Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Survivor

SPOILER
    At least libby with the fine arse is still there

was Morgan even a threat, i don't remember her
    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
      Seemingly yesterday was the highest viewership for a regular PGA Tour 3rd round in 12 years.
      I'd that likely to be because if Tiger, or is it just Trump MAGA?[emoji6]
      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
        I was nearly hooked with the Seinfeld.

I feel like i am missing out now....
        Not too late....
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            Not too late....
            Send me on the AIB deets...

This too shall pass.

Comment

Grand aul weekend, got 50k steps walked finishing Sapiens audiobook and am well into 1984 now.

Counteracted that filthy health with a bottle of this and a Brain Fallon gig in the Olympia.

Comment

[QUOTE=Tar.Aldarion;1061069]Grand aul weekend, got 50k steps walked finishing Sapiens audiobook and am well into 1984 now.

Have implemented this too albeit with gym work interchange, solid hack!

Comment

Comment

Reed"s some bottler, serves him right for wearing the red. The only golfer I dislike.

Gutted Tiger missed that, interesting season ahead though.
                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                      Reed"s some bottler, serves him right for wearing the red. The only golfer I dislike.

Gutted Tiger missed that, interesting season ahead though.
                      Casey 1, Tiger 2 is much better for the season

Tiger still back and Casey with the monkey off his back could be a big player this season

Comment

...This is both a disgusting act by carragher, and a class photo at the same time...

Comment

thanks paul. never worried

Comment

Comment

When homo sapiens conquered Neanderthal, football was the only part of it's culture that lived on.

Comment

Having reached €2k in the IPB™ Cheltenham™ Tipping Competition™ prize pool, there's probably no need for any further shilling but consider this the very last.

There will be thrills and spills:

Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 11-03-18, 22:44.

Comment

Comment

When homo sapiens conquered Neanderthal, football was the only part of it's culture that lived on.
                                    That and your grammar m8.

Comment

First episode of Counterpart is very promising, two JK Simmons for double the fun.

Got to be up early tomorrow or I'd start bingeing.
                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Having reached €2k in the IPB™ Cheltenham™ Tipping Competition™ prize pool, there's probably no need for any further shilling but consider this the very last.

There will be thrills and spills:

I may enter this tomorrow on behalf of my dad. I'll let you know

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                          Nothing wrong with neanderthals m8. It was homo sapiens who were the psychopaths who genocided them taking advantage of their weakness. Neanderthals also largely stuck to themselves, and it was homo sapiens who picked a fight.
                                          They had a pretty weak defence, we took advantage of that.

Obviously at the end of the day.

Comment

For Raoul. Cheltenham Tipping Comp. Bla bla bla.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

That reminds me, you know the way football heads, players mostly, overuse 'obviously', Peter Beardsley was the biggest culprit, Robbie Keane being another one, they all do it. It never belongs in their sentences but they keep saying it, like a tick.

The equivalent for gaa heads is 'I spose'

Listen to the next gaa head being interviewed on RTE, I guarantee he will say 'I spose' about a dozen times.

"Tommy McGinty put out a fair side tonight Michael, how did you feel you fared out aginst dem?"

"Well Paudie, I spose, we gave it a hundid pircint, that's all ye can ask from the lads I spose. We'll meet dem agin in Thurles I spose and I dunno, I spose, sure we'll have a fair crack at dim agin I spose"

Neanderthals I suppose.

Comment

The scousers kiss. I see nothing wrong here, ever speak to a scouser ? bring a brolly.

#metoo

Comment

Get yer Justice for Jamie T-shirts. 5 Euro.

Comment

Delete your account m8

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                      Delete your account m8
                                                      Brow ridged knuckle dragging brain donors.

But hey, they gave us football.

Comment

Brow ridged knuckle dragging brain donors.

But hey, they gave us football.
                                                        You do park runs and play guitar m8.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                          You do park runs and play guitar m8.
                                                          The poor guitar barely gets a mention anymore. Wouldn't be surprised if he traded it and a child in, to buy new running shoes and kudos on twitter.

