Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
    Ah here.
    So Boot Cut means Jeans that won't fit over boots?
    Does that mean you're supposed to wear them with boots or not with boots
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
      Fergal Quinn - quite the celebrity .
      Ahh. RIP.. 'Yellow packs' became part of our language .
      Yellow pack was Maurice, ya pratt

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        So Boot Cut means Jeans that won't fit over boots?
        Does that mean you're supposed to wear them with boots or not with boots

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          Yellow pack was Maurice, ya pratt
          Was just saying to myself was I right there after I posted it. Then thought fuck it that sour ol bollix will correct me. Lol. Didn't take long.
          Can set me watch to you.

Comment

Is Maurice dead btw?

Comment

Gardaí are investigating a shooting in Drogheda, Co Louth this evening.

It is understood the man was shot a number of times at Hardman’s Gardens in the town.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                Tbf in Limerick if your name is Keane you're probably grand anyway.
                Unless you come across a McCarthy/Dundon
                This too shall pass.

Comment

Was just saying to myself was I right there after I posted it. Then thought fuck it that sour ol bollix will correct me. Lol. Didn't take long.
                  Can set me watch to you.
                  The ol "sure I was only fishin", helping gobshites cover their tracks since 2014!
                  airport, lol

Comment

Have a Samsung Tablet I dont really use. Where would i get stuff onto it for kids for a holiday flight?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                        The ol "sure I was only fishin", helping gobshites cover their tracks since 2014!

only i know the truth eh? Shouldnt judge people by your own lowly standards. Another predictable reply. unlike you cowardly types i don't google every fact before i post fact is I knew it would be hopped on , and by who, white writing needed obviously. im around here long enough. and cuse mmy typing, im blind without me r glasses

Comment

Is Maurice dead btw?

i'll google it.

in other news . Holmes and Watson paired in the golf. Had to happen

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                            Presume the obvious Netflix + download option is too simple?
                            Will have a look...ty.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                              I was in Limerick at the weekend for the first time, I'd sure Sam/Rounders/Lao Lao could write novels about a night out there.
                              Were we on a stag together?!``

Comment

I should have waited to finish the new posts before posting that

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                    I feel sort of obliged to point out that this does not match my experience of Limerick (train station area is ropey alright - what is it with bus/train stations?)
                                    Also I'm not sure you can judge a place if your own actions upon arriving include going straight to the local Dutch gold retailer and hanging about with the junkies.

Not sure Dublin fares any better if judged by Connolly station, the bus terminal or the bus trip from the airport

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                      Have a Samsung Tablet I dont really use. Where would i get stuff onto it for kids for a holiday flight?
                                      Ah grand - thats the one so. Netflix allows downloading of nearly everything now. Perfect for kids.
                                      Up to one hour a day and broken into 15 minute sessions or yiz are bad bad parents

Comment

I dunno about you lot, but I've gone even further down the rabbit hole and am betting bigger than ever.

Any big poker tourneys coming up? Sad to see I've missed the big open
                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                          Someone pointed out an old buddy of mine from IPB to me at the IO last week. Kinda comes across as a mixture of Carrie & that yoke that crawls out of the TV in that film The Ring.

Anyhoo, I shuddered and moved on, ya know, just in case I couldn't keep my hands to myself again
                                          fu Cooney I wasn't even there
                                          Her sky-ness
                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                            I dunno about you lot, but I've gone even further down the rabbit hole and am betting bigger than ever.
                                            Tell us a bit about it will you? Most of us have to rely on vicarious thrills from betting / degen stories these days. At least there's some still keeping it real, yo.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post

Any big poker tourneys coming up? Sad to see I've missed the big open
                                              WSOP

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                  Tell us a bit about it will you? Most of us have to rely on vicarious thrills from betting / degen stories these days. At least there's some still keeping it real, yo.
                                                  Just for you Mr Spur.

This is just from today, could only really start at 5:30 as was working all day, but had some fun after that.

Enjoy!

I'll post a big one in a few months if I get to the desired target, but for now it's all just a bit of good craic.
                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                    Also I'm not sure you can judge a place if your own actions upon arriving include going straight to the local Dutch gold retailer and hanging about with the junkies.

