Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
    Can Zuroph make money from this incident?
    Consultant to the DisherWasher product communications Industry

How the fuck can you own a dishwasher and not know that
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      Consultant to the DisherWasher product communications Industry

How the fuck can you own a dishwasher and not know that
      Because presumably unlike you most people can’t be arsed reading the instruction manual of each appliance they own

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
        Because presumably unlike you most people can’t be arsed reading the instruction manual of each appliance they own
        That or maybe its to do with that I spent my youth selling, installing and fixing dishwashers.

Comment

That or maybe its to do with that I spent my youth selling, installing and fixing dishwashers.
          Well that hardly explains why the general population doesn’t know it!

Comment

Yeah was thinking about whacking that 7/2 at the weekend but wanted to sit down and look at it properly and never got around to it. 13/8 now.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
              I read an interesting article during the week on 538 where Silver reckoned that in situations where the pundits and 'smart' money (i.e. betting markets) say the polls are going to be wrong in one direction they almost always end up wrong in the other direction.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                    Yeah was thinking about whacking that 7/2 at the weekend but wanted to sit down and look at it properly and never got around to it. 13/8 now.
                    Anything 1.2 or better on it being carried is free money
                    Only risk is on it becoming about whatever the political football du Jour is in May.
                    It will be Ronan Mulllen, Steen and Mickey Mc StupidKerrymanJoke against everyone. Even the most backward Fianna Fail troglodytes will recognise how far off the mark they are on this one.
                    Last edited by Strewelpeter; 30-01-18, 13:27.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                      just on your last point.

This is not a presidential thing, he has that fear (or justification if you want to to slant it that way) years.
                      This was news from over 3 weeks ago, why bring it up now? that's 1.5 Mooches ago.
                      Pffft, I suggested a year and a half ago that this was the reason he ate well-done steaks and fast food.

Speaking of Trump, an American girl at a party at the weekend kept saying how Trump was a POS and a shit president.

After a while I just asked one or two questions "why do you think x" or "what's y based on"
                      She turned on me in front of everyone, demanding to know if I thought he was qualified to be president. I asked what did she mean by qualified, but she refused to answer and kept insisting I answer her question first.

Then went on a rant about how all his businesses have gone bankrupt (didn't know how many)
                      And how it was all his Dad's money anyway (asked how much he had inherited but she didn't know)

She attacked me then for defending Trump (hadn't done any such thing just had asked a couple of questions, I was getting the Cathy Newman treatment of "So you're saying...")

She changed tact at this point, doesn't matter if he's successful or effective or not, but what did I think of him morally? I said he's done some morally repugnant things. She got excited at this.

She leans in and asked me

"does arguing about politics make you horny?"
                      "erm, no, not particularly."
                      She grabbed my hand "this party's too loud, I much rather continue this argument in a quieter room"

I'd say Jack must be a modern day Casanova
                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 30-01-18, 14:14.

Comment

What s the preferred method of execution for these womb invaders these days ? At say 12 weeks what's the MO? I realise it's immaterial to most but asking for a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                          2. Have been growing my beard out for a month or so. Know I have to trim the moustache bit to above the lips to avoid a homeless look, but what do you do about the neckbeard part? (it's been a while since have let it all go wild). Shave to be above the Adam's apple? Maybe this question is best directed to Lao Lao who I kinda remember having the world's best beard from a pic he posted once. Unsure if it looks a bit poncy to be deliberately manicuring a supposedly wildman beard.
                          In an ideal world, I'd be all over the homesless look, except for the moustache bit as if that gets too long, you end up eating your own hair along with whatever food you are shovelling into your gob which can be annoying

For the balance, two things ensure that the beard is kept somewhat trimmed

A) Work
                          B) Mrs Lao Lao

B is probably a lot more prominent than A to be fair. The normal routine is that Mrs Lao Lao tells me that my beard is too long and scraggly and looks like a homeless person. I ignore her. Rinse and repeat this for several weeks (think 5 weeks of ignoring her after she starts nagging is my record) and I eventually start to think,

"hmmm, it's getting a bit wild isn't it. I love it, I love it when it's wild. I should never shave it, ever! Why would anybody want to shave it. Although, work may be a problem, can only get away with so much there, probably best to trim it a little bit, even a little trim will look like I've done soemthing with it and then everybody will be happy...

