Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Klopp trolling Fantasy Football players. Hopefully sticks Salah on for the last 60 seconds

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
      I hope Tar is doing refunds
      Ah fuck sake.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Another Dutch advantage is the average Dutch driver doesn't actively try to kill cyclists. Dutch mainly don't wear helmets ~80% don't. Think I read somewhere about cycling helmets not being a good idea, but might have got that absolutely wrong.
        Well remember that the driver is automatically assumed to be wrong in an incident with a cyclist in the Netherlands and the infrastructure mostly keeps them separated anyway. There's plenty of road rage and aggressive driving there though.
        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
            On a pet related note my family home is now the owner of a two "micro" pigs to go along with the real pygmy goat and the not so real one.

Currently 5 dogs, 2 ponies, 1 pygmy goat, 1 not so pygmy goat, 2 rabbits and these two 'micro' pigs.

If I gave the full list of historical pets I doubt you'd believe me.

Comment

Arsenal game is funny. 1-0 up and looking a bit out of sorts, and then Ozil turns into a machine and sets up 2 goals and scores one of his own in a 5 minute spell!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                Arsenal game is funny. 1-0 up and looking a bit out of sorts, and then Ozil turns into a machine and sets up 2 goals and scores one of his own in a 5 minute spell!
                Ye will look very bare when himself & Sanchez disappear in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                  Ye will look very bare when himself & Sanchez disappear in the summer.
                  Alexis has been extremely wasteful in general this season. A couple of pieces of magic doesn't quite gloss over a poor start to the season. Fun times coming tbh

Comment

Was gonna purchase these in Telfords here in town 465 fucking euro!

The list of Headphones. Find your best from all Headphones products. Be at one with your music with our headphones, including Bluetooth® headphones, wireless, noise cancelling & sports models. Discover headband & in-ear designs.}

now tbf they are unbelievable. you cant hear a thing the noise cancellation is that good . when someone speaks you just touch side of headphone and you can hear the person speaking.

so after some rooting about the net got them here , was a bit dubious and did a few checks, arrived from Hong Kong in 7 days 300 quid!
                    400 on sony website , still a massive saving

Great site off for another root .

Her sky-ness
                    © 5starpool

Comment

Salah is a good player, but he's not as good as Renato Sanches

Comment

Klopp trolling Fantasy Football players. Hopefully sticks Salah on for the last 60 seconds

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                          Ah fuck sake.
                          Let us know where the bottom is lads tyty
                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                            The man is a beast!

Not a bad effort from Rooney either for his hat-trick goal

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

The list of Headphones. Find your best from all Headphones products. Be at one with your music with our headphones, including Bluetooth® headphones, wireless, noise cancelling & sports models. Discover headband & in-ear designs.}

now tbf they are unbelievable. you cant hear a thing the noise cancellation is that good . when someone speaks you just touch side of headphone and you can hear the person speaking.

so after some rooting about the net got them here , was a bit dubious and did a few checks, arrived from Hong Kong in 7 days 300 quid!

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/?gclid...MaAgt1EALw_wcB
                              They were £189 on black Friday on amazon. Actually they're the older model which is just as good tbh
                              Last edited by shrapnel; 29-11-17, 22:16.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                They were £189 on black Friday on amazon. Actually they're the older model which is just as good tbh
                                saw that the newer model is not available till Jan, so left it. I bought because I sampled here in town and couldnt believe how good they were and making that saving I was happy enough.
                                Her sky-ness
                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                  Any mens watch ideas, probably a budget of 300 - 500. It's for a 68yr old.
                                  Two decent watch shops in Kildare village , would you not go have a look . least you can see them and chat face to face about them .and if get a good deal maybe pick up something else in another store while there and not far from you
                                  Her sky-ness
                                  © 5starpool

Comment

We are so back.
                                    "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                    "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                                      We are so back.
                                      Boom. Is back. 100%

Buying new car Tuesday
                                      Her sky-ness
                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Treated myself to a pair for me 40th. Unreal piece of kit, and priced accordingly. Mate has the previous model and cant see much difference tbh. They were £190 last week and 4 guys In work purchased.
                                        Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                        https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

The man is a beast!

Not a bad effort from Rooney either for his hat-trick goal

Saw people raving about it but really dont see what so special about it... it is an empty goalmouth to aim at... goalkeeper nowhere near.
                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                            Any mens watch ideas, probably a budget of 300 - 500. It's for a 68yr old.
                                            Happy birthday Strewelpeter?

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                              Saw people raving about it but really dont see what so special about it... it is an empty goalmouth to aim at... goalkeeper nowhere near.
                                              Id say most players miss that .

Comment

Last edited by Denny Crane; 30-11-17, 08:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                  Id say most players miss that .
                                                  Really? Most professional footaballers who kick balls, day in and day out for a living would miss an empty target that big? Nah, not buying that. Doesnt look that difficult. It is a nice goal, but not really that amazing is it?
                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Really? Most professional footaballers who kick balls, day in and day out for a living would miss an empty target that big? Nah, not buying that. Doesnt look that difficult. It is a nice goal, but not really that amazing is it?
                                                    Yep most of them miss from 3 yards out. This Is how the likes of Aldridge and Solskjaer made a living. Composure in match situations to score a simple goal. Surprisingly hard to find players who can do that at the top level.

