Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    No, he's definitely a fully paid up member of the alt-right. See the posts ranting about the mainstream media.
    Could be all part of it.

It's a development in the last 6 months or so, with no hints of it before as far as I know.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
      Could be all part of it.

It's a development in the last 6 months or so, with no hints of it before as far as I know.
      I bet he has a picture of Steve Bannon on his bedroom wall. And wears a MAGA cap.

Mind you, last time I saw New Approach, he was sporting one too.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I bet he has a picture of Steve Bannon on his bedroom wall. And wears a MAGA cap.

Mind you, last time I saw New Approach, he was sporting one too.
        Was it the translated into Russian version? Something I've meant to get.
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
          Was it the translated into Russian version? Something I've meant to get.
          Dom't think NA speaks Russian tbf

Comment

Really hoping what I had for the last 5 days was the flu, and not the mother of all hangovers. The one outlier was the feeling like I had a fever, but on measuring it, it never got above 36.5C.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              Yeah, its highly likely that this lad was trained by ISIS and shipped to England to stay there until his options ran out there at which time he should walk across the border to Ireland where he would try for asylum before launching a devastating terrorist attack with a knife and a fucking fencepost

Would you ever cop the fuck on.
              It was said in Court today they aren’t sure of his nationality. How can they rule out terrorism if they don’t even know where he is from.

Comment

The glossary from the HSE's page on flu is quite something https://www.hse.ie/eng/health/az/F/F...sonal-flu.html

Congested
                Congestion is an excess of fluid in part of the body, often causing a blockage.
                Vomiting
                Vomiting is when you bring up the contents of your stomach through your mouth.
                Lungs
                Lungs are a pair of organs in the chest that control breathing. They remove carbon dioxide from the blood and replace it with oxygen.

Comment

Its a pity that Trump is illiterate and will never read Wolff's book, instead he will digest it through the muddy lens of Fox news and the pitying stares of those around him.
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    Its a pity that Trump is illiterate and will never read Wolff's book, instead he will digest it through the muddy lens of Fox news and the pitying stares of those around him.
                    Have you ordered a copy? Was tempted to get the Hardback copy from Amazon for €19, though settled for the Google play option for €15, which is basically free 3 credit that I like to use up.

Comment

We have a cleaner twice a month. I tell the kid Daddy cleaned the house. He's always very impressed.

Comment

You're welcome.to come round to my gaff and bring the patented V PAIN anytime!
                        Lol. Little Miss V helps her Daddy wash the car, plugs it in to charge everyday, loads the washing machine and dishwasher (under supervision) and helps make the dinner (mainly seasoning and chopping veg a little). She’s only 2 but by the time she’s 4 she’ll be killing it. She gets very upset if she doesn’t get to do her jobs. I get her to help me set the fire at the weekends as well. Basic life skills tbh. I remember a guy in college telling me proudly he couldn’t cook. Once he saw the look of derision on my face he shut up pretty quickly. The kids in that article are just going to be pathetic entitled little fuckers. I couldn’t even share a house with them tbh if they were mine.

We don’t have a cleaner at the minute since we moved and the house was disorganized but it’s something we’ll be resolving soon. Still plenty of jobs to do even with a cleaner but it is nice to have someone to a regular deep clean so you can stay on top of the light stuff without much time being taken. But doing it the odd time yourself makes you appreciate it all the more and get of your ass to earn a decent living to afford some of the nicer things in life.
                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

The in-laws in Vermont have been told to stay in doors this weekend as the weather with the windchill is supposed to be -45F. That seems crazy to me. Like Day After Tomorrow movie level crazy. Imagine how much the boards weather forum would be creaming themselves with that sort of weather.
                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                            some of the nicer things in life.
                            Did you ever post any videos of your grass cutter in action? Apollogias if I'm mixing you up with someone else, or missed it.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                Did you ever post any videos of your grass cutter in action? Apollogias if I'm mixing you up with someone else, or missed it.
                                No I didn’t. We ended up getting our lawn dug up to redo the septic tank and installed a filter bed so that fucked up the automower installation. I’ll be reseeding the lawn this year and getting the automower back on the case and I’ll post a video then.

Here’s a user review video of the automower I have. My lawn needs some curating to get it into the same shape as this guys but I’ll get it there video .
                                Last edited by V for Vendetta; 04-01-18, 23:41.

