Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ed View Post
    Presume a few folks have been Sicily, any particular spot that's best to stay in?
    Stay next door in Malta, and just do a day trip

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
      NME shuttering its print edition after 66 years. Devoured it as a teenager
      Inky fingers
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
        Not a HR expert by any means but would think there terms of service are not broken by the move and they should still be employed by company

Not necessarily the same role though

Unless agreed beforehand that job expires with contract or the company pays them off at end!

The question is is the person being moved because best person for job or being promoted side-wards as a way of getting rid?
        It's private sector hitch. Said person just fancied doing the new role for 12 months .current boss wasn't happy .(not me)

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
          Stay next door in Malta, and just do a day trip
          Have been to Malta so looking at somewhere else this year.

Comment

€1,500 in the pot for the tipping comp.

Giddyup! It's not too late to enter but it soon will be..

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I see Russia is sending out more messages, attempted murder by nerve gas to an ex-spy and his daughter in the UK, they are in critical condition. First police officer that showed up on the scene is too.

A police officer who came to help Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia is also seriously ill.

Comment

Any suggestions/ ideas for a Dublin based stag?

Groom doesn't really want an activity, more a case of some good pubs, drinking activities, something a bit out of the ordinary involving drinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  €1,500 in the pot for the tipping comp.

Giddyup! It's not too late to enter but it soon will be..

Awesome picture.
                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Game on in Wembley!

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                      Any suggestions/ ideas for a Dublin based stag?

Groom doesn't really want an activity, more a case of some good pubs, drinking activities, something a bit out of the ordinary involving drinking.
                      One of the stops could be Drop Dead Twice where you pay for your time there and bring your own alcohol and they make you free cocktails using it as a base. Have good food and live music there too.

There's also cocktail classes in some places that could be good to start off the day.

Comment

Thought Mia was just in another ordinary shitty table quiz there tonight, didnt take much notice just dropped her up to the school at 6.30, went back for 8.30

Didnt realise it was a fairly important with approx 40 schools

anyway she done me proud lol 3rd in the Cumann na mBunscol schools table quiz.

Her sky-ness
                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                          Not a HR expert by any means but would think there terms of service are not broken by the move and they should still be employed by company
                          If they sign a new contract the terms of service change. The old position is no longer theirs. Once the new role expires they are essentially redundant.
                          A way around it would be to take on the second role on a 12 month secondment. That way they retain the old position as the new position is a temporary contract. The company has to agree to a secondment, if they refuse it probably defaults to the first scenario.

Not in HR but the missus dead with a lot of seconded staff and implications of inter-department moves.

Comment

On a somewhat similar note, guy downstairs is moving abroad in a few months, added a lot of improvements and highly recommends I switch apt (ll owns the building). Presume though if I do that I lose the benefit of the rent caps as it would be new tenancy?

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                              Thought Mia was just in another ordinary shitty table quiz there tonight, didnt take much notice just dropped her up to the school at 6.30, went back for 8.30

Didnt realise it was a fairly important with approx 40 schools

anyway she done me proud lol 3rd in the Cumann na mBunscol schools table quiz.

That’s great Michelle.I was on our team in primary school.
                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                One of the stops could be Drop Dead Twice where you pay for your time there and bring your own alcohol and they make you free cocktails using it as a base. Have good food and live music there too.

There's also cocktail classes in some places that could be good to start off the day.
                                oining us for 2 hours (4 drinks)? You'll need 200ml (a naggin).
                                This doesn't sound right.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                      Obviously someone Russian is behind it, but seems far too smallfry to be Putin. It's like Trump trying to assassinate his poolboy. Unless maybe there's a big other defection happening at the moment and a message needs to be sent to defectors.

Loved the story about how people like this guy would get secrets to the Brits in Moscow. That they planted a fake rock on a side street in Moscow and people could pass by the rock and electronically send their secrets to the rock for the Brits to download.

Stewie's Evil Twin -- My Project: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPPfmTiynDU&thank youuuu!!!

Comment

Obviously someone Russian is behind it, but seems far too smallfry to be Putin. It's like Trump trying to assassinate his poolboy. Unless maybe there's a big other defection happening at the moment and a message needs to be sent to defectors.

Loved the story about how people like this guy would get secrets to the Brits in Moscow. That they planted a fake rock on a side street in Moscow and people could pass by the rock and electronically send their secrets to the rock for the Brits to download.
                                        Someting high-profile i.e. with serious potential repercussions, like this would most definitely be signed off by Putin.

