Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    Got stuck on the MMA one, can't even figure out who the runners and riders are and attempts at research make me despair for the future of humanity

Can't even figure out if current champ is a fav or a non runner , oddschecker and PP not really helping me... anyone able to point me at a relevant market
    Men's middle weight champ is Robert Whittaker (was promoted from interim champ when George St Pierre recently vacated main belt having beaten michael bisping)

He's fighting Luke Rockhold next month and is the favourite:

After that the current top 10 ranked middleweights are:

1 Yoel Romero
    2 Luke Rockhold
    3 Jacare Souza
    4 Georges St-Pierre
    5 Chris Weidman
    6 Kelvin Gastelum
    7 Michael Bisping
    8 Derek Brunson
    9 Anderson Silva
    10 David Branch

Who finishes the year as champ is a tough one but would probably stick with Whittaker.

Whittaker has beaten number 1, 3, and 8 on the list in the last year or so.
    Number 4 likely won't fight again for the belt, neither will number 7 (retirement fight expected in March).

Number 5 is a former champ but he's only had one recent win after a 3 flight losing streak. Might get a shot if he smashes someone impressively in the first half of the year

Number 6 lost his last fight to number 5 so won't get a shot this year imo

Number 9 has close to no chance of fighting for a title this year due to a failed drugs test.

Number 10 lost to number 2 so would need to string together a few wins to get a shot this year which seems unlikely

Number 8 is on a 2 fight win streak and is about to fight number 3. So if he wins that he'll get a fight against another top 5 fighter which might lead to a title shot but think number 3 wins that

EDIT: Just to add that I do think Whittaker wins his fight next month but Rockhold is the other best fighter in the division by a long stretch imo so would have whittaker closer to a 5/6 shot rather than a 1/2 shot that some sites have him
    Last edited by Ed; 04-01-18, 11:16.

Comment

Got stuck on the MMA one, can't even figure out who the runners and riders are and attempts at research make me despair for the future of humanity

Can't even figure out if current champ is a fav or a non runner , oddschecker and PP not really helping me... anyone able to point me at a relevant market
      If i was playing, i'd go with the champ Robert Whittaker.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
        Anyone see Molly’s Game? Looks like it could be good
        This was v enjoyable - well over two hours and it flew.

I’d assume the girl wasn’t as ‘clean’ as she was made out to be though surely

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
          https://bezop.io/app/?ref=4bb9da05a8...77435e4cf612fa

New ico being touted.
          Free tokens for signing up
          why does it need an ether wallet address?

Comment

https://bezop.io/app/?ref=4bb9da05a8...77435e4cf612fa

New ico being touted.
            Free tokens for signing up
            how do you get the free ones? just set it up but no mention of free ones

Comment

Guessing i won't be the only one that chose Robert Whittaker then!

See the fun you guys had breaking down. Just do it for another 39 events, PM to AJ and you have a 12 month long sweat on a number of sports. Think of the amount of sports you can now have an interest in for a measly 40e. You'd be crazy not to!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

So an Egyptian asylum seeker with no legal status in this country mutters an innocent Japanese man on irish soil and the authorities and the suthorities know nothing of how he got here, why he chose Ireland how he was supporting himself financially, the only info seems he seemed nice when talking to Gardaí recently. Are we supposed to have faith in the department of justice seriously? This was a post in the journal what’s the point of borders if this shit is allowed. That mans parents are coming over from Japan to bring his corpse home how can undocumented people we know nothing about be allowed roam the streets bring on the hard border to fuck if it keeps more of these cunts out. Happy new year

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                    So an Egyptian asylum seeker with no legal status in this country mutters an innocent Japanese man on irish soil and the authorities and the suthorities know nothing of how he got here, why he chose Ireland how he was supporting himself financially, the only info seems he seemed nice when talking to Gardaí recently. Are we supposed to have faith in the department of justice seriously? This was a post in the journal what’s the point of borders if this shit is allowed. That mans parents are coming over from Japan to bring his corpse home how can undocumented people we know nothing about be allowed roam the streets bring on the hard border to fuck if it keeps more of these cunts out. Happy new year
                    Well said. It’s been totally swept under the carpet as quickly as possible by the media too.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                      Well said. It’s been totally swept under the carpet as quickly as possible by the media too.
                      who hasn't covered the story?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                        who hasn't covered the story?
                        It’s about how it’s covered.

