Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
    Where did it say hes Christian? He did have a post about allah akbar on his Instagram page.
    Slightly misleading to pick out two words and not the full post which was actually a Muslim slur.

Comment

Glad to see the GAA are going to ban sponsorship by bookies. Small step in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        More terrorism in the US, I see. Those white christian folk have that country in pieces.
        It's awful but I am fresh out of sympathy.

The NRA have them by the balls and this is the payoff.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
          Glad to see the GAA are going to ban sponsorship by bookies. Small step in the right direction.
          Hopefully that's the start of a full advertising ban, nothing worse than watching a match and seeing Ray Winstone at half time.bleating on about some bet. I know that's soccer but still...

Would many clubs or counties be sponsored by bookies?

Comment

Where did it say hes Christian? He did have a post about allah akbar on his Instagram page.
            I do love the standard US politician response to the latest mass shooting du jour.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of the victims blah blah but now is not the time to talk about possible actions"

Now is exactly the time you gutless empty suits. If these lads had been around in 1941, you would have got " our ships might be at the bottom of Pearl Harbour but now is not the time to talk about possible action".

Comment

'ave a bang on that.

Comment

Would many clubs or counties be sponsored by bookies?[/QUOTE]

Half the premier league and more than half of the championship anyway.
                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                  Slightly misleading to pick out two words and not the full post which was actually a Muslim slur.
                  Slightly.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                    None of whom are much use at the aul GAA.

Comment

Shooting the fecking breeze here so feel free to diss me bro.

Gun restriction isn’t going to happen in the US, too many pig headed NRA stuck in the muds who will refuse to budge. So why not get creative. Tell the NRA (pretty huge lobby group). Ok you guys, you can have your guns

but the rest of the population have to hand back in their weapons. All future guns sales will be to NRA members only. The NRA then should be setup in such a way as to assume responsibility for any actions of their members.

Instead of ‘student kills 12’ it should read ‘Student NRA member kills 12’ or kid with NRA members weapon. There must be some way to restrict the availability of guns to the general everyday lunatic public whilst also stipulating that people who do own arms will be held accountable if they do not keep them secure. Use the NRA instead of fighting with them. Anyhoo haven’t thought this through very well but sure they need to protect those poor fecking innocents.

Comment

Saw the government report of brexit on our economy, doesn't sound great.

Brexit will also impact Irish wages negatively for all skill groups. In the WTO scenario, our results show that real wages will be 8.7 per cent below the 2030 non-Brexit baseline level for low skilled workers, while the equivalent negative effect for high skilled workers will be 6.5 per cent. In the EEA scenario, impacts will be smaller and range between 2.6 per cent for high skilled workers and 3.5 for low skilled workers.
                        Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                        That's pretty much it. Someone with too much money that appreciates the stream, or likes the streamer. It's a bit crazy.

Take a look at this guy for instance. Look at his bio. His 10 donators have donated ~50k between them. Not to mention all the people that subscribe to him at $4.99 per month. There's so much money in Twitch

https://www.twitch.tv/drdisrespectlive
                        Not to mention there are higher price subscriptions too (25 dollars). Streamers like Shroud get hundreds of thousands a month for playing computer games, sweet deal for them.
                        Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 15-02-18, 10:56.

Comment

How many of Americas 10k homicides per year are carried out by the licensed gun owner though?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                            Shooting the fecking breeze here so feel free to diss me bro.

Gun restriction isn’t going to happen in the US, too many pig headed NRA stuck in the muds who will refuse to budge. So why not get creative. Tell the NRA (pretty huge lobby group). Ok you guys, you can have your guns

but the rest of the population have to hand back in their weapons. All future guns sales will be to NRA members only. The NRA then should be setup in such a way as to assume responsibility for any actions of their members.

Instead of ‘student kills 12’ it should read ‘Student NRA member kills 12’ or kid with NRA members weapon. There must be some way to restrict the availability of guns to the general everyday lunatic public whilst also stipulating that people who do own arms will be held accountable if they do not keep them secure. Use the NRA instead of fighting with them. Anyhoo haven’t thought this through very well but sure they need to protect those poor fecking innocents.
                            Gun sales are down significantly under Trump as people aren't afraid they will be banned. Less guns out there.

Comment

Chris Rock's joke about giving guns to everyone but making bullets $5k each is decades old but still has merit.

Comment

Gun sales are down significantly under Trump as people aren't afraid they will be banned. Less guns out there.
                                Unless you can provide some evidence that guns are being removed from circulation than any gun sales increases the number of guns “out there”.

