Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As should come as no surprise to anyone whatsoever, Stranger Things has been renewed for a 3rd season.
    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
      As should come as no surprise to anyone whatsoever, Stranger Things has been renewed for a 3rd season.
      Surprised it wasn't signed off ages ago.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
        Nobody playing Werewolf?
        I'm in Scotland for a week and it is also month end for me so flat out totally. So I can't play.

Comment

England getting utterly creamed here.

Obviously talking Brexit but equally applies to the cricket.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Trump is lying so much now he's having to get his lawyer to take the hit for tweeting lies about lies.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              England getting utterly creamed here.

Obviously talking Brexit but equally applies to the cricket.
              Not sure what happens in 10 days time when they still wont have an agreement on the boarder. I know that it is a hard deadline but does it effectively collapse all talks and negotiation with only leave with nothing or revote to stay as options?

Comment

Trump is lying so much now he's having to get his lawyer to take the hit for tweeting lies about lies.
                Imagine how stressful it would be being his lawyer, refreshing his Twitter nervously or watch him refuse to follow a script on a speech. Wanting to bring all sorts to court
                What an absolute lunatic. Is this all part of the genius act that got him elected or what point did he stray off plan?
                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                  Not sure what happens in 10 days time when they still wont have an agreement on the boarder. I know that it is a hard deadline but does it effectively collapse all talks and negotiation with only leave with nothing or revote to stay as options?
                  Won’t happen. A form of words will be found which effectively kicks the can down the road into the wider future trading relationship talks. The UK govt will commit to having equivalent standards on the island of Ireland in certain key areas and the DUP will have the huff but everyone will get on with it until 2018 when the practicalities get discussed.

Also expect some sort of commitment on the financial costs of managing the border from the UK side.
                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                    Imagine how stressful it would be being his lawyer, refreshing his Twitter nervously or watch him refuse to follow a script on a speech. Wanting to bring all sorts to court
                    What an absolute lunatic. Is this all part of the genius act that got him elected or what point did he stray off plan?
                    Lol. Stressful client = great client. A client who doesn’t fuck up is hardly going to require your services as much.

However, the key to longevity in consultancy is not to let the clients problems become your problems. They are your bread and butter income opportunities and the minute you cross the line into taking their troubles onboard from a stress perspective you are fucked.
                    Last edited by V for Vendetta; 04-12-17, 12:06.
                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Of course, but I doubt a client like him is worth the extra cash
                      airport, lol

Comment

Of course, but I doubt a client like him is worth the extra cash
                        Cash.....is cash.

Comment

Cash.....is cash.
                          depends on if your client has a history of refusing to pay his bills

Comment

If they can suffer through they will do good business for a while yet anyhow
                            airport, lol

Comment

Khawaja out Raoul. Bet dead now methinks

Comment

Australia looking v wobbly all of a sudden

Comment

. Is this all part of the genius act that got him elected or what point did he stray off plan?
                                  You are making the same mistake as Denny, there was no genius act at work anywhere. Whether its an accident of history or the logical consequence of capitalist democracy is the question.
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                    You are making the same mistake as Denny, there was no genius act at work anywhere. Whether its an accident of history or the logical consequence of capitalist democracy is the question.
                                    I think his post references the word genius in the most sarcastic fashion, hence it is you who I misinterpreting in this instance.

Comment

Amazed it's almost 2018 and the "Trump is playing 5D Chess" bollocks still has legs.
                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

The filming of that new GRRM show is going ahead in Limerick, they're doing a ten episode first season for a kick off I think.

Comment

DUP have to be seen to be fighting tooth and nail against any concessions to "them'uns". If they spoke in anything other than that rhetoric their constituents would eviscerate them. Their own personal opinions arent always as extreme as what they present.
                                          Their conference last week was very carefully managed to keep the loonies off stage and low profile. If the worlds attention had been as focussed on some of the previous years they would have been shown in an even worse light.
                                          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                            Won’t happen. A form of words will be found which effectively kicks the can down the road into the wider future trading relationship talks. The UK govt will commit to having equivalent standards on the island of Ireland in certain key areas and the DUP will have the huff but everyone will get on with it until 2018 when the practicalities get discussed.

