Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    Is it normal for bread to be the first thing that sells out with an approaching storm?
    I'd have thought so, seems an ideal food for a short term emergency situation.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
      2phat years ago with Zig Zag, D'Arcy and Velcro Girl. I wore a lovely red shirt for some reason. It was the 90's though so probably ok.

Train sex did not involve any duplicitous act.
      I was just showing this to someone the other day who didn't remember Velcro Girl

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Couldn't imagine that on RTE these days (at least not in the 6pm slot)

Comment

Interesting to see what if any effects the weather has on the Italian election on Saturday. Very interesting campaign there at the moment.

Comment

After the snows of Jan and Dec 2010 my mate headed to Poland and bought a container of plastic sleighs and snow shovels. Poor bastard's been falling over them ever since at his gaff.

He's funking hard for the beast.
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
            After the snows of Jan and Dec 2010 my mate headed to Poland and bought a container of plastic sleighs and snow shovels. Poor bastard's been falling over them ever since at his gaff.

He's funking hard for the beast.
            I heard of a lad buying 20k worth of salt.

Poor bastard.

Comment

All this reminds of the great 2014 Gauteng sandstorm.

Comment

Fk bread we've run out of nappy bags.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Yea but a Superquinn sausage rolled in a fresh bit of Brennan's with butter and ketchup beats all French cuisine.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      5star has set the standard here. Details!
                      hmmm...

I was the youngest black belt in Ireland, I started karate at 2 and stopped at 23ish.
                      I was in an episode of star trek, at least that is what I was told when I was 8.
                      As part of the whole young karate ninja thing, I was on the irish karate team and went all over the world (us and europe to be fair) competing, demonstrating and generally kicking ass. When I was 8 I was in Long Beach California for this. I won two events. Later in the week I went to universal and was 'cast' as a helmsman on an open casting call in star trek TNG ( an ep where all the crew get turned into children) From the age of 8 until really most too old, I believed my mother and fathers story that this was a real episode that wasnt shown on sky one.
                      It was in fact, one of those them rides things where several people get cast along with real actors.
                      It was very believable to my young mind.
                      I also vomited on air while serving Mass on RTE one's live Sunday mass thing, which didn't turn me away from wanting to be a priest.
                      I ran the womens mini marathon in a dress for charity and flashed my mother and all my aunts, along with countless others doing a twirl crossing the line.
                      I was fit, very fit, then I was very fat. Now, I'm developing a dad bod.
                      ehh
                      a few days before my leaving cert, I was in a friends house than got attacked by a gang and got stabbed in the head. Subsequently tanked my leaving and went on a weird path of my current role
                      I've worked in a joinery,
                      selling stationary,
                      worked transferring old marriage and death records onto a computer and a light bulb went off
                      got a flukey job selling advertising in the indo and maneuvered into selling 'new' industries. Meaning I worked selling adverts to tech companies. Managed to get an in with a place doing courses and did a few, did a JEB diploma for teaching computer skills.
                      Taught ECDL and stuff to back to work folks and professional fassers. Left that and travelled for a few years. Lived all over canada (wolfe island, kingston, ottawa, new brunswick, winnepeg) and ended up in vancouver working for EA games.
                      Visa ran out and I spent 6 months a greyhound bus surrounded by the absolute dregs of the american public.
                      I'm sure there is more, loads of anecdotes and stuff but I've wasted 10 mins doing this when I should have been rewriting some code...in a band supported aslan...met bono...

Oh, I'd a minor brain hemorrhage while working in the indo....

And I've been told I look a little like eddie izzard
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                        Yea but a Superquinn sausage rolled in a fresh bit of Brennan's with butter and ketchup beats all French cuisine.
                        it's also the best bread for a crisp sambo.
                        Somehow the wetness helps bind it all together and the crisps dont go through the bread
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                          hmmm...

