Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
    Somebody recommend me a solid documentary
    I assume you've seen the West of Memphis docs?

Comment

How come the scantily clad cheerleaders were given a pass on the darts?

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
        ...Because it's only when someone with my influence brings the topic to the people that the people respond...Someone else mentioned the darts so they didn't take an interest... They literally just want to be noticed by me...You'll understand why on April 1st at 20:00pm...Hype Hype Hype...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
          ...I've just finished watching dirty money- 6 separate documentaries about different things... I think the one about Valeant and the one about the racing car driver scott tucker were excellent, also a decent one about the Maple Syrup heist... Would recommend all except the trump one...
          Not heard of them, will check them out, cheers.

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
          I assume you've seen the West of Memphis docs?
          I have indeed, great watching
          airport, lol

Comment

The evidence presented in the Jackson / Olding trial today certainly put a different slant on things. Surely the whole case will hinge on the testimony of the girl who walked in on the act.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              Photo is standard on a CV nowadays, no?
              Weirdly yes in mainland Europe but no everywhere else in the world.

Comment

...Plus one of them is SATNAV, we like her...

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                  The evidence presented in the Jackson / Olding trial today certainly put a different slant on things. Surely the whole case will hinge on the testimony of the girl who walked in on the act.
                  In what regard?

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

BTW Laz there are more female doctors in the UK than male. If you want to balance the books get them to become car mechanics, but I'm guessing that career choice might be a little too blue collar for you. What ever happened to wanting your kids to be happy, healthy, smart, confident people?
                    I won't be 'getting' them to become anything.

My 3 year old asked for a dinosaur off Santa and was playing football with me earlier in the hallway so maybe she will want to be a mechanic. She likes bubbles and pink things too so who knows. She has said she wants to be a doctor though.
                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                      What else would a woman in a bikini indoors at night in a room full of men mean?
                      It could mean that the heating in the house is working well

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

I'd say we're going to end up about 80-90% female doctors, teachers. Can't beat girls abilities to get higher school grades and thats what determines those careers at the moment. Marketing, HR, and accounting long gone to women. Finance, supply chain, and IT though still seem to be stinky unassailable bastions of maleness, so we've got that as an option for any young boys you might have.
                            I far prefer teaching girls, not even for lol creepy reasons. They're so much better at being functional humans at 20 years old than blokes. Much easier to get a read on their level of understanding of material and do something about it, because they actually talk instead of grunting and hoping to get rid of you as quickly as possible.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                In what regard?
                                Well it was the first I had heard of an “independent” witness (in inverted commas because I have no idea whether their independence will be challenged). In a standard he said / she said scenario it seems a huge development.

Also, the failure of the alleged victim to mention that a girl walked in and witnessed part of the incident was strange. Likewise the fact she didn’t mention Olding at all in the first hospital interview.

Comment

Used the last 60 quid of my Amazon voucher to buy this:

Currently annoying Mrs DIII with constant repetitions of:

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Well it was the first I had heard of an “independent” witness (in inverted commas because I have no idea whether their independence will be challenged). In a standard he said / she said scenario it seems a huge development.

Also, the failure of the alleged victim to mention that a girl walked in and witnessed part of the incident was strange. Likewise the fact she didn’t mention Olding at all in the first hospital interview.
                                    None of that wil matter. Female judge on a rape case. The lads are fucked

Comment

Still find it a culture shock to see the amount of young women who work as builders on construction sites here. Its up around 75% male, but those 25% female builders must be anomalous compared to a lot of other countries (don't recall ever seeing a female builder in Ireland or UK).

I'd say we're going to end up about 80-90% female doctors, teachers. Can't beat girls abilities to get higher school grades and thats what determines those careers at the moment. Marketing, HR, and accounting long gone to women. Finance, supply chain, and IT though still seem to be stinky unassailable bastions of maleness, so we've got that as an option for any young boys you might have.
                                      Massive drive to promote women in Tech in our place atm.

If you're a smart lady cookie and you can stomach Geek Level 10, it's a good move.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                        I am glad you are all struggling with questions of gender identity.

