Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He said multiples times on the RedFm show he had been there loads of times to learn Arabic etc. Didnt see the LLS but if he said on that it was his first time there then there is clearly a lie going on.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
      He said multiples times on the RedFm show he had been there loads of times to learn Arabic etc. Didnt see the LLS but if he said on that it was his first time there then there is clearly a lie going on.
      Exactly my point. It's just the fact he is lying about it is dodgy . Why bother try and make himself look more innocent if he is so completely faultless? I don't care if he's been there before, just be consistent.

Comment

Also on the RedFm interview he went from talking about going to cinema with his mates to saying he did support the political party and his family had etc.

Comment

Whatever his reasons for getting caught up in the whole thing a few years ago he is currently being given a major platform to spread his belief, is he coming across as a hardline militant trying to spread hate and fear?

Comment

You are a bit obsessed with one detail you seem to know fuck all about.
            Can you dig out where he says he had never been to Egypt before before you continue.
            Also on the RedFm interview he went from talking about going to cinema with his mates to saying he did support the political party and his family had etc.
            Whats the point you are trying to make?
            What has going to the cinema got to do with whether he was a supporter of Mirsi or of Sisi?
            He has said over and again that he opposed the coup
            Last edited by Strewelpeter; 25-11-17, 15:08.
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

The absolute irony of SP looking for links to things you believe to be false when you post complete lies on other subjects with no links and won't provide them when asked. You're becoming a parody of yourself

Comment

Info Google is storing about you. Worth a look\clearout from time to time.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

LOL @ that penalty by Scotland.
                  Class by Finn Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                    Anyone playing the Sporting tonight? Back in Ireland for a few days and going to take a spin in for old times sake
                    I've still never been in the Sporting since I started playing poker.
                    I would have only ever driven to the Fitz/JPs or gone to The Jackpot if I was out in Dublin.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Anyone remember when 'catch a nigger by the toe' was changed to 'tiger by the toe'. Was definitely nigger when I was a kid.
                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Will help you push SP around Bray Head Chad. We can get an icecream and have a game of ww.
                          "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                          "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                            Anyone remember when 'catch a nigger by the toe' was changed to 'tiger by the toe'. Was definitely nigger when I was a kid.
                            Was also nigger when I was a kid and I'd say I'm a fair bit younger than yourself

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                              Was also nigger when I was a kid and I'd say I'm a fair bit younger than yourself
                              Ah, probably changed in Dublin earlier. A westbrit thing, and having BBC

Edit: The BBC was referring to the TV channel, not big black cock.
                              Last edited by ComradeCollie; 25-11-17, 17:10.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                  bit of a weird way to catch niggers or tigers
                                  Thought you'd be the very man to remember when it changed. Don't think it was ever outlawed, just a general agreement that it had to go.

Comment

Chelsea too big at 5/2 surely? Gonna have a small nibble

Comment

Bisping just folded! Think the ref could have been in a bit sooner too

Comment

Wp jack ,you have them all parsing Neil prendo interviews of a sat morning,you’ll go far son

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                          Bisping just folded! Think the ref could have been in a bit sooner too

Ridiculous he was cleared to fight

Comment

What a sweet pass

Comment

Hitch's guide to intelligence really makes you feel good about yourself. I read up to a dozen articles a day!

QOTSA were awesome last night.
                                              Bitcoin rapidly approaching 9k and bitcoin cash at 1600, not a bad aul weekend for the cryptos.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                Ridiculous he was cleared to fight
                                                Yup, saw a few fighters tweeting that, it's ridiculous so soon after being rocked in a previous fight, especially against someone known to be so heavy handed. Weighing up going over to London for his retirement fight. Hope they match him up with someone entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                  Hoping to break 28:00 tomorrow morning m8, couple of near misses the last few weeks. Will need your positive vibes at 9.30 am.
                                                  Get in there, well done AJ.
                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                    Get in there, well done AJ.
                                                    Still think you're all crazy encouraging anybody at 100kg to go running. Swimming, bicycling or random gym stuff yeah. Willie, don't go running please.

Comment

Still think you're all crazy encouraging anybody at 100kg to go running. Swimming, bicycling or random gym stuff yeah. Willie, don't go running please.
                                                      Why do you think that Collie?

Comment

Why do you think that Collie?

Just think it will cause major joint damage. Have you ever been 100kg? It's not nice.

Comment

Ruined Santy for my mate's kid the other day.

The previous day I borrowed his van. The back of it was full of shit so had to start lobbing crap around the place to make room. Noticed a kids toy there so put it into the cab to avoid it getting damaged.

It was a car toy his little lad was going mad to get off Santa.

The next morning the little fella was sick so my mate had to drop the older kid to school. She still firmly believes.

'What's that Dad?'

Comment

Just think it will cause major joint damage. Have you ever been 100kg? It's not nice.
                                                            Dunno man, by the time you put the volume in required for major joint damage you'll be 65kg.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                              He said he had never been before.

