Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing Zoom and punting on 3 runner races at Southwell, this is the life....

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
      More costs and paperwork are always a good incentive to save more alright.
      They don’t want you saving that way. They’ll be forcing you down the large scale master trust route unless you have a very large pot.
      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

From someone in the other place.

Originally posted by thejuggler
        86 years young on a sledge just outside Cork City. Well done Eileen.

Opr

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

May reiterating the having and eating cake doctrine without, afaics, without any concrete proposals .
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
              Any chemists open around Dun Laoire/Glenageary? I have water trapped in my ear thats driving me crazy. Have tried all the methods google suggests, no joy.
              Did you try a drop of olive oil in the affected ear and lie on your side with that ear up for ten minutes and then try blowing it out again?

That usually works for me when I get a bad dose of it... not sure what you expect a pharmacist to do

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                They don’t want you saving that way. They’ll be forcing you down the large scale master trust route unless you have a very large pot.
                Government not getting a big enough cut is it? Very large pot wouldn't describe my couple of years in this pension so far. I'll worry about it when I have to though I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                  Did you try a drop of olive oil in the affected ear and lie on your side with that ear up for ten minutes and then try blowing it out again?

That usually works for me when I get a bad dose of it... not sure what you expect a pharmacist to do
                  Something like this...https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/sw...od1575-product

Yeah tried that.

Comment

Nigel Owens is a gay..

The BBC has explained an embarrassing subtitling error where the words 'Nigel Owen is a gay' appeared on screen during Scotland's win over England.

Comment

There was a bunch of kids outside throwing snowballs at the neighbours house across the street. I told the little one to go upstairs and look out the window. I crept out the front door and started pelting them for the craic. Neighbour comes out to the door and tells them she's gonna call the Guards. I made some joke about getting them for her.

Had great craic then for about 15 mins, about 8 of them against me, took a couple to the head, got a few shots in myself.

Came in then and went up to the little one, she was loving it, asked me to get the kids to throw snowballs up at her at the window. A couple start throwing them up at her, she's loving it.

I look across the street and the neighbour is out on the phone to the Guards because they're throwing snowballs at my window.

lol
                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Think I might go play cash poker tonight for the first time in a while.

Everything is telling me not to, but Im at a loose end.
                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                          There was a bunch of kids outside throwing snowballs at the neighbours house across the street. I told the little one to go upstairs and look out the window. I crept out the front door and started pelting them for the craic. Neighbour comes out to the door and tells them she's gonna call the Guards. I made some joke about getting them for her.

Had great craic then for about 15 mins, about 8 of them against me, took a couple to the head, got a few shots in myself.

Came in then and went up to the little one, she was loving it, asked me to get the kids to throw snowballs up at her at the window. A couple start throwing them up at her, she's loving it.

I look across the street and the neighbour is out on the phone to the Guards because they're throwing snowballs at my window.

lol
                          thats brilliant. If the guards arrive ask them to join in. Three guards had a snowball fight with a group of local teenagers here yesterday. I was out walking and came across it, least it shows they can have the craic anyway.

Got into one earlier. Was out walking with herself and the dog and these people, about 20, we're on the green throwing snowballs, we just joined in and the dog was loving it too. Everyone in mighty form. Great craic

Comment

Feck, guessed q12 wrong on Hq. 2 winners
                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                              so much for the 4pm blizzard
                              Seems to have gotten worse since they told us we can go outside again

Comment

Pray for the drop of water trapped inside Hector Jellys head

Comment

Comment

@5starpool, super value opened if you're stuck. Just saw this on an Ashbourne Facebook page. Bring a book to keep you occupied while you wait. People are actually idiots if they can't survive a day without going to the shop. Barring people that need essentials like nappies or baby food or whatever. Anything else can wait.

Edit. Spoilered for hugeness on phones

SPOILER
                                    Last edited by dobby; 02-03-18, 15:38.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                      @5starpool, super value opened if you're stuck. Just saw this on an Ashbourne Facebook page. Bring a book to keep you occupied while you wait. People are actually idiots if they can't survive a day without going to the shop. Barring people that need essentials like nappies or baby food or whatever. Anything else can wait.

Edit. Spoilered for hugeness on phones

SPOILER
                                      Jaysus, no I'm grand. I was going to go out for a walk earlier and get a couple of non-essentials if things were open. Ne desire to now though.

Comment

Funny to see some of the Chinese restaurants stand out a mile with no snow on the roofs🤔
                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Wasn't aware of the snow has to be the dumbest lie to everyone tell a Gard

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                            Feck, guessed q12 wrong on Hq. 2 winners
                                            I fell on the Clockwork orange question. What sport is Alex's clothes derived from?
                                            Odd that, I doubt I ever thought about it but fencing seemed obvious until I looked again at a picture, then the right answer was obv!