I'm opening a book on which one of you first comes out as gender fluid (Tar a non-runner). Mike Bullocks currently evens favourite. I've seen things.
                                        When my gender fluid comes out I'm back to being a respectful hater of netball

Comment

whats the gender breakdown like in physics - must be massively male still?
                                          We run a physics with biomedical science degree which skews things a bit but in the physics and astronomy degrees it's still around 10% girls.

Comment

Brexit has gone from nutty to fully deranged in the last few days.

Comment

Don't think that's strange really, considering the experience she's meant to have gone through.

Think the line of questioning vindicates what she said to her friend though "No, I do not want to get the police involved. You know how that will turn out". People are going to be even less inclined in future to report things when they know they're going subject to that kind of questioning in a packed court.

Comment

Don't think that's strange really, considering the experience she's meant to have gone through.

Think the line of questioning vindicates what she said to her friend though "No, I do not want to get the police involved. You know how that will turn out". People are going to be even less inclined in future to report things when they know they're going subject to that kind of questioning in a packed court.
                                                What's worse though - innocent men convicted or an alleged victim subjected to cross?

I don't know what the truth is. I suspect somewhere in the middle shade of grey though.

Comment

Would not like to be on the Jury of that or any trial like it.

All you can do is trust the jury to listen and handle it fairly and honestly, sounds like it will go on for weeks, I will be doing my best to ignore it until the verdict comes in.

I see Best and Henderson came in for a lot of criticism for turning up at the court yesterday.
                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Have they mentioned yet what she was wearing that night ? That has to be a very important part of the lads defense...
                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Brexit has gone from nutty to fully deranged in the last few days.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/brexit...ernment-2018-2
                                                      Quote attributed to a senior Brexit backbencher

Are the civil service out of control and doing their own thing or is May giving them authority to do this, if she is that is how you kick off a civil war
                                                      I don't see how they can extricate themselves from this mess without some sort of a major trauma.

Comment

New Black Mirror series is great so far.

Photo is standard on a CV nowadays, no?
                                                        Academic CVs are very different from normal ones from what I've seen.

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                        I far prefer teaching girls, not even for lol creepy reasons. They're so much better at being functional humans at 20 years old than blokes. Much easier to get a read on their level of understanding of material and do something about it, because they actually talk instead of grunting and hoping to get rid of you as quickly as possible.
                                                        Yeah guys are bad enough...physics guys...may god have mercy on your soul. My best friend is a girl who did physics and astronomy, the people in her class were eh pretty bad. And I thought my class were nerds. 0 women in my course.

I am glad you are all struggling with questions of gender identity.

I'm opening a book on which one of you first comes out as gender fluid (Tar a non-runner). Mike Bullocks currently evens favourite. I've seen things.
                                                        Hey wait a minu... *Remembers I was picking out clothes to buy all evening*. Dammit.

I also can't stop saying the Suntory line with my bottle here. Irresistible urge to turn before it too.
                                                        Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 01-02-18, 22:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                          Would not like to be on the Jury of that or any trial like it.

All you can do is trust the jury to listen and handle it fairly and honestly, sounds like it will go on for weeks, I will be doing my best to ignore it until the verdict comes in.

I see Best and Henderson came in for a lot of criticism for turning up at the court yesterday.
                                                          I was on jury for a sexual assault case before.was pretty relieved at the end when judge just directed us to find the guy not guilty,it was a he said she said deal and I was none the wiser about who was telling the truth after 3 days of it

Comment

Did my own lotto numbers and a quick pick yesterday.

4 of my own numbers came up in the quick pick.

I feel a bit robbed.

That is all.
                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                              Did my own lotto numbers and a quick pick yesterday.

4 of my own numbers came up in the quick pick.

I feel a bit robbed.