Irish Times more interested in men wearing dresses than posing any serious comments on the issues this horrendous mass attack presents.

Comment

Comment

Irish Times more interested in men wearing dresses than posing any serious comments on the issues this horrendous mass attack presents.
                            How much reporting do knife attacks normally get?

Comment

On a completely unrelated note, we've places that cater to vegans/vegetarians/celiacs/

How long before low sugar/sugar free menus are a regular thing?

Comment

I'm extremely impressed with my ability to type 2018 on all correspondance already, with us only being 4 days into the new year. Normally, we're well into Februaury and I'm still typing last year anytime I update a date.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                  I'm extremely impressed with my ability to type 2018 on all correspondance already, with us only being 4 days into the new year. Normally, we're well into Februaury and I'm still typing last year anytime I update a date.
                                  looks like it's been replaced by your inability to spell "correspondence" correctly. Hopefully that gets sorted by February 2018

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                    looks like it's been replaced by your inability to spell "correspondence" correctly. Hopefully that gets sorted by February 2018

I actually spelled impressed wrong and then Ninja edited it, missed correspondence!

Comment

I actually spelled impressed wrong and then Ninja edited it, missed correspondence!
                                      Won't mention February then...

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                        On a completely unrelated note, we've places that cater to vegans/vegetarians/celiacs/

How long before low sugar/sugar free menus are a regular thing?
                                        The Vegans have the market for unappealing tasteless punishment food all sewn up
                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                          why does it need an ether wallet address?
                                          I believe that is if you what to invest in ICO...not necessary

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                          how do you get the free ones? just set it up but no mention of free ones
                                          Will be coming afaik.

info here
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                              Won't mention February then...
                                              Apparently us simple men folk can only do numbers or letters properly, not both

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                How he got here is clear to anyone how has spent 2 minutes looking into this rather than frothing at the mouth.
                                                Asylum to UK which was denied...while appealing he was free to travel anywhere in UK, went to NI....from NI to Dundalk as per common travel area.
                                                For him not to be able to do this, UK would need to police there own internal borders and we would need a hard border with the north regardless of any brexit deals or whathaveyou.
                                                Or anyone applying asylum should be immediately shipped onto a boat ready to go 24 hours a day, not appeal off you go.
                                                He had talked to the guards told to register in Dublin, as I'm sure happens dozens of times a week around the country.

Bollox

An absolute pile of bollox
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Comment

This was better than skiing! Some crack. Myself and mia had two light plastic things looked like bin tops, two handles on them, went off for a 20 min walk to this place. Jesus I never stopped laughing.
                                                    Thought I was gonna end up Slamming into the car lol

http://youtu.be/tuDQx-cwMjM
                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Son’s band doing a gig tomorrow night if anyone’s looking for a few hours of rock in fibber mcgees
                                                      Bands name is silverbird

Last minute gig announcement!!! We'll be playing this Friday in Fibbers. We'll be doing a full Thin Lizzy set in honour of Phil Lynott around his Anniversary. More of this to come! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBfxA0l304k

Comment

This guy is gold. He gives scammers remote access to his virtual machine and watches them trying to hack it and scam him. His voice can be a bit annoying at times, but really pisses off the Indian 'Tech Support'

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Wilshere
                                                          New year, new me: Wilshere credits radical change in diet for improved performances

http://www.the42.ie/jack-wilshere-ne...81620-Jan2018/
                                                          or drugs.
                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I see it's currently the lead story again at independent.ie, irishtimes.ie and the journal.ie.

