Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keith Earls eh
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Predictable as a recurring nightmare

Just not finding the spirit or coherence of the provincial teams
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Sexton as bad at picking his fights as Emmet

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          Well there ya go. And you wonder why the French national team is muck!

Let's see if Shraaaaaaap bites here....
          Cough cough
          Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Tv3 curse
            Anytime they show international games we lose l

Good old tv3. ��
            Last edited by balfejohn; 03-02-18, 18:45.

Comment

Unbelievable

Comment

Redonkulous
                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

wow wow wow wow wow
                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    say again?

shite game, great result

Comment

FFS!

Hate when I'm right
                      Just not finding the spirit or coherence of the provincial teams
                      But I love when I am wrong

Comment

He needed to make that. Was the one who let them back into it with the missed penalty.

Didn't deserve the win, but that is some score to make.

Comment

Tjhat really was extraordinary, some where about phase 45 I thought I was going to puke!

Comment

Sweet Mother of actual Baby Jebus

Comment

Yoink for signature

Comment

Seems I gave up watching the match too early

Comment

Type of thing that usually happen Ireland in every sport. Big heart

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                    He needed to make that. Was the one who let them back into it with the missed penalty.

Didn't deserve the win, but that is some score to make.
                                    Owens had a mare near the end imo

Comment

Tjhat really was extraordinary, some where about phase 45 I thought I was going to puke!
                                      I feel like puking

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                        Owens had a mare near the end imo
                                        He was afraid of making a big decision.

We bottled it worse from 40-60 by not putting France away. Left them in it far far too long. Zero incision made.

2 6nations in a row that France and dubious hias are going to be news.

Comment

We bottled it worse from 40-60 by not putting France away. Left them in it far far too long. Zero incision made.

What is the story there? How come you can't bring on a replacement for a leg injury? I didn't think there was limits on subs or anything...

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                              I feel like puking
                                              I have a bet of a bottle of wine with my Toulon-supporting French colleague on the result.

The abuse -EV of Sexton not making that kick wss worth about three cases of Chablis.

Comment

I thought we were good in the first half but a lot of self inflicted wounds in the 2nd half. Murray wasnt at his usual high standards. Stockdale not great in attack of defence. A manky win as Paulie would say but we can grow from here.

I think we’ll see a bit more next week and hopefully we grow into this tournie. I’ll certainly take it over last years start. The balls on Sexton and the skill of Earls on the cross field kick and then the drop goal. Onwards and upwards. The French will give a lot of teams quite a match from here as well.
                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                  They're mates. Played at racing together. They carried on chatting after

Comment

I thought PSA looked a bit uncomfortable when Paulie started talking about the values of the game on the Beeb. Not good enough and the powers that be need to get on it ASAP.
                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

I thought there was great sportsmanship shown after the game but I question the attitude during the game.

Comment

Women in bikinis on the beach are good
                                                        Women in bikinis on the TV make people think they are sex objects.

Reconcile
                                                        Shocked that you can't see the obvious difference. One group are being paid to preform a service.

I support women in bikinis in all settings. I question the need to pay hot women to appear in skimpy outfits at male dominated sporting events.

Enjoy the sport for its own sake and leave the bird watching for the beach.
                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                          I thought there was great sportsmanship shown after the game but I question the attitude during the game.
                                                          I assume you mean the hia issue, as I thought both teams were very well behaved?

Match doctor is assigned by the 6 nations no? French Doctor on the pitch was telling Nigel it was the knee, but Nigel clarified with the 4th official and asked him to leave

Comment

I’d switch out stockdale, Kearney and maybe one or two forwards next week. I think it’s important SOB is back for wales.

Comment

I assume you mean the hia issue, as I thought both teams were very well behaved?

Match doctor is assigned by the 6 nations no? French Doctor on the pitch was telling Nigel it was the knee, but Nigel clarified with the 4th official and asked him to leave
                                                              Well I’d also reference the head butt on Leavy and the no arms tackle on Murray. The 2nd HIA called by the match doctor will be very interesting if the authorities have the balls to investigate it. I don’t disagree with the call on the first as the French doctor was clear in that case.

Edit: maybe I’m being overly cynical but I thought it was great spot to go down with a hia by the replacement scrumhalf as it meant a French scrum in a great spot to run down the clock and win a penalty which the French did. He did make sure to hold his head and not his leg after he went down despite the hit being on his chest and the legs colliding. Anyway maybe we’ll never know but the rules are wide open to this sort of abuse so some sort of protection needs to be there if people are caught manipulating a very important safety rule.
                                                              Last edited by V for Vendetta; 03-02-18, 19:29.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                Well I’d also reference the head butt on Leavy and the no arms tackle on Murray. The 2nd HIA called by the match doctor will be very interesting if the authorities have the balls to investigate it. I don’t disagree with the call on the first as the French doctor was clear in that case.

