Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feel sorry for the Italians, they're going backwards on this evidence. We could get 80 here.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I'd say Aki would have dreamt about that moment as a little kid growing up in Auckland.
      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
        Hey ! I hear it can get cloudy this time of year !

Had my annual check up last friday, stress test etc, went grand but he wants me to do an angio, over 5 years since the last and put a nice bit of weight on the last year...around 15kg

Told him not a hope till i get my holiday out of the way, we are 20 years married next week, young fellows birthday tomorrow, went for a meal tonight and a confirmation tomorow, niece, non stop !

Serious lifestyle change incoming...
        Hopefully it goes well for you.

Got my appointment in for the 8th of March for my Mibi test. Or nuclear test its called. Reading the leaflet that came with it makes it sound a bit scary.

I have to take a ham and cheese sandwich along with me as part of the appointment

Comment

Fair play to Earls, those 7 points could very well count in MArch
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Disappointed best didn't lift his jersey to reveal a "we support Jackson " t-shirt

Comment

Wales 9/2 ? Really ? Despite injury surely a bet

Comment

Funny how suddenly he’s pointing to NYtimes as a credible source

Comment

LOL Scott Williams

Needs diving lessons

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Some game management from the chariot. Cruising to another championship.
                      Profit before people.

Comment

Nothing here to scare Ireland unduly.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                          Some game management from the chariot. .
                          Either that or they just weren't good enough to put away a Welsh team that squandered just about all of their good possession

Comment

Comment

RIP Jóhann Jóhannsson, only 48

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                RIP Jóhann Jóhannsson, only 48
                                ...Also RIP Reg E Cathey from house of cards and the wire, only 58.... Been a sad 24 hours in this regard...

Comment

Opr

Comment

I thought England started well but the second half they really should have killed them off and actually gave a limited enough Welsh team a chance.

Fingers crossed for Henshaw and Furlong after today. I thought Porter put in a fantastic 77 min shift. Larmour and Stockdale have lots of defensive bits to learn but great to have them in the environment and being taught by the best coaches and fellow players. Those boys will both be superstars.

Atmosphere in the Aviva was dire today. Hard to get excited about a mismatch like that though.
                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                        Disappointed best didn't lift his jersey to reveal a "we support Jackson " t-shirt

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                            No mooch

Comment

I know we have a few Fugazi fans on IPB so here's a nice fan doc made by a tribute band called Fauxgazi.

Last five mins, in particular, are great.

A Thank You to Fugazi, from the attendees of Fauxgazi's 2015 West Coast tour. Fauxgazi donated the profits from the tour to charity with MacKaye's approval. ...
                                              Last edited by BennyHiFi; 11-02-18, 01:42.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                I know we have a few Fugazi fans on IPB so here's a nice fan doc made by a tribute band called Fauxgazi.

Last five mins, in particular, are great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QZd2iKnFdE
                                                My favorite Kerry band, last night of the Quad bar fado fado, feeding Corks obsession with Fugazi...

http://tenpastseven.bandcamp.com/Ten Past Seven and Hope Is Noise's Dan Breen playing a cover of Fugazi's Waiting Room as the final song in the Quad in Cork ...

Comment

Here is a challenge for the BBV.

Nominate a pub (ideally Dublin c.c.) that will be showing Cheltenham, has a bookies within 10m of its front door, ideally a decent selection of gins and also has a high tolerance for eejitry.

ty

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Nominate a pub (ideally Dublin c.c.) that will be showing Cheltenham, has a bookies within 10m of its front door, ideally a decent selection of gins and also has a high tolerance for eejitry.

ty
                                                    We always hit Devitts on Camden St on the Tuesday. Ladbrokes across the road & PP 200 yards away. Seems to have had a small makeover in the last 12 months so selection of gins are on the menu & grub available.

Comment

Binged on Mr Mercedes this week cos we didn't watch it when it was on last year. Thought it was pretty good, worth a watch for anyone that hasn't seen it

Comment

Need some advice on uplift negotiations.

I'm adding a bit of sales repping to my role in work, a couple of days a week. The as to be settled on agreement is I'm to receive commission on any new business I bring in, on top of my salary. We're b2b so new business is ongoing business.

What's the standard here? A percentage of turnover? A percentage of margin?

What should I aim for?
                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

Cheers dude, that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                              Definitely percent of turnover, as that's easy to measure. Percent of gross margin can be subject to loads of adjustments such as inventory valuation policy. Percent of net margin is a total shitshow. Plus your job in sales has no control over purchasing or expenses, and your reward should be tied only to things you can control.

No idea on what standard percents are though.
                                                              You would want to know what margin they are making on the product(s) so you can pitch for your commission %

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                You would want to know what margin they are making on the product(s) so you can pitch for your commission %
                                                                Gross margin would average between 30 and 32% Net would be difficult to quantify.

