Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

congrats m8
    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Dont get me an easter egg this year, I dont want to spend tomorrow stuffing my face.....I listened to her

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
          A woman in Italy died today aged 117 who was thought to be the last living person born in the 1800's. A significant death.
          When i was in college in the early 90s in Belfast i worked in a nursing home and helped look after a gentleman called Mr. May.

I recall him turning 100, so he was probably born in 1891/1892.

He was still alive when i moved to London to make my fortune in '93. He needed a zimmer frame to get around but otherwise was quite independent and determined. Dapper and middle class (by Belfast standards) he was a lovely fella with a caring family.

I've often though how he would surely have met (or at least been in the same room as) someone who was born in the 18th century and that always felt like a direct link to the 1700s to me.

Now my son (18 months) could reasonably expect to live into the 22nd century and i'll probably bore him to death with stories of the 20th century and maybe how once i knew someone from the 19th century called Mr. May who knew somebody from the 1700s.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
            Yeah avoid. If you haven't seen Spotless go with that, you won't regret it.
            Watched 1st 2 eps after seeing this, pretty good 👍 BCS was a bit of a slow start

Comment

@5starpool

I see from the other place that you are a little disparaging of Spurs. What your beef with them?
              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                @5starpool

I see from the other place that you are a little disparaging of Spurs. What your beef with them?
                spurs?? Not everyone approves but some people use them well.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                  @5starpool

Not disparaging of them at all. They have an excellent team, excellent manager, and play good football. I still don't want them to win the PL, mostly for petty reasons, but I'm ok with that.

Comment

my baby just turned 12

canvas for sure , a beautiful memory

Last edited by SatNav; 15-04-17, 23:23.
                    Her sky-ness
                    © 5starpool

Comment

I've always felt a bit creeped out by parents and children kissing on the lips.

Comment

Awh Happy Birthday To Mia She is an Aries ! Like my Mom!

Comment

Bit pissed nobody showed to my fairy gaf. There was a BBQ

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                            Bit pissed nobody showed to my fairy gaf. There was a BBQ
                            We went to so much effort ..

You won monies on the Unicorn race though so ...yay!Maythehorsebewithu came in first!

Comment

Paddy Power live help just put me on a break for admitting to being drunk. Still haven't settled my bet.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                Paddy Power live help just put me on a break for admitting to being drunk. Still haven't settled my bet.
                                Were you betting on Chelsea m8? Classic giveaway.

Joke worked better last season.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                  Were you betting on Chelsea m8? Classic giveaway.

Joke worked better last season.
                                  I'm pretty sure the shit going on here is ridiculous. Will review tomorrow and post if I reckon I wasn't being a cunt.

He just told me the policy is of the agents after I asked him to link me to the policy on paddys rules. Must be getting trolled. Doug working there?

Comment

They should just give you the monies.

CH DOG. ROLLIN

Comment

Paddy Power is worse than a dude on tilt at the 10c/20c tables when they lose.

Its to be admired how they pass their cuntishness down to all their staff. Make Ryanair look decent.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Jaysus...underestimated chicken pox. Floored.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                Jaysus...underestimated chicken pox.
                                                Dunno, think he was just more preoccupied with being nailed to a cross today tbf.
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Dunno, think he was just more preoccupied with being nailed to a cross today tbf.
                                                  being nailed to the cross took his mind off how bad chicken pox was. Zuutroy should try it, If it worked for Jaysus...

Comment

2/10

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                    being nailed to the cross took his mind off how bad chicken pox was. Zuutroy should try it, If it worked for Jaysus...
                                                    6/10

Couple of heathens!

Today is zombie Jew day!

Extreme Roman yoga day was on Friday!

Comment

Been moving shit into my new gaff for the past few days. Mostly done now until we leave our apt for good in 2 weeks time. I have the feet up, streaming the snooker with a turf fire burning in the stove. Good times.
                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                        Been moving shit into my new gaff for the past few days. Mostly done now until we leave our apt for good in 2 weeks time. I have the feet up, streaming the snooker with a turf fire burning in the stove. Good times.
                                                        Best of luck with the new mansion.

