Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least Bertie would have gotten a brown envelope for his troubles.
    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
      Done. You did well there as I was funking for any of the rest .
      Burning up Bay Hill

Comment

Lovely strike Calhanoglu. He only scores screamers.

Hopefully Arsenal shit themselves now.
        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
          Lovely strike Calhanoglu. He only scores screamers.

Hopefully Arsenal shit themselves now.
          Arsenal falling over themselves with fear!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
            Arsenal falling over themselves with fear!
            and still better to watch than Joses team.

Comment

Good job ref, nice to see you're on top of dives
              Profit before people.

Comment

SatNav here in the bar at the Irish Open haven't spoken to the woman in ages and within 10 seconds she's talking about her boobs, Andy will confirm.
                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                  SatNav here in the bar at the Irish Open haven't spoken to the woman in ages and within 10 seconds she's talking about her boobs, Andy will confirm.
                  Mod Warning: Please think very carefully before requesting pics.
                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                    Ah yeah I kinda know that, I'm really just super-psyched that she's finally going to be available to help with the housework if I'm to be brutally honest.
                    I was only being a bit of a dick.

A good PhD will open a lot of jobs up that she would have had interviews for but ended up being third choice for. Any company that came from a uni spin out especially will put a lot of stock in them.

It's a huge achievement and sounds like it's a good one to boot. I am reasonably smart but I wouldn't be in anyways capable of doing a good PhD.

It doesn't gaurantee a ride to the top and riches but it will start her on a much higher rung of the ladder.

A life of leisure for hitch - sounds like a death sentence you. It seems you are much better off being an under appreciated semi workaholic academic. I am still a bit of a dick just to be clear.

Comment

A welcome return for lunch to the local Cuban sandwich place. What's with the Cuban ability to elevate the humble sandwich to a thing of absolute glory?!

Sample Cuban sandwich from Google Images, of which these don't look that dissimilar.

That looks a bit like a Reuben which are absolutely devine.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                        Did you buy a drone yet ? Check out the Mavik Air.
                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                          The thick slice of ham is throwing it.
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

I miss Treme, deserves a re-watch. Great music.
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Final episode of the young offenders series was gas.
                              Profit before people.

Comment

Actually fuck the Italians Reuben might be my favourite
                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                  How did the Cubans make such fantastic sandwiches when they were communist?
                                  Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                  Actually fuck the Italians Reuben might be my favourite
                                  Surely some sort of Cuban-Reuben hybrid is the way forward.

Corn Beef, Ham/Pork, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, pickles, mustard and dressing (Russain/thousand island) on a grilled roll.

Comment

For me the problem with reuben and majority of american sandwiches is that the ratios are all wrong, too much meat normally, dont get the combinations of different textures. Much prefer that thin cuban posted earlier ratio wise

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                      For me the problem with reuben and majority of american sandwiches is that the ratios are all wrong, too much meat normally, dont get the combinations of different textures. Much prefer that thin cuban posted earlier ratio wise
                                      I'm not a fan of sandwiches with 20 layer of meat.

But I definitely think that the norm is too much bread elsewhere. Same with burgers. I hate burgers hat are all bun with a tiny patty.

Comment

Ireland is ripe for a great sandwich shop, showcasing the best the world has to offer, they have wanked the burger, and i love a good burger, to celeb status, its time for the sandwich.

SOGTFO
                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                          Ireland is ripe for a great sandwich shop, showcasing the best the world has to offer, they have wanked the burger, and i love a good burger, to celeb status, its time for the sandwich.

SOGTFO
                                          Check out 147 Deli on Parnell Street at some point, and thank me at a future date.
                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

SOGTFO
                                            Spoke to a ex chef of mine a few years ago (he now earns £100K a year & his Sous does the weekends) about a sandwich shop idea i had in 00's along the lines of SOGTFO.

Spoke about looking to move to London in 05 ish, having to stay due to family stuff and idea dead by time I moved over

He interrupted me and said, ya Pret and the likes would with their shitty product have killed it

That and the lowering of expectation and price point by supermarket sandwich deals

He was a big fan of the original O'Briens idea fwiw

Might be a gap reappearing now that Starucks etc charge so much for very average fare & everything else drifting to hipster hell

The GTFO model is the future btw

You know that charming little cafe on New York’s Lower East Side that just closed after a mere six months in business—where coffee was served on silver...
                                            Last edited by Guest; 16-03-18, 02:24.

Comment

On the whole sandwich thing in here today, am i the only one still off bread then?

