Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
    Too late to order those bags. Gonna wear the skiing jackets. Put rest in one biggish case to book on and normal clothes in three small carry on cases. Ya mia going.

What started as I thought was a 2 k hol is now mounting to 5 k ish fucking ridiculous. Never again!!!
    Not going again would be silly. Shure you have all the gear now!
    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Seems to be pricey alright. I was hoping I could just lounge about all day once the kids had been packed off to ski school but apparently no, I must attempt it.

Kids already warned that summer holidays will be in Ireland next year.

SPOILER
      The unspoken words 'in Granny's house in Galway' may yet be uttered
      It’s actually great fun. A pro tip is to book a few sports massages at the local spa/hotel as soon as you get there to ease the calf and thigh pain from snow ploughing for 5-6 hours in the first few days.
      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        Ah, that sweet moment where you say 'fuck it, I am not doing any more work in 2017'.
        Just off a final conference call and feeling the same way. No fucking thanks for doing anymore anyway!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
            I am just starting Episode 8 in Season 2

SPOILER
            Episode 4 started with the wedding of some girl and Margaret was there and met Armstrong-Jones and Episode 5 was the Britains First type guy going and hitting the peer after he did his news report

I have found it all very interesting. She sure put up with some shit in her life. I love Margaret, she is great!
            Yeah fifth

SPOILER
            just so well done, the house he comes out of, his eye twitch on the bus

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
            I love Margaret, she is great!
            Strange seeing her portrayed at times as a vivacious attractive woman; they've only ever been dowdy old women in my lifetime.
            Last edited by Denny Crane; 21-12-17, 12:54.

Comment

Quasar died a death didn't it.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                yeah, quantum lasers was the end of it.

Comment

Brother and me got two of these as kids one Xmas. Spoilt rotten!! Can't say the accuracy was great tho!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                    Yeah fifth

SPOILER
                    just so well done, the house he comes out of, his eye twitch on the bus

Strange seeing her portrayed at times as a vivacious attractive woman; they've only ever been dowdy old women in my lifetime.
                    She was a stunner, I remember her in the 70's and was still not terrible looking. She was known to have a tiny waist in her youth and wild and beautiful. She had it all! bitch haha

Fuck me, just watching Episode 9 and half way through it.

SPOILER
                    Amazingly done but fucking hell it was horribly real looking!

Comment

some enterprising soul would make a fucking KILLING doing a gift wrapping service in Dublin.
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                          some enterprising soul would make a fucking KILLING doing a gift wrapping service in Dublin.
                          There's free gift wrapping set up in all the shopping centers in Malta. Not used it, but very handy!

Comment

Im going to do a pre xmas turkey, never cooked one on a BBQ before.
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                  Skiiing/snowboarding is a rich man's game, particularly in Europe! Can be done on the cheap but you need to put a lot of work into it and go to Eastern Europe probably; did one lad's snow holiday to Zakopane in Poland years ago, awesome trip and fairly cheap but very different vibe to the likes of Austria.
                                  not really true. resorts in the pyrenees are not very expensive and if you stay away from the big resorts, it can be very affordable, especially for beginners who don't need the 500+ kilometers of slopes. Plenty of small resorts, very family friendly in the southern alps also

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                    yeah, seen that loads of places too. One take on it thats nice is that charities take stalls in shopping centers with volunteers and you tip them.
                                    if there is one in dublin, I'll gladly contribute
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

I suppose it makes sense to just withdraw €1270 of BTC and buy it again to avoid tax now, it doesn't "carry over" I take it.

Comment

With the premier league being 25 years old this year i Have seen a few sports shows/people giving their best 11. Haven't agreed with most of them but while I've been trying to think of my own it's impossible to pick an 11 worthy without leaving top players out. You could have a few teams that could be considered a PL best 11. Anyway here's mine

Schmeichel. (Pretty much no contest imo)

G Neville. Keown. Vidic. Ashley Cole.

Pires. Keane. Gerrard. Giggsy.

Bergkamp. Cantona.

I went for a physical team that also has skill. Lee Dixon unlucky at RB. Left back is no contest also imo for consistency. Always loved Pires, even though there have been an abundance of talented RM in the league.

Anyone else wanna throw one up?