Also expect some sort of commitment on the financial costs of managing the border from the UK side.
                                            If RTEs latest update is true then its pretty much over with a rousing victory for Team Ireland/EU.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                              depends on if your client has a history of refusing to pay his bills
                                              Then they will not be a client for very long.

Anyway being Trump's lawyer is +EV, even if he does it for free. If you can't monetise all that lovely media exposure into $$$$, then you're in the wrong game.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                If RTEs latest update is true then its pretty much over with a rousing victory for Team Ireland/EU.

https://www.rte.ie/news/brexit/2017/...-negotiations/
                                                Some swongs for Leo over the last week. He has May by the geehairs though (an image I couldn't resist, new low etc).

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                  The filming of that new GRRM show is going ahead in Limerick, they're doing a ten episode first season for a kick off I think.
                                                  Kind of annoying - its a 90 page novelette with a structured story.
                                                  Getting 10 hours out of it would be fine as there's lot of scope for building back story for the characters many of whom are barely sketched in the story. But having it open-ended and dragging it out for as many seasons as people will watch is just silly.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                    Khawaja out Raoul. Bet dead now methinks
                                                    yeah, he could have reviewed it too. Gobshite!

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                      Not sure what you’re getting at here.

The guy’s point was that he is leaving no legacy.

He has done it all in the sport already. Made more money than anyone else in the sport - nobody comes close.

He KOd the best featherweight of all time within seconds.

He is the most famous MMArtist of all time.

That’s called leaving a legacy behind you when you move on from the sport.
                                                      He still has to defend a title.

Comment

That reads like a preamble to a border between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK?

Kind of annoying - its a 90 page novelette with a structured story.
                                                        Getting 10 hours out of it would be fine as there's lot of scope for building back story for the characters many of whom are barely sketched in the story. But having it open-ended and dragging it out for as many seasons as people will watch is just silly.
                                                        Yeah I can imagine. Realistically though tbf some 90 page yoke by GRRM is hardly the best story available to make a series out of so this is just a cash in on name recognition and probably only a loose nod to the original story.

Martin also teased about the plot of the series, and it is a departure from his original work. He said the following:

“Honestly, at first I was baffled as to how they hoped to get a series out of my story, since at the end of the novella (and the film) pretty much everyone is dead (it was a horror story, after all). But in May, UCP got me a copy of Jeff Buhler’s script, and I saw how he’d dealt with that. It was a good read, and yes, I came away with a better idea of where they’d find a few seasons.”
                                                        Nightflyers is coming soon for a 10-episode season on SyFy, and George RR Martin teased the series, which is based on one of his novellas, in a recent

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

This isn’t a negotiation. It’s a slow paced series of concessions to allow May to keep her side on board for as long as possible. The key risk is that she gets the heave and it all breaks up. Then we’re in no deal territory.

Basically I think the Tories will keep her as a fig leaf for all the concessions and then give her the heave ho in late 2018. Unfortunately it won’t work for them and Corbyn will come in. It’s got to be the equivalent of a 10% drop in GDP between what 2026 GDP would have been if no Brexit vote had happened and the current clusterfuck.

As for a UK government lead seizing of the opportunities of Brexit. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                              At the very least NI will become a lot more like Ireland and a lot less like rest of UK over the next decades. Which makes sense economically for them. DUP playing a risky game by resisting it so much, as I'd imagine a decent proportion of their voters know this needs to happen.
                                                              It’s potentially very useful for the Republic as well as it’ll give us access to cheap Nordie labour as a release valve to keep the economy somewhat competitive.

Comment

At the very least NI will become a lot more like Ireland and a lot less like rest of UK over the next decades. Which makes sense economically for them. DUP playing a risky game by resisting it so much, as I'd imagine a decent proportion of their voters know this needs to happen.
                                                                You give them a lot of credit. The DUP pander to their electorate and the risk for them would be to be seen to fully cooperate. It will be a dragging and screaming policy with a wink back in the hallways of Stormont.

Comment

DUP voters ain't exactly renowned for such a logical, dispassionate analysis.