I suppose I could try and explain how a story like this would be treated in a newsroom, and treated by the guards (including how much info they can release, how much they know, how much they want to release etc...) and how long it's cycle is likely to be (check out how much comment this get at the weekend) but sure y'know... minor details getting in the way of some old fashioned prejudice and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                              I see it's currently the lead story again at independent.ie, irishtimes.ie and the journal.ie.

I suppose I could try and explain how a story like this would be treated in a newsroom, and treated by the guards (including how much info they can release, how much they know, how much they want to release etc...) and how long it's cycle is likely to be (check out how much comment this get at the weekend) but sure y'know... minor details getting in the way of some old fashioned prejudice and all that.
                                                              Yeah they are all over it now that the predictable line of “it’s not terror related” is rolled out.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                This guy is gold. He gives scammers remote access to his virtual machine and watches them trying to hack it and scam him. His voice can be a bit annoying at times, but really pisses off the Indian 'Tech Support'

https://www.twitch.tv/kitboga/clips
                                                                About 5/6 months ago, we were getting loads of the calls in work with them pretending to be from Microsoft. We were all told to just hang up on them but one day I decided to have a bit of fun with them and responded with 'That's great that you rang, I've been having loads of problems with my PC lately'

Spent a good 30 minutes trolling him by not being able to find any of the things on the PC/screen he told me to look for/click on before saying

'Ah, I see the problem now. The computer isn't turned on'

He actually lost it and asked me was I stupid to which I replied,

'I'm not stupid mate but I've wasted 30 minutes of your time that you could have been scamming some poor sod ya cunt'

I could almost hear the steam coming out of his ears before he started shouting 'Your mother's a slut' repeatedly

Didn't get many calls after that and then they just stopped altogether.

Fun times!

Comment

t hear the steam coming out of his ears before he started shouting 'Your mother's a slut' repeatedly

Didn't get many calls after that and then they just stopped altogether.

Fun times!
                                                                  They are always calling my Da and he used to take the piss out of them and it was harmless because he doesn't even have a computer but I was starting to worry that he was engaging a bit too much with them and it wouldn't be long before they started looking for card numbers etc. One day I took the call and had a little chat with yer man about the finer points of what a low life scumbag he was stealing from vulnerable old people, he launched into an absolutely venomous attack on 'You fucking Irish' and the likes but it was also enough to get us off their call list afaik there hasn't been another call since.

Comment

Yeah they are all over it now that the predictable line of “it’s not terror related” is rolled out.
                                                                    what exactly is the end goal here?

Instead of just dog whistling, just say what you are trying to insinuate, or at least what we think you are insinuating.

Is it as ugly and bare faced as he's one of *them* , fuck him out?
                                                                    How exactly is this different to a irish/english/polish/american bloke killing someone?

It seems, and I'm sure this is wrong or you'd come across as an awful cunt, that you would be over the moon if this was a terror attack as it would vindicate your prejudice.

Now, I'm sure the fact that this was done on a fairly empty street and not on a main thoroughfare and the fact that usually groups aren't long about claiming responsibility or that the perpetrators themselves aren't shy about letting everyone know they are doing allah's will is just really convenient to the media as part of their cover up ....

Comment

Yeah, its highly likely that this lad was trained by ISIS and shipped to England to stay there until his options ran out there at which time he should walk across the border to Ireland where he would try for asylum before launching a devastating terrorist attack with a knife and a fucking fencepost

Would you ever cop the fuck on.

