Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is this, a big quiz for a prize?

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
      Oh fuck off penguin! fml
      questions get a lot tougher. 2 winners out of 12k and $250 each for 15 minutes work. pretty good!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
        what is this, a big quiz for a prize?
        HQ live trivia App. cash prizes

use Shraaap as a referral

Comment

Chopped it!! Whoop whoop! Some good guessing!

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
            lol wp KevinK8 no doubt?

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
              That was you.. legend,

how many free lives can you use a game 1?

Comment

Cheers! Not sure about free lives.. I guessed them all correctly

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                  That was you.. legend,

how many free lives can you use a game 1?
                  only 1

Comment

Signed up with keanes code as I'll be pestering him with trading questions for degiro in the near future no doubt

My code is taraldarion

how often is it on?

Comment

Signed up with keanes code as I'll be pestering him with trading questions for degiro in the near future no doubt

My code is taraldarion

how often is it on?
                      twice a day i think 3pm ($500) and 8pm ($2000)

Comment

sorry psv

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                        They actually don't have to offer a choice at all. Generally they do and generally a passive equity option would be one of them but they don't have to.

This wouldn't be a JLT consultant via the ISME/Zurich pension scheme perhaps?

Zurich have passive funds available via Blackrock on their platform. (For example) However, Zurich make more money via their own funds which are all actively managed. Therefore they have an incentive to offer a restricted fund range where 99% of the people don't know any better and the employer isn't very engaged.

My employer offers a DC master trust with passive equity funds (and some active DGFs and blends) and 100% allocation etc but we explicitly charge for access (to the employer) and provide quarterly investment oversight, Trusteeship, audit, Annual report, statements, member counselling etc for the fee.

However, nobody is beating a path to our door as it doesn't provide commission (to pay us) and instead the employer has to explicitly pay for the service and the member gets the benefits through lower management fees and a better product over the long term with no conflicts of interest baked in.

This is the key issue with corporate pensions that the ultimate beneficiary isn't making the decision on the savings vehicle but is instead focused on just making the employer contributions and no more.

As for a "pensions consultant" not knowing you can get a 100% allocation PRSA
                        My mistake. Actually I had another look at the list he gave me and the euro/world Blackrock funds are on it

so he doesn't know what he's selling?

Comment

Irishquizboards.com taken?

Comment

Discovered that one of the products I made is in Blade Runner 2049, pretty sweet as I love the film so much. It's a secure ruggedized device mostly for military/intelligence agency and disaster relief communications so it even fits why it is there.

No idea how they got their hands on it but good to know it'll still be kicking around in 31 years. Thing with silver handle right of harrison ford:

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 10-01-18, 16:17.

Comment

No idea how they got their hands on it
                              Hollywood liberal vegans in bed with the Military Industrial Complex......we're though the looking glass here sheeple

Pretty sure that machine is what makes chemtrails.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                I got a €50 drone last week, flew it 3 or 4 times, crashed it a few times also but have been obsessed watching reviews on youtube. The footage these things capture is unreal.

I want to buy a proper one, either a Mavik or the Spark, someone convince me why i dont need it ?
                                Shiney.

This too shall pass.

Comment

Whats the app for the 8pm spin?

QUIZ coin taken yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                    Whats the app for the 8pm spin?

QUIZ coin taken yet?
                                    Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                    HQ live trivia App. cash prizes

use Shraaap as a referral

Comment

It's Shrap and not Sharp, mind blown.

Comment

Ama for the rugby heads

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                          sorry psv

My mistake. Actually I had another look at the list he gave me and the euro/world Blackrock funds are on it

so he doesn't know what he's selling?
                                          Lol. Clearly not.
                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

On train and lagged out on question 3.

GL GL

Comment

Any winners?

Comment

Just saw next game is at 9pm

Comment

Comment

Just registered there.

