Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 06-03-18, 13:27.
    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Real Madrid at 11/4 is surely a good price to take a chance on in the match tonight away to PSG. Neymar is out injured.

Also went with Ramos at 25 to 1 for 1st goalscore

Comment

Second win on the board for Ireland v PNG today. Unfortunately Afghanistan narrowly lost to Zimbabwe today, would have been nice for us if that result went the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            btw we were going to watch Shape of Water last night but the acquired copy was fairly shite, so switched to Three Billboards. Is there a decent copy of Shape out, or they're all a bit dodgy? (needs to not be dodgy on 100inch projector magnificence, not sure if screener copies are generally weak on that front).
            Yeah bluray version doing the rounds.
            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Looking to pick up some powerline adaptors a triple pack if possible, needed for tv in sitting room & back bedroom, any recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                Looking to pick up some powerline adaptors a triple pack if possible, needed for tv in sitting room & back bedroom, any recommendations?
                From the boards Bargain Alerts forum (one of my favourites on the old place! )

The MyMemory range of Powerlines includes all the leading brands, from Edimax to D-link and TP-Link. Buy online today!

Comment

CNN only had one show in the top 25 for weekday programmes in February in the USA. FOX News had 15 of the top 20 including the top 2.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                    CNN only had one show in the top 25 for weekday programmes in February in the USA. FOX News had 15 of the top 20 including the top 2.
                    A majority of US Cable news viewers are morons, shock horror
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

What does that mean to you? What's your opinion on it? Do you have opinions? Or do you just repost whatever hot topic is at the top of the list on some alt right reddit forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                        What does that mean to you? What's your opinion on it? Do you have opinions? Or do you just repost whatever hot topic is at the top of the list on some alt right reddit forum.
                        My opinion on that is that it seems CNN needs to reevaluate their strategy while FOX should continue with theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                          We have these ones

Comment

My opinion on that is that it seems CNN needs to reevaluate their strategy while FOX should continue with theirs.

Do you think it's more important for a news channel to have accurate reporting or grab ratings? Do you think you get better information from the daily mail or reuters?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                              Do you think it's more important for a news channel to have accurate reporting or grab ratings? Do you think you get better information from the daily mail or reuters?
                              Accurate reporting is of course key and the most important. What do you think yourself?

Comment

Accurate reporting is of course key and the most important. What do you think yourself?

Would agree with you on that and would also think the weird idea that the trump family have that ratings are a measure of quality is idiotic

Comment

Does it upset you that CNN aren't reaching enough of their target audience?

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                    Does it upset you that CNN aren't reaching enough of their target audience?
                                    No because I believe in competitive markets. They will just have to work harder to meet the needs of the media consumers that's how our system works.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                            Yeah looks like the one I'd need.

Comment

CNN really does need a shake up tbf. Less fact-checking of Trump's statements - boring. Less interviewing of people who agree to be interviewed - grubby. Less investigating of Russian meddling in the election - unnecessary. Less coverage of the Muller investigation - biased. What they need is more attack pieces on Hillary and Obama and the rest of the media's unfair coverage of Trump.

I'd be interested to know the age demo of those ratings and the overlap with Tucker & Hannity etc?
                                              You have one major right wing network hoovering up engaged right wing viewership while the rest are diluted among democrats/unengaged viewers.

An interesting idea would be to look at the adverts that appear in their highest rated shows?
                                              Are they abc1 targeted adverts or medical alert bracelet/panic alarm type things?
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

No because I believe in competitive markets. They will just have to work harder to meet the needs of the media consumers that's how our system works.
                                                WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                  CNN really does need a shake up tbf. Less fact-checking

Comment

If Trump manages to denuclearise NK he'd have the best foreign affairs record of any president in years?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                      If Trump manages to denuclearise NK he'd have the best foreign affairs record of any president in years?
                                                      Its certainly a unique approach to geopolitics.
                                                      He's effectively 'chiefing' NK
                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Comment

Best since Obama at least who denuclearised Iran.
                                                          Kinda loses points for the growth and success of ISIS under his watch.

Comment

Comment

Forgive me, when you just mentioned about Trumps fantasy denuclearisation and I pointed out Obama's actual denuclearisation, I didn't realise you had a secret set of additional rules in your head that also had to be achieved by Obama in order for 'actually achieved' to be better than make-believe.
                                                              That and the fact that Iran never actually built nukes.

Comment

Comment

Another addition to the IPB HQ trivia roll of honor,chopped with 54 people for a whopping $13.64 doesn’t seem to be anyway of tilt punting it so i guess I’ll have to withdraw. Can’t complain too much was furiously trying to change my correct Q10 answer to an incorrect one but seems it can’t be done
                                                                  Some lads chopped one for 8500 each at the weekend,seems the secret is speedtyping google and a bunch of mates to cover the angles on the hard questions

Comment

Could anyone recommend a good book about the CIA/intelligence agencies, of a non tinfoil hat nature?