Comment

Did I miss a SatNav ski update btw? Or did she go off the side of a red run?

Comment

Did I miss a SatNav ski update btw? Or did she go off the side of a red run?
                                    Not really an update but she posted at 15.05 today with a related video.

Comment

This guy is genius imo

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                        Think V4V was setting up a home cinema too.
                                        The research put me off the idea Hitch. A 65” LG OLED plus a good sound sytem seemed a much better family friendly solution. I haven’t pulled the trigger yet as we’re getting building work done this year ahead of kitting out the sitting room. Serious money pit this home ownership lark!

To get a similar quality of resolution on a projector is ~5k and you can get a lot of OLED tv for 3k and it’s more flexible.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                          Not really an update but she posted at 15.05 today with a related video.
                                          Ah brilliant!

Comment

I was always anti getting a cleaner in for some reason. Maybe it was because when we were younger we always had our jobs to do. I was the only boy and had three older sisters but I was taught how to do everything same as them, cook, clean, wash clothes, etc.

When I back packed around Oz in my mid 20's, I was amazed at the amount of people I met my age and older that couldn't operate a washing machine or cook the most basic of meals.

It was only when I was moving out of my house and leaving my Dad there on his own that I caved on a cleaner and got somebody in as he would struggle otherwise.

I resisted it with Mrs Lao Lao for ages too but eventually caved there also and to be honest it's great. Two/three hours a week for a relatively small amount and the place constantly maintains a certain level of cleanliness. We still have to do all the usual stuff like washing clothes, washing dinner crap, etc but it's a major plus.

That said, if/when kids come along, they'll be taught how to do everything. I look at it as imparting basic life skills.

Comment

The in-laws in Vermont have been told to stay in doors this weekend as the weather with the windchill is supposed to be -45F. That seems crazy to me. Like Day After Tomorrow movie level crazy. Imagine how much the boards weather forum would be creaming themselves with that sort of weather.
                                              Jaysus - we were half debating going skiing for the new year in Killington, VT there about 6 weeks ago

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                  It looks like we can no longer buy non-Ucits ETFs in Ireland.

Basically makes any type of index investing nonviable at the moment with the state of the revenue rules for EU based funds.

Probably should have read more of the information around Mifid II but didn't realise this would be an impact of it. Not sure where we go from here with investments.
                                                  Ah heyor I was just starting to look into this to invest on Degiro (and am clueless yet), what are the rules for EU ETFs and why are they different than US?

And wouldn't stopping the EU being able to buy these make them tank a bit? Or is it just Ireland?

Comment

Was down around -40C with wind chill here (Calgary) last week. For a whole week it was -28C and below. As long as you're not out too long and moving it's alright. Can still walk 20/25 minutes to work without turning into ice, eye lids stick when you blink and nose hair is frozen straight away. Some maniacs still went out for the NYE fireworks and I know a few who still skied. The air is dry here so that helps, not sure what it's like in Vermont.

Got a foot of snow too so there's nice mountains of slush everywhere now that refreezes every night. I should go brag on boards about the magic of waking up to it every day and walking on ice to work.
                                                    Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 05-01-18, 00:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                      Was down around -40C with wind chill here (Calgary) last week. For a whole week it was -28C and below. As long as you're not out too long and moving it's alright. Can still walk 20/25 minutes to work without turning into ice, eye lids stick when you blink and nose hair is frozen straight away. Some maniacs still went out for the NYE fireworks and I know a few who still skied. The air is dry here so that helps, not sure what it's like in Vermont.

Got a foot of snow too so there's nice mountains of slush everywhere now that refreezes every night. I should go brag on boards about the magic of waking up to it every day and walking on ice to work.
                                                      Lol.

Not to mention the amount of windscreen washing fluiid you go through the when it’s like this.

Spent an hour digging my car out of the snow on Sat as well.
                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Fck. Was all set on the idea, but now getting far too many informed 'dont do it' opinions. A good few compliments on the BenQ though, so am a bit torn. Which is the benefit of all your feedback, thanks!, but it seemed like such a great idea and now my great plans are left in the dust

Might just track down whatever TV that looks like a good advance on the current 42inch and is in or around €1k and hope whatever tech has caught up with our demands in a few years.
                                                        There is no need for 4k in a projector at all for any screen under about 150". The differance in picture is just about noticeable but i promise you if you watch films a projector in a room that can go reasonably dark it is a different experaince than any TV.

