Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Channel 4's New Irish sitcom Derry Girls (first ep aired last night) got some great reviews, everywhere from the Guardian to the Belfast Telegraph to boards.ie.

Comment

What’s the point of buying Wolffs Trump book,all the juicy bits have been splashed at this stage

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
        What’s the point of buying Wolffs Trump book,all the juicy bits have been splashed at this stage
        To annoy Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
          Terror attack means an act of terrorism. All acts should be judged on their own basis. But saying all attacks are terrorism is incorrect, by definition.
          You missed my point. Also By your definition Sharks are terrorists

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Anyone with a go to fish taco recipe?
              airport, lol

Comment

Rick Stein has a fab programme on BBC traveling and eating his way down from SF to Baja and through Mexico, Plenty of fish taco inspiration there, recipe on BBC site too

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/f...ensenada_42309
                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  Fck. Was all set on the idea, but now getting far too many informed 'dont do it' opinions. A good few compliments on the BenQ though, so am a bit torn. Which is the benefit of all your feedback, thanks!, but it seemed like such a great idea and now my great plans are left in the dust

Might just track down whatever TV that looks like a good advance on the current 42inch and is in or around €1k and hope whatever tech has caught up with our demands in a few years.
                  I found the quality great when we were watching films etc on the projector. I thought it gave a whole cinema experience to it. We have used it plenty and even the little one wants to use it when we have our Friday "movie" nights.

Come the World Cup, the thing will be mounted on the balcony with the lads round for beers watching evening games no doubt.

Originally posted by aidankk View Post
                  There is no need for 4k in a projector at all for any screen under about 150". The differance in picture is just about noticeable but i promise you if you watch films a projector in a room that can go reasonably dark it is a different experaince than any TV.

All that said if you can afford a big oled they are the total dogs boll*x for more or less every kind of viewing.

I think you need to see a projector in action in a darkened room to be sure.
                  +1 on the end part.

I agree it is a totally different experience. I love it. I got it mainly for sports for Tony but have found we have used for movie watching. We used to have a large TV in our bedroom in Ireland. The new place in Malta means we couldn't do that, plus we got rid of 2 TV's when we moved. We now hang the screen from the wardrobe directly opposite the bed and watch away at it. It is class

Comment

V's house is the place to be if you've got the runs. Three people, five jacks. Jaysus.
                    Found the video of V with his EA

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                        Anyone with a go to fish taco recipe?
                        I haven't used it but i'm pretty sure Jamie Oliver has one

Comment

Whether it says more about me than I care to admit i Dont know but when I heard an asylum seeker from the middle East indescriminately stabbed and murderer one man, then stabbed another then attacked another with a fence post (this was the last attack btw) I immediately thought terrorist attack.

Similar to when I heard about the car ploughing into people on London bridge and in Barcelona.

Sure they were only driving a car ffs.

And I agree with some of what sickpuppy is saying about security. You can be sure he wouldn't have got into France or Germany and if he did he would have been observed until his application was processed.

Comment

Do people get much use out of surround sound setups? I have a good system boxed away at home, just didn't seem worth having so wires around the place.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                              Rick Stein has a fab programme on BBC traveling and eating his way down from SF to Baja and through Mexico, Plenty of fish taco inspiration there, recipe on BBC site too

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/f...ensenada_42309
                              That'll do nicely, cheers
                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                Channel 4's New Irish sitcom Derry Girls (first ep aired last night) got some great reviews, everywhere from the Guardian to the Belfast Telegraph to boards.ie.
                                Well that was great, easily the best 20 minutes I've wasted today or this week.
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I feel your pain Monsieur Bullocks. I do it on the rarest of ocassion - making a dodgy point and then refuse to concede, making madder and madder conjectures as the day wears on. (not that sharks are terrorists is a mad conjecture at all). The next stage, if memory serves, is to mentally decide that they are all incapable of rational thought, but you'll pretend to play along with their crazy ways all the while knowing in your own mind that they are a highly dodgy lot who symbolise everything that is wrong groupthink.
                                  Correct but also wrong.
                                  Karl Pilkington would get my very clear but also well disguised point

Btw Now the wimmin are getting man flu too ffs.

