Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feb seems to be the month I destroy my body.

Dislocated my "good" shoulder, (separated the other one last Feb), while snowboarding on Sat.

Pretty gruesome turn of events. Innocuous enough fall albeit at a decent speed, toeside edged out on some ice and I fell. Sliding down the mountain with my head facing up it. Put my left hand down to stop my fall and it felt like my shoulder just caved in.

Stopped, sat up and could see my shoulder basically in my chest. Lads with me looked at me in a panic. I don't know why but I decided I was putting it back in.

Bit of force and it kinda squelched back in, making a horrible sound. One the lads projectile vomited. Got down, called it a day and it felt ok for the evening. Is tight now today with limited movement. Going to go doc and get an Xray/MRI to make sure I've done no vascular or nerve damage anywhere.

No real pain except frustration at being made of fucking ryvita.
    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Digested read of Talebs new book

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
        I've never had a massage in my life, and hadn't considered ever having one.
        Same; and considering i can claim the cost back through Wellness in my job, i really should think about it!

Comment

Jake Cody chops the High Roller for £43k and thinks 'Fuck it, i'll stick it all on black!'

Comment

I've never had a massage in my life, and hadn't considered ever having one.
            You lead a very sheltered life. Not necessarily a criticism, whatever makes you happy. I'd suggest, once a month trying something out you have never done before. A different food, different sport, unusual social situation etc. Could be a very rewarding experience. (Also would make for some good discussion here)

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
              Jake Cody chops the High Roller for £43k and thinks 'Fuck it, i'll stick it all on black!'
              Jesus he looks a billion times better now than he did when he was first on the scene

Comment

How unlikely does it seem from reports that I'll get a flight out of Dublin to London early Friday morning?

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                  How unlikely does it seem from reports that I'll get a flight out of Dublin to London early Friday morning?
                  Airport are currently projecting that will be fine as the main difficulty for the airport will have passed by Friday morning but that's more than 3 days out so it's really hard to say with any sort of certainty.
                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                    Airport are currently projecting that will be fine as the main difficulty for the airport will have passed by Friday morning but that's more than 3 days out so it's really hard to say with any sort of certainty.
                    The reports didn't seem too pessimistic so I'm hopeful.
                    It's last minute for me. GF booked a night in London to see The Book of Mormon for my bday so she was forced to tell me.

I actually got caught in the storm in 2010. I went Nassau->Orlando->Gatwick diverted to Stanstad, taxi to Heathrow and thankfully to Dublin.

It was also the same day as the Haiti earthquake, the area was given a tsunami warning so dozens of calls/texts from family when we landed. Bit of a crazy 24 hours.

Comment

Why would a funeral home want/need an ambulance?

SPOILER

Comment

Best of luck tomorrow CC.

We will all be thinking of you.
                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                          GF booked a night in London to see The Book of Mormon for my bday so she was forced to tell me.

Great present, caught that recently over there and it's really top quality.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Good Luck CC! Check in when the dust clears and let us know how you are!

glglglglglgl
                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Saw Book of Mormon a few years ago in London too. It’s brilliant - can’t believe I haven’t gone again tbh

Comment

Yup, best of luck CC. Keep us posted when you can. Hope the recovery goes well

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                    Why would a funeral home want/need an ambulance?

SPOILER
                                    To collect a body when the coffin hasn't been bought yet?

Comment

The security guard getting abuse from the president for not entering the high school during the shooting is gonna off himself. That is some heavy heavy shit to be putting on someone, especially given the office it’s coming from. Chap will literally be pilloried his whole life and probably never find employment again.

Suppose you have to turn attention away from the real problem somehow.

Altogether more appalling when you take trumps quote “I would have ran in there with no gun” and his personal history with combat into account.

Man... a crazy crazy world we live in.

Comment

Apparently Wednesday is The day after tommorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                          The security guard getting abuse from the president for not entering the high school during the shooting is gonna off himself. That is some heavy heavy shit to be putting on someone, especially given the office it’s coming from. Chap will literally be pilloried his whole life and probably never find employment again.

Suppose you have to turn attention away from the real problem somehow.

Altogether more appalling when you take trumps quote “I would have ran in there with no gun” and his personal history with combat into account.

Man... a crazy crazy world we live in.
                                          and he wants to put this on teachers. Cretin

Comment

What's the Vegas hotel recommendations these days? It's been about 8 years since I've been and have been 4 times so I know all the hotels from back then fairly well. Seem to be a few newer ones like the Mandarin Oriental, Aria was just opened last time I was there.

Budget is max 300/400 a night including all taxes etc!