Comment

Bought a new phone last week. Deal was £29 a month for 2 years with O2. Got rejected due to poor credit rating.

Turns out i have a poor credit rating as i don't have any outstanding loans or credit cards

fucking morons! Went with vodafone instead. they didn't have such qualms.

Comment

Vikings came back last night !
                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                          Vikings came back last night !
                                                          You say that like it came as a surpise. Some people were counting down the days and minutes until 3am last night, and then the internet died

Comment

You say that like it came as a surpise. Some people were counting down the days and minutes until 3am last night, and then the internet died
                                                            I missed the memo seemingly !
                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Little one snotted herself against the corner of a unit yesterday morning opening up a nice 1 inch gash pumping blood. I could see her skull. Never shit myself as much in my life.

Watching her like a hawk this morning to stop her pulling at it while the young lad is bouncing his head off everything shouting "Ne-Na" as he didn't get to go in the ambulance. All the while trying to beat a morning deadline to secure a site which will prepay my salary for 2018. I need a valium or something. Roll on the creche freerole from next September, think I'll semi-retire till then.

Comment

Lol. He hits it first time. To get the control and power to score from there is brilliant. Take off those light blue glasses m8

Comment

Loving that the Donald managed to tweet the wrong theresamay with his advice about how she should concentrate on terrorism rather than criticising him.
                                                                  Presumably South Korea should be a little worried at such a lack of attention to key detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                    Little one snotted herself against the corner of a unit yesterday morning opening up a nice 1 inch gash pumping blood. I could see her skull. Never shit myself as much in my life.

Watching her like a hawk this morning to stop her pulling at it while the young lad is bouncing his head off everything shouting "Ne-Na" as he didn't get to go in the ambulance. All the while trying to beat a morning deadline to secure a site which will prepay my salary for 2018. I need a valium or something. Roll on the creche freerole from next September, think I'll semi-retire till then.
                                                                    I'd puke. Hope she's ok. Been in an ambulance with my 1st lad after a febrile seizure. Shock nearly killed me as I didn't know wtf they were or how common. He just blanked out with blue lips.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

That guy must have put a stop loss on bitfinex or something which is retarded, it would then flash crash and he'd get wiped out.. The reputable exchanges just refund these transactions and put measures in to stop it happening. GDAX and Coinbase had that happen recently.
                                                                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 30-11-17, 11:11.

Comment

Absolute suicide on an instrument that can easily move 10% a day, pretty much guaranteed that your stops are going to be hit. And even better again some people had their margin in cypto. The algos must be having some fun out there. Can't wait until it gets going on CME.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                          Yep most of them miss from 3 yards out. This Is how the likes of Aldridge and Solskjaer made a living. Composure in match situations to score a simple goal. Surprisingly hard to find players who can do that at the top level.
                                                                          same in any sport, I coach ~25 kids hockey and there is literally only one who will stop the ball in front of goal and pass it calmly into the corner where the keeper has no chance. The rest of them just hack at it wildly.

Not my kid either.
                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Just watched the rooney goal expecting something special. What i got was a shot from halfway into an empty net, with no one near him or the goal. Commentary is priceless " one of the best goals in prem history"

Wouldn't get goal of the week let alone season.
                                                                            sigpic
                                                                            Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                              Lol. He hits it first time. To get the control and power to score from there is brilliant. Take off those light blue glasses m8
                                                                              What does blue glasses gotta do with it just don't think the goal was that brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by aidankk View Post
                                                                                Just watched the rooney goal expecting something special. What i got was a shot from halfway into an empty net, with no one near him or the goal. Commentary is priceless " one of the best goals in prem history"

Rooney said himself after the match it's probably the best goal he's ever scored.

Given he's scored that:
                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                against Newcastle

And that :
                                                                                SPOILER

It's quite a statement, it wasn't like Beckham's where he took a touch. He struck it first time from 58 yards.

It was a great goal.
                                                                                Last edited by Guest; 30-11-17, 12:23. Reason: spoiler

Comment

...
                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

What does blue glasses gotta do with it just don't think the goal was that brilliant.
                                                                                    Ah lads come on. The technique to hit it that well is seriously impressive. 90% of halfway line goals are scored when the players has the ball under control, not when it's bouncing towards them with a bit of pace. It would have been hard to hit it much better than he did tbf. Probably not a contender for best goal of the past 25 years, but still a super strike.

Comment

It was really well hit with great technique. Not goal of the season material or anything, but if any of us tried it 99% of the time it would go awry. If he had hit that as a pass though, while rightly it would have been lauded, the reaction would have been more muted.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                        Rooney said himself after the match it's probably the best goal he's ever scored.
                                                                                        People in sport do tend to overreact to immediacy, much like the way 'most important game in years/of career" tends to get tagged on to at least a dozen games a year.
                                                                                        Could also be an element of journalist pleasing if it was a reply in a press conference, it's the sort of question you are really just meant to answer Yes to.