Comment

Ah jaysus we're fucked. https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-...31192?mode=amp
                                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Was in a shop the other morning when a scumbag, a Jackeen Junkie but hey I'm not a racist I do have one or two friends who are Dubs, cam in with a secateurs at the ready to pull on what he thought was the one woman minding the shop when he saw me and another man in the shop he changed his mind fairly quick. It would appear that he had been let out on bail from court about ten minutes earlier and was being watched by the guards who were expecting him to cause trouble before he went back to scum city.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                            Even I believe life is too short to be doing chores – so I have a weekly cleaner coming in to help out.
                                                                            this might hit home for some

Comment

Was in a shop the other morning when a scumbag, a Jackeen Junkie but hey I'm not a racist I do have one or two friends who are Dubs, cam in with a secateurs at the ready to pull on what he thought was the one woman minding the shop when he saw me and another man in the shop he changed his mind fairly quick. It would appear that he had been let out on bail from court about ten minutes earlier and was being watched by the guards who were expecting him to cause trouble before he went back to scum city.
                                                                              Maybe he had bought the secateurs in that shop earlier and was bringing it back as they were damaged but realized he had forgotten the receipt when he entered the shop? Or he had borrowed them off a different worker and turned around when he realised that worker wasn’t on that day (and didn’t want to leave them with the girl as she wasn’t reliable)Can’t always be thinking the worst of people
                                                                              Last edited by Guest; 04-01-18, 17:06.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                Maybe he had bought the secateurs in that shop earlier and was bringing it back as they were damaged but realized he had forgotten the receipt when he entered the shop? Or he had borrowed them off a different worker and turned around when he realised that worker wasn’t on that day (and didn’t want to leave them with the girl as she wasn’t reliable)Can’t always be thinking the worst of people
                                                                                This lad was not out pruning roses
                                                                                I thought it was just a pliers and he was an electrician at first, i didn't see the sharp edges open till he was leaving. It was only after he saw us and started talking and asking questions like a real customer that it smelled like there was something wrong. There was this surreal moment where everybody decided to pretend that this was a normal interaction and I'll be honest it was a bit scary. Fairly sure that if we hadn't been seen something bad would have gone down.

Comment

Another article by the guy who wrote the trump book,good bit that wasn’t in the nymag article posted yesterday
                                                                                  Spelling out he has dementia

Author and columnist Michael Wolff was given extraordinary access to the Trump administration and now details the feuds, the fights and the alarming chaos he witnessed while reporting what turned into a new book.

There was more: Everybody was painfully aware of the increasing pace of his repetitions. It used to be inside of 30 minutes he'd repeat, word-for-word and expression-for-expression, the same three stories — now it was within 10 minutes. Indeed, many of his tweets were the product of his repetitions — he just couldn't stop saying something.
                                                                                  At Mar-a-Lago, just before the new year, a heavily made-up Trump failed to recognize a succession of old friends.

Comment

I'm doing a series of rugby tactical and coaching discussions in the US. There is a new pro competition starting in march so these will all lead into it hopefully educating the spectators and viewers and boosting the profile when I go for one of the jobs in expanded 2nd year.

Anyways first proper one is on the 2-4-2 shape once played by crusaders and connacht under Pat Lam. If anyone is interested the link is below and if anyone wants to help just click on the link and help it get more listeners. Much appreciated

1) Basic overview of the modern game
                                                                                    Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

2) expanding on 242, how to coach it, weaknesses etc.
                                                                                    Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio
                                                                                    Last edited by Trippie; 04-01-18, 18:02.

Comment

This lad was not out pruning roses
                                                                                      I thought it was just a pliers and he was an electrician at first, i didn't see the sharp edges open till he was leaving. It was only after he saw us and started talking and asking questions like a real customer that it smelled like there was something wrong. There was this surreal moment where everybody decided to pretend that this was a normal interaction and I'll be honest it was a bit scary. Fairly sure that if we hadn't been seen something bad would have gone down.
                                                                                      Think you do imagine most of the stuff to feed your antidub cravings.
                                                                                      Did he look like Connolly by any chance ?

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                        At Mar-a-Lago, just before the new year, a heavily made-up Trump failed to recognize a succession of old friends.
                                                                                        TBH that sounds more like how far he has dissapeared up his own hole than dementia.

I see they are heading to the courts to try and block publication of the book, another clear sign were it needed that there is still no one with an ounce of cop on close to him.

