implication that Davy are in any way competent. They have never successfully valued a company correctly in their entire existence. You couldn't make up how bad their ability to value stuff is.
                  Might you have been working as a consultant for IBI Corporate Finance at the time?

On December 5th, Preston also made a protected disclosure. His was made to INM director Len O’Hagan, and it supported what Pitt had said in relation to the Newstalk issue.

On the valuation that had been put on Newstalk by IBI, Preston said he thought it was “crazy” and that the logic used to support the valuation was “bordering on insulting”. He even thought the Davy valuation was “excessive”.
                  You are not the only one questioning the Davy numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                    it's a golden era for feminist. No wonder the men are trying to nuke each other.
                    You keep topping yourself with these terrible posts but on a weird, not funny yet downward curve.

I admire the commitment though x

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                      You keep topping yourself with these terrible posts but on a weird, not funny yet downward curve.

Love your work sweet cheeks

Comment

Love your work sweet cheeks
                        You're the ronnie drew of BBV.

Better?

Comment

You're the ronnie drew of BBV.

Better?
                          Fabulous my absolute fav wolf pack puppy. You are class. Newsletter ?

Comment

Fabulous my absolute fav wolf pack puppy. You are class. Newsletter ?
                            Will pm you it and some numbers for counselling.

Comment

Good night ladies .

This chune is class.

Comment

Will pm you it and some numbers for counselling.
                                I bet you have them all cheers for the leg up

Comment

The tilting thing is the missing s

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                      The tilting thing is the missing s
                                      Typical feminist , nitpicking. Come on sister .

Chd thanks for the PM. The arsenic is in the glass. Now what ?

Comment

Jesus, scenes in the Commonwealth marathon there.
                                        Leader just collapsed.

Edit : Scottish guy about 500 metres clear with 3K to go. Legs/body completely went, eyes shut, kept on running but couldn't keep a straight line and his head was whacking off the side rail going over a bridge. Then just keeled over.
                                        Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 15-04-18, 00:33.

Comment

Good piece on the anti war response to Syria https://leilashami.wordpress.com/201...mpression=true

Comment

I bet you have them all cheers for the leg up
                                            You married the first woman you could say that to. Don't use it on me. Won't work.

Comment

Good night ladies .

This chune is class.

https://youtu.be/pBkHHoOIIn8
                                              No 5 in me top 20 of 2017 so it was, great tune!

Comment

You married the first woman you could say that to. Don't use it on me. Won't work.
                                                Ooh woo, I'm a rebel just for kicks now

I been feeling it since 1966 now

Might be over now, but I feel it still

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                  There's no way he will be let go to NZ as he is the heir to throne (even if it might be in his best interests). If this was 2016 he might have had a chance of that.

There's no way hes getting out of IRFU control. Most likely scenario is obviously sticks with Leinster but Sexton starts all Champions Cup and Ireland games if fit (bar maybe a dead rubber Australia test, one of the Autumn internationals and at severe push the Italy 6 nations game). Best he can hope for is a few inter-pro starts and hopefully a few competitive other Pro 14 games although Leinster seem happy to stick with Ross Byrne for the most part at 10 as he is the one running the show on the international windows.

Munster have two adequate 10's and Keatley is probably our number 3 outhalf at the moment. Connacht play nice rugby (althought not very successfully this year but will improve) maybe more suited to Joey but no Champions Cup. Hence, your left with Ulster (who I believe will be a lot better next year). Although not guaranteed a Champions Cup slot it is likely.
                                                  Is the Ulster move not already decided for him and jordie murphy? Especially with Jackson being released it doesn't look like the irfu is planning on backing out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                    Is the Ulster move not already decided for him and jordie murphy? Especially with Jackson being released it doesn't look like the irfu is planning on backing out of it.
                                                    Jordie Murphy has been locked in for a while. Haven't heard anything about Joey.

Comment

UFC main event last night - early contender for fight of the year

Comment

I think you're probably right, its a shame he wont play that much at Leinster as the guy has vision and an understanding of depth and space which eludes most. Ulster would make more sense if in the Champions Cup with the young 9 there.

I will say, never in my life did I think Keatley would become the 3rd choice 10.

Comment

Ooh woo, I'm a rebel just for kicks now

I been feeling it since 1966 now

Might be over now, but I feel it still
                                                          Wait, oh yeah, wait a minute Mr. Postman.

Comment

Jordie Murphy has been locked in for a while. Haven't heard anything about Joey.
                                                            It’s surely just a one season loan for joey. Had thought it was done but maybe not in that case

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                              It’s surely just a one season loan for joey. Had thought it was done but maybe not in that case
                                                              Permanent move for Murphy as far as I know.