Comment

Also in before 5starpool says that football wasn't invented when the PL started yada yada

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                              With the premier league being 25 years old this year i Have seen a few sports shows/people giving their best 11. Haven't agreed with most of them but while I've been trying to think of my own it's impossible to pick an 11 worthy without leaving top players out. You could have a few teams that could be considered a PL best 11. Anyway here's mine

Schmeichel. (Pretty much no contest imo)

G Neville. Keown. Vidic. Ashley Cole.

Pires. Keane. Gerrard. Giggsy.

Bergkamp. Cantona.

I went for a physical team that also has skill. Lee Dixon unlucky at RB. Left back is no contest also imo for consistency. Always loved Pires, even though there have been an abundance of talented RM in the league.

Anyone else wanna throw one up?

Schmeichel.

G Neville. Terry. Vidic. Ashley Cole.

Pires. Keane. Lampard. Giggsy.

Henry. Shearer.
                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Comment

Bought some Ripple there a couple of weeks ago..nice surprise today. Was also told to buy Stellar lumens by a friend who knows his stuff too but no movement with them. Honestly don't even know what it is..
                                                  Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                    I suppose it makes sense to just withdraw €1270 of BTC and buy it again to avoid tax now, it doesn't "carry over" I take it.
                                                    Correct.

Comment

Comment

Fairly good dose of SAD today. Basically can't move, or allow myself think about anything. No better date for it I suppose.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 21-12-17, 20:57.

Comment

I'm in bratislava at the moment, it rained all afternoon, temp peaked at 2 degrees, cold wind blowing tonight walking back from dinner and yet these crazy Slovakian women are still out in their skirts and boots as if its nothing. It was the same in Budapest last week, different breed here in these ex communist places

Comment

Bergkamp then the rest from about 30 players

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                Yeah that's the point. It's hard. Throw up another 10 with Bergkamp there sure

Comment

Got paid this morn and blew 1k in 2 hours wtf like had xmas more or less done, where the fuck does money go!

5 weeks to pay day lol gonna be a long month!
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                    Fairly good dose of SAD today. Basically can't move, or allow myself think about anything. No better date for it I suppose.
                                                                    I wonder is that why it seems i have been on my period the last 2 days ? ?
                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                      Have one of those standard laptops with 128gb SSD and maybe 1tb of regular hard drive. What do people with that type of setup do to manage that space? The SSD available storage seems to be deteriorating at a rapid rate.

E.g., and without wanting to sound absolutely stupid, can I just copy/paste little used programs from the SSD c-drive to the HD d-drive, or would I need to uninstall and than reinstall in the new drive?
                                                                      Only thing you need on the SSD is your OS, browser, any intensive applications (probably none for most people) and games. Everything else should be on the other drive as realistically the drive doesn't do much.
                                                                      The only thing on mine is chrome, windows/linux and steam games.

You can't copy and paste lol, you need to reinstall.
                                                                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 21-12-17, 22:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

On the day Bergkamp gets sacked by Ajax too

Edwin van der Sar and Marc Overmars sacked him, and appointed Michael Reiziger and Winston Bogarde instead. It's a funny old game.

Comment

Man the Survivor finale this season was tilting as fuck.

Comment

For that EPL thing I reckon Schmeichel, Ashley Cole and Keane are certainties with a lot of good options after that.

I would have Veira as a way better player than Gerrard, Scholes, Lampard who always get eulogised.

Bergkamp is one of my favourite players of all time but could you really pick him before Henry or Shearer...

Comment

Was catching up on the finale of The Apprentice and Peaky Blinders tonight.

The Apprentice

SPOILER
                                                                                Even moreso than the last couple of years, the show seemed so scripted this year, and the final was no different. Do people actually go into a process like this without having a name, a logo or a vision for their company. Seriously? Elizabeth looked like a plant, and half the other idiots just looked like actors too. The worse series of the show, with the worst candidates by a long way imo.

Peaky Blinders

SPOILER
                                                                                Not quite the barn-stomping finale I was expecting and glad to see that Arthur survived, but Tom Hardy was a boss and played the part of Alfie so well. Seemed a very rushed episode that should have been 30 mins longer though. Getting a little more difficult to take the Peaky Blinders serious when baby faced Finn is the 3rd in command, so they really need to bring in some henchmen and get them more involved in the show. Wonder if Al Capone will make an appearance in Series 5 or if it's just a name drop to kill off Changretta?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                  For that EPL thing I reckon Schmeichel, Ashley Cole and Keane are certainties with a lot of good options after that.