The Litvinenko murder enquiry reported as follows:

In January 2016, a UK public inquiry, headed by Sir Robert Owen, found that Andrey Lugovoy and Dmitry Kovtun were responsible for the poisoning of Litvinenko. The inquiry also found that there was a strong probability that Lugovoy and Kovtun were acting under the direction of the FSB, and that their actions were probably approved by both Nikolai Patrushev, Director of the FSB, and President Vladimir Putin

Comment

Sure you get fucked on proper cocktails after two or three of them. My problem with it is I'd drink far more than 4 in the two hours and keel over.

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                          On a somewhat similar note, guy downstairs is moving abroad in a few months, added a lot of improvements and highly recommends I switch apt (ll owns the building). Presume though if I do that I lose the benefit of the rent caps as it would be new tenancy?
                                          Rent cap applies to the apartment, you'd be paying 4% more than the other dude max.
                                          Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 07-03-18, 22:27.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                            That’s great Michelle.I was on our team in primary school.
                                            yeah 4 of them on it , she was delighted got every single Oscar question right. Only one that stumped her which she thought was right was something about a car reg plate and if you drop the letter what word could you make , she said cork drop the C and you get Ork , which she thought was a word , she was wrong anyway. cant figure it out myself tbh lol

ah shur tis all good , great to see her having an interest in that over other stuff , see alot of her classmates getting into make up and fashion now , which thank God she is not! shes such a Tomboy long may it last!!!
                                            Her sky-ness
                                            © 5starpool

Comment

And half a bottle of vodka or so - 350ml is recommended for three hours! Surely most people would be approaching death's door after drinking that much that quickly.
                                              I thought Denny meant it was too small an amount.
                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

yeah 4 of them on it , she was delighted got every single Oscar question right. Only one that stumped her which she thought was right was something about a car reg plate and if you drop the letter what word could you make , she said cork drop the C and you get Ork , which she thought was a word , she was wrong anyway. cant figure it out myself tbh lol

ah shur tis all good , great to see her having an interest in that over other stuff , see alot of her classmates getting into make up and fashion now , which thank God she is not! shes such a Tomboy long may it last!!!
                                                What way was the question asked? Drop the L from Clare and you get Care. Haven't thought much but that just popped into my head when I read your post. Fair play to Mia, I was on the quiz team in secondary, we won our local comp and finished 3rd at county, just missing out on the Munsters

Comment

Comment

We won the North Dublin one and got to go to the All Ireland. Think we finished 9th with 87/100. I still remember 3 questions we got wrong in the final (one was a license plate question too) What are the only 2 counties where the letters reversed is the other county. What is the fictional town in fair city and what are the 3 colors of the network 2 logo and in what order are they from the top.
                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Litveneko was definitely Putin by most accepted accounts. That's why this case is strange as he was very smallfry compared to Litveneko who was viewed as an immediate threat due to who he was working with (Kordovsky?). This guy though was only sentenced to a few years in jail in Russia, so wasn't even viewed seriously while he was there. His main activity in UK was buying scratchcards, so he was hardly thinking in a James Bond scheme himself. But maybe it's part of a bigger operation as part of sending a message on some unknown event. Maybe. I suspect it's some smaller conflict. The poor British bobby being involved has made it major anyway, so it's a done deal.
                                                      "kill somebody to send a message, I dont care who"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                          What way was the question asked? Drop the L from Clare and you get Care. Haven't thought much but that just popped into my head when I read your post. Fair play to Mia, I was on the quiz team in secondary, we won our local comp and finished 3rd at county, just missing out on the Munsters
                                                          Louth - LH - drop the LH and get 'out'. Tough question that I had to use wiki for And also thought 'ork' was a word.
                                                          ah brill , ill tell her!!

wonder could she argue this lol

Her sky-ness
                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Meath - Drop the MH and left with Eat.

Comment

Although I am nearly sure she said a one letter car reg !
                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

We won the North Dublin one and got to go to the All Ireland. Think we finished 9th with 87/100. I still remember 3 questions we got wrong in the final (one was a license plate question too) What are the only 2 counties where the letters reversed is the other county. What is the fictional town in fair city and what are the 3 colors of the network 2 logo and in what order are they from the top.
                                                                Longford and donegal?

Comment

Sure you get fucked on proper cocktails after two or three of them. My problem with it is I'd drink far more than 4 in the two hours and keel over.

Rent cap applies to the apartment, you'd be paying 4% more than the other dude max.
                                                                  Are you sure? I thought new tenant the 4% would not apply. There was controversy over landlords pretending to sell houses for a month or two to get cheap tenants out, then change their mind and rent it at whatever they wanted.
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                    Longford and donegal?
                                                                    Yeah. We misunderstood the question at the time.

Comment

Offal-y innit

Comment

Although I am nearly sure she said a one letter car reg !
                                                                        ...Boom boom, let me here you say M-ayo, AYO!!!...