Mrs Lao Lao "Who are you talking to up there?"

Me "Nobody, I'm just trimming my beard"

Mrs Lao Lao "Sheesh, finally..."

I definetely don't manicure it. On the neck, once I get around to trimming it back, I would generally go clean shaven up to about an inch below the jaw line. The rest of the beard is just gentle trimming, getting rid of the scraggly hairs that stick out, that way, it helps to add a bit of depth to it as it grows. You can of course, trim it back more but each to their own.

Most important thing for me is to look after it. I use the below every day to wash it

This is a dual action beard shampoo and beard conditioner combo that will deep cleanse your beard, naturally, without stripping it of its natural oils like normal shampoo. Our beard wash will gently cleanse both facial hair and the sensitive skin underneath, leaving both beard and face clean, soft, manageab

And this would go in, not every day, but a few times a week

Comment

Pffft, I suggested a year and a half ago that this was the reason he ate well-done steaks and fast food.

Speaking of Trump, an American girl at a party at the weekend kept saying how Trump was a POS and a shit president.

After a while I just asked one or two questions "why do you think x" or "what's y based on"
                            She turned on me in front of everyone, demanding to know if I thought he was qualified to be president. I asked what did she mean by qualified, but she refused to answer and kept insisting I answer her question first.

Then went on a rant about how all his businesses have gone bankrupt (didn't know how many)
                            And how it was all his Dad's money anyway (asked how much he had inherited but she didn't know)

She attacked me then for defending Trump (hadn't done any such thing just had asked a couple of questions, I was getting the Cathy Newman treatment of "So you're saying...")

She changed tact at this point, doesn't matter if he's successful or effective or not, but what did I think of him morally? I said he's done some morally repugnant things. She got excited at this.

She grabbed my hand "this party's too loud, I much rather continue this argument in a quieter room"

That's the most roundabout humblebrag I think I've ever read
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I've had to start keeping my beard semi trimmed as deadpidgeon was swinging out of it
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Denny: literally fucking with liberals.

You'll get a Purple Heart for this.
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Now at this point. I extremely pissed off that I've no power. But I'm aware I haven't paid electricity in 5 months thanks to this mystery Asian person. But the money I'm saving is kinda offset by fridge and freezer full of food going to waste.
                                  Leave your freezer and fridge closed for a day and they will retain the food fine.

The thoughts of Hitch building up the courage to go into maccers and ask for ketchup and then handed one of those paper cup things fills me with joy.
                                  What does he do?
                                  Dutifully take it and insert some unnecessary condiment into the cup? Would he end up buying fries to cover the whole nasty charade? Anything else would surely give the game away he was just after free red sauce for magic tricks
                                  I can only imagine seeing as how awkward he finds the hairdressers. Come on Hitch, don't leave us hanging!

My bills were always in the name of John Aldridge and Terry Phelan when travelling
                                  I'm sure my reason was a little more nefarious
                                  You're all rookies. I have it in my ex-girlfriends name. Internet too.

TBF they don't really do anything. I left a place years ago and my house-not-mates didn't pay the final bill, account in my name. I wasn't going to pay their way, even with those fierce scary debt collection letters.
                                  Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 30-01-18, 14:49.

Comment

Fucking amazing

it gets better

Ads for impeachment during the the break while donors name are shown during the speech.

Anyone remember satire?

Comment

Comment

Zuroph on ray darcy
                                        "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                        "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Real heroes. Not actual size. Watch the brand-new trailer for Ant-Man and the Wasp. In theaters July 6th. ► Subscribe to Marvel: http://bit.ly/WeO3YJFollow M...

yay!