I was the youngest black belt in Ireland, I started karate at 2 and stopped at 23ish.
                          I was in an episode of star trek, at least that is what I was told when I was 8.
                          As part of the whole young karate ninja thing, I was on the irish karate team and went all over the world (us and europe to be fair) competing, demonstrating and generally kicking ass. When I was 8 I was in Long Beach California for this. I won two events. Later in the week I went to universal and was 'cast' as a helmsman on an open casting call in star trek TNG ( an ep where all the crew get turned into children) From the age of 8 until really most too old, I believed my mother and fathers story that this was a real episode that wasnt shown on sky one.
                          It was in fact, one of those them rides things where several people get cast along with real actors.
                          It was very believable to my young mind.
                          I also vomited on air while serving Mass on RTE one's live Sunday mass thing, which didn't turn me away from wanting to be a priest.
                          I ran the womens mini marathon in a dress for charity and flashed my mother and all my aunts, along with countless others doing a twirl crossing the line.
                          I was fit, very fit, then I was very fat. Now, I'm developing a dad bod.
                          ehh
                          a few days before my leaving cert, I was in a friends house than got attacked by a gang and got stabbed in the head. Subsequently tanked my leaving and went on a weird path of my current role
                          I've worked in a joinery,
                          selling stationary,
                          worked transferring old marriage and death records onto a computer and a light bulb went off
                          got a flukey job selling advertising in the indo and maneuvered into selling 'new' industries. Meaning I worked selling adverts to tech companies. Managed to get an in with a place doing courses and did a few, did a JEB diploma for teaching computer skills.
                          Taught ECDL and stuff to back to work folks and professional fassers. Left that and travelled for a few years. Lived all over canada (wolfe island, kingston, ottawa, new brunswick, winnepeg) and ended up in vancouver working for EA games.
                          Visa ran out and I spent 6 months a greyhound bus surrounded by the absolute dregs of the american public.
                          I'm sure there is more, loads of anecdotes and stuff but I've wasted 10 mins doing this when I should have been rewriting some code...in a band supported aslan...met bono...

Oh, I'd a minor brain hemorrhage while working in the indo....

And I've been told I look a little like eddie izzard
                          No sex on a train though,5star wins

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                            No wonder he dreams of being a train driver.

Comment

PSV and Tar. You both seem to have led a sheltered life.

Comment

Comment

as someone whose wife lurks here from time to time, I thought it prudent to omit past misadventures

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                    PSV and Tar. You both seem to have led a sheltered life.
                                    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
                                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 27-02-18, 13:05.

Comment

Bit a scare last night, not like CC but still. Getting ready for training last night, talking to people during warmups etc, play a little bit of touch rugby at the start, it was -9 and i popped my hamstring trying to chase someone, look at my watch its 19.07, walk over to the physio who is taping a guys wrist. Next thing I know its 19.20( I was only unconscious for a bit but zombie like for the rest), im waking up in the locker room, IV in my arm(one of the players is a surgeon & emergency doctor) and paramedics on the way.

Seems i turned around to face towards the astroturf and just collapsed backwards, head directly landed on the concrete. End up in hospital, get out late enough. The scary part was when in bed at 2am the reaction in my wife's face when I said "if i don't wake up tomorrow make sure im cremated and ashes spread around the place"

Head is throbbing today but it really did hammer home the impacts that the guys in the NFL & older rugby players have taken and the quality of life they live after they retire.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                        Have a forced trip to Vienna in a month. Find it very hard to get excited about Germanic cities, yet everyone says great things about Vienna. But they also mention opera a lot when talking about how great it is, and that doesn't seem great at all. Is there much there that's worth adding a few days to, to see and do things? Would be more a fan of doing things with other people than walking around technically interesting old buildings. Will realistically not do the 'get a Segway tour' though, despite the rave reviews those always get.
                                        I have been there a few times, always amazed by the architecture of the city. Free walking tours are usually a good bet to get your bearings and then if there's anything else you want to see plan afterwards.