Comment

Best of luck with the new mansion.
                                                          Cheers Dom. Been a hectic few weeks to get it all done but we're on the down slopes now so it's great. We've moved all our stuff into 2-3 rooms so we may have overdone the scale!!
                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

A woman in Italy died today aged 117 who was thought to be the last living person born in the 1800's. A significant death.
                                                            A lad I worked with, I guess he was born in the mid 1970's had a grandfather who was born in the 1850's
                                                            The Grandfather was in his 70's when his father was born and his own father was in his 50 when he was born the youngest of a big family and now he's just starting his own family .
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                              A lad I worked with, I guess he was born in the mid 1970's had a grandfather who was born in the 1850's
                                                              The Grandfather was in his 70's when his father was born and his own father was in his 50 when he was born the youngest of a big family and now he's just starting his own family .
                                                              That's old. All my grandparents I think were born in the 1800's, although one grandmother might have been 1900. 1 was definitely in 1889, and 2 in 1899 anyhow. A bit of confusion about the last one, even in the census records.

Comment

The tenth US president John Tyler who was in office in the 1840s has grandsons alive.

Comment

Are there any WW1 soldiers still alive? Might be someone born in 1902/03 who fought in 1918 still alive, though maybe not as men seem less likely to live to 115.

Comment

Are there any WW1 soldiers still alive? Might be someone born in 1902/03 who fought in 1918 still alive, though maybe not as men seem less likely to live to 115.
                                                                    Not too many WW2 ones left, I doubt there are any WW1 ones.

Comment

2nd day stew for dinner today. Lovely job.

Comment

Watched Split and Logan. Both great flicks imo.

Comment

I really enjoyed Logan. Be interesting to see what they do next with the character.

Comment

Last known WW1 veteran died in 2010 at 110

If Trump keeps getting his ego wanked off by firing missiles it won't be too long before they are all at it again.

Comment

Are Chelsea going to bottle the league CHD?

Comment

Paul Dunne sunk a birdie on the last to force a play off with E Molinari on sky sports 4 now.

Comment

Last known WW1 veteran died in 2010 at 110

If Trump keeps getting his ego wanked off by firing missiles it won't be too long before they are all at it again.
                                                                                  trump playing poker with the big red button is very unlikely to result in the rise of the Ottaman empire or the rebuilding of trenches across the western front.

From a purely military standpoint collecting millions of soldiers into one place during a nuclear missile war is really only asking for mass casualties.

In a nuclear war you probably only need a few hundred soldiers to guard the engineers who will fuel the whole thing up so if anything military casualties and conscription will be very low as they are the guys sitting in the bunkers.

Comment

Erdogan becoming the new Turkish Emperor, in effect, won't be a great thing for the world either. Mad how people actually vote for this shit.

Comment

...

Comment

I'm sure in 2028 Erdogan will introduce some new rule that he can stay in power for another 10 years after the current 2029 limit.

Comment

Triumph for the Moronocracy

Comment

Triumph for the Moronocracy
                                                                                            *Islamic Moronocracy
                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                              It's all so gradual. You build in these little steps and people accept them and then a few more steps, fast forward ten years and you ask people if they'd mind living in a dictatorship and they can't really see the difference.

I remember when Erdogan first came to power and everyone was warning he had this potential but they all lost interest over the years as there wasn't some big bang transition, but instead these thousands of little changes that people just can't protest each little one.

You can see same in US. The media is literally called the enemy of the people, Muslim immigrants being directly targeted, these insensitivity of the president to criticism. But even the most ardent opponent would seem like a crank if they were out on the streets protesting at each new outrage. So the patient potential dictator wins through attrition. Not that that can realistically happen in the US, but more as an illustration of how social norms can be upturned and a new reality gradually settle in.
                                                                                              All true and could equally be applied to the erosion of privacy by the tech giants.everything,everywhere recorded.see they are coming back now with google glass v2 ,augmented reality. Far more worrying than anything going on in turkey tbh

Comment

Anyone here playing Player Unknown`Battlegrounds ? Its great fun, very very hard.

Player Unknown's Battlegrounds. I'm having a super time playing this game at the moment, it just captures BR combat perfectly for me. Why is it so good? Leav...

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                  All true and could equally be applied to the erosion of privacy by the tech giants.everything,everywhere recorded.see they are coming back now with google glass v2 ,augmented reality. Far more worrying than anything going on in turkey tbh
                                                                                                  Google give a fuck about what we talk about at breakfast so they can sell us Corn Flakes.

Far more worrying. lol
                                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Interesting gambling-related tale.

Looks like Billy Walters is going down.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                      Google give a fuck about what we talk about at breakfast so they can sell us Corn Flakes.

Far more worrying. lol
                                                                                                      The erosion of privacy through tech is a huge threat.

Arguing that you don’t care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don’t care about free speech because you have nothing to say. (Snowden)
                                                                                                      The most corrosive way in which I think it will affect society going forward is in the need for people to self censor. If we live in an age when everything is surveilled people are going to stop giving opinions which put them in danger. You lose those points of view which in turn pushes conversations in certain directions. That is an extremely dangerous thing when the narrative is controllable.