Comment

Jackson is off to Clermont it seems.

Comment

Permanent move for Murphy as far as I know.
                                                                  Perm is what I heard too

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                    Jackson is off to Clermont it seems.
                                                                    Olding rumoured to Exeter.

Some justice with both going to reigning champions!

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                      I think you said previously your gf was Asian, so not sure if she is entitled to vote. But check it out if you aren't sure, her or some of her friends may fall within the rules but not realise they are entitled to vote.
                                                                      And make sure the other people you refer to are registered in a convenient constituency for May25th and subsequently make the effort to vote.
                                                                      Its something we can all pro-actively do and is likely to bear much better results than debating it on boards or facebook with supposed 'don't knows'.
                                                                      Asian girl is long in the past! Found an Irish woman who has been putting up with me the last couple of years.

Completely agree on the sentiment however. You can’t guarantee all the people you get registered would vote Yes if course, but most people in my circle will.
                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                        UFC main event last night - early contender for fight of the year
                                                                        don't think i've ever seen a boring Gaethje fight tbh. The whole main card was excellent

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                          Asian girl is long in the past! Found an Irish woman who has been putting up with me the last couple of years.

Completely agree on the sentiment however. You can’t guarantee all the people you get registered would vote Yes if course, but most people in my circle will.
                                                                          Hopefully one good thing that came out of the Brexit vote is the understanding that sitting at home thinking their vote wont be important will make people get up and vote.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                            Hopefully one good thing that came out of the Brexit vote is the understanding that sitting at home thinking their vote wont be important will make people get up and vote.

The turnout for the Brexit referendum was historically the highest turnout ever for a whole UK referendum. Also higher turnout than any General Election since 1992.

Comment

The turnout for the Brexit referendum was historically the highest turnout ever for a whole UK referendum. Also higher turnout than any General Election since 1992.
                                                                              For reference the turnout for the Brexit referendum was higher turnout than Ireland has ever had for a referendum bar The Draft Constitution in 1937.

Comment

The amount of people afterwards who didn't vote, said they didn't think there was any need for them to vote as they assumed it would never happen was massive. Irrespective of the results. I am meaning that every vote may count and don't sit on your arse and think others will do it for you.

30% didn't vote. What could have been the difference in the vote?

51.89% voted to leave and 48.11% to stay. So it could easily have swung the other way.
                                                                                Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 15-04-18, 12:46.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                    The amount of people afterwards who didn't vote, said they didn't think there was any need for them to vote as they assumed it would never happen was massive. Irrespective of the results. I am meaning that every vote may count and don't sit on your arse and think others will do it for you.

30% didn't vote. What could have been the difference in the vote?
                                                                                    There is always a % of people who don't vote, in the case of the Brexit vote the amount who didn't vote was the lowest ever. The media put a lot of focus on that narrative of people not voting as they are trying to build leverage for a re-vote but the facts show otherwise.

Comment

The turnout for the Brexit referendum was historically the highest turnout ever for a whole UK referendum.
                                                                                      Or to the put it in a less sensational way it was a higher turnout than the other two referendums the UK has had in it's 217 year history.

Comment

Or to the put it in a less sensational way it was a higher turnout than the other two referendums the UK has had in it's 217 year history.
                                                                                        And what about the other two benchmarks?

Comment

And what about the other two benchmarks?
                                                                                          Something about it being a higher turnout than Ireland gets?

You're not thick, I'm sure you know they aren't comparable figures unless we know the levels of maintenance of the voting registers. I still get a polling card for an address in D7 I left in 2003.
                                                                                          UK has the facility to do postal votes as well.

Comment

You're not thick, I'm sure you know they aren't comparable figures unless we know the comparable levels of maintenance of the voting registers. I still get a polling card for an address in D7 I left in 2003.
                                                                                            And what about the highest turnout since 1992 general election and even then within a few % points of the highest turnout since WW2?

Are you suggesting the Brexit turnout was below average?

Comment

Teaching the kid how to Google stuff. Basic stuff like look up the weather to see what clothes to wear. It's amazing how unperturbed she is by the ability to do this. And also kinda mad how she's gone from pretty much knowing nothing last year about anything to the amount of skills that have been unlocked this year.
                                                                                              I got an Alexa and Aimee asks it about the weather and other things too. When she was little she used voice to ask google things, but now she types away. It is amazing what they are learning with the use of technology.

Mind you, she has turned into a bit of a grammar nazi! I was chatting to my boss over slack. He wrote something, she looked at it and said. "Mummy, he hasn't started his sentence with a capital, he misspelled that word there and he hasn't used a full stop!"

