Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    PSV obv in the pay pockets of LittleBeer.

'oh wow is me as an international exporter having to stick a sticker on a can, HOW WILL I EVER SURVIVE???'
    What's good about imposing additional costs and regulation on small businesses for axiomatic information?

SPOILER

Do the current labels change anyone's behaviour? Probably just help heavy drinkers pick out the best unit/€

I'm all in favour btw of sticking stickers on foods too. Maybe something like 'too much of this will make you fat', as the statistics suggest that people are oblivious to that fact.
    Stickers on everything in the supermarket except vegetables?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
      Trinity Mirror Group got the deal through this morning.
      Funny if the editorial stance changes overnight, would be a lot of spluttered porridge when a few pro EU stories drop onto the Tunbridge Wells breakfast tables. Though I'm guessing TMG won't want to alienate too quickly the Express audience of retired Major Generals.
      Its a worrying development to have further lack of diversity in the main stream media.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
            Tony Bullocks has a nice ring to it
            Sounds like a biology lesson

Anyway he lost his fan base when he shaved off his Frankie goes to Hollywood moustache.

Nice deflection though Mrsfd. If you don't love me back it makes it easier for me anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
              Its a worrying development to have further lack of diversity in the main stream media.
              There was nothing diverse about the express

Your not actually worried about that at all!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                Sounds like a biology lesson

Anyway he lost his fan base when he shaved off his Frankie goes to Hollywood moustache.

Nice deflection though Mrsfd. If you don't love me back it makes it easier for me anyway.
                Awww I didn't think you meant me

You know I loves ya

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                  There was nothing diverse about the express

Your not actually worried about that at all!
                  Diversity in the sense that the media is already heavily left wing liberal biased and this further pushes it in that direction.

Comment

There's already health stickers on everything in the supermarket, including on most vegetables.
                    Looking forward to be the only one buying things without pictures of cancer on them.

Meat tax next.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                      Looking forward to be the only one buying things without pictures of cancer on them.

Meat tax next.
                      You still make nuclear warheads for a living?

Comment

The express is a hilarious paper. Would hate for anything about it to change.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                          Aaahhh ya, the daily Star doing its telephone voice!

Comment

You still make nuclear warheads for a living?
                            Outsourced to North Korea.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                              Have not seen show, may look into it!

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                Outsourced to North Korea.
                                A Sur, ya will be able to buy them with your crypto slave trader vouchers for old times sake at a dacent price anyhu

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                  It will be a name change we need to Irishheartboards soon. How many of us are having issues with the ole ticker these days?

Hope you are ok CC. It is worrying when they say it is the heart. Keep us all posted!

So what is the list now?

Oleras
                                  MrsF
                                  Hitch
                                  Horatio
                                  Courier Collie

There is more but can't think!
                                  On that list mrsfd since 1998. I'd be more worried about those not on the list

Get well soon cc- meds are great these days

Comment

Comment

Derry Girls is brill elshambo
                                      i only watched one. not a chance i'd watch another!

Comment

Seems I ran one too many bluffs on the missus. Anniversary in March, she asked if we're doing anything. Me being the smart man after going to fxb said ah yeah sure chapter one, vintage kitchen, lecrivian. Take your pick. No bother

She just text me, booked into lecrivian for 10th of March 6.30pm pot committed now

Comment

You haven't quite mastered the high brow bragging of the horse head elite just yet Dobby, keep it up though you'll get there.
                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                            Seems I ran one too many bluffs on the missus. Anniversary in March, she asked if we're doing anything. Me being the smart man after going to fxb said ah yeah sure chapter one, vintage kitchen, lecrivian. Take your pick. No bother

She just text me, booked into lecrivian for 10th of March 6.30pm pot committed now
                                            Nice spot, you'll enjoy it. Often see vouchers for it on TheTaste.ie, worth checking it out to see if you can find a good deal.

Comment

PSV obv in the pay pockets of LittleBeer.

'oh wow is me as an international exporter having to stick a sticker on a can, HOW WILL I EVER SURVIVE???'
                                              Just dont like to see the puritans winning, can imagine them all high giving each other in their triathlon leotards as the extinguish another little bit of happiness from peoples lives
                                              Btw I have absolutely no evidence for this but I’d imagine craft beer drinkers drink a good bit less than multinational slop imbibers. I know I do, 2 heavy 5% era or an 8% on a weekend night and I’m happy out
                                              Last edited by Guest; 09-02-18, 13:01.

