Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This could be a future quiz question.

Why did Mark Clattenburg halt the Saudi Arabian cup game between Al Feiha and Al-Fateh 5 minutes into extra time?

SPOILER
    The Muslim call to prayer

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Left him a note anyway:
      Written in some form of bodily fluid I hope.
      "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
      "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

I'd be interested to know how many posters here actually continued to play poker on a regular basis after the migration.
        8 years is a long time.

I'll count myself as one. Dice, FD. Who else?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
          I think ipb is blocked in his workplace, so probably got out of the habit of posting here. KevIRL not been too prolific the last year either.
          It may be time for a mutiny.
          2 kids under 3 and completing a Masters would account for me being MIA.

A lot of praying for Lazare also

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
            I'd be interested to know how many posters here actually continued to play poker on a regular basis after the migration.
            8 years is a long time.

I'll count myself as one. Dice, FD. Who else?
            One hand.

I'd count on.
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post

I miss you Kev.

We must do one of those Fri night beer pic offs some time in the late 20s. Pencil it in.

Comment

IPB fave husband of 'missing' Tina Satchwell on primetime tonight

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

oh dear Ardle o'hanlon, terrible acting. What am I missing ? Is it a comedy ?

Death in paradise

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                      Just reminded me of another story from around that time: that Danish kickstarter submarine dude's story turned very fcking freaky is the last week or two.
                      Yeah

Madsen has been charged with the murder and dismembering of Wall along with a charge of sexual assault without intercourse of a particularly dangerous nature, police said Tuesday.
                      leaves a lot to the imagination.
                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                        Working on this at the moment. Consensus is only a matter of time before he's done. Barry Cummins says the smell in his house was disgusting.

Comment

Last edited by Guest; 25-01-18, 22:23.

Comment

Trip report on the big day?

Presume The National tunes went down a storm?

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post

you have enough no need to bring mia into it

on another note rejoined SW have a stone to lose , 4 pound down in two weeks , dragged pudgy Mia along and she 6 down in two weeks ( " I will do better than you mam")
                              has her mothers competitive streak.fair play she flat to the mat preparing salads and veg with all meals . one freddo bar and velvet crunch crisps as her treat every day after school instead of 2 e in local shop.
                              lunch box , brown bread tuna sambo lettuce and cucumber, sliced apple, raw carrot , rice cakes v white ham roll , rice crispy bar, choc rice cake , lucozade sport .

1st yr in Sept, time to shift the puppy fat and learn how to home cook foods from fresh . no more Pizza or takeaways!

edit to say kids are free (11-15), they are not supposed to count syns just learn to swop the shit food to the good food and their weight loss or gain is not spoken of.
                              Last edited by SatNav; 26-01-18, 00:37.
                              Her sky-ness
                              © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

A big problem with childhood weight gain imo is that mad Irish idea that kids need to bring their own lunch. I think it's only in Ireland they do that? Seems to be such great benefits to having the kids main meal of the day designed by a dietician.

That lunch looks great, but sure how could you keep that up everyday.
                                  The child bringing the lunch to school is not the problem. It’s to much food and not enough activity it’s a simple thing. If you don’t use the same amount of calories you consume it means weight gain. Think the odd pizza takeaway etc is fine if the child is active. Snapchat and PlayStation are not activities.

Comment

Comment

To many irish kids would have a panic attack if fresh fish and vegetables were put in front of them. Jamie Oliver done a great show on the slop that was being churned out to kids in school in England. Ham and cheese posh count spam or smeat corn beef with added brain bones is all we got. I used to go home for dinner in school but to most this in not an option.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                        I miss you Kev.

We must do one of those Fri night beer pic offs some time in the late 20s. Pencil it in.
                                        I miss the random bannings, had a few lols over the last few months when FB had memory thing up about me being banned. Cricket bashing, the whole Horsegate affair etc. Twas fun!

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                        you have enough no need to bring mia into it

on another note rejoined SW have a stone to lose , 4 pound down in two weeks , dragged pudgy Mia along and she 6 down in two weeks ( " I will do better than you mam")
                                        has her mothers competitive streak.fair play she flat to the mat preparing salads and veg with all meals . one freddo bar and velvet crunch crisps as her treat every day after school instead of 2 e in local shop.
                                        lunch box , brown bread tuna sambo lettuce and cucumber, sliced apple, raw carrot , rice cakes v white ham roll , rice crispy bar, choc rice cake , lucozade sport .