Comment

Maths isn't your strong point is it?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                    Unless you can provide some evidence that guns are being removed from circulation than any gun sales increases the number of guns “out there”.
                                    Its less guns than there would have been if sales were at the same levels as they were under Obama.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                      Maths isn't your strong point is it?
                                      Let's say under Obama they were selling 200,000 a year but under Trump there selling at 100,000 a year. Due to the slow down in sales that's less guns out there than there would have been.(figures totally made up). One large gun manufacturer actually filed for bankruptcy recently due to the slow down.

Comment

Eight mass shootings in schools in 2018 in the USA.

There's only been about 20 school days in 2018.

That country is broken.
                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Let's say under Obama they were selling 200,000 a year but under Trump there selling at 100,000 a year. Due to the slow down in sales that's less guns out there than there would have been.(figures totally made up). One large gun manufacturer actually filed for bankruptcy recently due to the slow down.
                                          Ooohhh Jack, I'm not going to actually engage with your nonsense, I'm just gonna occasionally poke you with a stick!

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                            Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                            Would many clubs or counties be sponsored by bookies?

GAA m8. Not soccer. Can't think of any sponsored by bookies off the top of my head

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                              Eight mass shootings in schools in 2018 in the USA.

There's only been about 20 school days in 2018.

That country is broken.
                                              And not one done by the clergy. Although Jack may have different data I think I'm safe.

Thinking of pretending to go to mass myself now as it's a good hour to myself for a kip. Plus it doesn't count in the tit for tat

Comment

For some context on guns in USA. I spent New Years eve in a Texas country bar, my friend couldnt find his lighter, empty table next to him, picks up lighter there, lights his cigarette and puts it back, Big fat fucker in a stetson comes straight up to and says he will shoot him if he touches his table again.

On the walk home my friend slipped on some ice, landed face first, split open his nose, forehead etc. Him and his gf in a massive argument, i eventually convinced him to go to hospital, him and the gf have a combustible relationship. They left still fighting, then the gf has poilce called to her in hospital because they were fighting.

Myself, my wife, two friends and then the 3 at hospital were all staying at the same house that night. Myself and my friend went around the house unloading every single gun in the house, a 357 magnum in his work office, 2 glocks, 1 shotgun and 2 rifles. They are the ones we could find. Having 5 or 6 guns is just a number until you have to go around and unload each one individually

He is against the nra, wants gun control albeit through registration, proper training etc. I can only imagine the sheer amount of firearms that a large proportion of people possess.

Comment

Hell Yeah 'Murica

Comment

Not sure how you manage to turn this into Obama v Trump. Theres a shit load of guns out their regardless. NRA makes huge donations to campaigns. The country loves guns and it's the only place where schools get shot up regularly. The reason your buddy is being targeted here is because he's the president and it's his fucking job to fix. If Obama was in the hot seat he would be equally ridiculed
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Seems like you're in favour of less guns. Imagine how many fewer guns there would be if there was some actual proper gun control in place?

Comment

That hypothetical amount of guns never existed though.
                                                        The actual amount of guns in America is bigger than ever. Over 300 million at this point, 100 gun per 100 people. That's only privately owned guns.

FWIW, the spike in sales under Obama was attributed to a fear that they were about to be restricted. Looks like they are in less of a rush with an NRA member as president.

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                        He is against the nra, wants gun control albeit through registration, proper training etc. I can only imagine the sheer amount of firearms that a large proportion of people possess.
                                                        Proper training? Like like leaving guns loaded when not in use or other basic stuff.

Comment

Ironically, I doubt Trump knows one end of a gun from another.

Comment

Paddy Power dropping €10k into someones account at midday. Needs to be withdrawn or partially used by 1pm or its taken out and dropped into someone else's account at 1pm. Rince & repeat till 8pm with €1k added each hour. Have a look.....

Comment

Real degen will ignore the 10k and wait for the second time it drops into their account.

Comment

Will they accept a 10k bet?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                  Seems like you're in favour of less guns. Imagine how many fewer guns there would be if there was some actual proper gun control in place?
                                                                  I dont think it would be possible with such a gun saturation leaving only bad guys with guns and creating a flourishing black market where even the minimal controls they have now wouldn't be affective.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                    GAA m8. Not soccer. Can't think of any sponsored by bookies off the top of my head
                                                                    Could be my imagination but was sure bar one racing sponsored some club???
                                                                    Checked there - crossmaglen
                                                                    Last edited by careca; 15-02-18, 14:44. Reason: Google

Comment

Adam Rippon is good value on Twitter.

Class dude.

Comment

I dont think it would be possible with such a gun saturation leaving only bad guys with guns and creating a flourishing black market where even the minimal controls they have now wouldn't be affective.
                                                                        Take the guns off the good guys, then take them off the bad guys when you find them, and the bad guys have less places to get new guns.