Comment

Abortion containment thread needed

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                  You haven't quite mastered the high brow bragging of the horse head elite just yet Dobby, keep it up though you'll get there.
                                                  Feels like a beat eamo m8

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                  Nice spot, you'll enjoy it. Often see vouchers for it on TheTaste.ie, worth checking it out to see if you can find a good deal.
                                                  Thanks for that. Will definitely check

Comment

Derry Girls is brill elshambo
                                                    Ah stop it’s terrible I confess to watching only one episode though terrible acting as funny as a cancer diagnosis.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                            I picked up a copy in a cafe in Lollerpool yesterday, was a great enhancement to my day.
                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

MrsFD needs to start another list for people who have no heart problems due to having no heart: [1] shrap, [2] sickpuppy
                                                                My list (love Friday afternoons)

20 years time and old HH reminiscing about the IPB with Courier Collie over a buckwheat soup. (yes they both live-bastards)

Ah remember the ol lads and what killed them.

Mike Bull - Strangled in a lap dancing club by his own braces

Careca – Heart. (some blame Yurgen Klopp-Spillane)

5starpool – Trampled to death collecting his kid from school before summer holidays. Some say the ol goats walking stick pierced his lung.

CHD - Death by misadventure in 2019 after Chelski got relegated. Jammed a dart into his own temple. (was aiming for the shoulder)

Jack - Died of exasperation (the old diseases are coming back)

Ionapaul - flatlined along with his portfolio in 2020

Strewelpeter - Died of old age in 2018

Raoul - Died when the nursing home his kids picked caught fire mysteriously. 5 years later the eldest kid admitted to it, buy they hushed it up for the greater good.

Msflushdraw – died of old age despite many years of worrying about dying young and enduring the death of mike bull.

Flushdraw – ran off with a maltese teenage poker player he was giving lesson to. Died of guilt (plus a dart to his own temple- deliberate and accurate shot)

Gimmeabreak- Murdered by a ladyboy in a rage after he objected to the quality of the meat.

Kayroo - He died after his stock of lawbooks landed on his noggin when he was trying to perfect an assemble. The books didn’t kill him , Instead of calling for help he died of starvation as he decided to reread them all again to answer a question put to him over the weekend.

HJ - Was killed by a woman. She later became the President.

Lazare – Fell down a street drain while out training for the marathon.

Comment

Diversity in the sense that the media is already heavily left wing liberal biased and this further pushes it in that direction.
                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Having a 5% of GDP gov spending deficit at a time when your economy is running above average and at full employment is really quite insane economics, especially when you already have debt/GDP ratio of 105%.
                                                                    I see Smart and Stable Genius is now saying the markets are dumb for having the temerity to plummet on his watch

Comment

Once more. Liberal and left wing are not the same. Please please stop conflating them.

The harder left you go, the further away from liberalism you go, just as the harder right you go the same.

If I said the Liberal right wing Daily Mail would you find it
                                                                      A stupid
                                                                      B stupid
                                                                      C stupid

?

Comment

There's plenty of right wing biased media to balance. They are called tabloids and are for idiots by idiots.
                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Seeing as we are discussing UK newspapers:

The Sun
                                                                          Daily Mail
                                                                          The Express
                                                                          The Telegraph
                                                                          - all tend to the nuttily populist end of the right wing spectrum

The Guardian
                                                                          -definitely right-on liberal left

The Independent
                                                                          - centrist

The Times
                                                                          - definitely trends right

so the bulk of the UK newspaper market leans to the right, not the left. In this, as in so many other things, you are quite transparently speaking through your hole.

Comment

Yougov, that left wing liberal site can't be trusted.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

No it's not, quite the opposite in actual fact!

Comment

Animal welfare group describes some scenes as the most shocking ever seen in Europe. Warning this story contains graphic footage and images which may be distressing

hmmm sausages
                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                      Yougov, that left wing liberal site can't be trusted.
                                                                                      You forgot to switch accounts
                                                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

UK media:

Far right: Telegraph, Daily Mail, Express
                                                                                        Right: Times, Sun, Evening Standard, Sky News
                                                                                        Centre: BBC, ITV
                                                                                        Left: Mirror, Guardian, Channel 4
                                                                                        Far left: ??

That darned left wing dominated media.
                                                                                        BBC are a plaything of the Tories and have been for years

Whenever they push anything leftist they get warned about possible cuts to the license

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                          Crank up the warning label machine

Comment

UK media:
                                                                                            Morning Star.

Comment

Having a 5% of GDP gov spending deficit at a time when your economy is running above average and at full employment is really quite insane economics, especially when you already have debt/GDP ratio of 105%.
                                                                                              When were the Republican's ever the party of fiscal conservatism?