1st yr in Sept, time to shift the puppy fat and learn how to home cook foods from fresh . no more Pizza or takeaways!

edit to say kids are free (11-15), they are not supposed to count syns just learn to swop the shit food to the good food and their weight loss or gain is not spoken of.
                                        That is great she doing that, a healthy diet is good for her and the good thing with SW you are not restricting her with no treats etc and it sounds like she has a fantastic selection from what you wrote.

When Lucie was to see a dietician a few years back because she was so underweight they would not allow her to stand on the scales at SW! We were asked to give her a high calorie diet to help bulk her up a bit and it went against SW!

I am doing it myself and weighing in each week. I am still part of my old classes FB group where we put up recipes and pictures. Been mad into the oat pancakes since I tried them. I want to shift more than I need to as I have a wedding in June I want to lose weight for plus I want to feel better about myself this year on the beach every week!

A big problem with childhood weight gain imo is that mad Irish idea that kids need to bring their own lunch. I think it's only in Ireland they do that? Seems to be such great benefits to having the kids main meal of the day designed by a dietician.

That lunch looks great, but sure how could you keep that up everyday.
                                        They don't get lunch made for them in the schools here. They are also very strict and there are NO treats. You can only give them water to drink as well. You must use a clear bottle so that they can see they are not sneaking in things. Even if it is a birthday, you can only send in totally plain fairy cakes or muffins.

Scotland is or was the same, we took our lunch to school. It was only if you were on benefits you got free school meals but you could buy a ticket. I used to love it when my mum couldn't be arsed making lunch and gave me the 50p for my 3 course lunch including pudding lol
                                        Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 26-01-18, 08:15.

Comment

Murica
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Murica
                                            Indeed
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Ah yeah but the suspect in the SUV was Brown so Duh!
                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Did my first PT session yesterday as part of the 8 week BF/weight challenge. Jesus, can barely walk today and was supposed to do another one.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                  Ah yeah but the suspect in the SUV was Brown so Duh!
                                                  There is no evidence this happened, this is an outrage baseless accusations of a heinous crime.....I've been told there was evidence that this all indeed happened, but so what. Nothing wrong with doing this thing.
                                                  Now, here is a car chase.

It will be completely unbelievable only is really fucking believable
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Speaking of dogs barking. Had an idea from reading the posts here. I brought my two dogs to work last night, tied them up next to where we were having lineout practice & competitions and then left them to bark non stop for 30 minutes while the players had to think, react and make decisions. they were not happy

Comment

Whatever about the whereabouts these days of Lloyd and Kev, I can confirm that Tylerdurden was seen in Cineworld Screen 9 on Wednesday the 17th for the 19:30 showing of Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.

He left to go to the bathroom before the film began .

Stay frosty Where was Tylerdurden fans.

Comment

Comment

click link-->translate--> read

Comment

Lol frogs,Nutella ffs

France has seen nothing like it: supermarket aisles of brawling customers throwing punches, pulling hair and shoving the elderly out of the way.

A decision by the Intermarché store chain to offer a hefty discount on jars of Nutella – France’s favourite chocolate spread – caused near riots in shops around the country.

Nutella campaigns in the US to be labeled a 'spread', not a 'topping'
                                                            Police were reportedly called as fights broke out among swarming customers grabbing 950g jars of Nutella reduced from €4.50 to €1.41, a 70% discount.

Comment

Why don’t large barbers give you a numbered ticket when you come in spend half the time trying to keep track of who is next.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                Why don’t large barbers give you a numbered ticket when you come in spend half the time trying to keep track of who is next.
                                                                All the Turkish barbers do.

Comment

All the Turkish barbers do.
                                                                  They use cut throats. Be careful out there Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                    Only place I've seen this happen is in Cuba.

Comment

Comment

Hate that. The guys waiting for a haircut form their own implied queuing system shuffling along seats etc as spaces become free, with slight nods to acknowledge that they know their space, but then some new guy comes in and you're left reliant on them also observing who is ahead of them or the whole internal system collapses.

As is widely known, the French are awful at this type of social decorum. Every single French person comes into every single French queuing system assuming they must be first in line unless it is pointedly told to them thats not the case. Made infinitely worse by the meakness of French servers who always ignore the evident queue and ask who's next rather than turning to the person first in the queue - allowing those bastard late arriver Frenchies who arrive assuming they're first to step forward with a satisfied look of 'that must be me'.
                                                                        That's exactly it! One rogue and the system is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Murica
                                                                          For anyone curious about how this story panned out:

Viewer discretion advised. SkyFOX shows the dramatic ending to a police chase that started in the west Valley and ended near Arizona State University's campu...
                                                                          "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                          "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Hate that. The guys waiting for a haircut form their own implied queuing system shuffling along seats etc as spaces become free, with slight nods to acknowledge that they know their space, but then some new guy comes in and you're left reliant on them also observing who is ahead of them or the whole internal system collapses.