Anyway each to there own. I think we all agree it's great that he is out. I just don't think of him as some poor unfortunate bystander.
                                                              I've listened back to the Late Late and below is exactly what he said

"The plan was actually, you know to, to go to Ibiza with my friends, yeah, the Leaving Cert normal holiday, you know. And I had that in plan and I had that all sorted out, but then, because, I haven't, you know, the revolution in Egypt was going on, we didn't go to Egypt at that time, there was a lot of gun politics on so I have extended family as like, you know, American Irish people have extended family here you know, so I was like, ok, my Dad was like, you haven't been to Egypt, you know, at least go to say hello and then you can go back to Ibiza and I was like OK, that's cool "

I think you can take that to be that he had been before but he hadn't been in a few years and that was why his Dad was telling him to go as he had gone every year since he was born up until 2011 but I also get that you can take that as he has never been to Egypt.

To me, it makes no sense to change the story from "I've never been" to "I've been every year since I was born except for the rising" and I'd put the lack of clarity down to it been (I think) the first time he's been on such a huge chat show on national television. I've done an interview for a local radio station when I was in my late 30's and I was shitting it, and stumbled on a few words. I can only imaging what it's like going on national television when you are 21 but again, I am giving him the benefit of the doubt.

LOL, this is just complete and utter lies (similar to some of your previous comments) He never said he or his family supported any political party but it does confirm my suspicions about you. I was wondering what was your make up? 100% racist/0% troll or 100% troll/0% racist or maybe 50/50?

I'm still not sure of the exact split and I no longer care as I am 100% sure that you are a troll and with that in mind, I won't be wasting any more of my time interacting with you. You'll need to find somebody else to bite on your bait m8!

Comment

1.5 tracks in to Noel Gallagher's new album and it's pretty fooking good so far.

Can't see it faltering from this good start. Will report back.

Comment

Was definitely above that on the doctor scales during the summer and agree it isn't nice - but I don't think it necessarily means you shouldn't run but must definitely be sensible about it. Proper supportive footwear, muscle strengthening, stretching and taking a few weeks out if the legs start being sore. I'm guessing Solks would know all this as he's probably played sports and suchlike.
                                                                  Ultimately its trying to get into a reverse circle of running helping you to lose weight and the more weight you lose the more you can run helping you to lose more weight...

Doubtless there's other (better) ways to do it rather than running, but a gym or an exercise bike won't suit everyone.

Comment

@ Brian, it's not healthy to shut off from opposing views m8.

I fundamentally disagree with Jack, on most things so far. In this case, it seems pretty clearly (to me) to be Islamophobia. In the truest sense of the word.

But these views are so widespread in society, in 95% of cases it's knuckle dragging stuff, but here is a clearly articulate, intelligent person with these views.

Do you not think it is better to engage, argue and debate rather than shut out?

Comment

Sausage mash and beans washed down with a nice red wine followed by a pack of Jaffa Cakes. Life is pretty sweet right now.

No matter what your race, religion, gender or sexual orientation is, there are the great the good and the cunts in all walks of life. I try and take people as I find them.

Lao Lao is an absolute gent.
                                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

@ Brian, it's not healthy to shut off from opposing views m8.

I fundamentally disagree with Jack, on most things so far. In this case, it seems pretty clearly (to me) to be Islamophobia. In the truest sense of the word.

But these views are so widespread in society, in 95% of cases it's knuckle dragging stuff, but here is a clearly articulate, intelligent person with these views.

Do you not think it is better to engage, argue and debate rather than shut out?

I completely agree with your 1st, 2nd and last paragraphs and also accept that I did let rip on my first post on this but I disagree on your 3rd paragraph. Jack has made two statements today about the interview which are complete and utter lies. I called him out on the first one earlier today and asked him to respond/debate. He didn't and instead launched into the second complete and utter lie. He may be intelligent but he is using that intelligence to troll people in here and I've no time for that, life's too short to waste on people like that.

Listen to the interview yourself if you are not sure about whether the two claims he made are true or complete lies.

Comment

Just had a thought.

When you have really strong views, regardless of left or right, liberal or conservative, diametrically opposed viewpoints can have the appearance of trolling.

I think that's a bad sign though. The reason those opinions appear as trolling is because it's not possible to fathom those views. They're repugnant.

This has to be due to inadequate exposure.
                                                                          The echo chamber effect.

The world works with people a shade or two either side of the middle. Echo chambers keep folk diametrically opposed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                            I completely agree with your 1st, 2nd and last paragraphs and also accept that I did let rip on my first post on this but I disagree on your 3rd paragraph. Jack has made two statements today about the interview which are complete and utter lies. I called him out on the first one earlier today and asked him to respond/debate. He didn't and instead launched into the second complete and utter lie. He may be intelligent but he is using that intelligence to troll people in here and I've no time for that, life's too short to waste on people like that.

Listen to the interview yourself if you are not sure about whether the two claims he made are true or complete lies.
                                                                            Didn't read this post before my last one bro.

That was just a general observation but reads like a gouge on you given it's directly after.

Comment

No idea where she heard it but my 3 year old told me a joke today.