I would have Veira as a way better player than Gerrard, Scholes, Lampard who always get eulogised.

Bergkamp is one of my favourite players of all time but could you really pick him before Henry or Shearer...
                                                                                  Solution for you..

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                        Only thing you need on the SSD is your OS, browser, any intensive applications (probably none for most people) and games. Everything else should be on the other drive as realistically the drive doesn't do much.
                                                                                        The only thing on mine is chrome, windows/linux and steam games.

You can't copy and paste lol, you need to reinstall.
                                                                                        What about dev tools?
                                                                                        only using VS2015 for small personal projects and occasionally for work but wouldn't really need to run builds, seems like it would eat up half the 512Gb ssd
                                                                                        Have been putting off installing it until I decide... but I can't decide
                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                          Solution for you..

Wouldn’t have Giggs anywhere near it.

Comment

Always thought Ferdinand was a much better player than Vidic but Vidic was overrated due to sticking his head in front of a boot. Good player but Ferdinand was a level above him.

Comment

Cech

G Neville Terry Ferdinand Ashley Cole.

Keane Viera

Ronaldo Gerrard Henry

Bergkamp

Front four can move around as they like/game goes. I'm assuming we get their PL peak that's why I'd take Cech over Schmeichel, think he reached a higher peak. Could probably be De Gea tbh
                                                                                              Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 22-12-17, 00:00.

Comment

Stam was better at being Vidic than Vidic.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                  Stam was better at being Vidic than Vidic.
                                                                                                  Carvalho was better than both but didn't stick around.

Comment

Dudek
                                                                                                    Finnan, Carragher, Troare, Hyypia
                                                                                                    Gerrard, Alonso, riise, garcia
                                                                                                    baros, kewell
                                                                                                    Last edited by eamonhonda; 22-12-17, 01:37.
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

...Lads, you know nothing about the best 11 when you are all forgetting the PL GOAT...
                                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                                      ...Wes Hoolihan...

Comment

Joking aside any best 11 team has to have Cole Keane , Gerrard , Viera Lamps, Henry
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

amazing how often giggs gets in these things. mix of man utd bias and long serving media fan boy bar the one slip from clean boy.

bang average in context of goals/assists meaningful games. But but...... that the one time he scored against arsenal in the fa cup ( dining out on it much)

Most over rated premier league player is Ryan Giggs. When that league was shit he didnt even do much. give it a rest.

Pick a paper team with Bergkamp and Giggs so. clueless.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                            Joking aside any best 11 team has to have Cole Keane , Gerrard , Viera Lamps, Henry
                                                                                                            joe cole or andy? i really dont know :confused

Comment

Giggs is also a monumental cunt. An old school Bale.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                                                                                                                joe cole or andy? i really dont know :confused
                                                                                                                Ashley you gimp.

Clearly best full back in PL history.

Comment

Ashley you gimp.

Clearly best full back in PL history.
                                                                                                                  ashley cole lol. he couldnt defend or cross? Id make more an argument for andy to tap in.
                                                                                                                  joe could have been great but he lost it. thats why i was lost

dont mistake winning medals with being a good full back.

best chelsea players ive seen are Robben ( SOLD) De Bruye (SOLD Early)

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                                    ...Lads, you know nothing about the best 11 when you are all forgetting the PL GOAT...
                                                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                                                    ...Wes Hoolihan...
                                                                                                                    Phil Babb is sniggering in your general direction.
                                                                                                                    "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                                                                    "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                                                                                                                      ashley cole lol. he couldnt defend or cross? Id make more an argument for andy to tap in.
                                                                                                                      joe could have been great but he lost it. thats why i was lost

dont mistake winning medals with being a good full back.

best chelsea players ive seen are Robben ( SOLD) De Bruye (SOLD Early)
                                                                                                                      That wasn't even a good attempt at trolling. It's actually kind of embarrassing.

Comment

That wasn't even a good attempt at trolling. It's actually kind of embarrassing.
                                                                                                                        PBISIYGD
                                                                                                                        "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                                                                        "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Some collection of heroes in the Jackpot tonight

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X