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                              You lead a very sheltered life. Not necessarily a criticism, whatever makes you happy. I'd suggest, once a month trying something out you have never done before. A different food, different sport, unusual social situation etc. Could be a very rewarding experience. (Also would make for some good discussion here)
                                              My new things quota these days is largely related to baby stuff. Sport recently is confined to Liverpool games and some other things I can have on in the background (other football, GAA, Rugby, Olympic type things). I definitely don't have time to get into new sport. I have never really had much interest in music.

As for living a sheltered life, I have been skiing multiple times, snowboarded fora couple of days without taking lessons. I've done a parachute jump, ziplines, fast rollercoasters, been to about 20 countries, about 20 states of the US and all Australian states/territories except for ACT. I've snorkelled and scuba dived on the barrier reef despite not knowing how to swim at all and being scared of water. I took swimming lessons years later, but was rubbish so still can't swim. I've slept in tents in the middle of nowhere, in the open outback in Aus, on a beach in Thailand (not my intention), had sex in a train toilet, been on a TV game show and also for poker reasons. I've got fit, then got fat again. Twice. Not the most extensive list of adventures and new things, but not bad either. I've also done other stuff that I probably have no interest in any more.

I've never had a massage or had illegal drugs though, because they aren't things that interest me. I also hate fish and seafood. I've tried loads of other food though and cook now far more than I did before. I baked a cake yesterday that I had never cooked before while cooking 16 dinners for the freezer and Sunday dinner too. I also have bad skin, especially on my back, so that's another reason I don't want to have a massage.

Comment

What TV game show were you on 5star?

(also; please tell us you scammed some unfortunate lady into believing that having train sex while in a very long Alpine tunnel was a genuine thing )
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

My new things quota these days is largely related to baby stuff. Sport recently is confined to Liverpool games and some other things I can have on in the background (other football, GAA, Rugby, Olympic type things). I definitely don't have time to get into new sport. I have never really had much interest in music.

As for living a sheltered life, I have been skiing multiple times, snowboarded fora couple of days without taking lessons. I've done a parachute jump, ziplines, fast rollercoasters, been to about 20 countries, about 20 states of the US and all Australian states/territories except for ACT. I've snorkelled and scuba dived on the barrier reef despite not knowing how to swim at all and being scared of water. I took swimming lessons years later, but was rubbish so still can't swim. I've slept in tents in the middle of nowhere, in the open outback in Aus, on a beach in Thailand (not my intention), had sex in a train toilet, been on a TV game show and also for poker reasons. I've got fit, then got fat again. Twice. Not the most extensive list of adventures and new things, but not bad either. I've also done other stuff that I probably have no interest in any more.

I've never had a massage or had illegal drugs though, because they aren't things that interest me. I also hate fish and seafood. I've tried loads of other food though and cook now far more than I did before. I baked a cake yesterday that I had never cooked before while cooking 16 dinners for the freezer and Sunday dinner too. I also have bad skin, especially on my back, so that's another reason I don't want to have a massage.
                                                  Drops mic

Comment

I was on Blackboard Jungle once upon a 22 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                      The security guard getting abuse from the president for not entering the high school during the shooting is gonna off himself. That is some heavy heavy shit to be putting on someone, especially given the office it’s coming from. .
                                                      Yeah I thought that same thing myself today. There is no way of knowing how you would react until you are in a similar situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                        What TV game show were you on 5star?

(also; please tell us you scammed some unfortunate lady into believing that having train sex while in a very long Alpine tunnel was a genuine thing )
                                                        2phat years ago with Zig Zag, D'Arcy and Velcro Girl. I wore a lovely red shirt for some reason. It was the 90's though so probably ok.

Train sex did not involve any duplicitous act.

Comment

You lead a very sheltered life

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Lol further proof that calling an Irish person boring is the worst thing you can do.

I can imagine Don sitting there wracking his brain to find things he’s done.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                So people who were apparent cowards when young become unspeakably brave was old and obese. Hmmmm. I likes hem, he iz fonny. Remember de wall. Hebba

Comment

2phat years ago with Zig Zag, D'Arcy and Velcro Girl. I wore a lovely red shirt for some reason. It was the 90's though so probably ok.

Train sex did not involve any duplicitous act.
                                                                  Will know you have gone full mid life crises when I see you in the fitz again. Getting married in 4 months will be leaving Dublin after 16 mixed years up here. Feels it’s the right time there is hope for us all yet.

Comment

Was fist pumping for 5star reading that
                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Yeah I thought that same thing myself today. There is no way of knowing how you would react until you are in a similar situation.
                                                                      Anyone who thinks they know how they’d react is a complete liar (unless they have empirical proof).

It’s actually gutless the way this man is being made a scapegoat. I’m sure he more than anyone feels utterly redundant and to have the president of your country blame you and destroy your character in the most public way possible is something no one deserves.

He will now be forever part of the narrative of what seems like a neverending story around American guns.

Poor bastard.