Comment

I like the sound dishwashers make but washing machines are king.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                              I like the sound dishwashers make but washing machines are king.
                                              Great if you are trying to get a child to sleep, strap the carrycot onto the top of it and away she spins. At worst the noise will drown out the crying

Comment

Great if you are trying to get a child to sleep, strap the carrycot onto the top of it and away she spins. At worst the noise will drown out the crying
                                                Yeah this is why to this day I enjoy the sound of them I think. I'm actually listening to a recording now.

Comment

Massive adjustment in the PP odds!!

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                    You are aware that none of us know what, of the thousands of markets PP cover, which one you're referring to?
                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                      I imagine they changed pretty quickly, opening prices were daft. It's still probably a fair bit closer than what the current odd are

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                        You are aware that none of us know what, of the thousands of markets PP cover, which one you're referring to?
                                                        Gonna go out on a limb and say it's the abortion referendum (that or something to do with Trump)

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                          Sorry yeah I should have specified. The abortion one.

Comment

Incredible stuff alleged in the rugby player rape trial up North. If they are found guilty rugby in Ireland is going to have to take a serious look at itself. It makes the noise around the drug cheat employed by Munster fade into oblivion.

If they were GAA or soccer players they would already by crucified via the media as would their sports. Incredible how much influence the rugby powers that be have.
                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Michael Bisping after saying he's not fighting on the upcoming London card. Hope that means they can put together Gunnar vs Till

Comment

No way Jack has your taste in shoes Denny. It’s a total package deal!

‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                  Hope that means they can put together Gunnar vs Till
                                                                  Was this not confirmed already?

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                                    Was this not confirmed already?
                                                                    Nope, John Kavanagh said they've been offered it but not a done deal (imagine of was there as backup because they were having trouble with Bisping)

Comment

Nope, John Kavanagh said they've been offered it but not a done deal (imagine of was there as backup because they were having trouble with Bisping)
                                                                      Till v Wonderboy is the plan apparently and unlikely Gunnar even gets on the London card at this stage according to his Da.

Comment

Till v Wonderboy is the plan apparently and unlikely Gunnar even gets on the London card at this stage according to his Da.
                                                                        That'll be a cracking fight. They'll need to announce something soon or that London card is looking pretty rough

Comment

Gomorrah series 3 starts on sky atlantic VIP at 9(all episodes available from tomorrow) also doc on Ben Bradlee at 9 on sky Atlantic
                                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

That'll be a cracking fight. They'll need to announce something soon or that London card is looking pretty rough
                                                                            They'll try rush Mike Perry or some similar loud mouth v Gunni and hope the Irish buy up loads of tickets in a week methinks.

I'd like that fight actually.

Comment

Shane, enjoyed that...anecdote (though I knew how it would end half way through)

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                              Incredible stuff alleged in the rugby player rape trial up North. If they are found guilty rugby in Ireland is going to have to take a serious look at itself. It makes the noise around the drug cheat employed by Munster fade into oblivion.

If they were GAA or soccer players they would already by crucified via the media as would their sports. Incredible how much influence the rugby powers that be have.
                                                                              Their whatsapp messages are poison, even if nothing untoward occurred.
                                                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

You displayed alpha qualities by not following the crowd.

Comment

Im constantly surprised by the correlations between powerful business types in Dublin and Rugby involvement.

The old school tie club is much bigger than I had thought

Comment

Somehow Monreal, Mustafi and Cech all manage to fuck up in a 5 second spell and gift Swansea a goal. Monreal the biggest culprit letting the ball go out for a throw in the first place. Fucking shocking as usual, sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                      Somehow Monreal, Mustafi and Cech all manage to fuck up in a 5 second spell and gift Swansea a goal. Monreal the biggest culprit letting the ball go out for a throw in the first place. Fucking shocking as usual, sigh.
                                                                                      Wenger fooking OUT!
                                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Is it too late for Aubemayang to back out of the deal he wonders?

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                          Wenger fooking OUT!
                                                                                          I can't get my head around his team selections for a long time now. Kolasinic must have pissed in Wenger's cornflakes, and i can't see what Iwobi has done to keep his place in this team week in and week out. Fuck off with your defensive midfield partnerships of Xhaka and Elneny. This is just horrible to watch.

