Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
    ...England have been shocking in this match so far... They've had a couple of penalties, but went for points instead of touch... Winning by a few points is pointless without the Bonus... I think that's the championship over at this stage...
    ...Here's a question- Say we do win the championship today, and lose in England next week- Overall are we happy or sad?... I know it's good to win the 6 nations, but is losing the chance of a grand-slam worse than the joy of winning 6 nations?...
    Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    Feels a bit weird for Ireland to be champions without having stretched themselves since the last ten minutes against France or having playing particularly well for the whole of any of the games.
    You'd almost think that if they don't win in Twickenham it would feel like a disappointing season
    Not winning a Grand Slam will feel shit regardless. But at least we’re in with a shout and learning to deal with the pressure etc. There will be a huge English backlash next week. But that’s what will make it exciting!
    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
        I disagree with this for two reasons.

1. The tactic of playing it to our strengths, winning and evolving over time is better than a revolution and losing for a period.

2. The exciting high skills players coming through are a year away from being fully ready. Letting Carbery, Larmour, stockdale, ringrose loose in Oz is mouthwatering and that’s still over a year out from the RWC.
        Ah I don’t a clue about rugby I just remember the weeks of anguish in the rugged media after the Argentina loss where 6 nations was ran down as a rinks dink comp and the Irish six nations win before the wc was written off as Ireland taking advantage of teams who were building for the WC

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
          Ah I don’t a clue about rugby I just remember the weeks of anguish in the rugged media after the Argentina loss where 6 nations was ran down as a rinks dink comp and the Irish six nations win before the wc was written off as Ireland taking advantage of teams who were building for the WC
          ah this building for the RWC is difficult for a small playing pool like Ireland imo. England, France and New Zealand have the player depth to have the luxury of choice, and to be able to change playing direction and style, but we need a lot of things to go right for every campaign we enter but 3 championships in 5 years is just phenomenal stuff.

Hopefully we'll be at another level come the RWC but there are so many variables...
          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
            Not winning a Grand Slam will feel shit regardless. But at least we’re in with a shout and learning to deal with the pressure etc. There will be a huge English backlash next week. But that’s what will make it exciting!
            How many English players would you put in your starting 15?

I'm at 'Itoje, Farrell and ehh.....'
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              How many English players would you put in your starting 15?

I'm at 'Itoje, Farrell and ehh.....'
              Mike Bullocks Brown

Comment

This is pretty cool. Select a country on the map, anywhere in the world, select a decade and it will play random music from that era from that country.
                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Any sign of The C Kid? Tiger leading again.
                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Tiger like a boss. Gowan the oul lads.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                      This is pretty cool. Select a country on the map, anywhere in the world, select a decade and it will play random music from that era from that country.
                      Russia was the Russian national anthem every decade.
                      "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                      "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                          Tiger like a boss. Gowan the oul lads.
                          Tiger with a club speed of 129.2 mph on the 14th today which is the fastest recorded by anyone on tour this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                            Need to go back and look askance at whoever said The Shape of Water is a bad movie. Lovely stuff.
                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                              Tiger with a club speed of 129.2 mph on the 14th today which is the fastest recorded by anyone on tour this year.
                              Drugs obv

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                Drugs obv
                                I was about to post the same but you were too quick.

Drugs obv.
                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

nice bit of cash to be had by laying woods now. certainly playing well enough to take this down but enough people and himself to stop him. id make rose fav now not woods.

bit of us masters cash to be taken too. few good rounds on pga tour doesnt put you in the top 5 to win here. nostalgia doesnt help with the harsh unforgiving greens of augusta either. he has cherry picked his courses. wont be in contention at augusta. closer to going home early id say.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                                    nice bit of cash to be had by laying woods now. certainly playing well enough to take this down but enough people and himself to stop him. id make rose fav now not woods.

bit of us masters cash to be taken too. few good rounds on pga tour doesnt put you in the top 5 to win here. nostalgia doesnt help with the harsh unforgiving greens of augusta either. he has cherry picked his courses. wont be in contention at augusta. closer to going home early id say.
                                    Was scalping him all round.

Agree with you about the masters. How is he at 12s thats crazy, the Tiger hype train is in full flow. Ive laid him For the masters and will continue to do so while he shortens. God forbid he wins or ill be eating plain rice for a long time.

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Waiting for Godot in the Lime Tree theater tonight, a proper arse nummer, why cant they make the seats more comfortable, after 45mins the wriggling starts.

Very good performances but the story ? I will be thinking about that for a few days.
                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

this seems overly complex. whatever about too many ingredients they lost me at stir in flour to make the roux. how much flour does one need. and do i really need roux. what else can be crossed out

Comment

Is the secret to air travel to never come home, always be going somewhere new ?
                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

The Tiger hype train is the best train. Choo Choo.

Comment

https://supervalu.ie/real-food/recipes/seafood-chowder

this seems overly complex. whatever about too many ingredients they lost me at stir in flour to make the roux. how much flour does one need. and do i really need roux. what else can be crossed out
                                                Equal parts flour and butter, 1Tbsp of flour is around 25g.

Personally...i would buy a premade chowder, buy some salmon and white fish, poach them in milk in an oven, add them to the ready made stuff with a carton of cream.
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                  Equal parts flour and butter, 1Tbsp of flour is around 25g.

Personally...i would buy a premade chowder, buy some salmon and white fish, poach them in milk in an oven, add them to the ready made stuff with a carton of cream.
                                                  doesnt mention butter in receipe? bacon fat perhaps is same as butter

Comment

Comment

@ole you up to date on survivor? Those guys are starting smart this season!

In other TV show news - gave the first episode of A.P. Bio a go and was highly entertained. The ratings for the show are weak-ish though so maybe it falls back in quality after first episode. Has a familiar face in it that suggests the humour style.