Anyway thanks for listening I feel lighter.

Comment

V's house is the place to be if you've got the runs. Three people, five jacks. Jaysus.
                                    Lol. We bought more house than we need but the smaller houses that were available needed much more renovating and were much worse relative value. Basically 70k extra got us a better energy rated house and an extra 80sqm. I couldn’t resist.

We are planning to get rid of one toilet but 4 toilets/bathrooms for 6 bedrooms and an office is about right. Ignoring the fact that there are only 3 of us living here!!

I often look at my garage and think “the apt we lived in before was no bigger than this”.

The really gas thing is our house is only a little over the average size for houses around here. It’s all one 500sqm mansion after another from what I can see. 350sqm is basically entry level stuff!
                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                      The really gas thing is our house is only a little over the average size for houses around here. It’s all one 500sqm mansion after another from what I can see. 350sqm is basically entry level stuff!
                                      A local auctioneer once famously described the area as being the Ballsbridge of Clane
                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                        A local auctioneer once famously described the area as being the Ballsbridge of Clane
                                        Lmao! I didn’t really notice until we fully settled here but the size of the houses is unreal.
                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Traveller van stops in Straffan and rolls down the window to ask a pedestrian "Here Boss, am I anywhere near Clane?" Man replies " No, you are a dirty knacker"
                                          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                            Lmao! I didn’t really notice until we fully settled here but the size of the houses is unreal.
                                            You could do door to door parenting and pensions advice
                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                              I think the fact he had no right to be here and had met the police but was allowed on his merry way is the most galling thing. What’s the point of a border immigration control etc? Being told sure make your way to Dublin to the immigration office is not good enough. I was in Lanzarote for 12 days over Christmas and only saw two beggars and very few black Africans even though it’s just across the water was a nice change from Dublin can’t go for a piss without some cunt asking for change or a cigarette.
                                              I feel like you were whitewashed. I've never been to any touristy part of Spain and not see a bunch of African immigrants selling things to tourists.

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                              Whether it says more about me than I care to admit i Dont know but when I heard an asylum seeker from the middle East indescriminately stabbed and murderer one man, then stabbed another then attacked another with a fence post (this was the last attack btw) I immediately thought terrorist attack.

Similar to when I heard about the car ploughing into people on London bridge and in Barcelona.
                                              Honestly, and I don't know what it says about me either, but if this happened in any major European city, or any city in England or France, possibly Germany, I'd have assumed terrorism.

But in Dundalk.
                                              And against a Japanese chap.
                                              and used a fence post.

I made the same assumption as Keane

Barcelona and London were different both in scale and intelligence from the outset.
                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Sure they were only driving a car ffs.

And I agree with some of what sickpuppy is saying about security. You can be sure he wouldn't have got into France or Germany and if he did he would have been observed until his application was processed.
                                                In this case he came in via the UK and NI. Are you in favour of getting rid of the common travel area?

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                  You could do door to door parenting and pensions advice
                                                  Let's wait until his kid starts talking. I used to think my kids were cute too.
                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I see Intel shares are back on the upswong after Amazon and Google confirmed my fake news diagnosis.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                      Well that was great, easily the best 20 minutes I've wasted today or this week.
                                                      I can't believe I got fooled into watching that shite.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                        In this case he came in via the UK and NI. Are you in favour of getting rid of the common travel area?
                                                        The obvious solution is that asylum seekers shouldn’t be able to just walk around unguarded without anyone even having got a background on the individual. Forgetting terrorism they could have previous for an array of other crimes. If this type of information isnt available extensive psychological tests should be performed as part of the asylum application given the sudden uptick in “mentally disturbed” carrying out mass attacks. Australia uses this model.