You can see this directly in countries where journalists/activists work in areas of the world where freedom of expression is completely shut down and as such turn to things such as the darkweb for tools to get opposing opinions into the public discourse.

It may seem like each little bit of privacy we give up is no big deal but in the same way Hitch talks about subtle change amounting to something terrible over time it is going the same way with tech which pushes us further and further away from a free society. What happens when a guy who runs for public office or applies for a job can have his most intimate life details trawled over. We are on a very slippery slope with all this stuff.

Opr

Comment

The technological revolution is the single most important thing to happen to mankind. There are downsides, although nowhere near as dystopian as you make out.

30 years ago we didn't have opinions that would put us in danger. Because nobody knew we had them.

It's like people in the 1890s arguing that the motor car is a terrible idea because it will knock people down. Only they weren't arguing publicly at 2am, in their boxers.

Comment

The technological revolution is the single most important thing to happen to mankind. There are downsides, although nowhere near as dystopian as you make out.

30 years ago we didn't have opinions that would put us in danger. Because nobody knew we had them.

It's like people in the 1890s arguing that the motor car is a terrible idea because it will knock people down. Only they weren't arguing publicly at 2am, in their boxers.
                                                                                                          Road Crash Statistics. Nearly 1.3 million people die in road crashes each year, on average 3,287 deaths a day. An additional 20-50 million are injured or disabled. More than half of all road traffic deaths occur among young adults ages 15-44.

Comment

Technological advancement and the the right to privacy aren't symbiotic. We can protect privacy better without needing to slow down progress.

Yes you had a choice of who did or didn't know those opinions. That choice is now being slowly eroded to the point of being taken away.

I don't even see a tenuous link between the two.

As an aside, I only found out a week ago that Windows 10 has a built in keylogger. It is activated automatically. If you turn it off it reactivates everytime you do an update.

Opr

Comment

I think it's a bit scary that someone as clued in as Conor could think that Google sees selling ads for Corn Flakes as their long game.

Comment

Hi you guys ..did you have a lovely easter I hope you did ..

This was me hunting for chocolate.

I am a bit embarrassed cuz em I also ate some other people chocolate...I just had to try all the diff types ! But they didn't mind cuz i shared mine too

Comment

Trump, North Korea, Russia, China, Syria etc etc, All this doom and gloom the world is gonna end crap. World ain't gonna end. Just gonna be different.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                                                    Trump, North Korea, Russia, China, Syria etc etc, All this doom and gloom the world is gonna end crap. World ain't gonna end. Just gonna be different.

Well while we wait for that to happen. You wanna play some poker with me and my bunny???

[IMG]

My poker buddy bunny :P

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                        Technological advancement and the the right to privacy aren't symbiotic. We can protect privacy better without needing to slow down progress.
                                                                                                                        I would argue that a reduction in our long held ideas of privacy and the advancement of tech are totally symbiotic. The very business model of the tech giants, the ones advancing technology is based around selling information about us to people looking to sell us Corn Flakes.
                                                                                                                        Yes it's a new and scary world but I think it's absolute nonsense to claim it is 'far more worrying' than Turkey, a country of 75m on Europe's doorstep slipping into a theocratic dictatorship. C'mon now.

Yes you had a choice of who did or didn't know those opinions. That choice is now being slowly eroded to the point of being taken away.
                                                                                                                        You had very little choice about who did or didn't know your opinions. If I want right now I could chime in on debates in pretty much every country in the world. How is that an erosion of choice?

I don't even see a tenuous link between the two.

As an aside, I only found out a week ago that Windows 10 has a built in keylogger. It is activated automatically. If you turn it off it reactivates everytime you do an update.

Opr
                                                                                                                        So what? Seriously. It's only scary if you visualise it as some goon in an underground office carefully poring over the fine details of what you get up to, rather than a mindless bot gathering information that it can auction off to advertisers. That's the business model. That's all it is, a business model.

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                                        Road Crash Statistics. Nearly 1.3 million people die in road crashes each year, on average 3,287 deaths a day. An additional 20-50 million are injured or disabled. More than half of all road traffic deaths occur among young adults ages 15-44.

http://asirt.org/initiatives/informi...ash-statistics
                                                                                                                        That just backs up my point. Of course people were correct to be worried about the new tech at the time, but they would not have been correct to halt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                          Tiger Roll, Bonny Kate, Bless the Wings - any of you can be my heros of the day
                                                                                                                          Do you have any good memories to share ??? Or just a win feeling?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X