Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to speak Latin, it's the coolest sounding language imo. The associated chants/music are fantastic. I have tried in the shower but I want to sound more authentic. I could do a protection chant and hose me arse at the same time, be epic.

★ Please SUBSCRIBE: ► https://goo.gl/Q6d6hiFollow us:► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LiveBetterMedia► Twitter: https://twitter.com/livebettermediamusic ...

Comment

Superconducting spintronics

Betcha even zuut doesn't know what that means.

Come on Norn Iron
      Cambridge will win though
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Come on Norn Iron
        I’m sure he does. Bit of a gift giving him CERN questions and a neutrino starter question. Ulster getting badly crushed. Only Connect was great fun tonight
        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          I think paying someone to sit with you 1-1 is probably the way to go. I am constantly embarrassed by my lack of language skills, feel like a moron when I go to Brussels and everyone else speaks at least 4.
          Just don’t tell the Missus.

Here’s a Spanish tutor for anyone based in St Albans.
          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
            I have great intentions to learn a new language. I assumed German was the way to go because I figured Chinese would be too difficult but two of the German guys in the class speak fluent Chinese and said it's actually not that bad.

Arabic never crossed mind but being there is a clear ambition in the UK to make it a Western centre for Islamic finance and the continued efforts for more Shariah complaint Sukuks, you would have to imagine it deserves consideration.

https://www.reuters.com/article/isla...-idUSL5N1M10AQ
            Brady are you doing an MBA at the minute?

Comment

Binged on Master of None the last few days, cracking show.
              I think I might be in love with Alessandra Mastronardi aka Francesca, sweet jebus she's amazing and that accent does things to me.

Comment

Come on Norn Iron
                Was only teaching a class on spin this afternoon. Superconductivity comes at the end, but I wouldn't get into that level of detail.

What was the UC question?

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                  I’m sure he does. Bit of a gift giving him CERN questions and a neutrino starter question. Ulster getting badly crushed. Only Connect was great fun tonight
                  LOL Ulster only got going when they fired a couple of bible questions at them, I'd bet Jack knows most of it off by heart

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                    Was only teaching a class on spin this afternoon. Superconductivity comes at the end, but I wouldn't get into that level of detail.

What was the UC question?
                    That was the subject of his Phd, First he missed an simple enough astronomy question that was the definition of Horizon then a question on the letter designation of the Kennelly Heaviside layer
                    SPOILER
                    E
                    and he also didn't get the Cern questions on the forward direction LHC experiment called
                    SPOILER
                    Totem
                    right and missed the one that I guessed the answer to which was what is the cloud experiment intended to investigate interaction between cloud formation and
                    SPOILER
                    cosmic rays

Hope for his sake the lads marking his phd weren't watching

Was interested to find out about the Kennelly Heaviside layer and was surprised I'd not heard of it before having studied radio to a fairly advanced level back in the day as far as I remember we were only ever taught about reflection from the ionosphere rather than a specific part of it.
                    Last edited by Strewelpeter; 12-02-18, 21:21.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                        masters in fin risk manage in trinners
                        What kind of uplift are you expecting Brady for the cost (both financial and opportunity cost)?

Comment

Brady are you doing an MBA at the minute?
                          As Hitch says MSc in Financial Risk. It was a stream of Finance, I think it's only running a couple of years. Almost all the electives cross over with Finance and a few more maths/risk based core subjects

What kind of uplift are you expecting Brady for the cost (both financial and opportunity cost)?
                          I'm not really sure tbh. I was fortunate to land the job in BF and get promoted as quickly as I did. My job in NZ was the same, incredibly fortunate to get that too. I would be surprised if I initially see much of an uplift at all.

However I do think this gives me a far higher ceiling. There are no doubts without it, I'd have a difficult time crossing over in into a different sector. My undergrad was a terrible choice and my effort was close to zero so at least with this outside of academia there are few doors shut to me.
                          Last edited by Guest; 12-02-18, 21:42.

Comment

As Hitch says MSc in Financial Risk. It was a stream of Finance, I think it's only running a couple of years. Almost all the electives cross over with Finance and a few more maths/risk based core subjects
                            Get a bit of Python and R with that and you'll be golden
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 12-02-18, 21:46.

Comment

Comment

Get a bit of Python and R with that and you'll be golden
                                  I have done a bit especially with R and I'm decent with SQL and Tableau. The company I was with in NZ shared lots of health data with Auckland uni and they developed R so pretty much everyone had a working knowledge.