All that said if you can afford a big oled they are the total dogs boll*x for more or less every kind of viewing.

I think you need to see a projector in action in a darkened room to be sure.
                                                        sigpic
                                                        Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                          It was said in Court today they aren’t sure of his nationality. How can they rule out terrorism if they don’t even know where he is from.
                                                          The fact you think terrorism is defined by where somebody is from speaks volumes.
                                                          Last edited by Mellor; 05-01-18, 08:14.

Comment

No I didn’t. We ended up getting our lawn dug up to redo the septic tank and installed a filter bed so that fucked up the automower installation. I’ll be reseeding the lawn this year and getting the automower back on the case and I’ll post a video then.

Here’s a user review video of the automower I have. My lawn needs some curating to get it into the same shape as this guys but I’ll get it there video .
                                                            Rough prove for redoing the septic tank?

Am sale agreed on a house but the survey showed the septic tank to be an issue as it's an older house.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                              The fact you think terrorism is define by where somebody is from speaks volumes.
                                                              I didn’t say that though.

Comment

The fact you think terrorism is define by where somebody is from speaks volumes.
                                                                Scientific Fact

Comment

I didn’t say that though.
                                                                  You questioned how they could rule out terrorism, when they don't know where he is from. The obvious implication being; where somebody is from is a factor in categorising terrorism.

If they'd not what you meant, by all means clarify. But I honestly can't imagine what other point you were making.

Comment

Lol. Little Miss V helps her Daddy wash the car, plugs it in to charge everyday, loads the washing machine and dishwasher (under supervision) and helps make the dinner (mainly seasoning and chopping veg a little). She’s only 2 but by the time she’s 4 she’ll be killing it. She gets very upset if she doesn’t get to do her jobs. I get her to help me set the fire at the weekends as well. Basic life skills tbh. I remember a guy in college telling me proudly he couldn’t cook. Once he saw the look of derision on my face he shut up pretty quickly. The kids in that article are just going to be pathetic entitled little fuckers. I couldn’t even share a house with them tbh if they were mine.

We don’t have a cleaner at the minute since we moved and the house was disorganized but it’s something we’ll be resolving soon. Still plenty of jobs to do even with a cleaner but it is nice to have someone to a regular deep clean so you can stay on top of the light stuff without much time being taken. But doing it the odd time yourself makes you appreciate it all the more and get of your ass to earn a decent living to afford some of the nicer things in life.
                                                                    Kids booked in for the summer at Camp V.

Fees: worth it.

Comment

@tar - some info here

Fingers crossed they'll get it sorted out. Irish Times have an article explaining why this has come about also.

Comment

@tar - some info here

Fingers crossed they'll get it sorted out. Irish Times have an article explaining why this has come about also.

Comment

You questioned how they could rule out terrorism, when they don't know where he is from. The obvious implication being; where somebody is from is a factor in categorising terrorism.

If they'd not what you meant, by all means clarify. But I honestly can't imagine what other point you were making.
                                                                          Where someone is from is a fundamental of any case. So without that basic information how can they go beyond into ruling in or out anything. How can you rule out terrorism without having other basic facts in 24 hours from the event. Why such a rush??

Comment

He was shouting in court about how he isn't a Muslim, just like all those Isis guys.
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Have never used a cleaner, relatively proud at doing everything ourselves though maybe we're doing it wrong Could also be a different story with kids... House is also only slightly over 1,000 square foot so it's not like a sprawling mansion.

How much does a cleaner cost these days in Dublin?

Comment

Where someone is from is a fundamental of any case. So without that basic information how can they go beyond into ruling in or out anything. How can you rule out terrorism without having other basic facts in 24 hours from the event. Why such a rush??
                                                                                Basic personal information is import for legal records. But I don't see how it affects how the crime is categorised.
                                                                                How, in your opinion, is it fundamental? In what way specifically.

If he is from Egypt, what does that mean to the case. What about if he is from Syria? Or Lybia, or maybe Georgia. What's the implication of each?

I imagine they don't know his date of birth either. Do you think that's also info required to label it as terrorism?