Comment

Laz is now in post guitar wanker stage.
                                                            He won't tell you he plays but will deftly take the guitar off a struggling novice at a house party and serenade everyone with some eagle eye cherry if the mood takes him
                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

So what age do you give up a seat on the Luas ?
                                                              I don't wanna insult anyone. Fella here looks like SP. Feck it I'll give it to him.

Now for jury service. I iz excite

Comment

Really wish Mary McAleese would fuck right off with her reforming the Catholic church. Let it fucking die, it's already well past it's use by date.

Comment

So what age do you give up a seat on the Luas ?
                                                                  I don't wanna insult anyone. Fella here looks like SP. Feck it I'll give it to him.

Now for jury service. I iz excite

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                    The poor guitar barely gets a mention anymore. Wouldn't be surprised if he traded it and a child in, to buy new running shoes and kudos on twitter.
                                                                    I saw him pulling his daughter on it in the snow last week. I threw holy water on him

Comment

RIP Ken Dodd. A fellow diddy man.

Comment

Napoli 5/2 to win the league. Currently 1 point behind Juventus who have a game in hand. Juve have the CL and cup final still to play in, Napoli nothing. 9 games left Juve have Milan/Napoli at home and away to Inter/Roma. Nap away to Juve/Milan and the rest are easily winnable.

League could be over if Juventus bink a result vs Napoli but that is scheudled to be 3 days before the champions league semi finals and then 4 days later they are away to Inter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                          RIP Ken Dodd. A fellow diddy man.
                                                                          He didn't think he had to pay money to the Inland Revenue because he lived near the seaside.

Comment

@aj is it too late to make a change to the prediction for the hold Cup for your multi sport comp?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                              @aj is it too late to make a change to the prediction for the Gold Cup for your multi sport comp?
                                                                              Yep too late, 23:59 on 09/03/18 was cut off for that event.

March change deadlines.

Horse Racing. Cheltenham Gold Cup. Starts 16/03. Deadline for changes 09/03 23:59.
                                                                              Aussie Rules. 2018 AFL Season. Starts 22/03. Deadline for changes 15/03 23:59.
                                                                              Baseball. MLB Season. Starts 29/03. Deadline for changes 22/03 23:59.
                                                                              Golf. US Masters. Starts 05/04. Deadline for changes 29/03 23:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                First episode of Counterpart is very promising, two JK Simmons for double the fun.

Got to be up early tomorrow or I'd start bingeing.
                                                                                Sounds very like Fringe.
                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                  Yep too late, 23:59 on 09/03/18 was cut off for that event.
                                                                                  Bah. Is this updated anywhere each month?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                    Bah. Is this updated anywhere each month?
                                                                                    Yep, I update every couple of weeks in the thread in the Gambling Forum here with what deadlines are approaching in the next 4 weeks.

The last post includes the deadline for the GC.

Comment

Dismissed until tomorrow. Is one obliged to return to work ? Grim stuff so far. We are all rapists lads.

Comment

Dismissed until tomorrow. Is one obliged to return to work ? Grim stuff so far. We are all rapists lads.
                                                                                        You've done your duty.

Did you actually get picked from the panel?

Comment

Seems there's 6 of us with a non-runner anyway so probably won't be too critical of an event.
                                                                                          If something beats Might Bite then it's all perfect.

Comment

You've done your duty.

Did you actually get picked from the panel?
                                                                                            No, 4 lots of jurers called, all rape trials , still about 70 of us not selected. Back tomorrow for selection. Feck . I need an out.

Grim though very grim .

Comment

No, 4 lots of jurers called, all rape trials , still about 70 of us not selected. Back tomorrow for selection. Feck . I need an out.

Grim though very grim .
                                                                                              Odds are you don't get picked so. Lots of hanging about.

Go find Kayroo and de-wig him.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                Seems there's 6 of us with a non-runner anyway so probably won't be too critical of an event.
                                                                                                If something beats Might Bite then it's all perfect.
                                                                                                Unless it's Our Duke obv...

tut tut AJ, you're slipping old boy.
                                                                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Read this terrible experience regarding the 8th repeal

See above, this is not my story - apologise for any confusion

I remember walking in for my anatomy scan beaming with pride hand on belly. We looked at that screen with huge smiles as the little life on the screen wiggled. We had disagreements on if we wanted to know the gender but when she asked did we want to know dad agreed and "it's a boy" was said to my absolute delight(we had an adorable little girl at home who would be so happy to have a brother). From that moment things changed and would never be the same again.