Comment

I don't see the problem here, if those cops had of done their job there would still be kids alive today. They could have at least slowed him down or maybe he believes the game is up and shoots himself or something. The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

If anyone doesn't agree imagine your been beaten up or attacked etc a cop arrives and waits till its over before assisting.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...endorff-gunman

Real heros and not trained or paid to act.

Comment

How common is an awkward erection during a massage?

Asking for a m8.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                Will know you have gone full mid life crises when I see you in the fitz again. Getting married in 4 months will be leaving Dublin after 16 mixed years up here. Feels it’s the right time there is hope for us all yet.
                                                                                Congrats Mick. Moving Galway direction again?

Comment

to complete the fastest Well ever. What is the sound of one hand clapping Dom ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                    to complete the fastest Well ever. What is the sound of one hand clapping Dom ?
                                                                                    Depends if you are sitting or standing while waving your arm like an eejit.

Comment

I was pretty devastated to find I wouldn't be getting on Blockbusters.

Bob Holness. Now there was a man.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                        How common is an awkward erection during a massage?

Asking for a m8.
                                                                                        Ha! I've only ever had one semi in about 20 years of getting massages. I'd be more likely to fall asleep than get an erection as I just don't equate getting a massage from a professional masseuse with sex.

On the order hand, if my missus was giving me a massage, I've have a hard on in seconds as I'm clearly getting the ride!

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                                          What's the Vegas hotel recommendations these days? It's been about 8 years since I've been and have been 4 times so I know all the hotels from back then fairly well. Seem to be a few newer ones like the Mandarin Oriental, Aria was just opened last time I was there.

Budget is max 300/400 a night including all taxes etc!
                                                                                          Have stayed at Aria a couple of times and would be my default option if I got a good deal. Really liked cosmopolitan when I stayed there too, nice to have a balcony.

Not stayed at Mandarin oriental but given the price I imagine it's very good. Their brunch at the weekends is pretty special

Comment

Wynn/Encore still the premium imo, Cosmo fountain view would be my pick other than those 2. Venetian can have decent value, booked it for a work trip last week for $120/night.
                                                                                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

...

Comment

Congrats Mick. Moving Galway direction again?
                                                                                                No Navan pray for mojo. Ah it’s grand everything in it and close enough to Dublin.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                  No Navan pray for mojo. Ah it’s grand everything in it and close enough to Dublin.
                                                                                                  Sure only out the road from me, well 15 miles, but same county.

Comment

Sure only out the road from me, well 15 miles, but same county.
                                                                                                    Yis can be boring cunce together then
                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Yis can be boring cunce together then
                                                                                                      You seem to have led a sheltered life.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                        Have a forced trip to Vienna in a month. Find it very hard to get excited about Germanic cities, yet everyone says great things about Vienna. But they also mention opera a lot when talking about how great it is, and that doesn't seem great at all. Is there much there that's worth adding a few days to, to see and do things? Would be more a fan of doing things with other people than walking around technically interesting old buildings. Will realistically not do the 'get a Segway tour' though, despite the rave reviews those always get.
                                                                                                        Much and all as I am a fan of things poncey, let me offer you this advice:

don't go to the opera.

Comment

When it comes to Opera I'm sexist.
                                                                                                          The men are great the wimmin make me want to tear at my ears.

Comment

Much and all as I am a fan of things poncey, let me offer you this advice:

don't go to the opera.
                                                                                                            i disagree. If you get the chance to see a good opera go!

I only went once to Vienna 15 years ago, and at the time they had a phenomenal Techno scene, no idea if that's still relevant. I remember Kruder and Dorfmeister had a residency in a really cool bar/club there. I'm sure Eamo or HJ probably know if the techno scene there is still going strong.

If at a loss, you could take a short train trip to Bratislava to hang out in the old town.

Take a walk along the Danube also. seriously impressive river.

Comment

St. Stephen's Cathedral in Vienna is stunning.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                                                St. Stephen's Cathedral in Vienna is stunning.
                                                                                                                +1

Also thought Schonnbrun (sp) Palace was well worth a visit

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                                  You seem to have led a sheltered life.
                                                                                                                  Oh I dont know about that.
                                                                                                                  I'd like to think I've had a storied journey so far.

Comment

Two weeks to Cheltenham.

Make sure to avoid disappointment by booking your place in the most sophisticated Tipping Competition on the face of the planet.

€1,050 in the pot already so all set fair for a decent payout.

Comment

Oh I dont know about that.
                                                                                                                      I'd like to think I've had a storied journey so far.
                                                                                                                      5star has set the standard here. Details!

Comment

Two weeks to Cheltenham.

Make sure to avoid disappointment by booking your place in the most sophisticated Tipping Competition on the face of the planet.

€1,050 in the pot already so all set fair for a decent payout.

Comment

Is it normal for bread to be the first thing that sells out with an approaching storm?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X