Not sure Dublin fares any better if judged by Connolly station, the bus terminal or the bus trip from the airport
                                                    the area around any major train station in Europe usually provides a range of exciting amenities and unusual cultural interactions

I think Gare du Nord in Brussels is up there for scuzz factor
                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                      Never actually stayed a night in Limerick. Or Donegal.

Thoughts on Limerick?
                                                      Donegal is much more civilized, but the smaller the town you pick the better. Somewhere along the west or north coast would be your best bet, like Ardara, Dunfanaghy etc

Comment

Comment

Comment

Use something like Slack or Teams to organise projects and minions. Plan out the tasks as if you were doing them all yourself then start to allocate them to minion as appropriate. Have a weekly 1to1 meeting to discuss progress/obstacles and feedback in both directions.
                                                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

My first direct hire started today. I realise this is a regular thing for those of you with normal jobs, but it freaks me out a bit. She was asking me how I'd like her to organise her time and it only then occured to me that higher-up people had always organised that stuff before. Just assumed new staff turned up knowing what they should be doing. So she spent today in her office staring at the screen looking up hopefully everytime I passed by while I smiled anguishedly and sped past thinking 'and what should she be doing?'. There's a grand plan, but just didn't sit down and plan in down to an actual work schedule.

Three more full time staff arriving in September, so should probably read a book on this or something
                                                              If she's French, she's probably delighted with this situation and is currently working out how much lunch-eating and affair-having she can now incorporate into her working day, given that her eccentric foreigner boss clearly has no idea.

/cultural stereotype/

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                Use something like Slack or Teams to organise projects and minions. Plan out the tasks as if you were doing them all yourself then start to allocate them to minion as appropriate. Have a weekly 1to1 meeting to discuss progress/obstacles and feedback in both directions.
                                                                Or just pawn off all the stuff you don't want to do yourself on them. And disburse an annual bonus just large enough to conpensate.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                  If she's French, she's probably delighted with this situation and is currently working out how much lunch-eating and affair-having she can now incorporate into her working day, given that her eccentric foreigner boss clearly has no idea.

/cultural stereotype/
                                                                  I just realised that I assumed he'd have mostly Chinese people working for him. I'm such a racist
                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Kind of the same with new PhD students. I got the grant to pay for you, is that not enough? You actually want engaged supervision too? Why can't you just go and write some papers?

Comment

Is Maurice dead btw?
                                                                      Rolled out on RTE news last night for a few words on Quinn. Obv still alive but has aged a lot. Unlike me with my 21 year old body and hair

Comment

That's for weight and clearly wouldn't affect kids running around like mad things on holidays. There's actually no evidence that kids watching videos has any negative effects at all as long as they eat healthily and run around like normal kids.
                                                                        I'm imagine what they watch has a much larger impact tbh.
                                                                        I dont mind my daughter watching cbeebies or blippi but am hellbent on avoiding the ad parade of Nick Jnr or the increasingly schizophrenic content randomly generated on youtube.
                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                          learn important phrases like "burn down charts" and "story points" when discussing goals and man hour allocation.
                                                                          If nothing else, you'll sound like you know what you are talking about
                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

If anyone has a minute to spare could you throw a vote onto these pics for de brudder please and thanks.

Comment

...Long shot...But does anyone here work or know anyone that works in the passport office that could help my friend get an emergency passport for her child...She's in a queue but they're not confident they can help her today...Will buy pints as gratitude...

Comment

can't lose!!1!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                                                                  If anyone has a minute to spare could you throw a vote onto these pics for de brudder please and thanks.

https://huaweicreatives.ie/entrants/ronanhdphotography
                                                                                  ...Really liked the waterfall and the food one...One of the photos are there twice...

Comment

...

Comment

Got a call from the ph o enix about offering me a deal to renew my subscription. Something very dreary like two free issues, which I declined. The woman asked for a reason and I stated that I just didn't really have time to read it.
                                                                                      "but would you not make time, would you not take time out to sit down and read it"
                                                                                      There were a few seconds of silence because I couldn't reply without laughing.
                                                                                      "hello, are you there, did you hear me, why don't you make time to read it?"