Did you notice that the winners were nearly the same username , something like AlexcX and AlexcZ

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                              As "Cabin Fever" sets in it just proves the therory that Dog is a man's best friend. Pets don't talk back.
                                              Joked to the wife this morning she was like the snow, nice to look at but a cunt to live with. She didn't get the joke.
                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Seems to have gotten worse since they told us we can go outside again
                                                This. It's been absolutely chucking it down here for about the last 3/4 hours non stop

Comment

saw some lads outside filling their bag of cans with snow #aspirations

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                    I fell on the Clockwork orange question. What sport is Alex's clothes derived from?
                                                    Odd that, I doubt I ever thought about it but fencing seemed obvious until I looked again at a picture, then the right answer was obv!

Did you notice that the winners were nearly the same username , something like AlexcX and AlexcZ
                                                    i lost a few later on the bbc motto.

Comment

Comment

local pub is open.
                                                        I believe I am in dire need.
                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                          Think someone needs to have a word with laz. He's getting far too much enjoyment out of this national disaster. Can only imagine how he'd have been during Pompeii 'fireball ahoy!!'
                                                          I'm awaiting a "day 14, it's still fucking snowing.
                                                          " post from laz

my daughter has decided she loves the snow. as in she doesnt want to walk stand or touch the snow, but wants me to carry her around in it.
                                                          bleeding post millennials

local shop posted on FB they were opening at 2pm
                                                          missus sent me over at 1 to beat the crowd.
                                                          I ended up being top of a queue of around 80 telling all shop was opening at 2pm.
                                                          Shop did not open.
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Pizzeria announced they were opening for collection. Drove there just to get out of the gaf. Roads are in shite. Pizza worth it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                              There was a story around that in Blindboy book. Is it an actual thing?
                                                              Think so, I've no hard evidence but have always heard many double up as grow houses.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.iris...467%3fmode=amp

Article a few years old but relevant.
                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Would have thought more of a rural thing than restaurants.

Comment

Guessing this is going to last into Mon/Tue?

Comment

Pretty tilted not knowing if my 9:15 interview on Monday morning is going to happen. Ideal situation is they keep it on and all the other cunce can't make it.

Comment

Last of the snow tonight, temperatures up tomorrow so thaw will start around noon.
                                                                      According to boards weather forum.

Comment

Just leaving the house for the first time in over 48 hours. Pub is open!

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                          Just leaving the house for the first time in over 48 hours. Pub is open!
                                                                          You missed out on a fun 48 hours outdoors.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                            Last of the snow tonight, temperatures up tomorrow so thaw will start around noon.
                                                                            According to boards weather forum.
                                                                            Then the bleedin floods. It's our own fault for opening the pubs on Good Friday.

Gfyl

Comment

Comment

Is anyone else dying to go back to work. I'm back tomorrow 11 to 6 after 3 paid days off and I can't fucking wait. Roster out tonight and still due 2 days off, dunno even if I want them lol.
                                                                                Bored off my head!
                                                                                Upside cleared wardrobes and shit like that. Plenty of bags to go to the charity shop.

Also my Pores are practically reeking of gin at this point. Currently drinking a pint of water
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                  Funny to see some of the Chinese restaurants stand out a mile with no snow on the roofs🤔

Comment

The weather, it seems has turned into gossip.

Being the first to know and to pass it on as if it is gospel.

From now on, i will look out the window and not be forthwith with anything i have overheard on the interweb.

"It was the isle of man that stopped this being a 1947 event"....bloody isle of man popping up in 1948....and as for those wicklow mountains, bloody upstarts !
                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Scumbags looting a Lidl in Tallaght.

Wouldn't loot less than Supervalu myself.

Comment

Dart line a canal now

Comment

Having a cup of tea.
                                                                                          "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                                          "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

It turns out, there is enough snow in east cork to snowboard

Opr

Comment

hup

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                              "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                  Its on fire now.

And you wonder why we cant have nice things.
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

They've wrecked it with a stolen JCB.

Was making a joke about it earlier but fuck me, wtf is wrong with people?

Fucking vermin.

Comment

Comment

They've wrecked it with a stolen JCB.

Was making a joke about it earlier but fuck me, wtf is wrong with people?

Fucking vermin.
                                                                                                        ...Was sure this was fake...Absolutely disgusting...Like it's potentially millions worth of damage, jobs lost...Complete and utter scumbags...

Comment

Ive shopped there regularly enough.

Can't believe it.

Comment

Looting a centra now aswell.
                                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

The deterrent is police, not society.

Sad.
                                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

It's crazy what's going on at the moment.

Comment

#jobstownnotguilty

Comment

Holy fucking jesus, tallaght. That's shocking
                                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Saw a video of them trying to whack open Lidl's safe with the JCB.

Comment

...Just seen another video that someone had from snapchat... They have robbed the safe from Lidl, are smashing it up with another machine- in public FFS...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                                          ...Was sure this was fake...Absolutely disgusting...Like it's potentially millions worth of damage, jobs lost...Complete and utter scumbags...
                                                                                                                          There'll be more jobs if anything, jobs fixing it. Jobstown lads understand economics.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X