Comment

Ronaldo never scores in the big games

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                        Could anyone recommend a good book about the CIA/intelligence agencies, of a non tinfoil hat nature?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                          A majority of US Cable news viewers are morons, shock horror
                                                                          More likely the fact that people under 40 rarely watch tv and stream everything.

I watch sports on live tv and that's it.

I stopped watching RTÉ news ages ago about the same time I stopped watching master chef and about 2 years gave up on Chanel 4.

Bit of a non story really.

Comment

Is it not generally accepted this side of the world that both CNN and Fox news are a load of fake bollocks from either end of spectrum.
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

CNN viewers have work to go to, whereas Fox viewing yokels have nothing to do but watch Fox all day.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                Ronaldo never scores in the big games
                                                                                I think people stopped arguing that point about 5 years ago tbf..
                                                                                Last edited by The Situation; 06-03-18, 21:14.
                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

You are a Russian bot who was attracted here by mentions of Vegas and Tea
                                                                                  & I claim may $5 (seeing as Dobby is doing call backs to the 00's)

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                    I think people stopped arguing that point about 5 years ago tbf..
                                                                                    Still one or two here that cling to that argument

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                      CNN viewers have work to go to, whereas Fox viewing yokels have nothing to do but watch Fox all day.
                                                                                      Nah the lunatics over there have jobs. And guns
                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

It's funny how bought into everything either side are these days with Trump.
                                                                                        Love trump love fox defend every daft thing he says or does
                                                                                        Hate trump, love Hillary and Obama and CNN etc.

CNN is shite. Trump's a cunt. So is Hilary.
                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                          Welsh, rough looking fella, comes into a pub I was working in in that London one afternoon...

"Where are all your customers?" (in a your pub is quiet so fucked sort of manner)

At work!

"Oohhh"

Comment

That and the fact that Iran never actually built nukes.
                                                                                            They were / are in a position to so on demand and unlike DPRK are a real country with an economy, a range of alliances in the world as well as a population that aren't starving and whose only interest is in rejoining the South.

Solving DPRK is the lowest of low hanging fruit, it is a problem that is resolved by time alone. It would take is an utter imbecile to fck that up.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                              Welsh, rough looking fella, comes into a pub I was working in in that London one afternoon...

"Where are all your customers?" (in a your pub is quiet so fucked sort of manner)

At work!

"Oohhh"
                                                                                              Welsh ? Lol tell the truth . He was a Scouser wasn't he.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                Its certainly a unique approach to geopolitics.
                                                                                                He's effectively 'chiefing' NK
                                                                                                President Trump incorrectly described a phone call he had with South Korean President Moon Jae-in as being with someone from North Korea, a National Security Council official said Monday.

While discussing North Korea on Saturday, Trump said "they, by the way, called up a couple of days ago. 'We would like to talk.' And I said, 'So would we, but you have to de-nuke, you have to de-nuke.'" In reality, the call on March 1 was with Moon, the official told South Korea's Yonhap News Agency. "President Trump did not have a call with the North Koreans," the official confirmed.

The Chief would be proud

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                  Welsh ? Lol tell the truth . He was a Scouser wasn't he.
                                                                                                  You're from Dublin not Manchester

I am from Sligo not Liverpool

Comment

That old chestnut ?

Comment

Non fiction!

Comment

Nail. Head. Etc

Comment

They were / are in a position to so on demand and unlike DPRK are a real country with an economy, a range of alliances in the world as well as a population that aren't starving and whose only interest is in rejoining the South.

Solving DPRK is the lowest of low hanging fruit, it is a problem that is resolved by time alone. It would take is an utter imbecile to fck that up.
                                                                                                          What is Kim's end game in talking about reunification? Surely he;d realise it would be essentially making the whole country eventually like the South? I can't imagine even he is thinking that reunification will leave his family in charge of the whole peninsula.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                            Nail. Head. Etc
                                                                                                            You and el have shamed me. A lifetime of slagging Scousers and now I feel silly.

Hope some of ye dry fecking boots got on my Real Madrid bet .

Comment

Would have thought that would make NK the more dangerous of the two.

Comment

Richie Satch on prime time

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                      What is Kim's end game in talking about reunification? Surely he;d realise it would be essentially making the whole country eventually like the South? I can't imagine even he is thinking that reunification will leave his family in charge of the whole peninsula.
                                                                                                                      Multi billion pay off for him and the family along with holding on to some ownership of state assets.
                                                                                                                      Its a no brainer, the state is crumbling around him.
                                                                                                                      Would have thought that would make NK the more dangerous of the two.
                                                                                                                      What have DPRK actually done outside their borders other than fly a few missile tests? They have one card and have been overplaying it for decades.
                                                                                                                      Sure they could have enough crazy to let a nuke off but the next day its game over for them.
                                                                                                                      Iran are currently involved in proxy wars on a number of fronts with the US, Israel and the Saudi's and Trump goes blustering in with unhelpful escalation for no reason other than a childish gainsaying of anything Obama did.

Comment

...

Comment

I hesitate to make a statement this declarative but Shackleton may just have been the largest and most steaming pile of shite I have ever had the misfortune to attend.
                                                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X