Poor woman must be way off her number.

Comment

Surely when they get their $3bn equity funding they'll be bulletproof for at least a few years?
                                                                                        That wouldn't last them long, and that's if they could find underwriters and bagholders (Kinda amazing that Larry Ellison didn't learn his lesson from Theranos, and has invested in Musk)

If it was a serious company they wouldn't be talking about no hopers like robotaxis and selling insurance.

Comment

Aer Lingus don't require you to print your esta right?

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                Aer Lingus don't require you to print your esta right?
                                                                                                ...No need to print it off...

Comment

Interesting Friday-suitable thread from reddit.
                                                                                                  I've read a few of those over the years. One guy just started helping random teams at his work as he had nothing to do, so everybody thought he was amazing. Usually somebody gets hired and the person that hired them or the manager they are assigned to gets fired. In the case I'm talking about there he had nobody in charge of him at all even since he joined.

Comment

Worked in a place 20 yrs ago that was a carefully crafted exercise in gouging govt Grants. Hire an IT person, pay them 10k, get 14k tax relief etc. They couldnt cram bodies in fast enough so one day the office "manager",whose main duties were managing the aircon, was tasked with an interview. He took the job description and wage package from the wrong document and offered the intern an 18k starting salary with benefits package. The company stood over it but was chuckle some to see a borderline intern get paid more than his manager and probably managers boss too.
                                                                                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

It really is a bit bizarre.
                                                                                                      Don't value us like a car company, we're an electric car company!
                                                                                                      Actually, no we're Uber!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                        Don't value us like a car company, we're an electric car company!
                                                                                                        Actually, no we're Uber!
                                                                                                        They seem to think they might be an SOC company now as well. It was funny when it was just your money they were after.

Comment

My first direct hire started today. I realise this is a regular thing for those of you with normal jobs, but it freaks me out a bit. She was asking me how I'd like her to organise her time and it only then occured to me that higher-up people had always organised that stuff before. Just assumed new staff turned up knowing what they should be doing. So she spent today in her office staring at the screen looking up hopefully everytime I passed by while I smiled anguishedly and sped past thinking 'and what should she be doing?'. There's a grand plan, but just didn't sit down and plan in down to an actual work schedule.

Three more full time staff arriving in September, so should probably read a book on this or something
                                                                                                          Surely you have the 3 new starts report directly into her who reports into you. EZ!

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                            I've read a few of those over the years. One guy just started helping random teams at his work as he had nothing to do, so everybody thought he was amazing. Usually somebody gets hired and the person that hired them or the manager they are assigned to gets fired. In the case I'm talking about there he had nobody in charge of him at all even since he joined.
                                                                                                            <Hitch's new employee chuckles to herself, muhahahahaha>

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                              <Hitch's new employee chuckles to herself, muhahahahaha>
                                                                                                              He probably cut her off prematurely in the conversation about it:

"How would you like me to organise my time? ...Because I'll be honest, in my last position I spent 50% of my time playing high stakes online bingo, 30% trying to find ways to defraud the firm to fund said bingo, and 20% trying to get my boss fired to avoid detection. But I'm working on it, I really am. I just need that bit of structure and support from you."

Cue her later staring at her screen of 8 tabling bingo and looking up hopefully at him as she assess his anguished look as his weak spot, mentally giving him 3 months thinking "Easy game".

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                                ...No, need to print it off!...
                                                                                                                Lionel Hutz special.

Comment

You have a grand plan which is more than a lot of new hires get.

Explain it to her and then ask her how she wants to tackle it and what you can do to help her achieve it.

Best case is you hired someone competent and she gets on with it. Worst case you buy yourself some time to figure it out while she gets cracking on some busy work.

Comment

Picked a good weekend to come to Kerry.

Comment

...

Comment

On our third visit in a year to the fantastic Puy du Fou this weekend!
                                                                                                                        Just read review of it, it sounds fantastic.

Comment

Any of the Bars in T1 show the match?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X