Comment

I can't believe I got fooled into watching that shite.
                                                          Know when you will be fullly life tilted I’ll see your name on a waiting list in the fitz. Was getting the train to Galway this morn and some poor soul got hit by a train in Sallins. Stuck in Hazelhatch for two hours so came back to Dublin. It was an obvious inconvenience but thinking of the depths of despair required to do that pales.

Comment

I think the fact he had no right to be here and had met the police but was allowed on his merry way is the most galling thing. What’s the point of a border immigration control etc? Being told sure make your way to Dublin to the immigration office is not good enough. I was in Lanzarote for 12 days over Christmas and only saw two beggars and very few black Africans even though it’s just across the water was a nice change from Dublin can’t go for a piss without some cunt asking for change or a cigarette.
                                                            so a camp maybe? just stick them all in there?

as for the bolded bit....

if you read that on WWN, it wouldnt seem out of place. fucks sake
                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                              The obvious solution is that asylum seekers shouldn’t be able to just walk around unguarded without anyone even having got a background on the individual. Forgetting terrorism they could have previous for an array of other crimes. If this type of information isnt available extensive psychological tests should be performed as part of the asylum application given the sudden uptick in “mentally disturbed” carrying out mass attacks. Australia uses this model.
                                                              How Australia treats refugees/asylum seekers isn't something to thrive for.
                                                              Which islands off the Irish coast should tent camps be erected so we can keep them there indefinitely?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                                How Australia treats refugees/asylum seekers isn't something to thrive for.
                                                                Which islands off the Irish coast should tent camps be erected so we can keep them there indefinitely?
                                                                Fuck then seeing as it’s proved the majority are chancers. Papua New Guinea is a tropical paradise. Any of the Aran islands few jobs for the locals. Australia’s policy has one good effect the messsage got through don’t bother trying guess what it worked .

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                  so a camp maybe? just stick them all in there?

as for the bolded bit....

if you read that on WWN, it wouldnt seem out of place. fucks sake
                                                                  Camp no thanks that needs policing.This costs money.

Comment

Fuck then seeing as it’s proved the majority are chancers. Papua New Guinea is a tropical paradise. Any of the Aran islands few jobs for the locals. Australia’s policy has one good effect the messsage got through don’t bother trying guess what it worked .
                                                                    Majority? I highly that has been proven.

A tropical paradise in looks only, so unless you have money and are not stuck in an overcrowded tent camp you're not enjoying it. Extremely high rates of rape on women of all ages too, homosexuality outlawed, sounds like paradise alright.

Comment

A tropical paradise in looks only, so unless you have money and are not stuck in an overcrowded tent camp you're not enjoying it. Extremely high rates of rape on women of all ages too, homosexuality outlawed, sounds like paradise alright.
                                                                      People seem to think because majority of terrorists are Muslim, it equals the majority of Muslims being terrorists. Most rapists are men should we all leave too?
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

People seem to think because majority of terrorists are Muslim, it equals the majority of Muslims being terrorists. Most rapists are men should we all leave too?
                                                                        Majority ?

Comment

I am tired of having to repeatedly say that Muslims are not terrorists. It is time we silence this Islamophobia with facts.

Comment

Australia owes these migrants refugees chancers nothing.

Comment

Course not but I'm pretty sure it was originally set up for Irish and English citizens only. I think it should be managed better .

Comment

Jumped off the Bitcoin train at $16.5k.

Comment

Australia owes these migrants refugees chancers nothing.
                                                                                  You do know that most "migrant refugee chancers" are not migrating by choice. Many are fleeing awful conditions in their home country and often have nowhere to go. They try to make a life for themselves somewhere else and then you have people wanting to chuck them in concentration camps for having the gall for wanting to try start a new life and try make a living for themselves and support their families. All because a tiny minority of them might commit a crime.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                    You do know that most "migrant refugee chancers" are not migrating by choice. Many are fleeing awful conditions in their home country and often have nowhere to go. They try to make a life for themselves somewhere else and then you have people wanting to chuck them in concentration camps for having the gall for wanting to try start a new life and try make a living for themselves and support their families. All because a tiny minority of them might commit a crime.
                                                                                    Of course it’s by choice are they frog marched at gun point? I don’t blame people for wanting to start a new life better them selves .