Comment

this might hit home for some
                                                                                          I would love to have a cleaner come in a couple of times a week but we don't and we manage. I have taught the kids little things as they grow. The youngest is able to go and tidy her room to a decent standard, she knows how to make french toast and knows the basics to make pancakes. She finished her dinner at the table and takes her plate and cutlery through to the kitchen. She just turned 8 and she is learning the basics. She asks to help and to do more and some times I let her.

The older two who are 15 and almost 17 can make themselves dinner, the young fella is far better in the kitchen despite the eldest doing Home economics at school! he was interested in cooking growing up and by the age of 9 would go in and make pancakes. (I was cooking from a young age as well)
                                                                                          They take turns doing the kitchen, this is not just loading and unloading dishwasher, we get them to clean down counters, sinks and sweep floors.

They will hang out and bring in washing for me and can do all parts of the housework except the laundry. The eldest has an idea on how to work washing machine and none of them iron yet but that will be soon!

The eldest could easily move out next year for uni and I know she will be able to cope on her own as she has learned the basic life skills required. I think it is so important to do these things, they still all get to go out and see friends and play/swim so they aren't tied to chores.

I don't think the woman in the article is doing her kids any favours and the fact she doesn't do housework as well will teach them all they need to do is employ someone to clean!

Comment

You're welcome.to come round to my gaff and bring the patented V PAIN anytime!
                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

my kids love cooking

cleaning up the resulting foodsplosion....not so much

Comment

...

Comment

Hunted just starting on Channel4. 9 people on the run for up to 28 day from an elite team of hunters.

Comment

That's 2 stone wall.penalties not given to spurs

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                      Cheers. Don't watch TV or sports, so this seems the right deal so. Hmm, hadn't realised the sound would be so expensive, surely those sound bars would be grand in a living room?
                                                                                                      yep they ll be a good start ..

i like the look of this for value

sigpic
                                                                                                      Longshotvalue.com

Comment

You're doing it wrong if you don't have a cleaner. It's €20 a week and they do things that no person does if they're doing the cleaning themselves like hoover under beds and wash down surfaces. Kids will not be doing housework in the future.

Cooking on the other hand, would be an amazing life skill. Subsisted on chips and Pot Noodles for first few years after leaving home, due to the boys school having a choice of German, woodwork, or metalwork, while the girls school were all learning the necessary survival skill of learning how to cook. So oft wünschte ich mir, ich könnte sogar eine einfache soße machen oder sogar die getrockneten nudeln in essbare teigwaren verwandeln.
                                                                                                        Kids need to know how to look after a house. Not everyone can afford or will afford a cleaner. When you have teenagers who can do basic stuff it means us adults can do the deeper cleaning etc. I don't think I am doing it wrong. Sometimes it is tough as I work full time too but I always manage. I would also rather give my kids the cash to help in the house than a stranger.

Comment

due to the boys school having a choice of German, woodwork, or metalwork, while the girls school were all learning the necessary survival skill of learning how to cook. So oft wünschte ich mir, ich könnte sogar eine einfache soße machen oder sogar die getrockneten nudeln in essbare teigwaren verwandeln.
                                                                                                          The thought of you in a woodwork or metalwork workshop does seem almost unimaginable.
                                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

The face of evil been brought into Dundalk court, at least the locals stood up for their fallen neighbours. Pity we don't have public hangings.

Comment

Just wondering do most people still use Google chrome as their main browser? Decided for no real reason to go back to Firefox. Seems much of a muchness so far.

Comment

The face of evil been brought into Dundalk court, at least the locals stood up for their fallen neighbours. Pity we don't have public hangings.
                                                                                                                Surprised you weren't celebrating one less Nip taking your jobs

Comment

What, like in Iran?

Comment

...

Comment

The face of evil.

Are you just having a good chuckle as you post here at the winding up you are doing?

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                          The face of evil.

Are you just having a good chuckle as you post here at the winding up you are doing?
                                                                                                                          No, he's definitely a fully paid up member of the alt-right. See the posts ranting about the mainstream media.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X