The supposed good guy are the ones mostly responsible for the media discussed mass shootings anyhow.

Never going to happen obviously, but it should.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                          Paddy Power dropping €10k into someones account at midday. Needs to be withdrawn or partially used by 1pm or its taken out and dropped into someone else's account at 1pm. Rince & repeat till 8pm with €1k added each hour. Have a look.....
                                                                          just saw this now.
                                                                          Have managed to convince myself I've already missed it
                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

The entire concept of good guy and bad guy with guns is so laughably american anyway.
                                                                            up until the moment he opened fire, the las vegas shooter would have been considered by nra types as a good guy with guns
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                              Scooped at 13k.
                                                                              Got to feel for the people who missed out first as they recieve an email to let them know of there poor misfortune. How tilting would that be.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                just saw this now.
                                                                                Have managed to convince myself I've already missed it
                                                                                Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                                                Scooped at 13k.
                                                                                Got to feel for the people who missed out first as they recieve an email to let them know of there poor misfortune. How tilting would that be.
                                                                                Starts back at €10k at 4pm again....

Comment

If by bad guys you mean career criminals, gangs and assorted mafias are already buying their guns on the black market. They dont go to a shop, register a gun and then go out and do a drive by.

The mass shootings and random one off murders in suburbia are the ones that happen with registered weapons. Basically taking guns away from people will do much more to protect the white middle class from themselves than put them at risk from the myth of the Black and Latino's that they are terrified of.

If you think about how smart and rational you would rate the average person in the US is, not exactly a stable genius am I right - half the people in the world are dumber than this person and you think its a good idea that they can all own a gun.

Comment

murica

Comment

you wouldn't have much luck shooting up a school with a .22!

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                        If by bad guys you mean career criminals, gangs and assorted mafias are already buying their guns on the black market. They dont go to a shop, register a gun and then go out and do a drive by.

The mass shootings and random one off murders in suburbia are the ones that happen with registered weapons. Basically taking guns away from people will do much more to protect the white middle class from themselves than put them at risk from the myth of the Black and Latino's that they are terrified of.

If you think about how smart and rational you would rate the average person in the US is, not exactly a stable genius am I right - half the people in the world are dumber than this person and you think its a good idea that they can all own a gun.
                                                                                        Of course there is a black market for criminals but if you force the entire population to the black market thats when it would really explode.

As bad as the mass shootings are they would probably pale in comparison to the everyday shootings 52 shot on memorial day weekend in Chicago alone 2017 and 77 shot on the same weekend in 2016.

No guns would be ideal but don't see it happening or practical.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Comment

Of course there is a black market for criminals but if you force the entire population to the black market thats when it would really explode.

As bad as the mass shootings are they would probably pale in comparison to the everyday shootings 52 shot on memorial day weekend in Chicago alone 2017 and 77 shot on the same weekend in 2016.

Tracing nearly 15,000 weapons recovered from 2013 to 2016, Chicago police discovered about 40 percent originated from Illinois firearms dealers, while the remaining 60 percent came from out of state.

Indiana, which borders Illinois, supplied most of the outside guns — about 20 percent, according to the report. Indiana is also home to gun shows where no background checks are required for firearms purchased from private sellers.
                                                                                            Stupid facts.

Comment

So the solution is to do nothing then? Makes sense.

Comment

Ban schools. Seem to be fuck all use to yanks anyway.

Comment

You're against a lot of stuff jack. But opposing an effort to stop people shooting each other is up there with the strangest. Blind devotion to the orange fella. You're loyal at least
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Just to be clear I'm for no guns but just don't see it happening in the US.

Comment

No no, the solution is more guns. For the good guys though. Obv.

Comment

Just noticed the new David Letterman episode with George Clooney is on Netflix. I'm not even sure how long is between episodes but seems a while since the Obama one. Will watch it tonight anyway

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

murica
                                                                                                          In fairness he bought the gun off a private seller so not comparable to buying alcohol etc from licensed premises.

When the reality is as mental as it is over there, we shouldn’t need to bend it or have unfair comparisons to demonstrate a point.

Comment

In fairness he bought the gun off a private seller so not comparable to buying alcohol etc from licensed premises.

When the reality is as mental as it is over there, we shouldn’t need to bend it or have unfair comparisons to demonstrate a point.
                                                                                                            I think the transaction is perfectly legal though. Although it was a private seller, it was a stall at a gun show. The guy would likely be arrested if he sold the kid a can of Budweiser.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                                              For some context on guns in USA. I spent New Years eve in a Texas country bar, my friend couldnt find his lighter, empty table next to him, picks up lighter there, lights his cigarette and puts it back, Big fat fucker in a stetson comes straight up to and says he will shoot him if he touches his table again.