Comment

Basic personal information is import for legal records. But I don't see how it affects how the crime is categorised.
                                                                                  How, in your opinion, is it fundamental? In what way specifically.

If he is from Egypt, what does that mean to the case. What about if he is from Syria? Or Lybia, or maybe Georgia. What's the implication of each?

I imagine they don't know his date of birth either. Do you think that's also info required to label it as terrorism?
                                                                                  Knowing where someone is from will allow them source his previous criminal records, family ties, associations, background facts all essential to establishing If someone is a terrorist or not. Date of birth would be important to again in establishing these facts as often these records will be associated with a date of birth and of course if they can put him on trial as an adult.

Comment

What about the attack suggests it's terror related? Just that he's not Irish?
                                                                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 05-01-18, 09:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                                                                      Rough prove for redoing the septic tank?

Am sale agreed on a house but the survey showed the septic tank to be an issue as it's an older house.
                                                                                      The septic tank wasn’t the expensive bit, it was creating the filter bed which was a 100m2 hole in the ground filled with various layers etc. Cost was 13k in total and I believe we can claim some back so ~10k net. Our house has 5 toilets and 3 showers and is built on clay that simply does not suit drainage. Your mileage may therefore vary and be a lot less.

The approx cost was reflected in what we were prepared to pay for the house but the delay in getting someone reliable to do the work fucked up my automower zoning because the buried guide wires got cut.
                                                                                      Last edited by V for Vendetta; 05-01-18, 09:37.

Comment

Kids booked in for the summer at Camp V.

Fees: worth it.
                                                                                        There’s room at the inn and work to be done!

Comment

All attacks are terror related. Now what yer looking for here is a political or religious motivated attack. So seen as it was Dundalk my guess was he was a loyalist spy and the Jap was from Tallaght.

Comment

One last plug for the Multi Sport Competition, test your knowledge and tactical skill against fellow IPBers over a variety of sporting events from the FIFA World Cup to the WWE Royal Rumble.

8 entries received so far so looking like a good pot.
                                                                                            36 hours left to get an entry in so time is fast running out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                              All attacks are terror related. Now what yer looking for here is a political or religious motivated attack. So seen as it was Dundalk my guess was he was a loyalist spy and the Jap was from Tallaght.
                                                                                              I know you're half tongue in cheek but this is a good point really.

I suspect there are loads of people out there who if given the choice between €100M put into a Garda taskforce focused on terrorism (not to say brown people) versus one focused on putting all the Kinehan etc thugs behind bars would pick the former without blinking.

There's just something somehow more galling about being killed by a brown guy over a sky fairy (ostensibly) than there is about being killed by an inner city gangster because you happen to be near to where heroin-related business is going on.

My first reaction when I heard the haphazard nature of this particular attack was that it's probably a young fella who is mentally ill. I know it's crass to speculate but judging by what's been said around his court appearance that seems to be the case.

As Ehonda says shouting 'I'm no gay I'm no Muslim' is hardly the standard ISIS modus operandi. There's been a fairly nauseating unmasking of a strong desire for terrorist attacks to happen in Ireland in the reaction to this.
                                                                                              Last edited by Keane; 05-01-18, 10:22.

Comment

Waterford Whispers take on the jack90210 type of response is very good.

Dundalk Stabbings: What Some Lad In The Comment Section Knows So Far
                                                                                                THE AFTERMATH of the murder of a 24-year-old Japanese national along with the stabbing of two other men has seen gardaí launch an intensive investigation into the exact details and motive of the perpetrator, who …

Comment

All attacks are terror related. Now what yer looking for here is a political or religious motivated attack.
                                                                                                  I know you're talking the mickey. But they aren't, not in the context of terror-attack. The second sentence is essentially the definition.

I suspect there are loads of people out there who if given the choice between €100M put into a Garda taskforce focused on terrorism (not to say brown people) versus one focused on putting all the Kinehan etc thugs behind bars would pick the former without blinking.