I was there over christmas and we saw a symphony in the schonbronn place. It was hit or miss but seeing the reactions of everyone in audience when they played the blue danube was worth it.

Comment

Also, going for the threepeat post in a row. For the technical rugby discussions we have shifted our focus to the defensive side of the game. I talk about the skills, shapes and structures in the Blitz Defence, talk a little about the difference between ireland and england. Not one of the better ones as wasn't as crisp and concise as i would have liked but I still believe worth a listen to anyone interested. Even if not interested, if you click the link and press play it'll help the listens be boosted

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Those Trump bravery tweets are a bit of a gift that keeps on giving.

According to the Donald on reddit this clearly planted article proves he meant what he said about going in without a gun
                                                  Fav bit “I’m not looking to play this thing up” trump said Tuesday “how did you find out about it”

Comment

#prayforbradysmormonadventure

#prayforwicklow
                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Its incredible how Trump keeps raising the bar in peacocking how repulsive a human he is.

Has there ever been a weaker more ineffectual person in a position of real power? I can only think of some of those inbred Monarchs who were defaulted into power, but I suppose in a way that's what happened to this horrible lump of bile too.
                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                        Its incredible how Trump keeps raising the bar in peacocking how repulsive a human he is.

Has there ever been a weaker more ineffectual person in a position of real power? I can only think of some of those inbred Monarchs who were defaulted into power, but I suppose in a way that's what happened to this horrible lump of bile too.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                          #prayforwicklow
                                                          Lashing snow and sleet leaving the place this morning. Grand here in town. Mountains are fecked.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                            Which is the best bank to set up a current account with in Ireland at the moment?

Won't have large amounts going thru it I'm afraid

One that won't charge a fortune for transfers in would be good (will be an online service to transfer the money not a banks own...)

ta
                                                            bump

Bank of ireland or ulster or it doesn't really matter as all charge mad fees anyway?

ta

Comment

Comment

What's the best place in town to get an impactful haircut?
                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

What's the best place in town to get an impactful haircut?
                                                                  Adam on Baggot st for a business haircut. Or try the grooming rooms? I’ve not tried them but they look like expensive fun.

I get my haircut by a Romanian in ringsend generally.
                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                    I'd have thought so, seems an ideal food for a short term emergency situation.
                                                                    Yeah seems I'm the odd one in not viewing bread as a storm staple.

Comment

Nah you are right, bad weather due on Wed / Thursday amd all the feckin eejits running out on Monday clearing the shelves of two of the shortest shelf life products, bread and milk.

I have my father on a homecare plan as an alternative to nursing home care, hes completely bed bound and gets three visits a day.
                                                                      I've just got a call from the providers telling me to put my own arrangements in place as they will be taking their people off the road from this evening until the orange warnings are lifted. GTFO!
                                                                      Red I could understand but orange, like he lives in the fucking town itis not like he is up the side of a mountain.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                        bump

Bank of ireland or ulster or it doesn't really matter as all charge mad fees anyway?

ta
                                                                        PTSB is €4 a month with the ability to make back 10 cent per card transaction up to €5 a month.

Comment

@AJ, have decided to go for/win the fpl for March this year.

Will be creating a new team for it under the name of CrowBlackChicken, will be a failure if I'm not #1 in the world.
                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Should go in and fill a trolley with gluten free and luxury goods

Give it the big one at the checkout about surviving on your ends

Comment

No excuse for it in Dublin ,surely enough artisan bread places to go around

Comment

No excuse for it in Dublin ,surely enough artisan bread places to go around
                                                                                Get your own joke

Comment

Meanwhile, the weather in the artic circle is lovely for this time of year!

*Fuckin bbv, not even joking, as I hit send, sun disappeared and it started snowing
                                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 27-02-18, 16:02.

Comment

We buy two breads every week and freeze one . The frozen one tastes fine when thawed. I guess SP has led a sheltered life.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                      Nah you are right, bad weather due on Wed / Thursday amd all the feckin eejits running out on Monday clearing the shelves of two of the shortest shelf life products, bread and milk.