Comment

I was literally proposing that to their school yesterday and even generously offered to provide the course for suitable compensation Would be Python (80%) + VBA (20%) though, as a lot of old school finance firms still heavily rely on VBA. Trying to franchise myself out - with the current course in Smurf and this, it would be a very decent bonus pay packet. Earning my uplifts the hard way!

which is superior though: uplift or upside?

I'll leave you to ponder this overnight.

Comment

I have done a bit especially with R and I'm decent with SQL and Tableau. The company I was with in NZ shared lots of health data with Auckland uni and they developed R so pretty much everyone had a working knowledge.
                                      Now all you have to do is move to a sector that pays big dollahs yo

Comment

Guys, we started a new business for buying and selling bitcoin in Ireland.
                                        Please check our website www.bitireland.com
                                        Buy and Sell bitcoin in Ireland with Bitireland Broker Ltd.
                                        www.bitireland.ie

Comment

That was the subject of his Phd, First he missed an simple enough astronomy question that was the definition of Horizon then a question on the letter designation of the Kennelly Heaviside layer
                                          SPOILER
                                          E
                                          and he also didn't get the Cern questions on the forward direction LHC experiment called
                                          SPOILER
                                          Totem
                                          right and missed the one that I guessed the answer to which was what is the cloud experiment intended to investigate interaction between cloud formation and
                                          SPOILER
                                          cosmic rays

Hope for his sake the lads marking his phd weren't watching

Was interested to find out about the Kennelly Heaviside layer and was surprised I'd not heard of it before having studied radio to a fairly advanced level back in the day as far as I remember we were only ever taught about reflection from the ionosphere rather than a specific part of it.
                                          The radio navigation exam for instrument flying has bits about ionospheric reflection but I didn't realise the layers had names beyond the letter designation.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                            Did Latin in first year of secondary school, one of many poor academic choices
                                            Can't wait to see Kayroo's opinion on this one.
                                            Ipsa scientia potestas est.
                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Comment

^^^ kayroos drunk again
                                                Si tacuisses philosophus mansisses
                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Those looking for netflix shows should give the detectorists a watch, grand easy viewing and a unique show.

Also atypical is good after 3 episodes anyway
                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

When ever I seen the latest gadgetry from Boston Dynamics, I can't help but think of Fringe. I'm convinced Walter Bishop is real at behind it all

Comment

Put a gun on that and it would be a pretty serious military tool.

Comment

You'd really wonder what's going on at CNN, I remember when Fox was the joke station, but between publicly threatening the guy that made a gif, and fawning over kim jong un's sister, CNN had to be in the lead.

Comment

The USA is the joke station.
                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Zuma is el gonzo.

This has to be good for SA although you might suspect the corruption rot is now so deep as to be irreversible. My other fear is that he makes it tribal and you see Zulus on the streets in angry mode.

Comment

I foolishly volunteered to cook a Valentines dinner tomorrow.

I have duck, beans and puy lentils.

How does one make puy lentils tasty?
                                                              Butter and wine?

Comment

Butter and wine?
                                                                Bacon or pancetta and balsamic vinegar.
                                                                Edit: I've a feeling there's wine in the recipe too, I think it's on BBC good food.
                                                                Last edited by eamonhonda; 13-02-18, 09:48.
                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Vomiting bug on Pancake Tuesday sucks balls

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                    You'd really wonder what's going on at CNN, I remember when Fox was the joke station, but between publicly threatening the guy that made a gif, and fawning over kim jong un's sister, CNN had to be in the lead.
                                                                    The fishtailing has only really started.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                      Si tacuisses philosophus mansisses
                                                                      Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                      The fishtailing has only really started.
                                                                      Only needed google to help understand one of these

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                        Vomiting bug on Pancake Tuesday sucks balls
                                                                        ...If you manage to kick it in the next 10 hours, you'll have made extra space for more pancakes.... #glasshalffull...

Comment

short track speed skating is fantastic viewing... oooh the drama!!!especially in the sprint distance races

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                            short track speed skating is fantastic viewing... oooh the drama!!!especially in the sprint distance races
                                                                            I see they have a new event with 24 runner fields later this week, that could be slaughter.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                              ...If you manage to kick it in the next 10 hours, you'll have made extra space for more pancakes.... #glasshalffull...
                                                                              Worse case scenario is eating them on the jacks with a basin to hand.

