Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about the class thing, surely the vast majority of rugby supporters, clubs and players in Ireland are middle class?

Young Munster maybe an exception.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Mind you, aren't all soccer supporters meant to be working class sons of the proletariat?

And then Jose complains about Old Trafford being like a morgue....

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
        Well yeah being middle class they're the ones that can afford to travel, but we're talking about home atmospheres here.
        There is no difference any more between lower middle class and working class other than manners

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
          There is no difference any more between lower middle class and working class other than manners
          I beg your pardon sir, move yer fookin' hole

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
            Remove the Xmas and you're describing 99% of rugby matches
            Guilty

Comment

BOOM.

Comment

Well yeah being middle class they're the ones that can afford to travel, but we're talking about home atmospheres here.
                You're all west Brits!

You're from a republic, stop calling the working poor working class and the working well off middle class, ya soup taking bastards

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                  You're all west Brits!

You're from a republic, stop calling the working poor working class and the working well off middle class, ya soup taking bastards
                  Sorry Comrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    Mind you, aren't all soccer supporters meant to be working class sons of the proletariat?

And then Jose complains about Old Trafford being like a morgue....
                    Jet lag after flying in from Japan!

Comment

sickener for the Lunster chimps.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        Sorry Comrade.

Bad when a lad from the West, who qualifies for a British passport is calling YOU a west Brit

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                          sickener for the Lunster chimps.
                          Still some work to do. Big conversion by Farrell there.

Comment

My youngest, in my mind, is a ridiculous rugby talent. Only 10, but such a good rugby brain, and tackles like a truck, without an ounce of anger. If he gets past his laziness (very French), it's great to think he qualifies automatically for France, England... Or Ireland

Comment

That's the game. In fairness to Saracens, they put it up to us but fairly one-dimensional in attack.

Could be sweating the dream final now.....Leinster-Munster. ONE TIME.

Comment

Did the commentator just say Racing-Munster is in Bordeaux?

There'll be more red there than blue!

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                  https://www.wbir.com/mobile/article/...s/51-532281990

...Fuck Lazare, some difference this year compared to the year of the documentary...No one even came close this year...
                                  Brutal conditions apparently. The Irish lad completed two loops but missed the cut off on the second one. Likely because he broke his shoulder a bit into the first loop.

Looking forward to reading his race report.
                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                    Any appetite for The Masters Golf comp thing this year? Thank post if you'd be keen and il get it rolling.

/Thanks whoore.
                                    ...Are you gonna be running something for this, or are people going for the one NicNic linked?...

Comment

It's a class thing. We've been here before. Teams with a lower class following always make more noise.
                                      This is Ireland we don't have class, only money and education to categorise us
                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Bit of a tosser but Poults sure has a big heart.
                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                          ...He wasn't ever gonna miss that putt was he...Im actually funking for him in this...

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                            Poults is a fucking hero
                                            airport, lol

Comment

The West African family 3 doors down have been in full-on party mode for about 10 hours now, tunes blasting since mid Sunday afternoon.

At the risk of going slightly Jack90210mode it would have been nice if they'd slipped a note through the door to say the entire cul-de-sac would be blocked off with cars randomly strewn across the road and gangs of the womenfolk in floral headdress all jabbering at about 100 decibels so they could hear themselves above the row of speakers in the garden blaring out their favourite tunes.

I sneak me head out the front door every now and then, part disapproving, part hoping for an invite. Neither look having any effect.

That the non-stop rain is keeping most of it indoors is kinda mad, what would it have been like otherwise?

Comment

Bit racist there m8

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                  Bit racist there m8
                                                  You think? I was trying to avoid coming across that way.
                                                  I'd like to think I'm tolerable to every creed or race who doesn't have the foundations of my house shaking at 2.21 in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                    I'd like to think I'm tolerable to every creed or race who doesn't have the foundations of my house shaking at 2.21 in the morning.
                                                    West African. You could of just called them cunts, colour doesn't matter. Humans are cunts.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                      West African. You could of just called them cunts, colour doesn't matter. Humans are cunts.
                                                      Have you decided on a bet for us to put on yet to make us both rich, young RiggerJnr?
                                                      I'm older so you'll need to reach a decision in the next 15 years or so.

Edit. It pains me that you said 'could of' instead of 'could have' by the way.
                                                      Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 02-04-18, 01:31.

Comment

Have you decided on a bet for us to put on yet to make us both rich, young RiggerJnr?
                                                        I'm older so you'll need to reach a decision in the next 15 years or so.
                                                        How much is it for and I'll tell you what to put it on when I'm off on Tuesday

Comment

Max Holloway takes on Khabib with 6 days notice after Ferguson pulls out after freak injury.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                              Wow who would have thought AJ would be first to crack under the Jack pressure.
                                                              I'd like to think I'll always be for multiculturalism combined with a good nights uninterrupted sleep.

Comment

Tolerable me hole, hey cunts/lads any chance ye could calm down/invite me

Thats it, thats all there is, everything else is pandering and fear!

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                                  Max Holloway takes on Khabib with 6 days notice after Ferguson pulls out after freak injury.
                                                                  Mad. Be even more mad if he can pull it off.
                                                                  Rigger Snr.
                                                                  "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                  "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Hi all. Feels like I am chatting up an old flame. Obviously drunk. Wondering if sex will be as good as I remember?

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                      Hi all. Feels like I am chatting up an old flame. Obviously drunk. Wondering if sex will be as good as I remember?
                                                                      Nice to see you are still alive.

Post more !
                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                        Are you a ghost?

Comment

Huh? It seems like you think the Easter Bunny and Jesus are connected in some way?! What exactly to you think is the religious symbolism of the bunny?