Comment

who would have thought the end of the UK would have been brought about by David Cameron putting his dick in a pig's mouth.

Comment

Monday morning a little early for sarcasm. I in no way think there's any genius in that ape.

In other news fuk da brits wha
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Monday morning a little early for sarcasm. I in no way think there's any genius in that ape.

In other news fuk da brits wha
                                                                        No need. They are fucking themselves, quite hard.

Another bunch of Putin's puppets.

Comment

Who's calling the shots now

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Comment

No need. They are fucking themselves, quite hard.

Another bunch of Putin's puppets.
                                                                            Lovely to watch. They can keep the north though.
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                              Who's calling the shots now

Tiocfaidh ár lá
                                                                              Until they fork over the €€€€, they can keep that blighted shithole.

Comment

What would be the logical reason for even wanting to take the north back? No hard border sure but there's no good reason to actually want the 6 counties back is there?
                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

What would be the logical reason for even wanting to take the north back? No hard border sure but there's no good reason to actually want the 6 counties back is there?

Comment

Meh. Who cares about that now nationalism does nobody any good
                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

so it’s ok to start enjoying the schadenfreude over brexit again now?
                                                                                      Last edited by Guest; 04-12-17, 13:54.

Comment

Russia supposedly have the easiest group since prior to 1986 WC

Before the World Cup draw on Friday, there was reason to suspect that Russia would get off easy. As the host country, it was slotted into Pot 1, which made it i…

Comment

We'd be better at the football

Comment

Didn’t realize times were so tough in the toilet paper market,you’d think that would be pretty steady income

Comment

...
                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Who wants to play werewolf?

Comment

Shows how desperate the economic situation is going to be for the Brits if their internal economic analysis is persuading them to agree to every single thing the EU agree in order to get a trade deal. Presume they've been told they're busto without that trade deal.
                                                                                                  Is it the first time since the musket was invented that Britain wont have the most favorable trade setup in the world?

When you consider the size of their colonies, the commonwealth and the control they had over key ports around the world in the 1600's-1900's they got a cut off a lot of global trade and resources.

Post WW2 they were able to negotiate stronger agreements in the war settlement with mainland Europe and were strong allies with the US who were outside of Russia the only real industrial power left and on their way to becoming the world leader.

When with European countries finally recovered enough and became cohesive enough to push back effectively they joined the EU.

Comment

Have the Tories just dumped us into a united Ireland and an annual bill of billions?
                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                      Thought it was starting today? Was looking forward to watching some day one madness

Comment

*insert one of millions of pics of mental DUP heads*
                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Yeah, the ‘Southern Irish’ just have to lump it basically. You can’t always have what you want in life.

Comment

Scotland, London, Wales all saying now if NI stay in the customs union we demand to stay in as well. This Brexit garbage will never come to pass.

Comment

Spent a while there browsing daily mail comments under the trade deal article,lovely stuff

Comment

No deal today after all that.

Comment

Have the Tories just dumped us into a united Ireland and an annual bill of billions?
                                                                                                                  99% chance this means Britain plans to stay in the customs union. Do you think Arlene would agree to any scenario in whcih NI's status within Britain is reduced in the slightest?
                                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Brexit is just going to be Michael Gove and Dave Davis being stranded on that abandoned oil rig/micronation Sealand

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                      Didn’t realize times were so tough in the toilet paper market,you’d think that would be pretty steady income

http://www.thejournal.ie/an-phoblach...31460-Dec2017/
                                                                                                                      sales havent been the same since the stopped hitting the pubs after last orders
                                                                                                                      Karaoke, few tunes, national anthems, ahhh the ballads, an phoblacht seller in a bomber jacket.
                                                                                                                      Such were nights out in Dublin
                                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                        sales havent been the same since the stopped hitting the pubs after last orders
                                                                                                                        Karaoke, few tunes, national anthems, ahhh the ballads, an phoblacht seller in a bomber jacket.
                                                                                                                        Such were nights out in Dublin
                                                                                                                        Times have changed in the Republican newspaper game alright. Remember when Saoirse wasn't a woman taking the piss our of Aer Lingus on SNL?

Comment

I tried to watch that sketch and had to kill it with fire.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X