Comment

Course not but I'm pretty sure it was originally set up for Irish and English citizens only. I think it should be managed better .
                                                                                      Airports and ports in the Republic can do that. If someone can go to NI though then there is no way to do it without ridiculous border checks. Things like this are more likely as a result of the travel liberalisation policies in place, but they are not a reason to remove them.

Comment

Of course it’s by choice are they frog marched at gun point? I don’t blame people for wanting to start a new life better them selves .
                                                                                        A forced choice, not a free choice.

Comment

I'm sure this is a thing but I've only started doing it latley - Hot sauce (especially the boojum one) on a stir fry is beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                            I'm sure this is a thing but I've only started doing it latley - Hot sauce (especially the boojum one) on a stir fry is beautiful.
                                                                                            Hot sauce with Eggs Benedict. Delish.
                                                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                              Hot sauce with Eggs Benedict. Delish.
                                                                                              Sure goes with a lot to be fair.

Do you sub it for the hollandise or both? Eggs Benedict is perfect how it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                Sure goes with a lot to be fair.

Do you sub it for the hollandise or both? Eggs Benedict is perfect how it is.
                                                                                                Both.

Comment

Hot sauce on any eggs
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

God I'm looking forward to getting home tomorrow, Austria is a beautiful place. Skiing is not for me after getting 5 bad falls from very top of blue slope.
                                                                                                    Little tip for anyone going, don't buy a 6 day ski pass, I was lucky enough to get a refund of 500 quid ish as they wernt activated and swopped for a points pass ie pay as you go for alot less, like 60 quid for 150 points, each lift uses 5 /10 points.

Was an experience, but deffo would prefer a sun holiday. Mia had a great time and that was important. But also kinda wasn't mad on the skiing. Didn't help the rest that came with us were flying down black slopes on day 3 Inc the kids.

But hey another country marked off. An expensive hol but you gotta sample things in life

I feel I need a sun holiday next week I'm. That wrecked 🤣🤣
                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Fixed that for you eamo.

Hot sauce on any eggs replaces toothpaste
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                        Gorging on this song at the moment. It's absolute perfection....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkMx_OWRiHM
                                                                                                        Hope you're listening to the full album. Surprisingly short page on wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Valentine_(album)

Kentucky Avenue is almost certainly my favourite track

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

...

Comment

Didn't read any of the newspaper articles on the Trump book, so this is all new to me. Its a very good book. Really liking the way its written. Not sensationalist, even though the topic itself is sensationalist.
                                                                                                            Better than Hillary Clinton's book?

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                                Hope you're listening to the full album. Surprisingly short page on wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Valentine_(album)

Kentucky Avenue is almost certainly my favourite track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DXXHT8v52I
                                                                                                                I am, have it on repeat the last few weeks. Admittedly not a huge Waits fan, as in, I don't know more than a few songs. Blindboy recommended Blue Valentine on his podcast a few weeks back and I've been devouring it since.

What do you recommend I listen to next?
                                                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Turns out Google Play books came through. Thought I might have to wait a few days.

Comment

@Laz

Everything Loudon Wainwright.

see also "The samples of DJ Shadow on:http://alive-wolfgangfm.blogspot.com/From his album "Attempted Mustache" (1973)covered by Johnny Cash on "American Rec...
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                      @Laz

Everything Loudon Wainwright.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHeMhEB_uFE
                                                                                                                      Heard a lovely song of his before about his daughter, the name was ringing bells.

Will delve more good sir.
                                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                        Jumped off the Bitcoin train at $16.5k.
                                                                                                                        Nice, enjoy the new dozen pairs of bose headphones

I have a problem where buying is way more fun than selling.

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X