'Why did the banana go to the hospital?'

SPOILER
                                                                              'Because he wasn't peeling well'

Comment

1.5 tracks in to Noel Gallagher's new album and it's pretty fooking good so far.

Can't see it faltering from this good start. Will report back.
                                                                                Why waste your time? When was the last time he released anything of worth?

Comment

The first Big Baller Brand signature sneaker is slated to ship Friday, as LaVar Ball's vision for his "family brand" comes to fruition.

I see LaVar had a live interview on CNN and was quite reserved and well received in light of the Trump tweet.
                                                                                  Link to a timeline of his rapid rise to fame.

Unbelievable timing for the Big Baller Brand which ships it's first signature shoe this week.

Standard edition of the shoe selling at 495$

Comment

Jim Carrey doc on Netflix is class. Helps if you have seen Man on the moon
                                                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Just had a thought.

When you have really strong views, regardless of left or right, liberal or conservative, diametrically opposed viewpoints can have the appearance of trolling.

The world works with people a shade or two either side of the middle. Echo chambers keep folk diametrically opposed.
                                                                                      The sightly more nuanced view of this subject is that there are a lot of opinions. The full spectrum of opinions is very wide and contains much that is entirely worthless; to take an example at random you could have a discussion on global warming repeatedly interrupted by a poster called jack911 claiming the whole thing is an Islamist plot to cover up the fact that the world is in flat.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                        The sightly more nuanced view of this subject is that there are a lot of opinions. The full spectrum of opinions is very wide and contains much that is entirely worthless; to take an example at random you could have a discussion on global warming repeatedly interrupted by a poster called jack911 claiming the whole thing is an Islamist plot to cover up the fact that the world is in flat.

Comment

Fat lady clearing her throat in Brisbane

Comment

No idea where she heard it but my 3 year old told me a joke today.

'Why did the banana go to the hospital?'

SPOILER
                                                                                            'Because he wasn't peeling well'
                                                                                            Someone found the xmas crackers.

3 year olds read now,dont they ?
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Guy i work with makes a bit of hooch on the side, his local Aldi thinks he works for chivers id say, every few weeks he buys 50kg of sugar...

He gave me a bottle of his xmas blend this morning heading home, he tells me its hard to tell the ABV but im after having 2 small glasses, maybe 100ml, and ill sleep well today.

This is what goes in.

This too shall pass.

Comment

Could someone not have told me that 6am pints would not end well

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                  Currently drinking red wine in bed cause iv no water left
                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                    If jack911 in your example truly believed that worldview then it's not trolling, even though it would be dismissed as such. I don't think that's healthy.

What if this jack911 was a charismatic person offline that impressionable people listened to? It would serve everyone better to pick apart his opinion and try understand why he came to hold it.

A real life good example of the dangers of bad ideas not being challenged effectively is the widespread dismissal of biological science in the US school system. Particularly in the south.

Generations of people are being fed an untruth, shielded from the proper explanation of the world around them. This has far reaching consequences imo.

Engagement offers the best way to open minds. Dismissal just hardens them shut.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                      Currently drinking red wine in bed cause iv no water left
                                                                                                      Pint bottle of cider incoming

Comment

ah yer drunk yer drunk ya silly ol fool but still you can not seee,
                                                                                                        that's a dirty scouser where yer missus used to be

Comment

Adam Lambert even camper than Freddy. What a voice though, his band were ok too.

Comment

Pint bottle of cider incoming
                                                                                                            I found a nice cold bottle of processco in the fridge. It's going down nicely. Full fry up on route. It's a nice Sunday morning
                                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                I was doing morning drinking back before it was cool, guys.
                                                                                                                warm morning beer?

Comment

If jack911 in your example truly believed that worldview then it's not trolling, even though it would be dismissed as such. I don't think that's healthy.

What if this jack911 was a charismatic person offline that impressionable people listened to? It would serve everyone better to pick apart his opinion and try understand why he came to hold it.

A real life good example of the dangers of bad ideas not being challenged effectively is the widespread dismissal of biological science in the US school system. Particularly in the south.

Generations of people are being fed an untruth, shielded from the proper explanation of the world around them. This has far reaching consequences imo.

Engagement offers the best way to open minds. Dismissal just hardens them shut.
                                                                                                                  sorry Connor I need a more nuanced version of this.

Comment

an old LOL

Get The Shirts from this video here = http://www.arthustle.co.uk/maximbadyInstagram = http://instagram.com/maximbadytouray#My Twitter= https://twitter.com/#...

Comment

If you want to be truly disturbed of a Sunday morning, have a read about Elsagate
                                                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                        Hitch's guide to intelligence really makes you feel good about yourself. I read up to a dozen articles a day!

QOTSA were awesome last night.
                                                                                                                        Bitcoin rapidly approaching 9k and bitcoin cash at 1600, not a bad aul weekend for the cryptos.
                                                                                                                        And after a few hours...

Comment

Think mine is now 10 x what it was when I got it in march. Should be able to retire in 2020 at this rate.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X