Got you an extra life Shrap

Someone had robbed my username though
                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

How long do you get to answer the question. 10 seconds?
                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Gave you the nod too shraaap. Was surprised Lazare was available
                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Just saw next game is at 9pm
                                                              It says next game is 2am on my app

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                It says next game is 2am on my app
                                                                It was 2 on mine but changed to 9

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                  How long do you get to answer the question. 10 seconds?
                                                                  Yup, 10 seconds

Comment

I got as far as Q6 that time. Got a free life from somebody, tyty

Comment

Sharon looks to have a dose of thrush...

Signed up and ref Shraap.

same sn as here.
                                                                      Last edited by oleras; 10-01-18, 21:05.
                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

It froze FFS. None till next week.

I am bowsknows if anyone would like to donate

Comment

Didnt work at all both games i tried. Fun idea tho
                                                                          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Froze for me that time as well

Comment

So, this new fad. You sign up and give your phone number. I read it's dodgy and glitchy as fuck. What's the experience so far? How do you claim winnings KK82? What transfer options do they have for receiving it?

Comment

froze on me....

no wonder there are only 300 left....cunts
                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Baby woke up and started crying in my arms at 8:59 lol.

Crashed out on the Jurassic park question anyway.

Good craic.

Comment

I’m out. Probably got charged a euro for the sms verifying code.

Comment

Feck
                                                                                      out question 11
                                                                                      knew 12

FFS
                                                                                      Should have had a life but a brainfarted Chris Pratt
                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Worked fine for me. Gutted. Knew most

Comment

I froze at the beginning.

Can't be the only one that went on a Google creep of Sharon after though.
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Shirly cant be charged to receive a text ?
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                              So, this new fad. You sign up and give your phone number. I read it's dodgy and glitchy as fuck. What's the experience so far? How do you claim winnings KK82? What transfer options do they have for receiving it?
                                                                                              You put a PayPal email, and they pay you there

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                  Shirly cant be charged to receive a text ?
                                                                                                  Maybe not, just feeling a bit peeved at the freeze.

Comment

Maybe not, just feeling a bit peeved at the freeze.
                                                                                                    Huge amount of people were complaining about the freeze on the chat. Looks like half the people got affected.

Comment

This is like the new Pokemon Go
                                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Pokemon went.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                          Lol. Clearly not.
                                                                                                          Good to know your competition.

Comment

Feel like I should be doing something for David Bowies 2nd anniversary

CONAN Highlight: The Thin White Duke was a frequent guest on "Late Night" and Conan picks some of his favorite moments.Subscribe to watch more Team Coco vide...
                                                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4d8...Q6wDZMtM7Ixio5
                                                                                                              Put on your red shoes and dance the blues*

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                Feck
                                                                                                                out question 11
                                                                                                                knew 12

FFS
                                                                                                                Should have had a life but a brainfarted Chris Pratt
                                                                                                                How many were left at that point?

Comment

Signed up and referenced strewelpeter.

Feel free to use fishdonk57 as a referee when signing up.

Comment

Signed up there used your referral, hope the extra life helps, don't think I can stay up till 2am for the next one. Anyone else signing up my referral is Pat Mustard
                                                                                                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4d8...Q6wDZMtM7Ixio5
                                                                                                                      The Bowie Festival was on all over Dublin from last Thursday until tonight. Looks like it will be an annual event

Comment

Just watched Three Billboards...

SPOILER
                                                                                                                        really dragged as a story once woody departed, very hit and miss in parts, some great acting but a weak story overall, had me in tears though, was it a great film and bad movie ?

Enjoyable, in a glad i watched it and don't feel robbed of 2 hours.
                                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Think was Shrapnel recommended it. I'd be a Del Toro fan but didn't know anything of this film until I read it here the other day. Really enjoyed it. TKs

Edit :-) forgot to mention film, "The Shape of Water".
                                                                                                                          Last edited by nicnicnic; 11-01-18, 01:09.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X