There's just something somehow more galling about being killed by a brown guy over a sky fairy (ostensibly) than there is about being killed by an inner city gangster because you happen to be near to where heroin-related business is going on.
                                                                                                  I imagine you're right and that would could terrorism over drug related. But I suppose that's because terrorism elicits a much stronger emotional response. 10 drug dealers/junkies get taken out over a year and nobody gives a shit. One its in dribs and drabs, instead on 10 people copping it at once in a cafe. But it's also because somebody reading their morning paper in a cafe, or on the bus, or work empathises because that could have been their cafe/bus/office attacked. The guy popped down the road over drugs doesn't elicit the same reaction as most people aren't drug dealers/users themselves.

Comment

I think the fact he had no right to be here and had met the police but was allowed on his merry way is the most galling thing. What’s the point of a border immigration control etc? Being told sure make your way to Dublin to the immigration office is not good enough. I was in Lanzarote for 12 days over Christmas and only saw two beggars and very few black Africans even though it’s just across the water was a nice change from Dublin can’t go for a piss without some cunt asking for change or a cigarette.

Comment

7.5 hours flying for a net zero displacement.

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Comment

Not taking the Mick. Valid point made. Semantics Mellor but for you I'll add . All attacks of this type are terror . The cause is immaterial to the fact . The labelling of it into biased buckets is where real problem lies . Every attack should be judged on it's own fucked up agenda. The word terror is hijacked by the media to assign buckets.
                                                                                                        Semantics I know but a junkie stabbing SP in the eyeball with a pliars as he didn't like being judged is a terror attack .

Comment

I know you're talking the mickey. But they aren't, not in the context of terror-attack. The second sentence is essentially the definition.

I imagine you're right and that would could terrorism over drug related. But I suppose that's because terrorism elicits a much stronger emotional response. 10 drug dealers/junkies get taken out over a year and nobody gives a shit. One its in dribs and drabs, instead on 10 people copping it at once in a cafe. But it's also because somebody reading their morning paper in a cafe, or on the bus, or work empathises because that could have been their cafe/bus/office attacked. The guy popped down the road over drugs doesn't elicit the same reaction as most people aren't drug dealers/users themselves.
                                                                                                          Just to clarify, I'm more talking about the multiple cases in which innocent bystanders have been injured or killed as collateral damage in gangland attacks in Ireland in the last couple of years, in addition to the body count of those actually involved - not to mention the fear (not to say terror for semantic reasons) inculcated in those who happen to live in areas these incidents have taken place.

Comment

...

Comment

Just to clarify, I'm more talking about the multiple cases in which innocent bystanders have been injured or killed as collateral damage in gangland attacks in Ireland in the last couple of years, in addition to the body count of those actually involved - not to mention the fear (not to say terror for semantic reasons) inculcated in those who happen to live in areas these incidents have taken place.
                                                                                                              I would always associate terrorism with being mainly for political capital rather than the criminal\actual capital of gangland wars. While drugs can be political and terrorists out for profit it is the broad strokes separation.

Also making sure people can distinguish between terrorism from terrifying is important. I think that "terror attacks in" while catchier has much less weight than "terrorist attack on" perhaps intentionally by the press but it seems like weaker language to me.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                                  I would always associate terrorism with being mainly for political capital rather than the criminal\actual capital of gangland wars. While drugs can be political and terrorists out for profit it is the broad strokes separation.

Also making sure people can distinguish between terrorism from terrifying is important. I think that "terror attacks in" while catchier has much less weight than "terrorist attack on" perhaps intentionally by the press but it seems like weaker language to me.
                                                                                                                  I don't mean to suggest gangland attacks should/do fall under the political definition of 'terrorism' at all.

I'm not really trying to argue over the definition of terrorism.

Although having said that, the idea that we have to make sure people can distinguish between terrorism and terrifying highlights that 'terrorism' is a stupid way of describing a particular flavour of terrifying attack.

Comment

Off topic a bit, but I'd say it'll become clear fairly soon that severe mental illness was the cause of this attack. The fact that terrorism has been discounted and there's no obvious criminal motive, makes that fully odds on.
                                                                                                                    He was swinging a fence post at people. You'd have to have a very strong prior view to think it was ever terrorism.

Comment

Not taking the Mick. Valid point made. Semantics Mellor but for you I'll add . All attacks of this type are terror . The cause is immaterial to the fact.
                                                                                                                      Terror attack means an act of terrorism. All acts should be judged on their own basis. But saying all attacks are terrorism is incorrect, by definition.

Comment

...

Comment

The viper is currently the only decent irish comedian

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X