R:
                                                                                              Richard Nixon: Added $121 billion, a 34 percent increase from the $354 billion debt at the end of LBJ's last budget, FY 1969.

Gerald Ford: Added $224 billion, a 47 percent increase from the $475 billion debt at the end of Nixon's last budget, FY 1974.

Ronald Reagan: Added $1.86 trillion, a 186 percent increase from the $998 billion debt at the end of Carter's last budget, FY 1981. Reaganomics didn't work to grow the economy enough to offset tax cuts.

George H.W. Bush: Added $1.554 trillion, a 54 percent increase from the $2.8 trillion debt at the end of Reagan's last budget, FY 1989.

George W. Bush: Added $5.849 trillion, a 101 percent increase from the $5.8 trillion debt at the end of Clinton's last budget, FY 2001.

D:
                                                                                              Jimmy Carter: Added $299 billion, a 43 percent increase from the $699 billion debt at the end of Ford's last budget, FY 1977.

Bill Clinton: Added $1.396 trillion, a 32 percent increase from the $4.4 trillion debt at the end of George H.W. Bush's last budget, FY 1993.

Barack Obama: Added $7.917 trillion, a 68 percent increase from the $11.657 trillion debt at the end of George W. Bush’s last budget, FY 2009.

Comment

The mail and the sun are also top 2 papers in the UK I believe, so the right wing media has the majority of the readership.
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Is the independent not generally accepted to be centre right!?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                    Seeing as we are discussing UK newspapers:

The Sun
                                                                                                    Daily Mail
                                                                                                    The Express
                                                                                                    The Telegraph
                                                                                                    - all tend to the nuttily populist end of the right wing spectrum

The Guardian
                                                                                                    -definitely right-on liberal left

The Independent
                                                                                                    - centrist

The Times
                                                                                                    - definitely trends right

so the bulk of the UK newspaper market leans to the right, not the left. In this, as in so many other things, you are quite transparently speaking through your hole.

Convienant that you left out the Mirror and the BBC (not a newspaper but read significantly online) and watched of course which are both left wing. Independent is left wing and increasingly so.

Comment

UK media:

Far right: Telegraph, Daily Mail, Express
                                                                                                      Right: Times, Sun, Evening Standard, Sky News
                                                                                                      Centre: BBC, ITV
                                                                                                      Left: Mirror, Guardian, Channel 4

That darned left wing dominated media.
                                                                                                      Telegraph is right but not far right. BBC is left. Guardian is far left. Other than that seems OK.

Comment

Is the independent not generally accepted to be centre right!?
                                                                                                        Irish independent yes UK Independent no.

Comment

Irish independent yes UK Independent no.
                                                                                                          Just spent 6 years in UK, UK independent, yes!

Comment

Convienant that you left out the Mirror and the BBC (not a newspaper but read significantly online) and watched of course which are both left wing. Independent is left wing and increasingly so.
                                                                                                            Convenient that you are ignoring the fact that that poll was taken in a centre right country and so is skewed by right wing thought

That actuality wouldn't fit though, would it

Comment

The Mirror is on the list.
                                                                                                              BBC is neither left nor right in news and current affairs, if they seem left wing to you that would be because publishing unvarnished facts and giving equal airtime and treatment to all sides will make stupid people look stupid and show up corrupt and exploitative policies for what they are.
                                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Facts Have a Well-Known Liberal Bias

Comment

Jack you will have to explain how you a champion of freedom of expression and freedom of thought is so aggravated by left, liberal or indeed the left liberal elite (whom ever they are) press or thought.

Surely you should welcome all areas and views seeing as your only concern is free press and freedom of thought.

Unless... Unless

Comment

Jack you will have to explain how you a champion of freedom of expression and freedom of thought is so aggravated by left, liberal or indeed the left liberal elite (whom ever they are) press or thought.

Surely you should welcome all areas and views seeing as your only concern is free press and freedom of thought.

Unless... Unless
                                                                                                                    No problem with any of the above but evidence has shown the left want to shut down freedom of speech, expression etc in the name of PC correctness. Too much of that in the 4th estate would be a bad thing.

Comment

No problem with any of the above but evidence has shown the left want to shut down freedom of speech, expression etc in the name of PC correctness. Too much of that in the 4th estate would be a bad thing.
                                                                                                                      Could the same be said for the right? Doesn't Trump do it weekly?
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                        Could the same be said for the right? Doesn't Trump do it weekly?
                                                                                                                        I dont think you could excuse President Trump of being PC!

Comment

I dont think you could excuse President Trump of being PC!
                                                                                                                          Haha I knew that was coming. But the shutting down freedom of speech.
                                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X