Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    What we would have given for a stack!
    I do remember running out once, mum had us run to the neighbours lol. Must have been at rent payment time haha. Mum was always very organised. She was and always has been great with money management.

I would be the same. I don't think I have ever been that skint that I couldn't survive. I did have a friend in Donegal, who was always borrowing money for nappies etc, she got her wages/dole and blew it the first two days. Had no sense at all how to budget.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I'm a fan of the cricket world cup qualifying structure, seems a rare example of a fully fair and well thought out approach.

You'd think Ireland need 3/3 wins to qualify though which doesnt seem very likely.
        Profit before people.

Comment

airport, lol

Comment

Corbin playing into the Comrade Corbyn haters hands

Comment

Have one of the original Bullseye Bully's at home. Great fun to let the odd bellow out of it
              Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
              https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                Could Trump be on coke himself?
                It would explain a lot. You'd have to pity Leo walking into a diplomatic minefield in meeting with an incompetent buffoon who is spiralling out of control on several levels.
                New York - 1980s. Check.
                Sexually promiscuous. Check.
                Party person. Check.

I'd imagine Donnie has shoved the GDP of Bolivia up his hooter several times.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                  Corbyn playing into the Comrade Corbyn haters hands
                  The right wing press will obviously murder him on this but he's pretty much sticking to his previous principles here. That the UK police have in 6 days of investigation supposedly found incontrovertible evidence linking this to the Kremlin has more than a hint of Iraq Dossier 2002 about it.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                    The right wing press will obviously murder him on this but he's pretty much sticking to his previous principles here. That the UK police have in 6 days of investigation supposedly found incontrovertible evidence linking this to the Kremlin has more than a hint of Iraq Dossier 2002 about it.
                    Come up with some more believeable explanation than 'it was the Russians' (who have done it before). I dares ya.

Comment

I'm sure some people will be wondering at this stage if Corbyn is actually a double agent himself. Even the whiff of that should be electoral suicide.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        Come up with some more believeable explanation than 'it was the Russians' (who have done it before). I dares ya.
                        It was the Russians.

However I doubt a proper investigation has actually taken place in such a short timeframe - a proper investigation where people with an open mind examined the remote possibilities that it might be a 3rd party country wanting to cause trouble, that it might have renegade Russian forces opposed to Putin, that it might have been UK security themselves taking the agent out for unknown reasons and wanting to pin it on Russia, or that it might have been a personal domestic between Russian ex-pats in the UK.

Instead it looks like an investigation that had decided the outcome beforehand and looked for facts to fit this.

Comment

...My favourite channel on the old style tvs was 0...It had like 16 mini screens of all different channels...So I used to be able to watch the wrestling on it 😂...

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                            I'm sure some people will be wondering at this stage if Corbyn is actually a double agent himself. Even the whiff of that should be electoral suicide.
                            I’d say most don’t give a fuck what’s been said

Comment

It was the Russians.

However I doubt a proper investigation has actually taken place in such a short timeframe - a proper investigation where people with an open mind examined the remote possibilities that it might be a 3rd party country wanting to cause trouble, that it might have renegade Russian forces opposed to Putin, that it might have been UK security themselves taking the agent out for unknown reasons and wanting to pin it on Russia, or that it might have been a personal domestic between Russian ex-pats in the UK.

Instead it looks like an investigation that had decided the outcome beforehand and looked for facts to fit this.
                              Russian-manufactured nerve agent deployed against a Russian traitor, in a manner previously employed.

It was the Russians alright.

For once, I think May is doing the right thing. Putin is a thug and needs to be stood up to. The Brits are completely conflicted here though with the amount of Russian dirty money washing through London. Just ask CHD.

Comment

I was triumphantly going to point out that France shared the same reservations about the UK evidence, but they seem to have changed their viewpoint in the last 20 minutes. C'est la vie.

Comment

Russian-manufactured nerve agent deployed against a Russian traitor, in a manner previously employed.

It was the Russians alright.