On the walk home my friend slipped on some ice, landed face first, split open his nose, forehead etc. Him and his gf in a massive argument, i eventually convinced him to go to hospital, him and the gf have a combustible relationship. They left still fighting, then the gf has poilce called to her in hospital because they were fighting.

Myself, my wife, two friends and then the 3 at hospital were all staying at the same house that night. Myself and my friend went around the house unloading every single gun in the house, a 357 magnum in his work office, 2 glocks, 1 shotgun and 2 rifles. They are the ones we could find. Having 5 or 6 guns is just a number until you have to go around and unload each one individually

Did he get to touch the table again

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                                                                Did he get to touch the table again
                                                                                                                I would have thought picking up the lighter would have been seen as a harsher crime by the stetson guy than touching the table. Or maybe he missed seeing the lighter violation which might have been a shooting without a second chance.
                                                                                                                I wonder did he find his own lighter in some pocket later on in emergency. Love these people who have got cigarettes but haven't got a lighter. The same people dont even give a sentence when asking for a light either. Instead they mainly mimic the action of lighting a cigarette to some stranger.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                                  Love these people who have got cigarettes but haven't got a lighter. The same people dont even give a sentence when asking for a light either. Instead they mainly mimic the action of lighting a cigarette to some stranger.
                                                                                                                  Was out running on the canal a couple of weeks ago, stopped at the road crossing at the 9th lock on the way back waiting for the traffic to clear, I'm wearing all the MAMIL gear, dripping with sweat and stretching and this lad, probably a junkie, approaches me to know if I've 'gotta light bud?'.
                                                                                                                  And oh yeah it was raining WTaF ?
                                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Hands 94,95,96

Would love to know what sort of deal was done here. Probably swapped 1st place prize money + a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                      you have enough no need to bring mia into it

on another note rejoined SW have a stone to lose , 4 pound down in two weeks , dragged pudgy Mia along and she 6 down in two weeks ( " I will do better than you mam")
                                                                                                                      has her mothers competitive streak.fair play she flat to the mat preparing salads and veg with all meals . one freddo bar and velvet crunch crisps as her treat every day after school instead of 2 e in local shop.
                                                                                                                      lunch box , brown bread tuna sambo lettuce and cucumber, sliced apple, raw carrot , rice cakes v white ham roll , rice crispy bar, choc rice cake , lucozade sport .

1st yr in Sept, time to shift the puppy fat and learn how to home cook foods from fresh . no more Pizza or takeaways!

edit to say kids are free (11-15), they are not supposed to count syns just learn to swop the shit food to the good food and their weight loss or gain is not spoken of.
                                                                                                                      Proud update. Week 6 I'm. Down 8.5 pounds. Mia a whopping 13.5 pounds.

She more or less there. Making stir frys eating mountains of meat, veg, porridge, yogurts. Freedom chocolate sauce ( Holland and barret) 1 syn per tbs in halo low fat high protein ice cream. Or a hot choclate. Having her treats every day just completely cut back. Curly wurlys all the way 6 syns.

Not only has she lost weight her whole personality has changed. I'm so proud of her
                                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                        Hands 94,95,96

Would love to know what sort of deal was done here. Probably swapped 1st place prize money + a bonus.

https://www.worldpokertour.com/event...8-2/#eventTab2
                                                                                                                        Other than getting to play in the bonus tournament would there really be any kind of value for a lad like that in being the winner of an ordinary WPT title, or is he just a gobshite who paid to boost his ego?
                                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                          Sure, not going to be nearly a effective as more powerful rifles. But a 22 at close range will kill people. The only reason it's not used is because full auto centrefires are for buttons.

Just to be clear I'm for no guns but just don't see it happening in the US.
                                                                                                                          I don't think no guns is actually the answer. will definitely illicit the wrong response from the public. There are plenty of perfectly valid reasons to own a gun. The obvious solution is to only sell guns to people who have a valid reason.
                                                                                                                          But the second amendment creates the insanity that it's a right.

He's not really bending reality though. It's not like it bought it illegally off a gun-nut neighbour. The sale was a legitimate sale at a proper gunshow.

The rifle be bought (bolt action 22lr) is perfectly legal in Ireland.
                                                                                                                          If Denny wanted to sell me his old 22lr, that would be a legal sale. But I couldn't just hand him a monkey and take it off his hands. I'd need to get a license and certificate to possess that exact gun. Because Ireland has decent levels of gun control.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Mellor; 16-02-18, 00:52.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X