Comment

On the whole sandwich thing in here today, am i the only one still off bread then?
                                                I'm following a keto diet atm, basically very low carb. So no sandwiches for me.
                                                Aldi have a pretty good low carb bread so could use that if the craving hits me later. Which is probably will

Comment

Make or break time for the cricket team today in their first super six match at the world cup qualifiers. Lose and they almost certainly done for. Tough game v the hosts Zimbabwe, ireland win toss and will bowl. On sky sports as well

Comment

Zimbabwe 50/3. Rocky start but two wickets in the last few mins changes the outlook completely

Comment

I had an extremely healthy day yesterday

Breakfast : Jambon from Spar

Hot chocolate from Bewleys

Lunch : Bunsen - cheeseburger and sweet potatoe fries / can of coke

Dinner : Chinese Takeaway - There was 10 of us so we ordered two set dinner menus plus a few extras and I gorged on everything / 2 cans of coke

Desert : Colin the caterpillar cake from M&S and donuts from Aungier Danger

Still feel like I'm going to burst

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                        Zimbabwe 50/3. Rocky start but two wickets in the last few mins changes the outlook completely
                                                        96/5 now after 24

Comment

In complete control here, would be a disaster to lose from this point.

Scots game the crucial one now on Sunday. Seems they've come on leaps and bounds of late.
                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                            In complete control here, would be a disaster to lose from this point.

Scots game the crucial one now on Sunday. Seems they've come on leaps and bounds of late.
                                                            We are still more than capable of fucking it up. That said, IRL 2/7 in running

Comment

Seems to be a cheap sequel to Snowmaggedon being released from Saturday evening through Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                We are still more than capable of fucking it up. That said, IRL 2/7 in running
                                                                On queue Raza hits McCarthy for a six followed by a four

Comment

159/7, still plenty of overs to go.

Comment

CL draw, one time Roma or Seville for City plzzz.
                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Hope Pool get Barc or Bayern
                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

212 the target. Raza the only one doing damage. Gettable for sure but no gimmie

Comment

Fuck, city v pool. Ah well.

Comment

Working the bbv well there Pokerhand

Comment

I don't really eat bread unless I'm in a restaurant. My PT asked what kind of bread do I eat and I said none, he nearly fainted. Not sure he'd ever heard that. Why are you off bread?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                Working the bbv well there Pokerhand
                                                                                Delighted with that tbh, we should beat them easily enough... that be quite a week for city, 2 games vs the pool and a win the title against utd in the middle. What could go wrong

At least the 1st leg is at anfield... that's definitely an advantage for city.
                                                                                Last edited by pokerhand; 16-03-18, 11:24.

Comment

What is wrong with people who don't eat bread?

Bread is the greatest thing ever invented

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                    I don't really eat bread unless I'm in a restaurant. My PT asked what kind of bread do I eat and I said none, he nearly fainted. Not sure he'd ever heard that. Why are you off bread?
                                                                                    LENT FFS, but don't be telling some here as they wont approve

Comment

Every morning, I'm up before Mrs Mrs Lao Lao, normally about 1.5 - 2 hours before she gets up. I hit the alarm off straight away, hop in the shower, grab clothes I need and get dressed/ready in the spare room so I don't wake her.

This week from Wednesday to today, she has been up first as I've been off work

Wednesday

Alarm went off 7 times due to incessant use of the snooze button. My remark of 'Are you getting up or are you staying in bed all day listening to the alarm' didn't go down too well. We then had to have the chats. Eventually, she hit the shower so I dozed back off. I was then woken to be told to keep my eyes closed as she was turning on the bedroom light. Then the hair dryer went on for about 20 minutes, then there was more chats.

Thursday

Pretty much carbon copy of Wednesday although there was even more chats.

Friday

I actually managed to sleep through the alarm so she woke me up for some cuddles. Cuddles is not code word for sex, it's just cuddles, followed by more chats and excessive use of the hair dryer.

The promise of three nice long lie ins gone. Bitches be crazy.

#firstworldproblems

Comment

What is wrong with people who don't eat bread?

Bread is the greatest thing ever invented
                                                                                        We were invited to our next door neighbours last night, they are also our landlords. And They had large triangles of chunky Maltese bread. I had two bits!

Although, when we arrived, there was a table of crackers with dips, one being soooo amazing that I am going to buy some today! And other snacks. That was before we had our main which was a pasta dish with a choice of rabbit or pork.

Then the cheese board came out with loads of cheeses on it with crackers or chunky bed, then there was homemade brownie/cake.

I rolled back home

Link to the recipe for the Bigilla dip below. It is worth it.

Here's an interesting recipe straight from the mediterranean! Best ever recipe for bigilla or Maltese broad bean dip for crackers!

Comment

Mccambridges is Galway is probably best sandwich in country, Dublin has nowhere close.
                                                                                          147 deli is very good, and there's a place oxmantown on red luas line that's supposed be class but only mon-fri so never try it.

Gap in market for a proper top quality deli in my opinion, that has a menu but can make up any sandwich with good quality ingredients.

