Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
    im bringing wife daughter and niece to funderland.
    bet i end spending more than you
    a shade under 300 once eddie rockets and all was factored in.
    fucking didnt even see it go
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
      Yeah MI5 colluding with loyalists,what a crazy idea
      Obv there was lots of collusion but it was always deniable solo runs under no more than broad direction from inside MI.
      IMO there is 0% chance either that if they wanted Haughey offed that he would have lived to see 1990 or that they would have commissioned those assclowns to do it. They had plenty of their own people in place should they have really wanted to do it.
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        The 30 year papers aren't always fun.
        Do people other than historians actually read them? And tit bits from journalists?

Was a bit disturbed 18 months ago when one of my nephews became a Garda. And bad enough as that was, in whatever interview they gave him, the only two doggie people that came up were the dead brother, and muggins here.
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          IMO there is 0% chance either that if they wanted Haughey offed that he would have lived to see 1990 or that they would have commissioned those assclowns to do it.They had plenty of their own people in place should they have really wanted to do it.
          An SAS style professional hit with the killers leaving no evidence and disappearing never to be seen again would have pretty much pointed directly at London.
          Can't really do that to a senior politician of a supposed ally.

That's why you'd actually have to use the UVF, ideally they'd get their target but make such a mess of the afters that you kill a few in a shootout and easily pick up the rest still wearing the same clothes. So you could be seen to be properly responding to a heinous crime.

Comment

Literally read that and then CJH turns up on the 30 year old tribute to The Dubliners that RTE have the balls to put out at primetime on a Friday night. Shivers.

The hooded eyes on the fucker too. Never trust anyone with them.
            Ah here feck off you blasphemous cad. (Dubliners not cj)

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              Obv there was lots of collusion but it was always deniable solo runs under no more than broad direction from inside MI.
              IMO there is 0% chance either that if they wanted Haughey offed that he would have lived to see 1990 or that they would have commissioned those assclowns to do it. They had plenty of their own people in place should they have really wanted to do it.
              IYO there is 0% chance ? Those fuckers are riding children and framing Daniel Day Lewis . There is a good likelihood they sent out hoods . IMO of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                Ah here feck off you blasphemous cad. (Dubliners not cj)
                Thoroughly enjoyed that.

I have a VHS in the attic of that show when it went out live, adds and all, wife looked at me quare when i turned over at 9.35 to see who was on and told her get to bed...

It all went down hill Willie!!
                This too shall pass.

Comment

The brother was well involved in Sinn Fein in the 1980's. Don't really believe most of his stories. But he often said that if an Army Council meeting was to take place, several Sinn Fein meetings would be organised to take place at the same time in different locations. Just to split up the Garda. Could be mostly bs, but not entirely.
                  Last edited by ComradeCollie; 30-12-17, 00:20.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                    Do people other than historians actually read them? And tit bits from journalists?

Was a bit disturbed 18 months ago when one of my nephews became a Garda. And bad enough as that was, in whatever interview they gave him, the only two doggie people that came up were the dead brother, and muggins here.
                    Was called into Harcourt st in the 80s in what I thought was an interview to join NA muc. Turned out someone was committing fraud with my PRSI number. Wasn't me but never got accepted for interview - lucky escape for a teenager who just wanted to hit Northsider with a stick.

Comment

The National in Cork Opera House just started on RTE.

Opr

Comment

It's only 1.6C outside, But still a flutter of sleet.

Comment

Black Museum episode of Black Mirror is all types of amazing.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Has been a good year for my roses, though pissed at the weather, 'cause I want to go and prune them

The new deluxe album ‘Look Now’ out now, order here: https://ElvisCostello.lnk.to/LookNow Explore more music from Elvis Costello: https://lnk.to/wWTFSMusic v...

Comment

Just watched wonder woman. She's bloody drop dead g. Fun movie , capt Kirk was good in it too. (New bloke)

Comment

Ripple on absolute fire in the Crypto world today. Passed ETH and now the second largest coin in the market. Purchase transaction for about 450 000 000.00 XRP earlier today. Next coin to get added to coinbase?

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                  ~Reminded me of that movie 50 first dates.
                                  "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                  "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Morning. Got up there a few mins ago, grabbed sky uniform thought I'd work pmsl 😂 😂 🤣 😂 😂 😂
                                    Her sky-ness
                                    © 5starpool

Comment

In airport.

No eamo.

Shocker.
                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                        In airport.

No eamo.

Shocker.
                                        Be careful to avoid sat nav

Comment

In airport.

No eamo.