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                          Is it too late for Aubemayang to back out of the deal he wonders?
                                                                                          Wouldn't surprise me at all. Giroud got a 15 minute run out too, which you wouldn't expect if he's going to be part of any deal. Arsenal will need to completely change their way of playing to fit him into the team, or else they will just starve him like they are doing with Lacazette.

Comment

Monreal the biggest culprit letting the ball go out for a throw in the first place. Fucking shocking as usual, sigh.
                                                                                            I dunno about that

Comment

I wonder is it more to do with the way the UK police enforce rules around publication of any details pre trial?

One way or the other I expect at the end of the day the meejia will overcompensate for their pre trial reticence
                                                                                              Last edited by Strewelpeter; 30-01-18, 21:53.

Comment

I dunno about that
                                                                                                https://imgtc.com/w/1eLGukO
                                                                                                100% Monreal's fuck up. He didn't need to let the ball go out of play under very little pressure, and then he puts Mustafi under pressure with the throw-in. Yeah Cech fucks up, but he shouldn't have been put in that position. Load of me balls. Possibly the worst Arsenal performance of the season, and that's saying something. I wouldn't rate one player over a 4 out of 10 in that game.

Comment

The media allowing the court to do its job without biasing the potential juror pool is not something to be upset about.

Comment

Im constantly surprised by the correlations between powerful business types in Dublin and Rugby involvement.

The old school tie club is much bigger than I had thought
                                                                                                    I saw Emmet's crowd were causing havoc in Donnybrook yesterday.

Comment

100% Monreal's fuck up. He didn't need to let the ball go out of play under very little pressure, and then he puts Mustafi under pressure with the throw-in. Yeah Cech fucks up, but he shouldn't have been put in that position. Load of me balls. Possibly the worst Arsenal performance of the season, and that's saying something. I wouldn't rate one player over a 4 out of 10 in that game.
                                                                                                      Why are they willing to let Giroud go? Quality back up imo. Are we really going to get him?

Comment

Did anyone else watch that show The Sinner with Jessica Biel ?

Never saw anything as half baked and confused and not in a Mr Robot Twin Peaks good way
                                                                                                        Its a whydunnit and there was just about enough engagement to keep you watching to see how it would turn out but WTF

SPOILER
                                                                                                        So we were told early on that Phoebe died two months after Cora dissappeared
                                                                                                        but then she turns up in the grave shaped piece of ground yer man stumbles across... oh yea, mushrooms
                                                                                                        But no one ever looked for her, not the parents, her doctors, her Aunt, Cora the cops no one GTFO

Comment

Why are they willing to let Giroud go? Quality back up imo. Are we really going to get him?
                                                                                                          Dortmund want a replacement and Chelsea won't let their 2nd striker go there on loan unless they get a back up.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                            Dortmund want a replacement and Chelsea won't let their 2nd striker go there on loan unless they get a back up.
                                                                                                            I know all that bit.

Heaps better than Llorente, Crouch, Barnes, Carroll and every other shit player we've been linked to. I don't get why Arsenal would let him go to Chelsea and do arsenal fans want rid?

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                              Leave your freezer and fridge closed for a day and they will retain the food fine.
                                                                                                              Sure, maybe it it was full of vegetables.
                                                                                                              My fridge is not so vegan friendly

Comment

Absolutely not, Giroud is horribly under rated imo, any chance ye might take Welbeck?? [emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                  Sure, maybe it it was full of vegetables.
                                                                                                                  My fridge is not so vegan friendly
                                                                                                                  Sometimes I forget about uncivilized people Meat is fucked in the fridge but things stay frozen for 24-48 hours in the freezer if left closed. Guess you'll have to take up salting.

Comment

...

Comment

Heh, 5live is sport?!
                                                                                                                      "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                                                                      "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                          Sometimes I forget about uncivilized people Meat is fucked in the fridge but things stay frozen for 24-48 hours in the freezer if left closed. Guess you'll have to take up salting.
                                                                                                                          Freezer should be fine. I'd say the meat and diary is for the bin. I'll be left with falafels, cauliflower, bok choy and mushrooms. I guess I'm a vegetarian now

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X