Best sandwich I have probably ever had was in an Italian deli in San Francisco. Grab a lump of bread from a big tip and pick a number, when you're called hand it to the big Italian guy with no English and point to something on the board. Watch magical layers of salami layer up before your eyes.
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Bad start Ireland. 17/2 after 7 chasing 212

edit - 18/3 and all over the place
                                                                                            Last edited by KevIRL; 16-03-18, 12:16.

Comment

Every morning, I'm up before Mrs Mrs Lao Lao, normally about 1.5 - 2 hours before she gets up. I hit the alarm off straight away, hop in the shower, grab clothes I need and get dressed/ready in the spare room so I don't wake her.

This week from Wednesday to today, she has been up first as I've been off work

Wednesday

Alarm went off 7 times due to incessant use of the snooze button. My remark of 'Are you getting up or are you staying in bed all day listening to the alarm' didn't go down too well. We then had to have the chats. Eventually, she hit the shower so I dozed back off. I was then woken to be told to keep my eyes closed as she was turning on the bedroom light. Then the hair dryer went on for about 20 minutes, then there was more chats.

Thursday

Pretty much carbon copy of Wednesday although there was even more chats.

Friday

I actually managed to sleep through the alarm so she woke me up for some cuddles. Cuddles is not code word for sex, it's just cuddles, followed by more chats and excessive use of the hair dryer.

The promise of three nice long lie ins gone. Bitches be crazy.

#firstworldproblems
                                                                                              I bet you'll chicken out of revenge too.

Comment

...
                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

...

Comment

AJ, 5star, Opr, thoughts on the draw? Should be great goal fest anyhow.

Comment

Without wanting to get in on a piece of your personal and heartfelt pain, I was woken up at 5am this morning as the kid couldn't open a Mars bar.
                                                                                                      I know it's considered bad form to criticise other people's parenting skills, especially when you don't have kids yourself. But how and why the fuck does a child have access to a mars bar?
                                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                        Delighted with that tbh, we should beat them easily enough... that be quite a week for city, 2 games vs the pool and a win the title against utd in the middle. What could go wrong

At least the 1st leg is at anfield... that's definitely an advantage for city.
                                                                                                        You went from hoping Liverpool would get one of the two better teams left assuming so they would be more likely to get knocked out, to being happy to get them in the draw.

Surely with away goals playing 2nd leg away is preferred? Or you just convince yourself whatever outcome is best?
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

AJ, 5star, Opr, thoughts on the draw? Should be great goal fest anyhow.
                                                                                                          I am sure it will be a great buzz when it rolls around and some of the best CL nights back in the day were against English sides. The draw just feels a little deflating currently as when your back at this stage of the CL after so long you fancy something a little more exotic.

Opr

Comment

God, I hated the old tvs with a passion. Big chunky slabs in the corner of the room, took 4 people to lift it and had buttons with size of coin slots that you had to press to change channels (about 10 channel buttons) and 3/4 of the channels were either static or pictures that were so gainy that looks like static or kept moving from one end to the next as was impossible to tune in properly.

The amount of times we gave it a wack to try get picture was unreal. It was like a punching bag, but still worked.
                                                                                                            !
                                                                                                            Most underrated technological achievement of all time, was way ahead of its time. We really shouldn't have had TV in the home before we had computers and internet, how and why we came to is an extraordinary story.
                                                                                                            You had a miniature X Ray machine blasting out a high tension line at 25,000 volts scanning the screen 16,000 times per second sitting alongside an enormously complex radio decoder and amplification system that could extract live signals out of thin air, all inside a little cabinet that used no more power than a couple of hundred watt bulbs.
                                                                                                            That such advanced tech across the entire system from camera to tube was able to be deployed in every home in the world with the kind of almost mechanical electronics of the valve age was at least as great a miracle of human ingenuity in technology and mass production as anything else we have come up with. IMO
                                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

You went from hoping Liverpool would get one of the two better teams left assuming so they would be more likely to get knocked out, to being happy to get them in the draw.

Surely with away goals playing 2nd leg away is preferred? Or you just convince yourself whatever outcome is best?
                                                                                                              Heh

Comment

Heh
                                                                                                                Much prefer knowing where you stand with away goals going into last leg. You can no longer concede any more away goals at that point. Definitely my preferred and imagine many managers agree.
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Much prefer knowing where you stand with away goals going into last leg. You can no longer concede any more away goals at that point. Definitely my preferred and imagine many managers agree.
                                                                                                                  Of course, which is why I'm happy we are at home for 2nd leg.

Comment

Romanian Court Rejects Man’s Claim That He’s Alive.

Comment

City was the draw I wanted to avoid, partly because we have only a small enough chance of winning, also because we play city every year anyhow. I wanted something different.

Comment

Happy Liverpool Sevilla and Roma were all kept apart. The semi final potential is now mouth watering. Juve v Real easily the most interesting tie of the round.
                                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X