Comment

ty
                                                                  Stags head? Bookies less than 50 yards if I remember correctly.... there's 3 or 4 pubs within spitting distance of that bookies so can't go wrong I think?
                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Comment

Sensational try again by Teddy Thomas!

Comment

Comment

LOLaidlaws face

Comment

LOLaidlaws face
                                                                            WP

Comment

This game is better than all the rest combined.

Two imperfect teams. This will come down to fitness.

Comment

Great heart shown by the Scots, there was an element of fromage eating simian capitulation from the French #PrayForShrap

Comment

Big win for the bookies spread of 6 hit.

Comment

Well done Scotland

Comment

Great heart shown by the Scots, there was an element of fromage eating simian capitulation from the French #PrayForShrap
                                                                                      yeah, this is what hurts. Around the 60 minute mark, we were dead on our feet and completely disorganised to boot. It definitely felt like we'd stopped trying, and surrendered in the last 20.

Comment

Oh Alexis...

He's a confidence player, so he really needs to put these away or it's going to be a long way back to the top!

Comment

Star Wars: Rebellion.

It's a massive game though. Could easily take a day between understanding rules, setting up, and playing. Genius stuff. Pandemic Legacy would probably be a much lighter introduction to modern gaming and it's ridic good.
                                                                                          Was for a present for the brother in law. Loves board games and Star Wars. Costs over €100, I think he is sound and all but not that sound.

You must have dropped a serious amount of cash over the last while.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                              yeah, this is what hurts. Around the 60 minute mark, we were dead on our feet and completely disorganised to boot. It definitely felt like we'd stopped trying, and surrendered in the last 20.
                                                                                              It's a (bad) reflection on your club game that this is exactly the way French teams play in the HC.

Until such time as the FFR bite the bullet and restrict the amount of foreigners playing for Top 14 clubs, this will only continue.

Comment

It's a (bad) reflection on your club game that this is exactly the way French teams play in the HC.

Until such time as the FFR bite the bullet and restrict the amount of foreigners playing for Top 14 clubs, this will only continue.
                                                                                                Didn't RoG talk about an amazement at how unfit they are at the top level, virtually no conditioning done. I know some guys playing prod2 and tier 2 international rugby and they say training standards are a joke, diet is terrible and the french are just happy being french

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

This is awesome. Bear in mind this is Katie Couric the doyenne of US tv, not some randomer from out in the sticks on AlabamaNews.
                                                                                                      Probably reading the autocue on autopilot and doesn't even register what nonsense she is coming out with.

Comment

ty
                                                                                                        https://twitter.com/CheltenhamGlen/s...88732536729601
                                                                                                        https://twitter.com/CheltenhamGlen

Comment

Originally posted by CheltenhamAtTheGleneagle View Post
                                                                                                          The taxi back to Dublin is going to be expensive

Comment

Always felt there was a decent chance poker would kill me. Went over to the deepstack series in Regency, no dough so ready for the big grind, caught a bit of heat and played every day for the guts of ten days. Prob a MAX of four hours sleep a day. Heading into the Fitz the last day and taxi man goes you look fooking wrecked, tell him the craic and he gives me the battery analogy, once you get to 0% sometimes the fuckers dont charge up again.
                                                                                                            Sitting at the table start shivering like a lunatic, go really light headed, palpitations the works but feels different than your standard panic attack. Tail between my legs go to my folks place, where I have been resting up for three days. Mouth ulcers, shit on my lips, gaunt as fuck face }not the worst tbf as I usually look like a bloated mofo}

Taking Beroca/ UniFlu. Drinking a ton Orange juice and honey shit. Couldnt really eat the last few days but woke up hungry. Any recommendations for supplements or whatever they are that reboot your immune system. Also going to try and eat well just for one fucking week, I eat like a 12 year old dickhead. Cant cook wont cook so where can I go in town that will be good wholesome healthy immune system boasting grub.

Many thanks. Pray for mojo.

Comment

If you have the means and time book a Sun break and chill. . Bugs abound these days. Too young to die so ....

Comment

Gaelscoils going to be interviewing preschoolers to ensure Irish proficiency due to level of demand, I wonder why these schools are so popular now?

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                                                  Gaelscoils going to be interviewing preschoolers to ensure Irish proficiency due to level of demand, I wonder why these schools are so popular now?
                                                                                                                  Life must be tough when living in a constant state of wonder. You're like a 3 year old it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                                                    Not sure but I'll guess it's because of abortions, Muslims or gays?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                      lol, maith an buachaill.

Comment

What's funny about Jack's loaded question is he's surmising it's because parents don't want their kids mixing with too many foreigners when in reality it's because parents don't want their kids mixing with his catholic church.

My local one is patroned by the cult so not a choice for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                          Why would you think that?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X