As is widely known, the French are awful at this type of social decorum. Every single French person comes into every single French queuing system assuming they must be first in line unless it is pointedly told to them thats not the case. Made infinitely worse by the meakness of French servers who always ignore the evident queue and ask who's next rather than turning to the person first in the queue - allowing those bastard late arriver Frenchies who arrive assuming they're first to step forward with a satisfied look of 'that must be me'.
                                                                            That's like a rounders story, but without the drama.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                              Speaking of dogs barking. Had an idea from reading the posts here. I brought my two dogs to work last night, tied them up next to where we were having lineout practice & competitions and then left them to bark non stop for 30 minutes while the players had to think, react and make decisions. they were not happy
                                                                              Your dogs sound like cunts mate

Comment

Nerdtacular question...

Raspberry pi on a plane from England to Ireland, yes, no?

best way of going about it if yes?

Won't be able to power up, few cables missing

Thanks

Comment

This is easily rectified by telling said Frenchie to GTFO if he jumps the queue
                                                                                  Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                    Nerdtacular question...

Thanks
                                                                                    Just take it out and put it in a tray the same as you would a laptop and be ready to explain how its not a bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                      Nerdtacular question...

Thanks
                                                                                      What are you trying to do?

Just bringing it?
                                                                                      Sure yeah no problem

Comment

Just take it out and put it in a tray the same as you would a laptop and be ready to explain how its not a bomb.
                                                                                        Its literally a mobo
                                                                                        Tell them it's a graphics card or something

Comment

DP or anyone else. Anyone here use a NAS to record things from an iptv? I believe it is possible but haven't seen it useful guide.

Comment

Sanchez must have given the ball away upwards of 20 times so far this first half.

Think considering what a cunt he seems to be Arsenal have got a decent deal.

Comment

Filmed a flight I took to Sligo today with a 50 euro GoPro copy. Pointed it a bit askew but still the odd bit of nice footage.

Flight from EIWT to EISG in a Mooney M20J. Recorded with an Apeman action camera which was pointed a bit much towards the ceiling!Not bad for a first go :)Mu...

Comment

New Years Resolutions all ticked off.

Comment

Medical technology has come a long way in last 20 years but fuck me those mri machines still leave a lot to be desired. Was head first in one this evening for 40 mins and it took every mental trick and 1 vallium to get through it. Horrible experience even though I've done them many times.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                    Medical technology has come a long way in last 20 years but fuck me those mri machines still leave a lot to be desired. Was head first in one this evening for 40 mins and it took every mental trick and 1 vallium to get through it. Horrible experience even though I've done them many times.
                                                                                                    It took 40 minutes to locate a Kerryman's brain?

SPOILER
                                                                                                    Should have told 'em to put you in arseways.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                                      Sanchez must have given the ball away upwards of 20 times so far this first half.

Comment

It took 40 minutes to locate a Kerryman's brain?

SPOILER
                                                                                                        Should have told 'em to put you in arseways.
                                                                                                        Lol

Worse it was my heart. Obv not the big

Comment

Would give him 5/6 games to settle in. What things has he done to seem like a cunt seeing as he's only been at the club for a few days lol.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                            Would give him 5/6 games to settle in. What things has he done to seem like a cunt seeing as he's only been at the club for a few days lol.
                                                                                                            He existed before he moved to utd you know.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                              Filmed a flight I took to Sligo today with a 50 euro GoPro copy. Pointed it a bit askew but still the odd bit of nice footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQqr...ature=youtu.be
                                                                                                              What speed were you going when you took off? Looks like you were barely moving!

Giving the ball away has been standard for the past 12 months. He's not Iwobiesque, but a lot of moves break down because of him. I hope you don't get to see the genius side of him though

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                What speed were you going when you took off? Looks like you were barely moving!
                                                                                                                Just over 70 mph.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                  He existed before he moved to utd you know.
                                                                                                                  Yeah meant that he has new team mates, new ways of doing things so will need time to settle in

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQqr...ature=youtu.be
                                                                                                                    Nice one !

What are you using to edit ? Trying to teach myself Hitfilm express, steep curve, and thats just cutting...
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                                      When does the rebuild begin ?

This too shall pass.

Comment

Shootings at the national stadium (boxing) apparently ,this feud seems to be kicking off again

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                          Shooting at the national stadium (boxing) apparently ,this feud seems to be kicking off again
                                                                                                                          Once they're just taking each other out, fuck it

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X