Comment

Wendy you just don't understand

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                            People in sport do tend to overreact to immediacy, much like the way 'most important game in years/of career" tends to get tagged on to at least a dozen games a year.
                                                                                            Could also be an element of journalist pleasing if it was a reply in a press conference, it's the sort of question you are really just meant to answer Yes to.
                                                                                            I agree completely but he must feel it is at least in the conversation and it is a great goal, goal of week worthy at least.
                                                                                            I don't think it's better than the 2 goals I linked but if he said:

"It's one of, if not the best goal I've scored, I hit it as well as I've ever kicked football"

Comment

Ah here, It’s the best goal I’ve seen him score. Not the most spectacular of course, but you have to understand technique over the spectacular. To guide it like that 1st time at such a height was excellent. If he had hit a high looper than just dropped into the goal it would have looked more spectacular but not as good in my book, but therein is the crux of if it’s a great goal or not. It lies in the perception of the person doing the critique (so there- ye know nothing)

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                i saw Martin Keown somewhere saying Everton's match v West Ham was the biggest in the clubs history.

Comment

indeed

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

you need to strike a moving ball 55 yards over a couple of defenders first time with the laces of your boots. nothing to it at all, what could possibly go wrong. It was a sensational strike albeit not going to win goal of the season or anything.
                                                                                                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Stick up a video of the goal and I'll tell ya whether its a good goal or a grrreat goal
                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                      Stick up a video of the goal and I'll tell ya whether its a good goal or a grrreat goal
                                                                                                      Ok. Now bend over.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                        Bought a new phone last week. Deal was £29 a month for 2 years with O2. Got rejected due to poor credit rating.

Turns out i have a poor credit rating as i don't have any outstanding loans or credit cards

fucking morons! Went with vodafone instead. they didn't have such qualms.

When I was a teenager, my Dad insisted that I open a credit union A/c in order to start building up a credit rating. Back then, you had to save for 16 weeks solid before you could borrow so he put in a few quid each week. Once the 16 weeks were up, I applied for a loan with him as guarantor. Walked out of the credit union and handed the money to my Dad who paid it back in over the agreed term plus interest and a few quid into savings. We rinsed and repeated this several times so by the time I was 18, I had a perfect rating with them over several loans all paid off as agreed. I initially thought he was mad at the time but it made sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                          When I was a teenager, my Dad insisted that I open a credit union A/c in order to start building up a credit rating. Back then, you had to save for 16 weeks solid before you could borrow so he put in a few quid each week. Once the 16 weeks were up, I applied for a loan with him as guarantor. Walked out of the credit union and handed the money to my Dad who paid it back in over the agreed term plus interest and a few quid into savings. We rinsed and repeated this several times so by the time I was 18, I had a perfect rating with them over several loans all paid off as agreed. I initially thought he was mad at the time but it made sense.
                                                                                                          madness Ted. won't be doing the same for my kids

Comment

Apparently the kiln-dried wood we get here, 96% of it comes from Latvia or Lithuania. So said the lad who sells me my firewood.

Is it just me or is that totally insane, do we not have sufficient forestland that could profitably be devoted to this?

Comment

Wooden know meself.
                                                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                Looks like a great book:

http://cleanmeat.com
                                                                                                                Cheers will give that a read when it comes out!

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                  Wooden know meself.
                                                                                                                  you should log off after that

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                    Apparently the kiln-dried wood we get here, 96% of it comes from Latvia or Lithuania. So said the lad who sells me my firewood.

Is it just me or is that totally insane, do we not have sufficient forestland that could profitably be devoted to this?
                                                                                                                    It's one reason I go out in hurricanes, another reason being people telling me to stay indoors.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Did you axe him why?

Comment

Good lol on the way to work this morning -

Canadian radio station Cjay92 just picked up the McGregor smacking a gang bosses oul lad story. The program is 2 twentysomething lads and an older chap semi talk, semi music. They were telling how "respected Crime Journalist" Paul Williams was on a show and told all about McGregor needed to leave the country or be killed.

One of the lads asked "Does this Williams fella write for a reputable newspaper? or is it the tabloids and gossip columns"

Other lad responds "Nah he's pretty well respected, has his own show and everything".

First lad again "Well, from what I know about Ireland, and I've never been there, but Ive read lots... a large swathe of the country is still run by the mob".

Canadians man.
                                                                                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                          Good lol on the way to work this morning -

Canadian radio station Cjay92 just picked up the McGregor smacking a gang bosses oul lad story. The program is 2 twentysomething lads and an older chap semi talk, semi music. They were telling how "respected Crime Journalist" Paul Williams was on a show and told all about McGregor needed to leave the country or be killed.

One of the lads asked "Does this Williams fella write for a reputable newspaper? or is it the tabloids and gossip columns"

Other lad responds "Nah he's pretty well respected, has his own show and everything".

First lad again "Well, from what I know about Ireland, and I've never been there, but Ive read lots... a large swathe of the country is still run by the mob".

Canadians man.
                                                                                                                          Is that a Montreeal station?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X