Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dobby View Post
    Boojum seems to have gone downhill last few months. What say you?
    Well a food closure order from the Food Safety Authority wouldn't inspire confidence anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
      Well a food closure order from the Food Safety Authority wouldn't inspire confidence anyway...
      That was the food truck they had in Blanch for a weekend. Electrics failed and killed the water. That's what the food closure was for. They posted on Facebook about it straight away at the time. FSA gave them the day to sort it but whatever was wrong couldn't be fixed on site so they closed it down.

Mountain meet molehill

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
        I've heard this place is the best kebab in Dublin.

Oh just copped Boojun is Burritos, I'll leave it there anyway.
        Yeah have heard good things about that place. There's a "Dublin kebab club" page on Facebook that cream themselves over it but it's very biased. They absolutely slated Zaytoon a few weeks ago for putting too much lettuce on the kebab

Will have to try that place out at some stage tho. Another place I hear mentioned regularly is pasha

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
          Boojum seems to have gone downhill last few months. What say you?
          I get it every 2-3 weeks and still as good as ever IMO. I only ever get the Barbacoa Beef tbh.

Heard good things about that place Laz, will be checked out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
            I would say there is a huge middle ground on this one.

The middle ground are the ones who would approve abortion in cases of mothers life is at risk or fatel fetal abnormality. Abortion without any reason will be the issue to that middle ground.
            Do you think that the constitution is the appropriate place for stating whether abortion is allowed or not, and under what circumstances?

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
              I get it every 2-3 weeks and still as good as ever IMO. I only ever get the Barbacoa Beef tbh.

Heard good things about that place Laz, will be checked out soon.
              I haven't been for about a month now when I was going once every 2 weeks before. I'd have got the chilli and it was just full of grease a few times. Dunno what changed there but something good has. Heard they stopped making food on site and instead mass produced it elsewhere and delivered it to shops now, not sure if there's any truth to that though.

Comment

Booked the honeymoon last week and managed to negotiate a stop over in Vegas for 4 nights in May. I havnt been back in 10 years - is there anything new that’s an absolute must see?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Using MSG in homecooking is insane IMO
                    anything you are using it for can be done a hundred times better by mixing in a bit of well reduced homemade stock.
                    Its easy to make and freezes well so only needs to be done a few times a year. If you are stuck use this instead.
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                      Bombay Pantry in Rathmines used to be easily the most fantastic chicken tikka masala in the world until they started expanding. It's a sad thing to see but nearly inevitable when these small places start quickly expanding.
                      Yeah boojum really took off last year. Have 5 or 6 in Dublin now, 3 in Belfast, one each in Cork Galway and Limerick. Fair play to them but pity the quality has to take a hit

Comment

game on in Parc y Scarlets

Great entertainment,

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                          Booked the honeymoon last week and managed to negotiate a stop over in Vegas for 4 nights in May. I havnt been back in 10 years - is there anything new that’s an absolute must see?
                          Aria and Cosmo worth a visit. Secret cocktail in the Cosmo is good craic.

Post more.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                            game on in Parc y Scarlets

Great entertainment,
                            I’m just hoping Toulon can get a 4 try bonus point as I think they’ll lose by more than 7 and I’d like to see Saracens get squeezed out and Toulon get through as Saracens are capable of getting a win away in the quarters.
                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              Meant to answer this earlier. I think you'd be far off better letting him keep his money, setting him up on the relevant accounts, and then sending him the trades he is to make. Try to minimise the amount of cash moving between the two of you. He just pays you on the gains made and that's it. But he's making the actual decisions. It's not just about tax which could be a nightmare if you were selected for special audit, it's also - I think - at least a civil legal offence to manage someone's money without a licence from the central bank. Having him make the actual decisions, keeps you at reasonable arms length from the whole thing. Know you said he's a rich pal so he's unlikely to be bothered if there are losses, but seems much safer to keep some distance and just collect the loots on the gains.
                              That's interesting, i didn't realise that handling his money might be an offence. Will have to think about it, he turned up to dinner last night with a wad of 50s lol but we never got a chance to talk about it. Seems like a lot of hassle.

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                              Which shop do you use? Oriental Pantry on Moore st has to be the best around for stuff you wouldnt get in a regular supermarket, I dont think its ever let me down for some rare ingredient in a recipe.