Edit: maybe I’m being overly cynical but I thought it was great spot to go down with a hia by the replacement scrumhalf as it meant a French scrum in a great spot to run down the clock and win a penalty which the French did. He did make sure to hold his head and not his leg after he went down despite the hit being on his chest and the legs colliding. Anyway maybe we’ll never know but the rules are wide open to this sort of abuse so some sort of protection needs to be there if people are caught manipulating a very important safety rule.
                                                                missed the headbutt, and the no arms was stupid but not the worst tbh. thought it wa a very clean game overall.

you're probably right though, he went down and held his head. when you initially see the hit, it could very well have been a clash of heads, but replay shows it clearly wasn't.
                                                                Probably cynical in the fact he knew he was hurt but only an HIA could get a replacement back on. The call wasn't his but he gave no choice to the doctor who probably doesn't have (or does he?) the possibility of reviewing the hit. the post match review will be interesting.

Comment

missed the headbutt, and the no arms was stupid but not the worst tbh. thought it wa a very clean game overall.

you're probably right though, he went down and held his head. when you initially see the hit, it could very well have been a clash of heads, but replay shows it clearly wasn't.
                                                                  Probably cynical in the fact he knew he was hurt but only an HIA could get a replacement back on. The call wasn't his but he gave no choice to the doctor who probably doesn't have (or does he?) the possibility of reviewing the hit. the post match review will be interesting.
                                                                  Ah it’s the laws are the problem really the more I think about it, and it was a really good tough game. The French never fear the Irish and I think that’s why they always play very well against us. I hope France beat Scotland next week and march on as it’ll be good for the game (and Ireland in the rest of this particular 6Ns).

Comment

The problem with the hia issue is that there is no realistic solution.

If a player says he needs a hia then the doctor must listen, the doctor must in turn tell the referee the player is being removed for a hia, and so a sub is allowed on.

Can't see how we change that. We just need to rely on players not abusing it.

Comment

Women in bikinis on the beach are good
                                                                      Women in bikinis on the TV make people think they are sex objects.

Reconcile
                                                                      Are you being disingenuous or do you really not see the difference?

If you don't get it its not me you need to explain it again.

Comment

That must be close enough to Sextons finest moment, so far.

Comment

Yeah, quite obviously a friendly fuck you.
                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

That must be close enough to Sextons finest moment, so far.
                                                                            Ah no. Maybe in a green shirt but I refer you to a certain Heineken cup final in the Millennium stadium. I watched it back recently just Roy of the Rovers stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                              Yeah, quite obviously a friendly fuck you.
                                                                              Well if he'd spoken better English, he'd have probably said "you absolute fuckin cunt"... With a big smile obviously

Comment

Could've sworn I lip read one of the French guys saying 'your mother's a whore'

Don't speak French though so can't be sure.
                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                          Was slightly expecting mild disappointment, but no this is absolute perfection. A real live fcking cinema in the living room.
                                                                                          The promised pics have disappointed so far.

Comment

...

Comment

Just reading about Coronary Heart Disease there randomly and it turns out that CHD as its referred to is a real possible thing and probably one of the favs that kills me.

That's class.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                Just reading about Coronary Heart Disease there randomly and it turns out that CHD as its referred to is a real possible thing and probably one of the favs that kills me.

That's class.
                                                                                                Has to be better than CJD.
                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                  Or VD

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                    or CJH

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                      or CJH
                                                                                                      I suppose a ride is out of the question

Keeping with the current theme.
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Hope we beat the French today. Mad dream last night about a Johnny Sefton winner from 40 yards last kick. Lol as if.

Comment

Superbowwwwllll! Fkn hell that last one where he falls twice trying to run it off,grim

Comment

Boris Johnson as pm,give as deputy and Dead eyes Mogh as chancellor being touted as a brexit dream team,fkng hell

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post

Superbowwwwllll! Fkn hell that last one where he falls twice trying to run it off,grim
                                                                                                              he took artistic licence to a whole new level of cack. unwatchable

Comment

Hope we beat the French today. Mad dream last night about a Johnny Sefton winner from 40 yards last kick. Lol as if.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                  Could've sworn I lip read one of the French guys saying 'your mother's a whore'

Don't speak French though so can't be sure.
                                                                                                                  "your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries" iirc

Comment

Went to FXB on Pembroke street last night. Just fantastic

Comment

Yesterday was the first game since 2015 Championship where a game involving a combination of Wales Ireland France Scotland went to the away side, nice trend to buck even if it was the skin of our teeth.
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                        Yesterday was the first game since 2015 Championship where a game involving a combination of Wales Ireland France Scotland went to the away side, nice trend to buck even if it was the skin of our teeth.
                                                                                                                        Lol 2015? Way back then eh?

Comment

Lol 2015? Way back then eh?
                                                                                                                          Weren't all home wins either. We drew at home to Wales 2 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X