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                          Are you sure? I thought new tenant the 4% would not apply. There was controversy over landlords pretending to sell houses for a month or two to get cheap tenants out, then change their mind and rent it at whatever they wanted.
                                                                          I think the rule is that a new tenant can only be charged 4% more than what a previous tenant was paying in general but that for Denny the price wouldn't change if the previous tenants rent had gone up in the last year. If it has gone up the landlord can't put it up again.

A clause to raise it more if they do substantial renovation but that has recently been defined as more than an aul how-do-you-do to a place and actually needs to be substantial. There's a 20 page booklet of examples.
                                                                          Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 07-03-18, 23:28.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                            ...Boom boom, let me here you say M-ayo, AYO!!!...
                                                                            surely to fuck I am not the only one who sang this

that was class tbf
                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Wexford is backwards XW.
                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

This place is dying.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                  This place is dying.
                                                                                  I prefer to think of it as entropy increasing.

Comment

Ah, the breakfast of champions

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                      Rule applies to the property, not the tenant.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                        Wexford is backwards
                                                                                        FYP

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                          Enjoy the MITSUBISHI
                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Thanks for the cap insight

I thought Denny meant it was too small an amount.
                                                                                            I did, I tend to guzzle cocktails though.

Comment

...

Comment

Win the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp and be a giant amongst men. €1,550 in the pot already and rising inexorably towards 2k.

Comment

Obviously needed more education in biology, but find it fascinating that you can swallow 10-11 pills like that and they all go into your stomach and then know what they've got to do when they get there. Like a few pills know they need to work on CC's blood pressure, and few on pain, etc, and off they go and do their thing.
                                                                                                  I used wonder how neurofens back pain relief knew to go straight for the back, or their headache ones straight for the head, then they got done for false advertising because it's a load of bollocks.

But I wonder about the above too!
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Obviously needed more education in biology, but find it fascinating that you can swallow 10-11 pills like that and they all go into your stomach and then know what they've got to do when they get there. Like a few pills know they need to work on CC's blood pressure, and few on pain, etc, and off they go and do their thing.
                                                                                                    Same can be said about everything and anything really. I wouldnt pretend to know how anything really works tbh, ie... wifi, internet, electricity, etc... but just take it for granted that they do...
                                                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                        If they sign a new contract the terms of service change. The old position is no longer theirs. Once the new role expires they are essentially redundant.
                                                                                                        A way around it would be to take on the second role on a 12 month secondment. That way they retain the old position as the new position is a temporary contract. The company has to agree to a secondment, if they refuse it probably defaults to the first scenario.

Not in HR but the missus dead with a lot of seconded staff and implications of inter-department moves.
                                                                                                        Sound cheers

Comment

You're missing one of your 11 tablets. Based on recent evidence gained from this forum you be either given it to a cat or a cat has taken it.

Comment

I like to imagine osmosis jones was a documentary
                                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Its more like certain chemical compounds have been designed to preferentially act in certain ways or we know from a crap load of research that the body responds in certain ways to certain chemicals.. so.. thank all the mice for that I suppose (and rats, pigs, monkeys, etc).
                                                                                                              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                                @AJ, have decided to go for/win the fpl for March this year.

Will be creating a new team for it under the name of CrowBlackChicken, will be a failure if I'm not #1 in the world.
                                                                                                                Frasier Forster as the goalie, Gomes as the back-up, used bench boost, neither played, gg.
                                                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

You're missing one of your 11 tablets. Based on recent evidence gained from this forum you be either given it to a cat or a cat has taken it.
                                                                                                                  No, the pharmacy was out of stock of 3 of the drugs I need. Will be picking them up this afternoon.
                                                                                                                  Last edited by ComradeCollie; 08-03-18, 11:00.

Comment

Some chemicals react to block pain.
                                                                                                                    Some chemicals make you happy.
                                                                                                                    Some make you breath better (those one often also make you lose weight).

A lot of the time we only fine out what they do through observation. Viagra was a cardiac medication, the controllable boners was just a convienient side effect.

Comment

A m8 of mine works for the Sanger Institute in Cambridge. They have a huge warehouse where they breed and store all their test animals. They call it Mauswitz.
                                                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I still remember 3 questions we got wrong in the final (one was a license plate question too) What are the only 2 counties where the letters reversed is the other county.
                                                                                                                        ...This one is pissing me off somewhat...I seen someone wrote Longford Donegal, but can't understand it... Any explanation?...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                                          ...This one is pissing me off somewhat...I seen someone wrote Longford Donegal, but can't understand it... Any explanation?...
                                                                                                                          LD & DL on license plates

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X