Aromat seasoning is basically MSG? Makes anything tasty
                              Yeah Aromat has MSG, started selling as MSG had a bad name for no reason.

Asia Market on Drury Street is the best.

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                              Using MSG in homecooking is insane IMO
                              anything you are using it for can be done a hundred times better by mixing in a bit of well reduced homemade stock.
                              Its easy to make and freezes well so only needs to be done a few times a year. If you are stuck use this instead.
                              SP pushing the vegan agenda. That stuff is like crack, stick your hand in it and eat some. Nice even as a drink.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                Asian emporium at Abbey street luas stop surely gets the nod?

Strangley, their Mexican section which stocks all the Boojum sauce is the only reason I went in the first place.
                                2nd place. Oriental Pantry has the sauces too
                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                  Do you think that the constitution is the appropriate place for stating whether abortion is allowed or not, and under what circumstances?
                                  Yes I do.

Comment

I've been fantasizing about getting stuck into a 20 year old once I hit 40 last week...

SPOILER

It'll be washing down a t-bone steak, dauphinoise potatoes, fried mushrooms and some wilted spinach

Comment

That's a great wine.

Off for the biannual chefs table dinner tonight. Not sure I've been out for dinner since the last one!

Comment

Absinthe. The show as well as the drink
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Where might the discerning man about town pick up a decent bottle of meerlust?
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                            Where might the discerning man about town pick up a decent bottle of meerlust?
                                            The Corkscrew in Chatham St definitely stock it. Think they only have 2013 or 2014 in stock though which is a bit young to be drinking now. You'd be hard pressed to get anything pre '13 anywhere.

Comment

What a game of Rugby, wonderful stuff, I like Scarlets but man! Peterson deserves a result... then on the other hand Ashton
                                              Last edited by Strewelpeter; 20-01-18, 19:14.

Comment

That was excellent entertainment. Great result for the competition too!

Comment

Make sure to check out the strip, I managed not to first time there. I was only there three weeks tbf.
                                                  "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                  "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                    That was excellent entertainment. Great result for the competition too!
                                                    no done deals for tomorrow either. top 2 in each pool have to go all out for the BPs

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                      The Corkscrew in Chatham St definitely stock it. Think they only have 2013 or 2014 in stock though which is a bit young to be drinking now. You'd be hard pressed to get anything pre '13 anywhere.
                                                      Apart from my house obviously.
                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Mkhitaryan agrees Arsenal switch

Would rather Sanchez not go to Utd, but it's better than getting £25 that Arsenal won't spend! He should fit into the team well.

Comment

Miocic Vs Ngannou late tonight should be entertaining, but have a strong feeling it will not go the distance. Hopefully get more than one round in.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                            Miocic Vs Ngannou late tonight should be entertaining, but have a strong feeling it will not go the distance. Hopefully get more than one round in.
                                                            Can't see it going the distance either.

Bellator have Rory McDonald vs Douglas Lima tonight which should be a great fight. They also have rampage Jackson vs chapel sonnen which will be odd

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                              Apart from my house obviously.
                                                              My boss still has some 2006 Meerlust which he teases me with. Have never got the invite over for a glass or six yet though

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                Can't see it going the distance either.

Bellator have Rory McDonald vs Douglas Lima tonight which should be a great fight. They also have rampage Jackson vs chapel sonnen which will be odd
                                                                Hopefully get the answer on Ngannous fitness should the fight go longer than one and a half rounds. Longer the fight goes more you would have to favour Miocic, but one punch from Francis could see an end to the fight.
                                                                Not been this excited about a fight in a long time.

Is the bellator card on tv anywhere?

Comment

When Ross Lewis offers to buy you a drink and hands you the menu, what's the threshold for taking the piss?

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                    My boss still has some 2006 Meerlust which he teases me with. Have never got the invite over for a glass or six yet though
                                                                    Just checked. Have a few bottles of '09. Although the remaining Fusion V of the same year holds more appeal.

Arrange the next HHE trip to the Vintage Cafe and I'll save some for it.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                      When Ross Lewis offers to buy you a drink and hands you the menu, what's the threshold for taking the piss?
                                                                      You usually only get that when you save a fellow diner's life iirc.