Shocker.
                                          Am here now myself. Still no eamo.

Comment

Just watched wonder woman. She's bloody drop dead g. Fun movie , capt Kirk was good in it too. (New bloke)
                                            Even I would! she is gorgeous. I watched it one evening with a female friend and both of us agreed how amazing looking she is.

Comment

It's only 1.6C outside, But still a flutter of sleet.
                                              Disturbingly precise weather report there CC!

Are you turning into the type of person who alphabetises his collection of books\DVDs\CDs?
                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Disturbingly precise weather report there CC!

Are you turning into the type of person who alphabetises his collection of books\DVDs\CDs?
                                                Turning into? I once tried to rearrange my dvds in chronological order. Gave up after the first hundred or so.

Comment

Turning into? I once tried to rearrange my dvds in chronological order. Gave up after the first hundred or so.
                                                  I think, given it's 30 years, it's now time for you to divulge all about your participation is in the glorious proletarian co-fraternity of man as a young fella.

This needs to be a long post.

Comment

Just noticed those cunts at Dyson are still advertising their devices as having a powerful digital motor. Cunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                      Haven't read it, why was that? This is the book by Harari?

So many books to read, sigh.
                                                      Yep, that's the book.

I felt he put me in my place with two arguments I've always had against both vegetarianism and the paleo diet.

With vegetarianism I've always argued that livestock enjoy a symbiosis with humans, in evolutionary terms. Cattle for instance are a hugely successful species as a result of them being a major part of our diet. He argues rightfully that this only applies on the genetic level. Yes, their dna is celebrating success but on the individual level would you rather be a happy free Rhino on the verge of extinction or an imprisoned abundant cow.

The description of how calfs are taken from mothers and locked in a tight cage for their life so their muscles remain supple was pretty sad reading too.

Re Paleo, I've argued that the reason paleoman didn't suffer heart disease or cancer etc wasn't due to them existing pre agriculture but due to the fact that these are aging related diseases and paleoman was brownbread by 30. He argues that foragers lived long healthy lives into their sixties and seventies but the average was really low due to extreme rates of infant death. It's a good argument but he also states that there's very little evidence of their lifestyle, so he's effectively guessing at this I suppose.
                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                        Black Museum episode of Black Mirror is all types of amazing.
                                                        A decent season, and it's going to be one of those where each person will rank the episodes differently depending on what they get out of them. Not really as dark as some other seasons, but enjoyable all around. The order could probably change on a second watch, but for me:

USS Callister
                                                        Black Museum
                                                        Hang the DJ
                                                        ArkAngel
                                                        Crocodile
                                                        Metalhead

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                          I've argued that the reason paleoman didn't suffer heart disease or cancer etc wasn't due to them existing pre agriculture
                                                          Sugar intake would be a big part I'd imagine.

Comment

Got given this as a present over Christmas.

Be interesting to see what Leo and the lads get stuck into during a debate on the latest bill through the house

SPOILER

Comment

Minus loads of points because she’s Israeli though

Comment

Re Paleo, I've argued that the reason paleoman didn't suffer heart disease or cancer etc wasn't due to them existing pre agriculture but due to the fact that these are aging related diseases and paleoman was brownbread by 30.
                                                                That's possibly partially true. It's also the case that they were only able get enough food to survive and eating you way to 30 stone wasn't an option. Which has a huge health impact.

Personally I feel that paleo advocates make too big a deal about the lack of disease in paleo man when there and much more obvious health markers that people generally use. Eating whole foods is a good idea, which means it will obviously end up more like a diet from the past. But paleo is way too far back to draw the line imo.

Comment

Someone help please as can't fix. I can make calls here and texts here in Austria no bother, 3g kicked in for about ten mins and then stopped. Have mobile network on but no symbol at all there.

Got the standard text from. Tesco about the roaming etc...
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                    Someone help please as can't fix. I can make calls here and texts here in Austria no bother, 3g kicked in for about ten mins and then stopped. Have mobile network on but no symbol at all there.

Got the standard text from. Tesco about the roaming etc...
                                                                    Connect to the wifi in the place you're staying?

Try restarting the phone. Usually works

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                      Connect to the wifi in the place you're staying?

Try restarting the phone. Usually works
                                                                      Rang tesco went through all settings. Restarted phone the lot. Nope not working
                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Have you data roaming turned off in settings?

Try manually connecting to a different network.

Comment

Fucked so. Would just burn the phone

Comment

What colour is the phone?
                                                                            Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Don't eat the yellow snow Michelle.

Comment

what colour is the wi fi?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                  Have you data roaming turned off in settings?