"There's a few measurements I can't seem to get, I can't see the little mans stomach he must have emptied. Can you walk around for a few minutes and we should be able to get what we need" we walked out around the hospital elated. What will we call him, I wonder who he will look like! What will he be when he grows up(dad already had that planed out but I just giggled listening to him drown on).

We walked back in and back up on that bed to see the little bundle again. She scanned my belly and there he was but she was so silent. My senses started to kick in "is everything ok?" my heart pounding. Yes it's fine we'll just book you back in for another scan next week with the doctor little man isn't being very compliant she giggled.

As we walked out of the hospital I knew this wasn't right. There was something wrong. Dad put my mind at ease as said she told us everything was fine if it wasn't she would have told us. So we continued through our week sharing the good news of our happy healthy baby boy to friends and family.

The appointment came and I checked in and was asked to come to a room. We were left there for a few minutes with a big book sitting in front of us neither of us opened it. Then a woman walked in and sat "let me explain to you about trisomy". Wait... WHAT! Hold on we are just here for a scan!! "Oh... I thought you knew". Knew what!! What the hell is going on! "Your baby showed markers for a syndrome that's why we are here today but nothing's confirmed until the doctor scans you. Ok I thought, just breath. She start explaining about patau, Edwards and downs. I let it go over my head just get me on that bed. The silence as the doctor scanned me Iv never felt fear in my life like it and after about ten minutes she just looked and said "so the baby isn't growing he has heart problems... cysts on his brain" that was all I heard because as she rambled on I let out the most gut wrenching cry just laying on the bed i must have frightened every woman in that hospital! I curled into a ball as she kept talking and at that point I could hear in the background "he won't survive and if he does it won't be for long, at this point I don't thing he will last the pregnancy"

Back in what I now refer to as the room of doom they wanted me to go to Liverpool and have the pregnancy terminated trying to explain to me the severity and complexity of the situation but I wouldn't have it. I wanted to get me and my child out of that hospital. Fast forward through months of research and reading all the cases of baby's who "made it" which the doctor told me not to do because it would give me false hope I was determined to prove her and everyone wrong. I wouldn't buy a single baby item all I had were a pack of 3 vests 3 hats 3 grows 3 socks 3 bibs and nappies, I couldn't face the fact of not bringing a baby home and having to remove all the items so I wouldn't let my mind go there. Then at 37 weeks gestation I gave birth to my son after 24hrs of hard intense labour I went into shock and my baby was whisked away from me with what would of been a team of 15 doctors in a room. I loved him from the moment I saw his heck I loved him from before he was even conceived but if I had of know at that point what my sons life would have been I never would have put him through the life of torture he suffered.

For me... now really understand what I say FOR ME I'd choose life again for him everyday he was my precious baby boy a child so wanted it hurt but FOR HIM I should have never allowed him to go through the 8 months of torture he did. Everyone tells me I'm so strong but I wasn't I was just a cheerleader to a real life superhero fighting his own body for survival. My son could not lift his own head nor could he eat or breath by himself, our daily routine was nebs, suctioning, ng then nj tubes then peg, breathing tubes, cpap, Sats etc through this basic everyday for my son I lived in a hospital refusing to let anyone care for him but myself, I became a nurse in a very short amount of time. His sister no longer came into the equation and she lost her mother for this period of her life being cared for by family. Everyday was needles operations pain and torture. I remember one day the IV nurse came in when his body was shutting down again she spent 10 minutes trying to get a line in and just said "stop, this poor child is not a pin cushion he's had enough!" And that was the one time I stopped racing through with "saving him" and thought what the hell am I doing! Why am I putting him through this! But I continued. I lost my son twice before I let him go the third time and said sleep peacefully my little boy blue I will not make you suffer anymore. The last time he was fighting for his life they tried to get a transfusion and IV in... do you know what they do with people who need vital fluids but they can not get access to a vein? They get a drill out and while the person has no anaesthetic or pain relief they drill straight into bone marrow to administer them. Can you imagine looking at your child lying on a bed with what looks like a mad scientist drilling straight into their legs to save their life? Yep... not a pretty sight. He had that done twice in his eight months of life.