That is all.
                                                              On the rare occasions I do it I do 1 my own numbers and one quick pick and there is always common numbers. Kpmg “audit” it btw

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                On the rare occasions I do it I do 1 my own numbers and one quick pick and there is always common numbers. Kpmg “audit” it btw
                                                                Whats the conspiracy there?
                                                                airport, lol

Comment

ah that would explain why I haven't seen a cv without a photo in quite a while. Its not cv's that have changed, its me that has changed. Seems everywhere should catch up with the best continent, given it adds a warmth to the cv and is on people's linkedin anyway.
                                                                  maybe if your interviewing for sexy female academics, some of us deal with tech recruitment, it's mainly men with beards

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                    Whats the conspiracy there?
                                                                    Look into it m8,lowers you’re of winning if your 2 lines have a bunch of the same numbers
                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 02-02-18, 00:05.

Comment

Liberalism so quickly involving into conservativism mad.
                                                                      You're all about the long game. You spent weeks referring to the left as liberals, with increasing frequency. The last few days is replaced it entirely. All leading to the above. The claim that liberals have involved [sic] into conservatives.
                                                                      Well played Emmet, you pinged this nonsense early.

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                      I've read all these posts and a lot of the points seem to be scattered. I'm trying to understand why there could be outrage at the removal of said women from darts and F1. How does it actually impact your viewing experience of the sport? I was a massive F1 fan and whether or not the "grid girls" are there had no impact on whether or not I watched it.
                                                                      I haven't seen anyone claim that losing the gird girls affects their viewing of the sport. Only people asking
                                                                      "How does it actually impact your viewing of the sport".
                                                                      No doubt, there are creeps out there (and possibly here) who are thinking that. I just haven't seen it expressed.

Because the PDC (darts) bosses have no influence over the NFL.
                                                                      The same way the F1 axed grid girls, but NASCAR and V8 have not yet done so.

Comment

I thought it was another nail tbh but its tough when your reading segments rather than the whole thing.

Shock and trauma means that people regularly have slightly different accounts each time questioned. They spot liars according to having perfect stories they can recite word for word each time according to my watching of police shows.

Tough to know if they will have enough to convict or not, proving consent or lack there of after the fact is really tough. Horrible case to,get picked for.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                          You're all about the long game. You spent weeks referring to the left as liberals, with increasing frequency. The last few days is replaced it entirely. All leading to the above. The claim that liberals have involved [sic] into conservatives.

I haven't seen anyone claim that losing the gird girls affects their viewing of the sport. Only people asking
                                                                          No doubt, there are creeps out there (and possibly here) who are thinking that. I just haven't seen it expressed.

Cheerleading is a sport in its own right in the states tho and is treated as closer to ballet or gymnastics than just standing in a podium. Will be a long time before it's axed and I think there has been a lot of times people have tried.

Completley different things imo.

Comment

You don't watch the darts do you?

Comment

Take it to PM guys.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                Cheerleading is a sport in its own right in the states tho and is treated as closer to ballet or gymnastics than just standing in a podium. Will be a long time before it's axed and I think there has been a lot of times people have tried.

Completely different things imo.
                                                                                I'm fully aware it's a competitive sport. Highest injury rate among varsity sport in the US I believe. Very tough on the body. It's ingrained in american culture and I agree isn't going anywhere. But whether it goes anywhere or not is irrelevant. You don't need to point of the (many) differences to highlight the nonsense in the above.

The F1 is a business, and made a business decision. The NFL is a completely separate business in a separate market, and will make their own business decision.

You don't watch the darts do you?
                                                                                I'll occasional watch the bigger events. Have a bet or two. Like most casuals.

What point are you trying to make here? even if I had never seen a dartboard in my life, the post above is no less accurate.

Comment

I'm fully aware it's a competitive sport. Highest injury rate among varsity sport in the US I believe. Very tough on the body. It's ingrained in american culture and I agree isn't going anywhere. But whether it goes anywhere or not is irrelevant. You don't need to point of the (many) differences to highlight the nonsense in the above.

The F1 is a business, and made a business decision. The NFL is a completely separate business in a separate market, and will make their own business decision.

I'll occasional watch the bigger events. Have a bet or two. Like most casuals.