Try manually connecting to a different network.
                                                                                  Data roaming on tried the other two network. Won't all sim to connect
                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Israeli birds are decent enough in my experience.

Israeli lads are probably the biggest bunch of asshats you could meet.
                                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

For the United fans; is it not time to admit hiring Mourinho was a huge mistake and to start looking for a replacement who will make you watchable again?

scraped another home draw today tbf

Comment

Well played; not many can pull off sexism and racism in one shot.

Comment

If you say so.

Comment

Could pass a good 15 mins watching this over for some reason....

Comment

I've had the (dis)pleasure of dealing with a lot of Israeli's in the igaming industry, and they're as shady as they come. They don't do themselves any favours at the poker table either!

Comment

You can’t be racist against Israelis

Comment

Nah you’re just more likely to overlook them steering the conversation towards Palestinian people being sub human because they are good looking.israelis are THE worst to meet while travelling,would rather spend a night in an irish bar with a bunch of drunk Munster fans

Comment

Is she raeli ?

stunners a stunner. Perfect creature.

Comment

I felt he put me in my place with two arguments I've always had against both vegetarianism and the paleo diet.

With vegetarianism I've always argued that livestock enjoy a symbiosis with humans, in evolutionary terms. Cattle for instance are a hugely successful species as a result of them being a major part of our diet. He argues rightfully that this only applies on the genetic level. Yes, their dna is celebrating success but on the individual level would you rather be a happy free Rhino on the verge of extinction or an imprisoned abundant cow.
                                                                                                      Anthropomorphise much

The description of how calfs are taken from mothers and locked in a tight cage for their life so their muscles remain supple was pretty sad reading too.
                                                                                                      Veal outlier with added anthropomorphism.
                                                                                                      Re Paleo, I've argued that the reason paleoman didn't suffer heart disease or cancer etc wasn't due to them existing pre agriculture but due to the fact that these are aging related diseases and paleoman was brownbread by 30. He argues that foragers lived long healthy lives into their sixties and seventies but the average was really low due to extreme rates of infant death. It's a good argument but he also states that there's very little evidence of their lifestyle, so he's effectively guessing at this I suppose.
                                                                                                      That makes perfect sense except for there being zero evidence for it
                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

A movie with a South Korean kid and a giant mutant pig.

Might well be the best thing I've watched this year. Ojka.

Comment

Maybe the first example was anthromorphism, I'll give you that. I certainly won't eat veal again though, suffering is suffering in fairness.

Comment

Is there a way to stop Netflix jumping straight to the next episode of a series? Nothing in the settings.
                                                                                                            Drives me nuts.
                                                                                                            I actually like the credits, gives you time to ponder, to relax and think about what you've just watched.

Netflix is great, but their interface, on the TV anyway is absolute garbage.

Comment

A movie with a South Korean kid and a giant mutant pig.

Might well be the best thing I've watched this year. Ojka.
                                                                                                              The pig loses points as it's Korean.

Comment

Maybe the first example was anthromorphism, I'll give you that. I certainly won't eat veal again though, suffering is suffering in fairness.

not a thing wrong with doing this imo.

Comment

Is there a way to stop Netflix jumping straight to the next episode of a series? Nothing in the settings.
                                                                                                                  Drives me nuts.
                                                                                                                  I actually like the credits, gives you time to ponder, to relax and think about what you've just watched.

Same here. There is an option on the PC but not on the Playstation or settop box. Very annoying.
                                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Drives me nuts.

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                    Same here. There is an option on the PC but not on the Playstation or settop box. Very annoying.
                                                                                                                    Great feature imo

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                      There doesn't seem to be an option for watching the credits at all, the back button, the only option on screen, brings you back to the menu.

Would hate to be a dolly grip.

Comment

There doesn't seem to be an option for watching the credits at all, the back button, the only option on screen, brings you back to the menu.

Would hate to be a dolly grip.
                                                                                                                        I don't use netflix, but after a very quick google, does this help?

You can change this setting in the Netflix app on mobile devices by tapping My Netflix, your profile icon, and then Manage Profiles. Or, using a web browser, go to netflix.com/profiles/manage and click the box next to Autoplay previews.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                          Great feature imo
                                                                                                                          Ah yeah, it is a great feature in general, but sometimes I'd like the option of switching it off.
                                                                                                                          For example, we watched three episodes of The Crown the other night. After 1 and 2 it was grand, but at the end of 3 I would have liked to sit back and contemplate it rather than scrambling for the remote to hit stop before we got roped into the next one.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X