For once, I think May is doing the right thing. Putin is a thug and needs to be stood up to. The Brits are completely conflicted here though with the amount of Russian dirty money washing through London. Just ask CHD.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                        ...My favourite channel on the old style tvs was 0...It had like 16 mini screens of all different channels...So I used to be able to watch the wrestling on it 😂...
                                        I can't imagine that being a feature on the era of old style tellies being talked about. Certainly not on our old telly anyhow.

Comment

It was the Russians.

I doubt anyone thinks the police actually investigated it.

A file being dropped in from MI5 who presumably had them under surveillance since they were know spies is surely a bit of a given.

Its basically the shittest spy novel ever with zero twists but everyone goes home happy.

The west gets to call Putin a monster and Putin gets to allude to his killing of traitors to stop people speaking up and taking the shine off his upcoming "election" victory.

Comment

Let’s all just pray this doesn’t end up affecting the World Cup

Must be good odds of South Korea style shenanigans or Russia opponents getting food poisoning.they got a handy group but they are shit,I’m sure glad wouldn’t be happy with a 1st round exit so more help needed

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                A welcome return for lunch to the local Cuban sandwich place. What's with the Cuban ability to elevate the humble sandwich to a thing of absolute glory?!
                                                They are certainly onto a good thing. The Italians have it perfected though
                                                airport, lol

Comment

That looks utterly disgusting! I wouldn't try that at all.

Comment

He was the mildest of traitors, in that he was discovered while in Russia and even then they only sentenced him to a few years in jail there. So even when they had him they didn't consider him a big deal.

Maybe there's some bigger picture here, and there probably is, but this story on its own makes no sense - that someone so minor that they weren't even bothered about him when they had him would be assasinated like this.
                                                    You really think, in Putin's KGB head, that he maintains a hierarchy of treason ranging all the way down to 'no biggie'?

Comment

Have you seen the film Chef hitch? A good watch in the Cuban sandwich genre, in fact I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's the best Cuban sandwich film I've ever seen.
                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                          Have you seen the film Chef hitch? A good watch in the Cuban sandwich genre, in fact I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's the best Cuban sandwich film I've ever seen.
                                                          It is a great little movie.

Comment

Comment

You really think, in Putin's KGB head, that he maintains a hierarchy of treason ranging all the way down to 'no biggie'?

Putin... Putin who had Russia bombed, bomb sites cleared inside a week (no sifting through remains to get all evidence), blamed Chechnya and bombed the shit out of them... that Putin?

Na, heeee's a niccccee guy!

Comment

Comment

AJ, you're an liverpool fan? Don't know why but that surprises me. Your obscure knowledge of weird sports makes a lot more sense now, by the same token
                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                    That looks utterly disgusting! I wouldn't try that at all.
                                                                    I'll eat her sambo if she doesnt want it.

Cuban sandwiches are fucking amazeballs
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                      AJ, you're an liverpool fan? Don't know why but that surprises me. Your obscure knowledge of weird sports makes a lot more sense now, by the same token
                                                                      Where did I give it away, the post on boards I assume?
                                                                      I remember thinking I rarely use 'we' when referring to Liverpool.
                                                                      Generally try to keep sports allegiances underwraps because of the no-one could care less factor.

Comment

Where did I give it away, the post on boards I assume?
                                                                        I remember thinking I rarely use 'we' when referring to Liverpool.
                                                                        Generally try to keep sports allegiances underwraps because of the no-one could care less factor.
                                                                        Yep, nah it surprises me as didn't think you were a big fan of the sport. You hardly ever mention liverpool anyhow.

Do you have a Dracula with a liverpool shirt?
                                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Of course AJ is a Liverpool fan, he is sane and reasonable (mostly).

Comment

How did the Cubans make such fantastic sandwiches when they were communist?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                              I'll eat her sambo if she doesnt want it.

Cuban sandwiches are fucking amazeballs
                                                                              It May be, but that picture does fuck all for me

Comment

This on the other hand...

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                  Do you have a Duckula with a liverpool shirt?
                                                                                  Had one ready to go for the last game of the season 3 years ago, but then the Slip and Palace games happened. Not sure where it is any more, probably got lost when I changed laptop.

Comment

It looks like a diseased vagina

Comment

...