Comment

Butter and wine?
                                                                                thrown them away

add garlic to the spuds
                                                                                Last edited by DeadParrot; 13-02-18, 11:05.
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                  thrown them away

add garlic to the spuds
                                                                                  The butter with a dash of wine might help them slide into the bin easier!

Comment

Moggmania really on a role at the moment!

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                      I see they have a new event with 24 runner fields later this week, that could be slaughter.
                                                                                      relays at the moment. pretty messy also

Comment

Mmm, that duck looks lovely!

Does everyone eat the duck fat and skin, or do people remove before tucking in?

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

I eat it. That recipe calls for a cold pan to make it crispy. I prefer this method.

Score the fat on the duck in a criss-cross pattern. Season the duck on both sides with the cracked black pepper and salt. Heat a large ovenproof frying pan over a medium to high heat and add the duck breasts, skin side down (this helps render the duck fat, giving it a crispy skin,) and cook for about 2 minutes, until the skin is crisp.
                                                                                          Turn the duck breasts over and cook for another minute, then transfer the frying pan to the oven and cook for 8 minutes for a pink finish or 10 minutes if you prefer your duck a little more well done

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                            When ever I seen the latest gadgetry from Boston Dynamics, I can't help but think of Fringe. I'm convinced Walter Bishop is real at behind it all
                                                                                            I think I saw those things in stranger things.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                              Moggmania really on a role at the moment!
                                                                                              If Ireland wasn't so susceptible to the ensuing carnage it would be hilarious to see him ruin the tories, although as things stand both the tories and Labour are being shown up as divided, indecisive, useless entities who are terrified to commit to anything and stick to it.

Comment

I cook it with the fat on, and then run the knife under it before serving together on the plate. Some folks like it on I guess.

Comment

...Duck when good quality and cooked perfectly, has gotta be a contender for best meat...Used to have Duck 2/3 times a week, down to about 1 week and appreciate it more...I eat the fat and skin myself...
                                                                                                  ...Actually think I'm gonna have Duck for dinner after typing this post....

Comment

I have become quite the expert at the luge and grow more and more frustrated as the competitors ignore the folly of flying too high into the dangerous bends I have picked out as the ones to watch to take this baby down. I need to fly over for to counsel these people.

Comment

If it's cooked right there shouldn't be too much fat, definitely eating it all in that case.
                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                        ...Duck when good quality and cooked perfectly, has gotta be a contender for best meat...Used to have Duck 2/3 times a week, down to about 1 week and appreciate it more...I eat the fat and skin myself...
                                                                                                        ...Actually think I'm gonna have Duck for dinner after typing this post....
                                                                                                        Duckforsome

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                          Duckforsome
                                                                                                          I'm gonna attempt this.

How hard can it be?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                            I cook it with the fat on, and then run the knife under it before serving together on the plate. Some folks like it on I guess.
                                                                                                            This is duck confit btw

Comment

If you render all the fat off properly the skin goes lovely and crispy.
                                                                                                              But if you don't get it right it's a bit chewy and rubbery.

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                              They were a reference to Aliens (aka Aliens 2) surely.
                                                                                                              In Alien, the alien was human-like, but in the dequel they were dog-like.

Stranger things season 3, I predict a queen demogorgon shows up

Comment

Black mirror Doggos
                                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                                  Duckforsome...
                                                                                                                  FYP

Comment

I'm gonna attempt this.

How hard can it be?
                                                                                                                    This is why I don't need to cook meals wha wha.

Comment

Valentine cards by snail mail
                                                                                                                      are apparently still a thing

You'd think An Post would play along
                                                                                                                      and hold them over for delivery on the day.

1st thought: Tuck it into the glove box
                                                                                                                      & hold it over for tomorrow.

2nd thought: Burn it,
                                                                                                                      hunt the little bastard down
                                                                                                                      & dowse him in ice cold water.

Why does having a teenage daughter
                                                                                                                      bring out the psychopath in me?
                                                                                                                      Last edited by DeeBrown; 13-02-18, 16:28.

Comment

Anyone got a rec for a good Fish Monger? Or even online Fish monger

Brutal ones near me in South Dublin.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                          Black mirror Doggos
                                                                                                                          Yep!

Spoilers within...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X