What point are you trying to make here? even if I had never seen a dartboard in my life, the post above is no less accurate.

Comment

Apologies if posted already, copped her mentioned when skimming over todays topical discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                      Look into it m8,lowers you’re of winning if your 2 lines have a bunch of the same numbers
                                                                                      Yeah I get the concept of the lotto. But what wrongdoing you suspect kpmg of? That lotto make you get same numbers on your lines to lower chances and KPMG let it slide in audits?
                                                                                      Isn't lotto an accepted idiot tax anyway?
                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post

Apologies if posted already, copped her mentioned when skimming over todays topical discussion.
                                                                                        Can only imagine the up roar if a male presenter had a phrase I jizz lots.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                          ...Plus one of them is SATNAV, we like her...
                                                                                          Think the dating blog is long due an update.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                            None of that wil matter. Female judge on a rape case. The lads are fucked
                                                                                            Is that not a bit simplistic? Have you facts and figures percentages of men v women rape cases. It’s hard to know what way it will go unless you get to hear all the evidence. Even then if you were a juror and had to make a decision it might be a case of flipping a coin. Or if there is reasonable doubt do you say not guilty.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                              Think the dating blog is long due an update.
                                                                                              ...Will update Sunday, shouldn't take long lol...

Comment

Whats wrong now jack?
                                                                                                I thought you'd be delighted that the cheerleaders are back on stage at the darts, doesn't that indicate that maybe they stood up to the 'bullying by the liberal media' that you were so worried about. Cheerleaders, but no walk-on-girls seems a decent compromise on safety and keeping the mikebulloxes happy.

Maybe not everything in this world is an agenda, you know.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                  Whats wrong now jack?
                                                                                                  I thought you'd be delighted that the cheerleaders are back on stage at the darts, doesn't that indicate that maybe they stood up to the 'bullying by the liberal media' that you were so worried about. Cheerleaders, but no walk-on-girls seems a decent compromise on safety and keeping the mikebulloxes happy.

Maybe not everything in this world is an agenda, you know.
                                                                                                  Just more double standards how one job is deemed acceptable and one not. Delighted those ladies kept their jobs.

Comment

Irish Times fast becoming as extreme as the Guardian. The big issue of the day? Old James Bond movies. If the sexual Puritan movement could get the darts girls, grid girls and James Bond girls banned in one week I’m sure they would be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                      Can only imagine the up roar if a male presenter had a phrase I jizz lots.
                                                                                                      That's almost certainly from 9 out of 10 cats rather than countdown proper.
                                                                                                      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                                        That's almost certainly from 9 out of 10 cats rather than countdown proper.
                                                                                                        ...Nope, it was the proper countdown...

Comment

Jaysus, next they'll be telling us you can't drive home after a feed of pints

Comment

.

Jaysus, next they'll be telling us you can't drive home after a feed of pints Spuds
                                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

A simpler time. The referendum on divorce.

They only lost by 9000 votes 0.5% ... in 1995

Comment

...

Comment

Divorce rules being in the constitution is another sham and cop-out. Should remove anything to do with that too and legislate properly. Talk of another referendum to reduce that wait period from 4 years to 2 years. Still crazy long. Cowardly politicians not wanting to legislate properly where it might upset old people and the church.

Comment

Its mad the distance the country has come tbh. From fully backward (they were still covering up priest child abuse around then) to highly progressive in 20 years is quite remarkable.
                                                                                                                        please define highly progressive. moving forward yes, but you've come from so far back and still have a fair bit to go before you even reach a median line in Europe.

Comment

What's worse though - innocent men convicted or an alleged victim subjected to cross?

I don't know what the truth is. I suspect somewhere in the middle shade of grey though.
                                                                                                                          Considering the rate at which they're reported, the low conviction rate, and the ordeal for the victim I'd definitely be more worried about the latter.

It's a very one sided battle
                                                                                                                          DOZENS of people queued inside a Co Kerry courthouse yesterday to shake hands and sympathise with a man who was jailed for five…

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X