Now I want someone to tell me FOR HIM this was the right decision? That at a point I could have ended his suffering and he would have never had to go through the most horrific torture Iv ever seen that I made the right decision? This was a baby, this is my son! I should have never EVER let him go through a single second of that. I wish I was a stronger person and didn't put my own want over what was right for the child growing inside me at that time. My government wouldn't allow me to be at home with a large family who wanted to be there and celebrate him like he should have been instead they wanted to ship me off to another country in shame and tell me I was a bad person. Can I now take the government to court and have them answer to child abuse? Can they now tell me that the suffering was worth it because I got to meet him and that I have that time?

You need to remember I didn't suffer... he did IMMENSELY!

I will never be the same person from what I witnessed and I'm still left with empty arms. What was the good outcome here? Who benefitted. It certainly wasn't the little life I wanted so much... he was the one who sufferd most.

Repeal the 8th. Stop the suffering of our children... no man woman or child should have ever went through that pain.

I was so anti abortion you wouldn't believe until I walked a mile #INHERSHOES

Now I see

Now I know how strong of a person you have to be to make that decision

I wish I had that strength"
                                                                                                  Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 12-03-18, 15:03.

Comment

Excellent post Gil, truly heartbreaking. It must have taken immense courage to write it.

Want to give you a hug.

Comment

Only time an IPB post has brought tears to my eyes Gill. Immense courage to go through that and also to write about it. If your story made one person change their mind, it would be worth it.

Comment

I would have thought she's just reposting someone else's story?

Comment

Excellent post Gil, truly heartbreaking. It must have taken immense courage to write it.

Want to give you a hug.
                                                                                                          Originally posted by Lplate View Post
                                                                                                          Only time an IPB post has brought tears to my eyes Gill. Immense courage to go through that and also to write about it. If your story made one person change their mind, it would be worth it.
                                                                                                          I copied it from someone else. The same applies to her and I think more people should read it to maybe understand that it isn't an open and shut case. And that sometimes what we think is the best decision is not necessarily the right one for the baby inside the mothers womb.

I know as a mum and carried three to term (almost term) that you would do anything to protect them and you want to make sure you give them life. We all think our baby will be the one to defy the Doctors, what do they know eh? and hope that they will be fine. It is, in my opinion a selfish decision, one that most of us would make as we can't bare the thought of losing the baby.
                                                                                                          That post helps me see the other side, we know the Drs have seen it all before, they know this is what we think and will feel. But no one can force us to make that decision, the right decision.

I would have hated to see my baby in such pain. I barely handled my youngest kids constant blood tests and hear her scream every day due to a high bilirubin level.

Comment

I'd have used quote tags myself. Or at least made it clear.

Heartbreaking nonetheless. At least it's a story that's in the public domain, was too uncomfortable to ask you to do so.

Comment

I'd have used quote tags myself. Or at least made it clear.

Heartbreaking nonetheless. At least it's a story that's in the public domain, was too uncomfortable to ask you to do so.
                                                                                                              I put a header to say I read it.. It's in bold

Comment

Bad form MrsFD, basically thanks whoring.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                  I put a header to say I read it.. It's in bold
                                                                                                                  'Read this' as in 'I want you to read this' is how it looked to me.

No big deal, no harm done.

Comment

That's all well an good but it shouldnt really take that much to get a woman or anyone to realise safe legal abortion is a no brainer
                                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

'Read this' as in 'I want you to read this' is how it looked to me.

No big deal, no harm done.
                                                                                                                      The wonders of the English language when the word spelled the same way but pronounced different means something different. Since I knew what I mean, it didn't occur to me you guys would read it wrong.

As you said, no harm done!

Comment

...

Comment

7 weeks of 8 done in weightloss comp, 8.9 kg down and a young wan close on my heels.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X