Comment

My long-term plan to be a kept man is running ahead at full steam, with wife just awarded her doctorate in apparently very windy Dublin.
                                                                                        Yea coz a doctorate is the express train to riches

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                          It looks like a diseased vagina
                                                                                          There was a young whore from Leicester
                                                                                          Who said to the man who undressed her
                                                                                          If you want a good grind
                                                                                          you have to come in from behind
                                                                                          As me front is beginning to fester

Comment

Trump said he's gonna visit Ireland.

Also Putin said they are launching a mars mission in 2019.
                                                                                            Restarting the cold war and teh sapce race at the same time!
                                                                                            The Russian president has announced an ambitious plan to probe the red planet and look for water on the Moon, paving the way for future deep space missions.

Comment

Assume there will be massive ceremony on College Green?

Comment

...

Comment

My long-term plan to be a kept man is running ahead at full steam, with wife just awarded her doctorate in apparently very windy Dublin.
                                                                                                  Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                                  Assume there will be massive ceremony on College Green?
                                                                                                  Go Mrs Hitchoskov

Comment

Fake news. Someone asked him a question and he said he might visit. Sounds unlikely.

Comment

Doctorate + working in industry!
                                                                                                      You are about to join the long list of PhDs who find out that it dosnt really change what you earn that much.

Smart people get paid more and smart people can do phds but the phds are getting paid more over careers because they are smart not doctors

Comment

Tiger knocking in the 70 footers and favourite for the Masters. We're back.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                          Tiger knocking in the 70 footers and favourite for the Masters. We're back.
                                                                                                          Should be 33s at least. Mug bet

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                            Should be 33s at least. Mug bet
                                                                                                            8/1 is a stretch but I dunno. I've watched almost every shot since he returned and I'm a believer. Slight tweak with the driver and he will destroy them all. Short game is on another level.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                              Fake news. Someone asked him a question and he said he might visit. Sounds unlikely.
                                                                                                              Trump said he would visit, are people still under the pretense that that doesn't mean the opposite
                                                                                                              Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                              You are about to join the long list of PhDs who find out that it dosnt really change what you earn that much.

Smart people get paid more and smart people can do phds but the phds are getting paid more over careers because they are smart not doctors
                                                                                                              In general I agree, Intel specifically told my class in University (at a talk) not to do a phd as it's of little use to them. However it depends on what you do, friend started on €90k + benefits like a sweet car in Germany (very high for there, in fact extremely high) as a grad engineer due to his phd here, it was applicable to the company. Even at that maybe he could have wound up in a position like that working as at the same time a grad started recently in google London on 250k so smart people do just get money. For most people that want to enter industry you either need to have a company sponsored phd hoping you are still relevant and they want to hire you when it is done or just straight up skip a phd. A masters is very useful though.
                                                                                                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 15-03-18, 18:32.

Comment

8/1 is a stretch but I dunno. I've watched almost every shot since he returned and I'm a believer. Slight tweak with the driver and he will destroy them all. Short game is on another level.

https://twitter.com/Skratch/status/974322938546540544
                                                                                                                when you are sinking 71 foot putts and chip ins to be in contention you are just running well. I can name 6/7 that will finish ahead of him

His short game is not on another level. Several players hot at the moment.

Want an evens bet. I'll take anyone else in the top 6 in the betting to finish ahead of Tiger. You can pick the player. ton max bet. Money back as a free bet if Phil wins.

*offer applies only to Zuttrophe

Comment

@Hitch, Elbows

what's the best pub in Howth to watch our inevitable Grand Slam being realised on Saturday? Ideally one that is down with the Prawn Festival and also family friendly. Will have kids and also some potentially boisterous adults.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                                    when you are sinking 71 foot putts and chip ins to be in contention you are just running well. I can name 6/7 that will finish ahead of him

His short game is not on another level. Several players hot at the moment.

Want an evens bet. I'll take anyone else in the top 6 in the betting to finish ahead of Tiger. You can pick the player. ton max bet. Money back as a free bet if Phil wins.

*offer applies only to Zuttrophe
                                                                                                                    Total case of betting with the heart here, but I'll give you McIlroy for €50?

Comment

Total case of betting with the heart here, but I'll give you McIlroy for €50?
                                                                                                                      Done. You did well there as I was funking for any of the rest .

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X