She is always telling me to use capitals as well. Little shit!

Comment

...

Comment

Got this from Reddit. A list of things the forces of darkness has opposed in Ireland:

1944 – Tampons (may arouse women)
                                                                                                  1950 – Mother & Child Scheme
                                                                                                  1970 – Studying at Trinity College
                                                                                                  1973 – Married women in the Civil Service
                                                                                                  1985 – Contraception
                                                                                                  1986 – Divorce
                                                                                                  1993 – Decriminalisation of homosexuality
                                                                                                  1996 – Divorce
                                                                                                  2005 – Ferns report into child abuse
                                                                                                  2010 – Civili Partnerships
                                                                                                  2013 – Abortions if mother’s life was at risk
                                                                                                  2015 – Equal Marriage
                                                                                                  2018 – Abortion

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                    Got this from Reddit. A list of things the forces of darkness has opposed in Ireland:

1944 – Tampons (may arouse women)
                                                                                                    1950 – Mother & Child Scheme
                                                                                                    1970 – Studying at Trinity College
                                                                                                    1973 – Married women in the Civil Service
                                                                                                    1985 – Contraception
                                                                                                    1986 – Divorce
                                                                                                    1993 – Decriminalisation of homosexuality
                                                                                                    1996 – Divorce
                                                                                                    2005 – Ferns report into child abuse
                                                                                                    2010 – Civili Partnerships
                                                                                                    2013 – Abortions if mother’s life was at risk
                                                                                                    2015 – Equal Marriage
                                                                                                    2018 – Abortion
                                                                                                    I am surprised that woman were allowed to walk beside their partners and not two steps behind

Comment

You're not thick, I'm sure you know they aren't comparable figures unless we know the levels of maintenance of the voting registers. I still get a polling card for an address in D7 I left in 2003.
                                                                                                      You should note it may be an offence under the Electoral Act to be aware you have a duplicate registration and not get it corrected!

Comment

You should note it may be an offence under the Electoral Act to be aware you have a duplicate registration and not get it corrected!
                                                                                                        It’s not.

Just don’t intentionally ask for two ballot papers or use two ballot papers and you’re fine.
                                                                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                          It’s not.

Just don’t intentionally ask for two ballot papers or use two ballot papers and you’re fine.
                                                                                                          By knowing you already have a ballot paper issued and then requesting another one that is intentionally asking for two ballot papers.

Comment

I wont be voting again unless they juggle the polling station clerks to random streets. Always the same clerks covering the same streets and my one is so tilting.
                                                                                                            One of them crosses out your name with a ruler and hands it to the next person to do something equally important before you get your card. Takes 2 of them of course.

Comment

Any interest in a little music king competition?

Happy to change the format a little to 2 songs a round and we can even do a random draw for genres each round for a bit of variety.

Thank this post for interest and we'll see if we've got the numbers:

from »This Is Happening« (2010)Thanks to James Murphy and his friends for making music. We appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                don't think i've ever seen a boring Gaethje fight tbh. The whole main card was excellent
                                                                                                                I think the 2nd eye poke actually worked in Poirier's favour. He was gassing and the leg would eventually have completely gave out. However he recovered well and took his chance. Gaethje is some man to brawl, always guaranteed 100% entertainment.

Comment

ONE BILLION VIEWS on February 17, 2020 📅“Take On Me” has been remastered in stunning 4K resolution - watch it now!📺 Watch all the official a-ha videos here...

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                                    We can definitely do a cheesy 80s pop round.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                      We can definitely do a cheesy 80s pop round.
                                                                                                                      Is there a tunes you should have known, but only listened to after you heard them in Buffy The Vampire Slayer round?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                                        I think the 2nd eye poke actually worked in Poirier's favour. He was gassing and the leg would eventually have completely gave out. However he recovered well and took his chance. Gaethje is some man to brawl, always guaranteed 100% entertainment.
                                                                                                                        maybe, but i don't think it influenced the fight that much (other than a point being docked). Gaethje is a fantastic brawler, but brawling is fine as long as you win, when you start losing (and that's now 2 in a row), you just end up just having entertainment value. he's going to have to change his game up a little if he wants any kind of longevity in the UFC.

Comment

By knowing you already have a ballot paper issued and then requesting another one that is intentionally asking for two ballot papers.
                                                                                                                          That's not what you said in your post. You said it may be an offence to know that you are registered in two places and not correct it. That is not an offence. It couldn't be since you aren't the one responsible for the register, the local council is. Personation, what you're referring to, is different.
                                                                                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X