Comment

You usually only get that when you save a fellow diner's life iirc.
                                                                        Not sure what we did to deserve it. Settled on a Barry Crockett for 30 bucks.

Comment

Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                            Mkhitaryan agrees Arsenal switch

Would rather Sanchez not go to Utd, but it's better than getting £25 that Arsenal won't spend! He should fit into the team well.
                                                                            If all this goes through yer still getting a top player. Never had much of a chance at United with players always hitting form to keep him out of the team and he was kinda mixed when he did play. I'm a fan of his so hope he does well at arsenal

Comment

Fair dues dobby, that Letterman Obama interview was class.

Obama is a man. Flawless.

I love how there was pretty much no mention of the idiot, just some subtle digs. You'd have to imagine him snapping watching it.
                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Serious throwback fighter on the card tonight - Gleison Tibau!

Back after his 2 years off for juicing...jaysis he looks awful

In fairness to him, he did beat Khabib but for horrible judging.

Comment

I love how there was pretty much no mention of the idiot, just some subtle digs. You'd have to imagine him snapping watching it
                                                                                  .
                                                                                  Lol. Herself said the exact same when we watched it. Dead right too

Comment

...

Comment

What's your best two player game for the uninitiated so far hitch?

Comment

I love how there was pretty much no mention of the idiot, just some subtle digs. You'd have to imagine him snapping watching it.
                                                                                        Took Obama's.job.
                                                                                        "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                                        "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                                                                                          Took Obama's.job.
                                                                                          Someone's gotta pick up the mic after it's dropped.
                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

This UFC Bellator clash is not ideal.

Comment

First round delivers

Comment

Cmon stipe,ufc head honchos getting dreamraped here,beautiful

Comment

...

Comment

Of all the combos, Saracens are the one side I'd like to avoid when the QFs are settled today. Hard to shake off how easily they won the thing last year.

Looking for Munster, Racing, La Rochelle and Ulster all to win please!

Comment

Of all the combos, Saracens are the one side I'd like to avoid when the QFs are settled today. Hard to shake off how easily they won the thing last year.

Looking for Munster, Racing, La Rochelle and Ulster all to win please!
                                                                                                      In 3 months time they will be a different team. I’d fancy Leinster to do them at home but still nothing is certain. No one is going to want to meet Scarlets either as they swing from the hip and are capable of anything. Much better competition than it has been for the last few years but maybe that’s green tinged bias.

4 French teams in the quarters and none of them looking great in fairness although injuries hurting Clermont.

Anyway roll on Munster and Ulster!
                                                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Munster game delayed to 4pm as pitch in bad shape, need to give it time to clear.

Comment

Munster game delayed to 4pm as pitch in bad shape, need to give it time to clear.
                                                                                                          Bad news for the nordies. Wasps won't be gone by kickoff in that game

Comment

Decent chance of it being abandoned altogether?

Comment

I'm in East Clare and there is a lot of water, every flat field under water.
                                                                                                              Heavy rain has just stopped .
                                                                                                              Would be surprised if they can't roll the pitch playable by 4

Comment

Under 45.5 points looks good if it’s going be a quagmire.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                                  Under 45.5 points looks good if it’s going be a quagmire.
                                                                                                                  yup, depends on how much they clear of it. And if it rains at all again.

Comment

Horrendous pitch in Leicester as well. No orange ball in Rugby?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                      Horrendous pitch in Leicester as well. No orange ball in Rugby?
                                                                                                                      Looks bizarre to not have one, makes it very difficult to track properly on the tv once the camera angle goes high.

Comment

I have an Amazon Fire TV Stick and have Perfect Player on it. Ace Sport and Ace Premium are no longer taking subscriptions. What's the best alternative IPTV provider?

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                                                          I have an Amazon Fire TV Stick and have Perfect Player on it. Ace Sport and Ace Premium are no longer taking subscriptions. What's the best alternative IPTV provider?
                                                                                                                          Mobdro is an old reliable but not great quality. Musutv works well for me on kodi on firestick. Actually saying that sky sports main event can go the odd time, i have mobdro as my safety net.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by eamonhonda; 21-01-18, 14:04.
                                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X