We definitely do Easter eggs - it's just the actual 'easter bunny' character. I'd wager less than half the people on here had an Easter bunny as a kid - it's definitely not as widespread as Santa anyway

I thought you didn't do eggs lol. As for the bunny, we had it around as a kid. But you got one egg from him and we used to get the buns which we called hot cross bunnies! (as kids we did, not in general)

Santa, Tooth Fairy and Easter Bunny were all things we grew up with. But the least popular/known was def the bunny.

No clue how the bunny came about. An Easter chicken would have been better to market since they at least laid eggs!

Comment

Talking of April Fools, just after I posted on IPB I sent a group message between myself, Tony and the two eldest. A while back Willie did his predictions and said Tony would run off with a young foreign chick..

So I message to say that we were telling them by messenger as we didn't want Aimee to hear right now, but Tony had met a girl through work who was much younger and after he gets back from Cancun for his work trip he was moving in with her! I said Aimee has met the girl and named her. The eldest shit herself and the son guessed straight off it was an April Fool he said he got a fright for a second before he realised the date.

Comment

The West African family 3 doors down have been in full-on party mode for about 10 hours now, tunes blasting since mid Sunday afternoon.

At the risk of going slightly Jack90210mode it would have been nice if they'd slipped a note through the door to say the entire cul-de-sac would be blocked off with cars randomly strewn across the road and gangs of the womenfolk in floral headdress all jabbering at about 100 decibels so they could hear themselves above the row of speakers in the garden blaring out their favourite tunes.

I sneak me head out the front door every now and then, part disapproving, part hoping for an invite. Neither look having any effect.

That the non-stop rain is keeping most of it indoors is kinda mad, what would it have been like otherwise?

Inconsiderate neighbours up banging on the walls at 3 am. Lucky for them I was up playing the bagpipes at the time.

Tommy Cooper (I think)

Comment

Had a big family dinner yesterday where my daughter made a nice creme brulee for desert, very well made and tasty but made even sweeter by playing an April fools on her Sister by giving her a perfectly presented dish but with scrambled eggs under the crispy sugar instead of custard. Her video of the victim politely putting down her spoon and wondering WTF is that would only be better if the perp hadn't been in hysterics laughing from the start
                                                                                Last edited by Strewelpeter; 02-04-18, 09:03.

Comment

Did another podcast interview, would appreciate all the clicks in the world that you have to spare. Talking about seasonal planning,patterns of play & tactical periodisation.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                    Had a big family dinner yesterday where my daughter made a nice creme brulee for desert, very well made and tasty but made even sweeter by playing an April fools on her Sister by giving her a perfectly presented dish but with scrambled eggs under the crispy sugar instead of custard. Her video of the victim politely putting down her spoon and wondering WTF is that would only be better if the perp hadn't been in hysterics laughing from the start
                                                                                    I can't imagine this being even considered possible as a prank in Munster households.

Comment

Call the Gardai.

Comment

Zlatan debut for Galaxy.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                          Call the Gardai.
                                                                                          Make a trump call

Comment

Folks, I've two tickets for Arcade Fire for this Friday, 6th April at the 3 Arena that I can no longer go to. Face value is 172 quid but happy for them to go for 150 to a regular on here.

Was looking forward to it but after just coming back from a three day wedding, we've decided to head off to Ibiza for a few days to chill out so won't be back in time for it.

PM me if anybody is interested

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                                                              Imagine the cheque to get Holloway in against that monster was pretty spectacular

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                                Imagine the cheque to get Holloway in against that monster was pretty spectacular
                                                                                                Doubt it, it's all about taking the chance and getting that McGregor rematch I'd say. It's exactly what the ufc want now too obviously. 6 days notice, keeps his belt, has feck all to lose taking this chance and everything to gain.

Comment

Pardew sacked by West Brom after 4 months. Lol football

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                    More lol that he actually still gets hired.

Comment

Head of CPS Alison Saunders not having her contract renewed. From the commentary I've read she had a particular focus on sexual crimes often without enough evidence leading to cases collapsing etc. Not sure if she would have been directly involved in the decision to charge in the Belfast trial but interesting timing none the less.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                        He did need to go tbh. 9 successive defeats and 10 points adrift of safety. They look doomed, but best to get a new manager in to see them through and get an idea of the squad. His last 29 games in the Premier League have been 2 wins, 7 draws and 20 defeats, but no doubt he'll be back in a Premier League hot seat in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                          He did need to go tbh. 9 successive defeats and 10 points adrift of safety. They look doomed, but best to get a new manager in to see them through and get an idea of the squad. His last 29 games in the Premier League have been 2 wins, 7 draws and 20 defeats, but no doubt he'll be back in a Premier League hot seat in the near future.
                                                                                                          I think Pardew has run his race in regards to getting a Premier League job anytime soon. Expect him to take over a National side probably from the Middle East or something soon

Comment

Spent yesterday following my daughter around picking up all the chocolate she dropped and eating it.
                                                                                                            I'm fucking dying all day
                                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

@Solks and the other Dave Allen fans.
                                                                                                              New BBC film about his life next Monday night, with Aiden Gillen starring as Dave Allen.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2018-...ew-bbc-biopic/
                                                                                                              Just a reminder that this is on today.
                                                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Newcastle -5

Comment

...

Comment

Forecast says 19degrees for here on Friday! Thank fck to at least see some signs of fairer weather (admittedly Friday is to be followed by more days of rain). This seems to have been the longest winter ever. Absolutely miserable.
                                                                                                                    You have no idea.
                                                                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Got sunburnt out drinking in the sun during the weekend.

Comment

GFYB.

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X