Comment

President Trump already has appointed his campaign manager for 2020 campaign impressive organisation.

Comment

First flights cancelled to Heathrow anyway.

I'm flying into Stansted, no idea how much difference that might make though.

Comment

The mind boggles

Sexually explicit details were added to Dublin library records

“Shortly before the August 2017 audit of Malahide Library, Fingal County Council contacted the DPC informing it of a recent incident where a library staff member based in another local authority inadvertently came across the borrower record of a library borrower in Fingal which contained data entries of a highly inappropriate, sexually explicit nature,” the report said.

Fingal County Council established subsequently that the records of 20 Fingal library borrowers had been edited in this manner, and that these had been imported from the previous library management system into the new one.

The report does not outline the nature of the content and the DPC established that there was no way of establishing who had edited the records.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                              President Trump already has appointed his campaign manager for 2020 campaign impressive organisation.
                                                                                              He'll be fired be the end of the month

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                You can tell

Comment

Why did you shave your most excellent beard though DP? (assuming your LinkedIn pic is current).
                                                                                                  Small children do not mix well with epic beards.
                                                                                                  However, it is slowly returning albeit a little more refined

Comment

Something something Merrion Row cocaine

Comment

...

Comment

Still hasn't appointed an ambassador to Saudi or South Korea though.
                                                                                                        I would wager most Americans couldn't place them on a map let alone factor them into a reelection decision!

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                          Adam on Baggot st for a business haircut. Or try the grooming rooms? I’ve not tried them but they look like expensive fun.

Yeah grooming rooms is good. I went to Kazumi for a while, partly because the conversations going on around me were fairly unique.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Here's an interesting geopolitical move - South Africa to forcibly take some land from white folk: https://af.reuters.com/article/afric...CN1GB23N-OZATP

I can see this move, though very necessary at least from a social justice argument, ending very chaotically as the former breadbasket of Africa, Zimbabwe, so ably demonstrated.

Nigeria seems to be the only relatively sane country in that whole region. And Nigeria is absolute chaos.
                                                                                                                Botswana, Namibia and Ghana are probably the best governed of the African states. Nigeria is a corrupt shithole so I don't know where you got that from.

Comment

Here's an interesting geopolitical move - South Africa to forcibly take some land from white folk: https://af.reuters.com/article/afric...CN1GB23N-OZATP

I can see this move, though very necessary at least from a social justice argument, ending very chaotically as the former breadbasket of Africa, Zimbabwe, so ably demonstrated.

Nigeria seems to be the only relatively sane country in that whole region. And Nigeria is absolute chaos.
                                                                                                                  Do you believe in property rights?

Clearly a fairly instant side effect of this is all major business etc pull out in fear of having their own property (all forms) seized. Not to mention the absolute mess it's going to create in general on the country.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                                                    Do you believe in property rights?

Clearly a fairly instant side effect of this is all major business etc pull out in fear of having their own property (all forms) seized. Not to mention the absolute mess it's going to create in general on the country.
                                                                                                                    Actually it's none of these things.

It's just the ANC sidelining Malema. There won't be forced evictions as in Zimbabwe.

The ZAR has actually strengthened massively in recent months. As no doubt a man of your massive knowledge is aware.

Comment

Actually it's none of these things.

It's just the ANC sidelining Malema. There won't be forced evictions as in Zimbabwe.

The ZAR has actually strengthened massively in recent months. As no doubt a man of your massive knowledge is aware.
                                                                                                                      Let's see what happens long term! Can't see it ending well though.

Comment

Any news on CC ? Anyone have any real world contacts on him ?
                                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Does anyone here work with a development team?

I gave the lads some leeway to create a feature for our client and what they handed back was the most hilariously complicated UI I've ever seen.

It does do the job its supposed to though. And if you think really hard logically you'll be able to navigate it without hanging yourself.

But I can't let real people use it!
                                                                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X