I just have the opener lined up !
                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

doesnt mention butter in receipe? bacon fat perhaps is same as butter
                                                        Just add the 25g of butter to the flour, cook that off til u have a nutty smelling paste, then add the milk and whisk
                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

https://supervalu.ie/real-food/recipes/seafood-chowder

It says how much flour in the recipe.

Just add the 25g of butter to the flour, cook that off til u have a nutty smelling paste, then add the milk and whisk
                                                          That's how I'd make a roux usually. But in the linked recipe they were using bacon fat instead of butter. Then adding stock rather than milk.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                            It says how much flour in the recipe.

opps my bad

That's how I'd make a roux usually. But in the linked recipe they were using bacon fat instead of butter. Then adding stock rather than milk.
                                                            clearly mentions milk in the receipe. WE NEEED MILK. back in your hole gordon ramsey. No milk poor chowder as far as im concerned now.

once is a fresh fish not frozen

Comment

clearly mentions milk in the receipe. WE NEEED MILK. back in your hole gordon ramsey. No milk poor chowder as far as im concerned now.

once is a fresh fish not frozen
                                                              The milk goes in after the stock, fish and potatoes. It's not used in the roux.
                                                              This might not be the best 4am recipe.

Comment

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Hows everything going CC ? Wounds healing nicely ? Did they take the grafts from your leg ? You would be surprised how much we use our chest muscles, taking stuff from the boot of a car for example, a big no-no for a few months !
                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Hows everything going CC ? Wounds healing nicely ? Did they take the grafts from your leg ? You would be surprised how much we use our chest muscles, taking stuff from the boot of a car for example, a big no-no for a few months !
                                                                      Everything is progressing really well so far. Was let out of the hospital last Wednesday and am staying with one of my sisters for a week. The cocktail of drugs is going down fine, and I can take the lot in one go at breakfast.

They took the veins from my leg. They were planning on taking one from my left arm as well but they decided on the table that they weren't good enough. Pretty sure I fractured my left arm in a bike crash in Nov 2016, though I didn't seek medical attention for it at the time as I'd prefer the pain to wearing a cast for 6 weeks.

Yeah the chest pain one keeps on surprising. Hurt myself yesterday closing the door of a clothes dryer. Never would have imagined it required such force.
                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Comment

^^^ that's the posey BBC photo btw not my own hot mess
                                                                            Made that a few weeks ago, also using BBC recipe. Was fantastic if I may say so myself

Comment

The wilds of Co Kerry have finally entered the 21st century and we have access to fibre broadband. Looking for the brains trust here to direct me to the best deals/packages out there. Happy enough to bundle broadband/tv/mobile etc if it makes financial sense. Eir have deals that I've looked at. Any others recommended?

Comment

Waiting for Godot in the Lime Tree theater tonight, a proper arse nummer, why cant they make the seats more comfortable, after 45mins the wriggling starts.

Very good performances but the story ? I will be thinking about that for a few days.
                                                                                It's almost like it was a play about nothing.

Comment

Just about time for any stragglers to enter the Cheltenham Tipping Comp. Expected pool of €2k.

Enough money to afford some serious sushi.

Comment

These recent site out issues better not rear their ugly head for the four most important days of IPB's year
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Chorizo and broad bean risotto is smelling mighty fine so far!
                                                                                      Chorizo makes any meal great.

Comment

It's almost like it was a play about nothing.
                                                                                        Almost...

Reminded me of WestWorld as the patrons were taking their seats.

Last edited by oleras; 11-03-18, 14:43.
                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                          Good Chorizo makes any meal great.
                                                                                          The 2.99 stuff tastes like sweepings, always pay for the good stuff.
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Comment

Chorizo and broad bean risotto is smelling mighty fine so far!
                                                                                                  Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                  Made that a few weeks ago, also using BBC recipe. Was fantastic if I may say so myself
                                                                                                  That's dinner tonight sorted

Comment

jury selection starts tomorrow, odds on getting dismissed, too busy. Also is falling aseep showing contempt of court ? Already got the skinhead cut to deter the prosecution

Comment

I enjoy the 2.99 chorizo, yiz are some snooty whingy cunce. Chorizo the new wine obviously.

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

"Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                                                      "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Just about time for any stragglers to enter the Cheltenham Tipping Comp. Expected pool of €2k.

Enough money to afford some serious sushi.

I’d like to donate to this worthy cause, pm bank details please,im AIB so should be instant

Comment

You are going to get me in trouble Dobby if they find out I told you about the potato room.
                                                                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

...

Comment

Brilliant! It took relentless daily onslaught and psychologically-driven laser-focused targeting, but Raoul finally broke PSV.
                                                                                                              I was nearly hooked with the Seinfeld.

I feel like i am missing out now....
                                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Don't remember the last time I've watched anything other than last few holes of a regular PGA tour event until today. Tiger definitely has a pull like no other golfer.
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Coulda woulda shoulda...

IF that spurs game ended 2-2 i would have won just under €1500

Disallowed goal , dumb 3rd goal to give away when pushing for draw

Comment

The crowds are insane. In the lead now.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                                      You are going to get me in trouble Dobby if they find out I told you about the potato room.
                                                                                                                      I'm beginning to think there's no potato room

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                        Don't remember the last time I've watched anything other than last few holes of a regular PGA tour event until today. Tiger definitely has a pull like no other golfer.
                                                                                                                        Seemingly yesterday was the highest viewership for a regular PGA Tour 3rd round in 12 years.

Comment

@ole you up to date on survivor? Those guys are starting smart this season!

Just heading to tribal on ep3.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                          I hope i see what u did there, these are some dumb bunch of cunts...

Ill be back in 10 !
                                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X